Joined : 2014-02-19
¥ Yen : 5389448
Posts : 7
Karma : 0
|Subject Post 1Subject: Robert Godwin [Approved 4-5] Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:00 am|| |
• Name: Robert Godwin
• Titles: The Red Mockingbird
• Gender: Male
• Appearance Age: 28
• Age: 145
• Affiliation/Rank: Squad 13 Member
• Appearance Description: Robert stands at five feet and eleven inches. He is tall, dark, and muscular. Carrying the appearance of an African American with dark brown skin covered in scars from head to toe. The scars make part of his face look deformed and unattractive. One such scar starts from the bottom right to the top left of his face. Causing his left eye brow to be replaced with nothing but scared flesh. His left eye remains in contact but his eyelid can only open half way. He has no head, facial, or body hair preferring to keep himself hairless.
When on duty he wears traditional shinigami robes combined with leather padding. His arms, elbows, shoulders, and torso are covered in leather padding that is held together with leather straps. Because his face can cause people nervous reactions he usually keeps it covered with hooded mask matching the colors of his uniform. He carries his two zanpakutôs at all time. When on duty he keeps his katana strapped to his back as his wazikashi is kept on his waste.
When he is off duty he wears a red tunic with golden jewelry. He wears golden ruby ear rings, golden bracelets, and one golden eyebrow ring on his only good eyebrow. He makes no attempt to cover his face when he is off duty and doesn't carry such a combat ready appearance. His two zanpakutôs carried at his waste, relaxed posture, and even a smile cheek to cheek.
• Appearance Picture: (If you have one, link a picture of your character.)
• Personality: Robert's personality differs from on and off duty. . He values hard work, strength, and determination so he choices to work to be all these aspects on and off the clock. However, while he is on the clock he carries them to an extreme point. Often times being ridiculed as a workaholic which he considers to be a compliment and acknowledgement for all his hard work. He feels like those who do not strive to reach these three aspects are immature and disrespectful. He does not hold others to such high expectations as he does himself but he does expect all members to at least try to reach all their given responsibilities.
On duty Robert is as silent as a mouse only talking when necessary. He responds to commands, questions, and comments that are work related. He does not respond or acknowledge minor chit chat that has nothing to do with work. The only exception being that it comes from superior officer. However, this can very officer to officer. If he doesn't respects a low seat officer, or lieutenant he will cease to acknowledge commands, questions, and comments that have nothing to do with work.
When he is off duty he is much more relaxed and some say he is a completely different person. Willing to engage in pointless chit chat and even telling jokes here and there. He is kind, easy going, and social. Often times he can be found listening and sharing stories at local bars and taverns across the soul society. Even going into the deeper districts.
• Likes: Robert is found of stories. He loves telling and sharing stories off duty while drinking with his friends and strangers. Pets are a wonderful luxury that he loves to embrace. Ever since his first journey to the human world he has been in love with the idea of having pets. A loyal companion to stand by your side and the bound that the two develop. His favorite animal being the Dog.
• Dislikes: Robert despises laziness and immoral actions. People who shirk duty and make no effort in their lives sickens him. The only people he hates are those who carry out dishonorable actions without reason. Immoral actions like backstabbing, stealing, and harming the defenseless are intolerable and inexcusable without proper reasoning. Robert does not blame the individual that carries out the act when following orders but he does blame the individual that gave the order.
• History: Robert spent his time on earth as a story writer traveling the world. His human name was Elric Redwood although he doesn't remember it. He sold fictional novels about the things he saw, the places he'd been, and the stories he heard. Eventually he even settled down to have a family. His wife, Rachel, was an American girl from Washington state. They met while he was staying in a local inn in Denver. She had moved their to go to become a doctor. Robert had visited their because he heard an old song, "One night in Denver." and he had been dying to see this place the song referenced. They started dating and Robert wrote a best seller named after the song that brought him there.
