Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active Since June 3rd, 2010]
Welcome to Bleach Platinum Hearts RP! This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2416, over 400 years away from the Original Bleach's timeline. It has elements of both canon and custom for a unique mixture of role playing never seen before on Bleach. To get started, please sign up and read our starter guide:

http://www.platinumhearts.net/t13634-bleach-platinum-hearts-starter-s-guide

And again, welcome to our Bleach RP.

Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active Since June 3rd, 2010]

This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2417, over 400 years after the original Bleach Storyline. Join our Bleach RP today

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
'Yo, Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find an assortment of Site News. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member Of The Year: Henrex --- Character Of The Year: Arianda Vael & Mana Asthavon & Niflheim P.--- Fight Thread Of The Year: Sector J [OPERATION MOON MASSACRE] & Divine Punishment [OPERATION MOON MASSACRE] --- Most Inventive Character Of The Year: Liu Xinshen & Kamui Cruor --- Most Helpful Character Of The Year: Cirno Iramasha & Azure Iramasha --- Most Proactive Member Of The Year: Morph --- Most Influential Character Of The Year: Mana Asthavon --- Most Creative Power Of The Year: Liu Xinshen [App Powers] --- Most Improved Character Of The Year: Ibiki Suika/Kenpachi & Desmond Hayden & Henrex Astillon --- Most Pivotal Thread Of The Year: Divine Punishment [OPERATION MOON MASSACRE] & Formation Of The Iron Banner & An End To The Madness
STAFF
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Rules

Help Center

Quick-Links

Race Specs

Templates

Organizations

Latest topics
» Reiatsu Control 101: [Ritsuko/Antonovich]
Today at 9:30 am by MWD

» An Abomination Becomes A Child [Andi/Arianda] [PRIVATE/Ask to join]
Today at 7:13 am by Angry Charmander

» Wandering the Wastes [Serenity]
Yesterday at 4:05 pm by Mirja Eeola

» You've never heard of a demon before? [Private]
Yesterday at 1:50 pm by MWD

» Four Years of Searching, Here you are.
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:31 pm by Gamma

» What is this Ninjutsu?
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:24 pm by MWD

» I Am The Lizard King![Yaksha/Kyoraku]
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:09 pm by Yaksha

» Divaas Alamgir
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:18 pm by Henrex

» Preservation of the Old Ways: Warriors of the Shadows [Training Mission]
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:06 pm by Henrex

» Serenity's Face Claims
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:59 pm by Henrex

Top posters
[THEFROST]

JJ

Hydræ

Chao

Pockeh

Tsubine

Forsaken Crow

Kade

Sᵃ ᶥ ᶦ ˣ ♚

Blade

Statistics
We have 2501 registered users
The newest registered user is Mythos

Our users have posted a total of 117472 messages in 17880 subjects
Top posting users this week
Henrex

Yaksha

Mirja Eeola

MWD

SerenityVerdant

Tsubine

fantomdarc

Gamma

Hakase

tina

Discord App
Share | 

The Guide To Playing Powerless

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unholy Cameraman

¥ Yen : 178153246

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
5/100  (5/100)
Tiers:

Subject Post 1PostSubject: The Guide To Playing Powerless   Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Guide to Playing Powerless Characters in Bleach: Platinum Hearts RP Forum.
By UHCM

It is very common that the role-players would start out big because they want attention and to survive. It is also a common thing to have a gut feeling that one would be required to have a survivable character (by the means of having powers) available. It is best to forget having powers at all because often times, the ones who are going to try and kill you are either jerks with ego-issues or one was just there in the wrong time and place. Read the words of helpful Questions and Answers and you can get to know the issues and how to solve it.

Q1: There is a player who is going to kill my character without saying why! Why?!
A: Your character is either in the wrong place and the wrong time, or the player is just being a jerk and wants to take it out on your character. There are jerks like that and the best way to handle it is to not agree with that player at all. As along you did not give your consent, the jerk cannot kill your character without being flagged for violating the rules of engagement.

Q2: There is a guy who said that I should have a power at least to defend myself. Should I have a power?
A: It is tempting to have a power, but when you planned on a regular being like Humans, the guy has no right to give requirements about what your character should have. Would you allow a guy to change your lawful princess/prince into a dumb-blond and desirable death bait? You will not allow that. If the guy was harassing or pressing onto you, report it to the moderator for Harassment.

