Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active]
Welcome to Bleach Platinum Hearts RP! This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2416, over 400 years away from the Original Bleach's timeline. It has elements of both canon and custom for a unique mixture of role playing never seen before on Bleach. To get started, please sign up and read our starter guide:

http://www.platinumhearts.net/t13634-bleach-platinum-hearts-starter-s-guide

And again, welcome to our Bleach RP.

Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active]

This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2417, over 400 years after the original Bleach Storyline. Join our Bleach RP today

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
'Yo, Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find an assortment of Site News. Happy Roleplaying! --- Veteran Member Of The Year: Owl (Cooking Spray) --- Newbie Member Of The Year: Rawk --- Staff Of The Year: Henrex --- Character Of The Year: Tsubaki Koezuka --- Fight Thread Of The Year: Peek-A-BOOM! [OPERATION NIGHTMARE] --- Social Thread Of The Year: Hum a Few Bars and I'll Fake It --- Story Arc Of The Year: Yaksha's Future for the Hollows ---
STAFF
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Rules

Quick-Links

Help Center

Organizations

Race Specs

Top posters
[THEFROST]

JJ

Hydræ

Chao

Pockeh

Tsubine

Forsaken Crow

Kade

Henrex

Sᵃ ᶥ ᶦ ˣ ♚

Statistics
We have 2594 registered users
The newest registered user is Reyla

Our users have posted a total of 123398 messages in 18813 subjects
Share | 

Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
[THEFROST]
Head Admin
Head Admin

OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
99999/99999  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 1PostSubject: Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression   Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:57 am

«TALKING ABOUT ROLE PLAY THREADS»

In the past, I noticed people usually shot for a certain number of post/pages until they felt the thread was completed and fulfilled. I've always sort of scratched my head at that. Do you know why? Even if the entire thread is only six post, three from each poster, if it has a beginning, middle and end: what's the problem? As long as the setting is covered, a problem is resolved, new information is processed or the intent or purpose of the thread is completed in that time: what's wrong with that?

I personally try to have a lot of my threads around one or two pages if I'm doing on on one role plays because I tend to compact a good deal of material into my post. A few post from me can end up being a short story, application or mini-novel (See: Madness City) if you end up peaking my interest enough, and provided the energy and muse within is willing to work with me.

So I don't look at numbers in a threads VS the actual content that had been produced during however long or short a time span the thread had. And it certainly gets easier for me to ignore numbers once more than one person or character ends up joining a thread of mine.

I also believe I enjoy 1-3 page threads as I don't want to stay on the same topic for too long unless: 1. I'm in a thread with multiple people. 2. It must be one hell of a fight taking place. There are obviously exceptions if I'm extremely interested in prolonging the thread, but often I feel 1-3 pages is ideal for myself.

Now, with that said, what's your take on an ideal length for an RP thread to progress? Leave some content below, yo.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.platinumhearts.net
[THEFROST]
Head Admin
Head Admin

OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
99999/99999  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 2PostSubject: Re: Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression   Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:59 pm

«LOCKING OUT THIS OLD THREAD NOW»

Alright, since we going back and locking out old threads from 2014 and backwards, I'm going to go ahead and lock this and toss it in old general threads.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.platinumhearts.net

Your Ideal Length For Threads? Let's Talk About Progression
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1