Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Left_bar_bleue227620/999999Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Empty_bar_bleue  (227620/999999)
Tiers:

Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Empty Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin]

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:01 am

Much, very much, had happened over the course of not but a few years. Giriko had been assigned to chase down Mikomi, a venture that had yielded zero results. It was the second time that he was going to be venerated for a failed mission as well. He spent two years searching for her, scouring the realm of Earth and sometimes beyond and inadvertently slaughtering countless creatures in his wake for any information regarding her whereabouts. When he returned to Soul Society, he returned completely empty handed. With nothing but stories of his body count to accompany him back home to Seireitei. Not his stories, mind you, his mind had pretty much always been fixated on finding Mikomi, those things just got in his way, but he had managed to accrue quite the reputation with the Gotei, with the second division in particular. When he returned to Soul Society, it was going through another phase of substantial overturn, once again indicating that they just outright did not have their shit together. That did however leave Giriko in a somewhat peculiar position. He, personally, did not believe himself to be Captain material, in terms of power or personality, but he was the only person who fit all the qualifications to take the captaincy of the second division currently in Seireitei. Tsubasa and moved on, Soi Fon was retired, the cat lady was...places, he didn’t have any idea. Out of the current remaining Shinigami, Giriko was the only stealth oriented Shinigami who had achieved Bankai. He wasn’t exactly thrilled about being in the company of Shinigami whose experience and abilities far outstripped his, but he didn’t have much of a choice. Perhaps what bugged him the most about it, was that he was getting this job on the conclusion of his second horribly failed mission. His first foray in to the human world got his entire team killed, and he was rewarded with the third seat under Tsukiryuu and Damien, and now, after completely failing his mission to find Mikomi, he was awarded with the Captaincy. It was rather stressful.

The stress was not visible on his face, however. Giriko’s vacant, almost dazed expression drew many concerned looks as he strolled through the headquarters of the second division. It had been a long time since the previous Lieutenant, Omaeda, had fully renovated the second division headquarters, but they did still exceed the other divisions in terms of luxury and frivolous pointlessness. He had almost forgotten what it was like in here. He tried to pay the various people matching his vacant expression no mind, he wasn’t bad at reading and understanding people and he fully understood how it must look to them. They knew that they were to meet their new captain today, so they were on the look out for the Haori, but it was rather unlikely for them to expect a child wearing their pesque flower Haori and looking perpetually lost. It was almost surprising to Giriko though, that people of the second division were so quick to underestimate a new target. There was a lot of psychology that went into effective applications of stealth, and looking lost and confused was actually an amazing way to avoid a potentially lethal situation if caught. Taking his vacant expression at face value and as a sign of weakness and confusion was not a good omen, he’d have to have them work on that. Giriko finally reached the Captain’s Office...his office, as a heavy sigh escaped him. He was not looking forward to the inspection and his life as a Captain, with responsibility for people. He’d already lost the person he was responsible for, giving him a legion of them sounded like a horrible idea. With that, he steadily pushed open the door to his new life.

Template By: [THEFROST]
Shinryu
Shinryu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Left_bar_bleue30000/99999Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Empty_bar_bleue  (30000/99999)
Tiers:

Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Empty Re: Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin]

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:37 am
Supposedly today was an interesting day, albeit it seemed far from it as he sat in his desk, doing paperwork in regards to organizing the patrols and making sure the detention unit was under control. It was a good thing the Executive Militia didn't need to act anywhere or he'd be thoroughly irritated. When there were virtually no seated officers in the 2nd Division, it was up to Shinryu to get them all done himself. Monitor the Detention Unit, Patrol Unit, keep the Executive Militia drilled and informed. Shinryu however heard they finally found a Captain for the 2nd Division. It was a bit of a relief, considering the work was beginning to pile up on him. It would take off a bit of the payload for sure. It was then he noticed the door open and a child of sorts walked in.

Ohhh he's so cute Shinryu-kun! Can we keep him?