Eventually they settled down and had a beautiful daughter named Kylie. She had her mothers face with big blue eyes that were filled with innocents. Robert doesn't remember much of his life on earth except Kylie. He sometimes sees her face both happy and horrified. One night Robert and his daughter were walking back from a theater having seen a movie Kylie had seen. She was only eight and filled with energy. He would watch he jump around trying to avoid the cracks; he remembers this the most about his daughter. Before he knew it he was down on the ground in pain. His daughter staring back at him her face horrified and covered in tears. Three large men began to surround his daughter. He remember getting to he feat trying to buy time for his daughter. However, he has no knowledge of whether he succeeded or not.
Time to time the memory of that day will haunt him driving the questions, "Did I save her?" deeper into his skull. His life as a shinigami started with many failure. It took 13 years in order to finally pass the exams even at one point being kicked out. Even then he was assigned a basic zanpakutô blade. Believing he had no potential and wouldn't be able to unlock his zanpakutô. Still he demanded to have two blades instead off one. Since then he has been training hard to unlock a duel blade zanpakutô.
• Reiatsu Color: Red
• Zanpakutô Spirit Name: Elric Redwood
• Zanpakutô Spirit Appearance: Redwood is covered in armor from head to toe. Every inch of his body is covered in full plate armor with the appearance of chard bone. A grey cloak covers most of his body reaching all the way to its armored boots. His helm looks like that of a great dire wolf with the visor being the wolf's mouth. Still one can barely see past the teeth of the wolf. When the Redwood speaks his voice sounds like an echo leaving Robert with the suspicion that the armor is hollow. Two blades are held at its side. One being a katana and the other a wazikashi. Both blades kept in a dark red sheath with bone handles.
• Inner World: Robert's inner world looks like a graveyard. Every time he kills someone the name of that individual is given a tombstone with their name and last words on it. The exception being one big tombstone with his zanpakutô's name on it. Often times his zanpakutô is seen standing on his tombstone that is located in the center of the graveyard.
• Sealed Zanpakutô Apperance : The Redwood blades have a silver stainless steel appearance with non guard when sealed. The handles of the blades are laced with red string and a golden butt cap. Archaic symbols are dug into the side of them after the first time they are released. The symbols on the Katana mean Family and Love and the ones on the wazikashi are Duty and Honor. The weapons are kept in dark red sheaths with gold outlining on them.
• Sealed Zanpakutô Abilities: Sutōrīkīpā: When Robert slays an enemy the memories of the fallen enemy enter his head. He experiences every emotion, lesson, and hardship that his victim has ever experienced. As a result he is left vulnerable for 1 post. He sees their point of view and hear their story as if he was them. Because of how fast this process is Robert doesn't remember much. Usually the most emotional moments and the current events are all he remembers. Many fear that this ability may drive Robert to madness. And during the five seconds Robert is left vulnerable and often times is screaming from pain.
• Release: *Insert Clever Release saying here* (Please?!? :D)
• Shikai Description: Both blades bear similar appearances. The handles turn into fine bone with black strings and a black butt. Still they have no guards and the blades turn into a unique color. The color of the sky. Blade as night with what looks like stars and planets moving in the blades. A black mist rises from the blades for as long as the shikai is active. When Robert is out of spiritual energy the mist begins to fade and the stars and planets become smaller and smaller. This continues until the blades are pitch black.
• Shikai Abilities: Sutōrīkīpā: When Robert slays an enemy the memories of the fallen enemy enter his head. He experiences every emotion, lesson, and hardship that his victim has ever experienced. As a result he is left vulnerable for 1 post. He sees their point of view and hear their story as if he was them. Because of how fast this process is Robert doesn't remember much. Usually the most emotional moments and the current events are all he remembers. Many fear that this ability may drive Robert to madness. And during the five seconds Robert is left vulnerable and often times is screaming from pain.