Q3: There are a lot of nice people and I originally thought of a powerless character, but when I look at their profiles, they look so much cooler because they have powers. Should I get a power to be as epic as they are?
A: The literary term, “Epic” refers to “The Journey.” In reference to a character, it really meant that your character has a history and story depth. However, it is commonly referred as “awesome” because the slang, “radical” was out-of-date since years ago. Be literal and be your own master/mistress! You can choose to be the one without powers and still be as awesome as the top dog. Why? If your character survived long enough, your character can be recognizable for being a weak, but strong-standing character with enough spunk to impress a demi-god.

Q4: I want to be in major events, yet my character is said not to last long. Are they right?
A: FALSE! Any powerless character can be in any major event as they pleased, but it is a different mathematical equations applied because your character cannot survive a straight fight against a demi-god, but what would stop your character from using guerilla warfare or support allies? When you do not have any powers, you can use what they don’t generally look for, the environment and equipments that are discarded because they are generally weaker than the powers. Equipments can be weak compared to powers, but they can still be useful if you know how to utilize them in a special manner.

Q5: My powerless character just became the damsel in distress because of a jerk kidnapped her and planned to use her for his diabolical schemes. What should I do?
A: Even though it may appear that your character is trapped, your character can still be played. Just keep playing as the damsel because eventually another player can come to the rescue because things will get very boring if it continued and everyone wants to have fun, so the rescuer can understand when you ask. If you’re imprisoned, try to find a way out. If there is no way out, be out of character and ask a player to rescue your character and work with your rescuer up to the medium that your rescuer’s character can learn of your character’s kidnapping. Later on, your rescuer (with the help of a moderator or friends) will come to the rescue, free your character and all heaven broke loose in Hallelujah! Ahem...yeah. The feeling is kinda like that.

Basically, your character without powers can be hard to start out with, but later on turns out to be very rewarding when dealing with power-hungry people who say nay when they are the only ones in a room full of the majority of your friends.

"Philosophy is only spoken between like-minded or only when asked. Otherwise it is trivialized by those who can readily see it from status writers who thought they sound intellectual by quoting intellectual people or from their own vanity. We're men and women, not fortune cookies. I am a lawful hypocrite under this principle."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
[THEFROST]
Head Admin
Head Admin

OTY

¥ Yen : 2148302947

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
999999/999999  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 2PostSubject: Re: The Guide To Playing Powerless   Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Fucking sticky'd mate. Nice guide here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.platinumhearts.net
Hayuko
Bearer Of Hell

¥ Yen : 334665762

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
15/100  (15/100)
Tiers:

Subject Post 3PostSubject: Re: The Guide To Playing Powerless   Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:10 pm

This has inspired me to create Bob ;D (I was gonna make him anyways) But now im inspired XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Majestic Moose
Head of Internal Affairs
Head of Internal Affairs

¥ Yen : 145983672

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
0/0  (0/0)
Tiers:

Subject Post 4PostSubject: Re: The Guide To Playing Powerless   Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:18 pm

I approve of this 100%! The reason I do is because Power here overall is nothing. The thing that gives real power and ability is strategy. There is time allowed between posts that allow the RPer to think. You need to stop and think for a minute and look outside the box for what is possible within your reigns. There are endless capabilities for what even the weakest character can do, and I would know because I control him! Leo is a 96-Q, the most HUMANLY WEAKEST CHARACTER OUT THERE! The reason why he's no longer there is because he survived. He just dodged and got the fuck out when he needed, but made sure he was around long enough. Ceon when started was a 2-3. He worked his way up through time and managed to become a 0-2 now! His history is RIDICULOUSLY LONG, but legit! RPing and experience is what paves the way into stardom! Take it from an Adviser, and former site leader. When you play smart, you open the way into endless possibilities. Don't think the obvious, think whats possible!

Also, may I ask that if ANYONE has a problem, don't ask a moderator, but bring it to the attention of an Adviser. Our job is the Members. We handle the problems of the Members, Staff, and lead with the admins. Come to us for assistance, and we'll help you without hesitation!

Neviah Clixx-Kimura
Link to Moose's Characters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenshin
God of Wind

¥ Yen : 145250288

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
5/0  (5/0)
Tiers:

Subject Post 5PostSubject: Re: The Guide To Playing Powerless   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:45 am

This is a Guide.. For Life too XD

Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Guide To Playing Powerless
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1