Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active Since June 3rd, 2010]
Welcome to Bleach Platinum Hearts RP! This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2416, over 400 years away from the Original Bleach's timeline. It has elements of both canon and custom for a unique mixture of role playing never seen before on Bleach. To get started, please sign up and read our starter guide:
• Appearance Description: Makoto stands at 5'7". Taking after his mother, Makoto has more feminine features than a man's, and tends to apply red make-up around his eyes, which often gets him confused as a girl to others. Often enough, Makoto is told that his bright red eyes are rather striking and are often what many are led to looking at. His long black hair is usually tied up in a ponytail with thread and ornamental cloth, but even if undone, his hair still reaches to his waist. Makoto also keeps a side tail on the right side of his head, tied up with his mother's old hair thread. He wears very traditional clothing, with a slightly transparent shine top over his outfit. A purple sash over Makoto's left shoulder keeps his Zanpakutō in place.
• Appearance Picture:
Forgiving: Makoto is an very lenient individual. No matter what someone does to him, he usually finds it somewhere in his heart to forgive them. Makoto is only unable to forgive someone if they do something to the ones he cares about.
Protective: Makoto is extremely protective of those he cares for and places he considers home, or at least friendly ground. He'll often wish to fight to the death defending those things, then to see them disturbed by adversaries.
Attached: In league with his protective nature, Makoto becomes very attached to people and places. He strives for friendly relations with everyone and treats everyone and every place he grows in favor of as a treasured thing.
Masochistic: Over the years, something inside of Makoto changed. Instead of grovelling from the pain of wounds, Makoto seems to relish in it. He loves the feeling of pain, and loves to inflict pain just as much. He speculates that his powers may have had something to do with this, but he honestly doesn't care what caused him to receive such pleasure.
• History: Makoto was born into a family of shrine priests inside of the seireitei. Being the first son in a family of all girls, Makoto naturally had more feminine traits than male. He especially picked up traits from his mother, whom he was very close to. Makoto, his four sisters, and their parents were a peaceful sort, caring for their land with a sacred tree and well.
The family often saw shinigami come by their shine to pay respects or follow similar traditions. Even quite a number of royal family shinigami came by often. Makoto's family even grew fairly close with several of the royal families, over the time of their visits. Everything seemed normal and peaceful for this family of shrine maidens and priests, until one cursed day. While Makoto was working inside the shrine, suddenly a huge pressure seemed to wash over the area. Makoto was able to resist it for a few moments, being forced to his knees as he tried to make for the door, but eventually blacked out from it. When Makoto woke up some time later, he managed to get outside to find his entire family slaughtered.
The shinigami that showed up shortly afterward were unable to determine who was behind the attack, but they did find it interesting that Makoto was able to resist the spiritual pressure, even briefly, as it was felt all the way by the Gotei 13. They thought that it might be possible for Makoto become a shinigami, but would understand if he didn't undertake the endeavor. However, at that point, something switched inside of Makoto. After losing everything he had, he was in utter agony for the longest time; but once he was over that pain, any time he got hurt, he seemed to relish the feeling.
After this, Makoto did enroll into the academy, completing the full six years required to become a shinigami. Makoto's Zanpakutō was a large one, making his fighting slightly unorthodox compared to common shinigami, but he took to it rather quickly. While not skilled with combative kido, Makoto did find a talent with healing kido, which pleased him greatly. Upon graduating from the academy, Makoto quickly joined the ranks of squad 4, and serves his time helping those he can.
• Reiatsu Color: Red
• Zanpakutô Spirit Name: (TBD)
• Zanpakutô Spirit Appearance: (TBD)
• Inner World: (TBD)
• Sealed Zanpakutô Apperance : An ōdachi that is nearly as long as Makoto is. It has a cream colored saya and samegawa along with a crimson tsuka. A plain golden tsuba and kashira adorn the tsuka to finish the design. (See appearance picture for more)
• Sealed Zanpakutô Abilities:
Pain to Strength Transference: While taking damage, Makoto's Zanpakutō increases his strength relative to amount of damage. The more damaged he gets, the more his strength is increased. At the same time, if any of the damage is healed, the boosted strength is weakened by the amount of damage healed. If completely healed, there is no boost in strength at all.
• Release: (What you have to say in order to release into Shikai. Try to be original please!)
• Shikai Description: (Your character or your sword's new appearance. The appearance is totally up to you.)
• Shikai Abilities: (What are the abilities your Shikai has? Do not overpower your shikai.)
• Bankai Description: (You may fill out your Bankai Description, but unless you get staff permission, you may not use your Bankai right off the bat. There are expectations, however.)
• Bankai Abilities: (You may fill out your Bankai Powers, but unless you get staff permission, you may not use your Bankai right off the bat. There are expectations, however.)
General Speed: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
Weapon Skill: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
Last edited by Matsu on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joined : 2012-07-19 ¥ Yen : 131204738 Posts : 931 Karma : 10 Age : 23 Location : New Jersey
Member Info Awesome Bar: (30/100) Tiers:
Subject Post 3Subject: Re: Makoto Himura[Approved 5-3] Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:40 pm
Appropriate Age [X]
Appearance Present [X]
Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
10 sentences for personality [X]
History is of appropriate length [X]
Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [O]
Powers are described reasonably enough [O]
Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]
RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]
Mental Deduction: n/a
Pain Endurance: n/a
Comments/Notes: Can you please expand on your sealed Zanpakutō some more? How much strength does he obtain per damage? is it a vast amount or a small amount? is this permanent for a thread or does it fade away after some time even if your healed or not?
Joined : 2013-12-13 ¥ Yen : 11601806 Posts : 39 Karma : 0
Member Info Awesome Bar: (0/0) Tiers:
Subject Post 4Subject: Re: Makoto Himura[Approved 5-3] Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:26 pm
I just added a little in, but I can summarize it here. The amount of strength he gets depends on how much damage he takes. Cut a shallow cut? Small strength boost. Take a cero full on? Large strength boost. I'm sure you can see how that work out for anything else.
Also, it's a per battle thing, as he only gets boosted strength if he's damaged. Once he's fully healed, he's back to his regular strength.