Shinryu paused as he observed something in particular. His body movements said one thing and his body language said another. His body language seemed to be confused and in a daydream like state and at first glance, Shinryu made note of that. But his movements and his even spiritual pressure hinted at something else. Normally individuals that were more immature had it bouncing around, no real control. But even though at first appearances his spiritual pressure was low, it wasn't flaring up and down or bouncing around. His movements also, were very controlled and fluid. He was definitely stronger than he appeared and trained in using Hakuda. Shinryu also knew most of the individuals within the 2nd Division of current. They all had their own special nicknames after all. Shinryu knew that someone just aimlessly entering was either a messenger or the Captain himself. And since a messenger wouldn't be lost, Shinryu safely concluded who this was. He then found the stack of folders for everything involving the Executive Militia and stood up and went towards the Captain's desk and turned towards the door as he spurned a nickname.

"Ohaiyo, Chibi-taichou. This stack has your name right on it, you better get to work."

Shinryu said bluntly. If it was indeed a Captain of any kind, he would not appreciate being addressed so tongue in cheek. If it wasn't, they'd decline to be the Captain at the use of the Taichou honoritive. Shinryu already had an idea that this was indeed his new Captain regardless, he figured he'd have some fun. It was a nice interlude to the day after all, he could use a break from the paperwork and intel recon activities anyway, this would potentially be fun.

Oi? He doesn't look like no Captain to me. He looks like a quite little plushy that I just want to hug and squeeze!

I don't think your his type. Though I don't know him personally yet, I feel as if he'd prefer someone who wasn't such a.....what do the humans call it....cougar?

BAKA! I'm not that old!

Shinryu paused for a moment and then proceeded to walk back to his desk, albeit he made sure to walk with an eye in the general direction of the Captain. You never knew how someone could respond until they chose the response. Educated guesses aside, you can't make educated guesses of great accuracy on someone upon first meeting.
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Left_bar_bleue227620/999999Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Empty_bar_bleue  (227620/999999)
Tiers:

Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Empty Re: Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin]

Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:24 am

Giriko’s head gently tilted to the side, his eyes absently following the man’s arms as he picked up the stack of folders and documents, an auspiciously large stack considering the Executive Militia had done all of nothing in recent memory, and then his legs as he aggressively made his way over to what one could presume to be the Captain’s desk. It was in that initial exchange that the man had completely ruined any chance of ingratiating himself to Giriko. It was not necessarily that he referred to him as a child, that aspect did not bother Giriko much at all. He was, in many ways, most certainly still a child, there was one child-like attribute that Giriko was not at all amused to be named by. Giriko’s height was a touchy subject with him, and referring to him as a chibi was indeed pointing out that deficiency that Giriko was not remotely happy to hear about. It was momentary, extremely easy to miss, and even if Shinryu was paying especially close attention to his Captain’s facial expression, he might even write it off as his imagination, but as the word “chibi” left Shinryu’s lips, a flash of pants-wettingly intense fury spread across Giriko’s face. The boy reached into the captain’s Haori he had been given and pulled out a small slip of paper. It had been given to him, to help him learn the names of the relevant people in the Second Division as his eyes scrolled down to his lieutenant.

“Kimoi...Shinryu…”

Giriko’s eyes did not leave the piece of paper as the man retreated back to his desk, and even then remained on the paper, as if he was in a daze...or on some sort of human narcotic. It was a full minute before any movement was made by Giriko. The boy tugged at his annoying uncomfortable haori, pulled it down over his arm and releasing it from his shoulders, bringing it around and down his opposite arm. As the bulk of it covered the boy’s hand however, something rather unusual happened. Giriko’s finger would flex under the obstructed view of the haori before flicking itself forward toward Shinryu. From that finger would spring a concussive force, a wave of air pressure that would violently explode toward the Vice Captain and propelling the haori toward his face. Provided he didn’t move, the force would cause no serious damage, but would blow the haori on to his face and knock him and his chair over, as well as relieving the top of his desk of its contents. The expression on Giriko’s face did not change once through the exchange however as the boy made his way to his desk, picking up the Executive Militia stack and dropping it on the floor before the boy slowly crawled on top of the now vacant desk in the supine position, apparently rather intent on not doing things today.

“Sorry Kimmy-chan, the folder didn’t say “Chibi-taichou” on it. I guess you’ll have to take care of it, you have the haori! I believe in you! Also, please put in a requisition for a cot or a hammock or an air mattress or something. I feel if I’m going to have to listen to your voice every day, nap times are going to be of paramount importance.”

