Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression Empty Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression

Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:57 am

«TALKING ABOUT ROLE PLAY THREADS»

In the past, I noticed people usually shot for a certain number of post/pages until they felt the thread was completed and fulfilled. I've always sort of scratched my head at that. Do you know why? Even if the entire thread is only six post, three from each poster, if it has a beginning, middle and end: what's the problem? As long as the setting is covered, a problem is resolved, new information is processed or the intent or purpose of the thread is completed in that time: what's wrong with that?

I personally try to have a lot of my threads around one or two pages if I'm doing on on one role plays because I tend to compact a good deal of material into my post. A few post from me can end up being a short story, application or mini-novel (See: Madness City) if you end up peaking my interest enough, and provided the energy and muse within is willing to work with me.

So I don't look at numbers in a threads VS the actual content that had been produced during however long or short a time span the thread had. And it certainly gets easier for me to ignore numbers once more than one person or character ends up joining a thread of mine.

I also believe I enjoy 1-3 page threads as I don't want to stay on the same topic for too long unless: 1. I'm in a thread with multiple people. 2. It must be one hell of a fight taking place. There are obviously exceptions if I'm extremely interested in prolonging the thread, but often I feel 1-3 pages is ideal for myself.

Now, with that said, what's your take on an ideal length for an RP thread to progress? Leave some content below, yo.

Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression WVMWLOu
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression Empty Re: Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:59 pm

«LOCKING OUT THIS OLD THREAD NOW»

Alright, since we going back and locking out old threads from 2014 and backwards, I'm going to go ahead and lock this and toss it in old general threads.

Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression WVMWLOu
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum