Joined : 2010-06-03
¥ Yen : 2148284347
Posts : 15942
Karma : 192
Age : 24
Location : Purgatory
|Subject Post 1Subject: The Leader/High Ranking Character Guide! Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:27 am|| |
The Leaders/High Rank Guide
This Guide is to help players who have characters that have either advanced ranked character, or have taken on Canon-based characters that have advanced positions.
- Interact: Leaders should keep active with their members to keep up activity, make things interesting and prove to staff they are active. For site wide plots, it is the Leader Player's Responsibility to MAKE SURE they are up to date with the site's plot. This is very important as certain people who are being leader by this leader character may be left out an event due to a leader character not keeping up the plot. Should a leader player be found slipping up like this, it may result in a character being stripped of their rank as it would be the same as not showing up for your job. This is one of the Leader Postions MAIN responsibilities.
- Active: Leaders should remain active for site wide evens. This is VERY important to being a leader or even a high ranking positions. Leaders are surely needed to help move events, just for the reasons stated before. Without Leaders, how in the sam hell would the members know what to do? The Head Commander will give Captains their orders, but it is up to the Captains/Leaders of the site to inform their respective groups on what to do. This will help to keep the story going, and again, help to aid in more overall posts.
- Responsibilities: Leaders can't do everything alone. What they do is give the the responsibility onto their other members! Leaders aren't usually the first people out on a scene, it's their damned squad members. When hollows attack Karakura Central, Byakuya doesn't head down there to haul some ass and kill them, he sends Renji, like Mayuri sends Nemu to do the same. As stated above, there should be, at the very minimum, Leaders players informing the members of their group, even through xat, what actions they can take.
- Get Some Activity Going: It is a Leader's or even high ranking characters job to make damn sure there is activity going inside of a group. People join groups for a reason, and that is to post with the friggin' Squad. Of course certain characters, like Ketsu or Byakuya wouldn't openly socialize, I can see Ketsu holding a monthly training thread to get his men into shape out of his Demon Followers, and the same with Byakuya and other leaders.
Weekly Reports: There will now be a weekly report for each group on the site. What should you put in? Well, what do Captains post in their reports to the Captain Commander? It can be a serious report about their squad, group activity, and a status update to a completely in character report. This will help us to keep Leader players active and to see if they are able to handle the responsibility of a leader.
There will only be a monthly report required for now on.
- Eye On Members: Leaders are now suppose to keep an eye on their members in the Org Threads. All staff should now PM or make aware in the xat that new members are joining a Captain or leaders group. They are allowed to quote the applicant's post, then address their reply to the seat applicant. This will also help people to understand and know who is in their group.
And that's all there is to this guide. If there should be more, please feel free to suggest.