Shinryu
Shinryu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Left_bar_bleue30000/99999Opening the Door to a New Life[Shin] Empty_bar_bleue  (30000/99999)
Tiers:

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:19 am
Shinryu carefully observed every movement made by his new Captain and though he thought he saw something he could only assume was agitation, the Captain was hiding it well. How fascinating that was to him indeed. It was when the haiori came at him that Shinryu, instead of catching it or dodging it, decided to actually show off a little bit. As he raised his hand to block the cloth, it hit his hand. And a surge of Kido went through it before a blue spark scattered, forming an inverted pyramid. Without using an incantation or even stating the bakudo's name, he locked the Haiori in midair inside a mini blue pyramid. He asked him to do the paperwork as Shinryu observed the new Captain in question before standing up in his desk. He looked over the remaining folders that flew on the ground and noted that most of them just needed to be delivered to the Central 46 by one of their official messengers that came by at the end of the day. He grabbed the scattered folders and moved over to the small basket labeled "to be picked up" and dropped them inside one by one. In a fairly slow and calculating manner, and also intentionally slow in order to irk his new Captain who was waiting for him to start on his new 'stack' so to speak.

"Oi Chibi-Taichou, I'm going outside to get in some training. Sitting down all day has really cramped up my back a bit, I could use giving it a good stretch."

Shinryu said as he twisted his body from the left to the right, trying to get some kinks out of his back for sitting so long. Sitting for so long should be a crime with the type of results it garnered on him, he felt so lazy trying to stretch out the results of being immobile for so long before he cracked his neck to each side. He then reached into his inner pocket of his attire and revealed some Pocky and proceeded to munch on it. In a moment of delight, Shinryu sighed as he enjoyed the delicious flavor. It was in that moment he remembered something however.

"I almost forgot."

Shinryu said as he then walked towards the Captain's desk. He walked over towards the stack of papers that were "left" for him to accomplish. He then proceeded to pick up the stack and then, walking to the side, placed it directly next to the Captain's desk on the other side, out of the walkway of others.

"Wouldn't want any small children to trip on that now, would we? Well, I think that's everything. If you need anything I'll be in the training courtyard, Chibi-Taichou."

Shinryu said with a light smile towards his new Captain. If his intent wasn't so laced with deviousness, you could honestly swear he was being sincere. Truth be told, he simply picked up the stack just to get his Captain's hopes up, only to detriment them a moment later. He ran his hand through his hair as he envisioned the scent of the outside, the stuffy office making him forget for a moment what fresh air smelt and felt like. He then proceeded towards the door and opened it, preparing to leave the office.
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:29 am

There were many promising qualities to be found in his lieutenant. He was quick, studious, witty, and used to reacting to diverted attacks, all of which were rather useful qualities in a member of the second division. It meant that Giriko was thankfully not going to have to actually train this one all that much, he never was much of a teacher and it meant he could successfully pass off more and more duties off on to his intrepid sidekick, the perks were endless. Giriko did not move from his nappy spot on top of the desk, not giving any indication he even saw that Shinryu halted his attack and kept his haori suspended, as Shinryu mosied around the office. By all accounts, it seemed like Giriko barely even acknowledged that anything was happening inside the room...and to be fair, he couldn’t actually see anything happening, his eyes were rather shut. Didn’t stop him from feeling everything though.

“Shinryu.”

The word came from Giriko’s lips before the man had a chance to make his way outside and it carried a far different tone than his words earlier. It was even somewhat strange, it wasn’t his normal spacey tone, or even the anger that one would expect from his target button being pressed. Instead it was almost consoling, like he was trying to talk a crazy person off the ledge of the roof. Giriko gently swung his legs over the side of the desk, letting them dangle as he righted himself in to a sitting position, his eyes still lazily closed, but pointed toward Shinryu all the same.