Sekushīna Mangūsu: Robert can increase the smoke rising out of his sword to the point where it covers both him and his opponent. He can currently increase this to cover up to two hundred and forty feet. While the opponent is covered in the black mist they cannot see and they feel like they are surrounded by Robert. Energy sensing is pointless for someone on a weaker level than Robert. However, an opponent as strong or stronger than him could sense him. Someone on par with Robert could vaguely sense him. Someone stronger than him like a captain could sense his current position. Hearing and smell are unaffected by the mist. Robert cannot see either but he can feel them through the mist. The mist acts like an extension to his body allowing him to sense energy better and feel everything within it. The mist can be blown away and fades away if it gets to any further than two hundred and forty feet. The mist doesn't last long unless its constantly being supplied. It lasts roughly two posts without being resupplied.
Baipā Warau: Redwood sends out a black spiritual wave . When produced by the wazikashi the blast packs less of a bunch but with increased speed. The katana packs a much harder punch but at the cost of a slower attack. The spiritual wave explodes upon contact causing any mist made by Sekushīna Mangūsu to dissipate.
Gōkan Kujira: Gōkan Kujira is similar to Baipā Warau in that its a spiritual wave that explodes. Gōkan Kujira released all a blast in both blades that consist of all of Robert's spiritual energy without tapping into his vital reserves. This blows up into a huge blast. Because Redwood is Robert's zanpakutô he isn't unaffected by the blast. Using this attack has the side effect of putting Redwood asleep until it heals. This usually lasts an entire week.
• Bankai Description: (You may fill out your Bankai Description, but unless you get staff permission, you may not use your Bankai right off the bat. There are expectations, however.) • Bankai Abilities: (You may fill out your Bankai Powers, but unless you get staff permission, you may not use your Bankai right off the bat. There are expectations, however.)
• PhatomTech: No
• Phantom Tech Abilities:
• Phantom Tech Powers:
- Durability: Beginner
- General Speed: Beginner
- Strength: Beginner
- Weapon Skill: Beginner
- Hoho: Beginner
- Kidō: Beginner
- Zanjutsu: Beginner
- Hakuda: Beginner
• Roleplay Sample:
There are not many times when Robert ever felt hopeless. Even with all his failures he had never known a defeat in which he could not redo. Blood dripped from his arm, to his blade, and finally landing on the ground below him. His body shacked uncontrollably both from fear and fatigue. The hollow before him stepped over the fallen bodies of his comrades; the very ones he failed to save. Some laid there dead; others unconscious. As the hollow drew near Robert for the first time since the battle broke out looked deep into its eyes. Full blown avarice stared back at him. He was no doubt proud of the catch he caught today. Its long body toward over the building around him. Each step it took shook the ground and Robert could only attempt run.
Yet, he couldn't bring himself to do it. He was faster than this Ape but it would mean leaving his comrades to die. There was no honor in that. Anger began to fill his body until reason became nothing more than a distant memory. It seemed like Robert would make a suicidal charge. But, right before he could lift is foot off the ground she came to mind. Kylie. He had not know her, he had not known who she was to him, but he did know her tears. Her voice was lost to him. He could tell she was screaming but the words didn't reach him. "Daddy.", he finally heard and the puzzle finally bore an image.
It was his daughter that he was protecting that day. He couldn't fail his comrades like he failed her. The picture of the little girls tears rang deep in his head and along came all the happy memories as well as the bad rushing back. It was during that time he could hear another voice calling out to him, "My name is..." It kept repeating, over and over. Robert realized it was his Zanpakutô. "Elric Redwood, *Insert Clever Release saying here*" Robert cried out. A large white explosion shot out of his blade and when the dust cleared his two swords had transformed.
They beard the appearance of the night sky. Robert sprinted forward to attack the ape shaped hollow but before he could get close he was blown back by a fast blast. Robert's wounds kept him from moving out of the way and he took another hit. Flying back he gave out a cry, "Agh!" his cry echoed throughout the small town they were in. A voice reached out to him during this time. "Listen you fool just because you wield me doesn't change your position." Robert staggered to his feet but before he could do anything the ape was upon him. Having jumped immediately after hitting him the ape now descended upon him from the sky.
Robert quickly acted by using a quick hoho sprint to dodge it. "To the edge of town into the forest.", His Zanpakutô cried. Robert didn't argue and began luring the hollow to the forest. He quickly jumped building to building. Dodging the hollows energy blasts as the came at him. At first it was harder but as soon as they reached the outskirts of town he could tell his body was getting faster. He could feel the energy of his Zanpakutô guiding him, strengthening him, saving him. He leaped off the final building just in time. The energy blast struck the building blowing its roof off. Robert had no time to worry about the individuals who may or may not have been caught in the building.
He used flashstep to quickly make his way to the forest where he jumped tree to tree. The hollow followed. It wasn't long until he lost the hollow. "Where are you?" "Let me make you a meal." "Maybe I'll eat your friends first." It mocked at him. "Quick we don't have enough time you must use Sekushīna Mangūsu and follow up with Gōkan Kujira." His blade Redwood commanded. "I don't know how to do it." He replied back inside his head. "Focus you energy on the smoke it will blind him that is Sekushīna Mangūsu." Redwood instructed him and the black smoke crept out from the trees. It wasn't long before him and the hollow was completely surrounded. "What is this trickery... your Zanpuckto eh?" The hollow scoffed and lets out several blasts of every.
Robert jumped high in the air leaving the dense fog he created. "Now pull all your energy out from the blade, spare none or you will fail." Redwood called out as Robert drew closer to the hollow. The blasted beast had managed to blast down most of the trees and now was facing the wrong direction. This was going to be its last opening. Robert brought down both of his blades upon its head and a large blast of energy gave out. The sound cracked for over a minute and its echo could surely be heard from a mile away.
Intense pain raced into Robert. A throbbing headache that drove all reason from him. Images filled his head at first he couldn't make it out it had all came so fast until he saw a little girl. It became certain he was seeing the hollows memory. There was this hunger driving him nuts, crazy even. Every time the hollow came across a soul both he and the hollow were glad. After eating the soul both the hollow and him regretted it. New empathy for his enemy flowed through him and soon the mist he made earlier crept up. Robert wanted to yell for him to run but he knew its fate was sealed.
The darkness came upon Robert and he did not awake for several days. When he did he was back in the seireitei. His comrades rested next to him and he took that as a sign that he won. Still he could not hear Redwood. He called out to it first in his head and then in out loud. Robert tried to lift himself but before he could get up the nursed were in telling him to rest. "Your Zanpuckto is fine but it will take time to heal." She said with a smile on her face. Robert didn't know what was going on but he hadn't the energy to fight. So he trusted her words and went back off to sleep.
Last edited by TheMaynard on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:18 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : I was told I don't have any skills/ and editing some rough edges)
The Living Microwave
Joined : 2012-07-19
¥ Yen : 131058819
Posts : 925
Karma : 10
Age : 23
Location : New Jersey
|Subject Post 2Subject: Re: Robert Godwin [Approved 4-5] Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:09 pm|| |
- Name [X]
- Appropriate Age [X]
- Gender [X]
- Appearance Present [X]
- Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
- Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
- 10 sentences for personality [X]
- History is of appropriate length [X]
- Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
- Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
- Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
- Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]
- RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
- RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]
- Willpower/Determination: Beginner
- Mental Deduction: Beginner
- Pain Endurance: Beginner
- Focus: Beginner
slash out your shikai until you unlock it at tier 3-2 or higher.
The KFC of PH
Joined : 2013-11-18
¥ Yen : 215388959
Posts : 1344
Karma : 18
|Subject Post 3Subject: Re: Robert Godwin [Approved 4-5] Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:06 am|| |
This character is being placed into the archives due to failure to post in the activity check. If you wish to revive this character just post here.