“You can mask the Second Division and the Onmitsukidō with whatever flowery adjectives and titles you want, Special Ops, Executive Militia, “Stealth Squad” is a personal favorite of mine, but what we are, truly, are assassins. The veiled insults will not get you what you want. Attempting to anger me won’t provoke a fight, I’m not going to attack you here, but if you do anger me, you’ll know that you’ll need to spend every night for the rest of your life sleeping with one eye open. Your passive aggression will be met with passive aggression, II will not engage you in a fair fight, I will not show you mercy, I will rip your goddamn throat out the second you’re remotely vulnerable if you so much as ever even THINK that I am short again. Learn to pick your battles in a more intelligent manner or you will not survive here. If you need anything repeated let me know, if not, be a dear and get to work on that cot requisition, then you can go play in the courtyard.”

Shinryu
Shinryu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:13 am
"Oi Taichou, you misunderstand my intent. Twice actually. And here I was hoping you'd see through the subtleties. While I rarely explain myself, as my Commander understanding my intents and tactics is necessary at a swifter pace than your natural learning curve."

Shinryu stated in a rather matter-of-fact fashion as he simply leaned against the door and turned slightly towards Giriko before opening his eyes slightly and giving a serious look towards Giriko. Not a dangerous look but one that revealed what was underneath the carefree nature of Shinryu as he merely shook his head.

"Your nickname I offered you wasn't directed towards you to insult you. It was directed at you because I knew it would generate a reaction, much like how your arrival generated a reaction of lowering everyone else's guard I would imagine. I could tell by the lack of clamoring that no-one was aware you are our Captain after all. Point being is this simply: Every little piece of information I gather is invaluable. Personality traits, combat abilities, secrets. All of these are the strongest weapons an assassin can possess. And to be perfectly honest, I give everyone a nickname like this in order to gauge their reaction thresholds. And to be perfectly honest I haven't even gotten you yours yet."

Shinryu said as he scratched his head for a moment and lightly smiled as he thought about the names original owner. A small chuckle escape his lips as he stood off the wall, standing up fully and displaying his lankiness in all it's grandeur.

"It's actually Soi Fon-sama's. I don't know what it is about our 2nd Division but they always seem to pair us by height. Whether Omaeda and Soi Fon or us, I'm sure Sleepy-Taichou is chuckling to himself in silent victory at the odd balance he's establishing at the expense of our posturing. No matter, I always spend my time observing and gathering information in order to have a complete assessment of any situation I'm in. Many here within the Onmitsukido have grown belligerent to my open challenges and missions I offer. They don't respect me because they think I'm weak and idiotic. They live under the assumption that my current Reiatsu is my total, a good amount of them are probably waiting for a moment to challenge me for my seat. I could display my abilities but as far as I'm concerned: Knowledge is earned. If they are too lazy to earn it, they deserve to suffer the consequences obliviousness brings."

Shinryu stated rather passionately. Shinryu didn't have many passions, and he often faked having countless amounts of them in order to acquire intel. To acquire valuable information and connections in order to further strengthen his understanding of everything. Knowledge was power and though he was rare to share it, the Captain he felt was an exception given the obvious indications.

"As far as my....."threat"....is concerned. It's not a threat towards you but to the lazy members of our Division. I was waiting for your arrival so we can punish the idiots for their own obliviousness. What better way to welcome the Captain of the Onmitsukido into the ranks than by having myself and him spar with entire Onmitsukido and give them a rude awakening regarding judging a situation by it's appearance alone. It's less of a threat and more of an.....invitation."

Shinryu said with a wicked grin on his face. He honestly didn't think they deserved to learn the full power of their top officers but Shinryu knew that it was less than likely the two would break a sweat against his fellow compatriots. This was one of the fun parts of gathering intel and holding onto secrets after all, when they were put to use they would bring those around them to shock. Shinryu chuckled more as the idea blossomed in his brain. He grinned wickedly at the thought of it.
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Giriko hopped off the desk, quickly brushing his quadriceps off as the man finished giving his explanation... his lengthy explanation. He usually found that the people who typically needed grandiose explanations for their actions were the ones who were trying to cover up their tracks from a rather unsuccessful ploy, which ultimately fit Giriko's point. Collecting information and observational skills were paramount to the kind of operative their division specialized in, there was a very large difference between active observation and passive observation and the former should never be taken without extensive use of the latter. You cannot always learn everything from passive observation, but continuing to press something that you know could, and very well probably will, impact the observer negatively was a good way to get yourself killed. It was a lesson he was going to have to learn, or at the very least begin applying. There were buttons that simply should not be pressed and Shinryu seemed rather intent on pushing all of them. Giriko's eyes opened in a half-lidded fashion as he moved toward the door, stopping a few feet in front of the man with a familiar vacant expression on his face.

"Weapons are only useful if you survive long enough to use them, Kimmy-chan. Pressing for something at the wrong angle could very well end you, regardless of how strong you are."

Giriko then blew past him, almost in a jovial skip out toward the courtyard. The moniker of "Chibi-taichou" was unfortunately incredibly accurate in many, many ways. Giriko was still very much a child. He was brash, crude, disinterested, and quick to anger at the slightest provocation, it was a distinct weakness that he was always going to carry. It was undoubtedly a weapon Shinryu could use, but it was also undoubtedly a weapon he was going to have to use carefully. Anger in Giriko's case could very quickly turn to violence and it certainly wouldn't be the first time he'd killed a shinigami. He wasn't going to directly state it as he wandered out of the office, incidentally leaving his haori behind, at this point either still suspended or collapsed on Shinryu's desk, but he had effectively acquiesced to the man's request. Though the way he worded it was somewhat confusing. He was not sure if he suggested that the pair of them simultaneously spar with the whole unit, which sounded somewhat boring and much less of a "spar" and far more like child abuse, or if he wanted the two of them to spar for the rest of the Onmitsukido to watch...which sounded less boring but still could be construed as child abuse. Giriko paused just behind the man, a slightly contemplative look on his face as if he were unsure whether or not he should share.

"Perhaps this is another weapon for you to use, but I am far and away the weakest captain we currently have on staff. I was made a Captain out of necessity. I'm familiar with your plight in lacking respect. I sincerely doubt any of these chicken-shits are going to challenge you for anything though, that'd require them to have a spine. Which is something you can tell is lacking from how easily I managed to walk in here with a dazed look on my face. The jury is still out on your weak and idiotic status however, it'll be notably influenced by how quickly I get that hammock."

With that, Giriko finished his little jaunt out to the courtyard, lazily sauntering out to the dead center of the expansive square of soft grass and dirt. It actually wasn't a bad place for a nap. It didn't replace the hammock he noticed Shinryu STILL had not put in the requisition for, but it'd be a nice back up if something were to happen to the aforementioned unrequisitioned hammock. He'd give Shinryu whatever he wanted for Giriko's inauguration, maybe it even wasn't going to be boring. There were merits to it as well. Shinigami were not that dissimilar from animals it seemed, a lot of times you were required to "prove" that you were the alpha male in the room. Smacking the children around might actually be required. However, after this, Shinryu had a job to do and Giriko needed a cot to sleep on while Kimmy-chan did all of his work. The longer he went cotless, the angrier he was going to get...and Lou wished he had that much rage induced strength.

Shinryu
Shinryu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:17 pm
Shinryu paused for a moment as he listened to his Captain speak, before shaking his head slightly at the thought of any of the current Onmitsukido doing anything of value, and a smirk came across his lips.

"Oi, and with Sleepy-soutaichou still recovering, there are no immediate consequences for their lax actions. Disappointing really if you ask me. But I've been around for about seven hundred years, I think I know a thing or two about living long enough to utilize the weapons I gather. As far as your cot is concerned..."

Shinryu said with a pause as within a moments notice, he vanished within a Shunpo, Returning to his sleeping quarters. Within his quarters he always carried three things in bulk. An endless supply of snacks should he need them, an endless supply of "extra" Gigais that he 'borrowed' from the 12 Division's stores for perusing in the Human World, and an endless supply of various sleeping items for long missions. He went into his closet and would then pull out a large hammock. Wrapped up it would appear to be normal however when opened it, it would reveal a giant Hello Kitty emblem, something he noted was very popular in the Human World for some reason. A moment afterwards, he reappeared where he previously stood as he tossed the cot to the ground.

"Well, you are the Captain here now. What method do you think best of teaching these sad souls a lesson in respect would be?"

Shinryu asked with his head tilted slightly to the side. He secretly was waiting for the cot to be opened so he could relish his final character victory over his Captain as he acquired the children's logo hammock for him. He couldn't complain because he was the one who indeed rushed for such hammock post-haste. Regardless, he was curious as to how they would drill their Division back into Operating standards.
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Giriko slowly turned around toward the open door as he felt the man leave, was he actually going to get the hammock? Giriko didn't pay much attention beyond that point. He hadn't been alive for half the time Shinryu claimed to be in the division, which was another reminder of the fact that Giriko was, for all intents and purposes, still very much a child. It seemed like it was fast becoming a recurring trend. With a slight plop, the boy relieved his feet of his own weight and crashed down in to the courtyard, his legs sprawling out to the sides as he eagerly watched the spot where Shinryu had just stood with a sense of childlike wonderment. All around him people made their way out of the woodwork, members of the second division and the Onmitsukido made their way out toward the courtyard to look at the strange child staring at the door to the captain's office. The boy began mindlessly picking at the grass in front of him mid absent minded staring that attracted even more people to the courtyard. By the time Shinryu had made his way back with the hammock, almost all of the second division had managed to cram itself in along the outskirts of the courtyard. As he landed back in to the area, Giriko would lean his weight forward, catching himself with his palms to the ground and rolling himself forward, swinging his legs in to the air in to a forward handspring, displaying a grace one most likely wouldn't expect from the normally vapid looking boy.

"Well...I suppose we're still waiting for you to prove you're not incompetent..."

Giriko finger raised to his lip as his eyes raised in thought, appearing to think rather intently on the man's question. What would be the best method to teach the sad souls in the area a lesson in respect. The answer that came was rather obvious once it did, in fact, come. There were two outcomes to be found here, he'd either solidify the need for the underlings to respect their vice captain, which would be a good step forward on whipping them in to shape, Shinryu seemed like the incessantly annoying type. The other alternative was solidifying that Shinryu himself was just as miserable a soul, and then hopefully they'd start doing things simply out of fear. Either way, Giriko got what he wanted without actually having to do any work. It was really a win-win situation in the end. After he spoke, a gentle breeze would dance across the courtyard, seemingly coming from the boy as the small blades of grass he had picked and discarded earlier were swept up in to the air, angled to breeze past Shinryu's face as Giriko's spiritual pressure steadily rose, the grass around his feet bowing away from him as the cheerful, thoughtful expression never left his face. This would be a useful exercise, rest of the division notwithstanding. He needed to know what his vice captain was capable of after all.

Shinryu
Shinryu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:36 am
It was certainly an interesting invitation for sure. He also had no idea on the capabilities of his Captain and aimless assaults wouldn't do anything. There was normally a method for scouting the capacities of an opponent but Shinryu wasn't in the mood to purely scout. Not only that but, Shinryu wanted to see if he could force a Bankai out of his Captain. By noting things about it he could eventually learn his own. So his goals were simple. Don't die and force out a Bankai. Other information learnt would be greatly appreciated. Shinryu would note on the assumption that the Captain would be stronger and swifter than him, so brute forcing it out wouldn't be a true option. He knew however that when it came to close combat, he was most effective if he rendered his to movement limitations so, he would start there.

"Oi Taichou, is that what you really want?"

Shinryu knew two things. One was that his techniques were extremely difficult to block without consequence. And two that fighting blind was also on his Captain's side, he also didn't know his abilities. Shinryu figured now would be the best time to try and get a read on the physical parameters he had to deal with. Shinryu tapped his foot to the ground and as he did, a plume of red smoke emerged for his Senkeiton. It wasn't as large as a normal one but it was enough to disguise his form his he unsheathed his blade.

"Contaminate all innocence. Shibo Aijin."

Thrusting his blade into his palm, his Shikai shortly wrapping around his arms, forearms and up to his shoulders. The red smoke momentarily masking this so he could gain an edge. Not only was Shibo Aijin's Shikai form covered in varying spikes but Shinryu contemplated what his primary attack would be. And he'd have to gauge his targets abilities and reactions at the same time as well. It was bothersome to say the least as he flash stepped from the smoke and out of it. He wouldn't reveal Shibo Aijin's abilities quite yet as he appeared behind his Captain, swinging his right arm low to high in a diagonal claw swipe of great arch. The wide attack was intentionally trying to make a minor landing on his target. And also, leaving his guard oped was also intentional.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum