Basic Information• Name:
Amada Kamimaru• Titles:
Ama (Ah-mah)• Age:
University of Karakura Central, First-Year• Appearance Picture:
Amada is the type of person to consistently contradict himself and not give a damn about it. As opposed to sticking to one sort of saying, he constantly moves from one point to another at his own pace, doing essentially whatever he feels like doing regardless of the time, place, and any other circumstances. In a sense, he's extremely selfish, and truthfully speaking he is nothing but narccisistic. On the other hand, he's actually an honest guy. Considering he does whatever suits him without reserve there are few instances he is pitted into in which Amada hides truth. A fiercely independent character he thrives in social situations, but does not require them to be entertained. In fact, at times he prefers isolation which takes precedent over everyone else's feelings... most of the time.
It's already been said: Amada's a social creature. To that effect, he is also a caring, sympathetic person who offers solace to those who need it. A part of his selfish "Do whatever I please" attitude is pleasing others--particularly those close to him. Of course this caring characteristic of his isn't limited to those close to him, but it really just depends on what he sees and discerns. If someone was crying in front of him, normally he'd jump to the emotional rescue, ask what was wrong and try to help out. That's not always the case, of course. If the person crying was drenched in make-up ready to enter a vehicle for the afluent with alcohol in one hand and a gold-sewn handkerchief in the other? They would get no sympathy for him.
Suffice to say, Amada is a judgmental person, deciding things through what he perceives and holding that to be the inarguable truth. He is one to decide things by himself and act upon that, letting criticisms pass by without effect. As a result of this quick-to-judge thinking Amada is quick to both distance himself from someone or attach himself to them. On top of that, Amada is also prone to changing his mind about someone rather quickly, provided they presented him with reason to think differently. In a sense, he is easily manipulable when done right, but if one were to control him incorrectly that opportunity would forever be closed off to them.
Put bluntly, Amada is very human. He has human emotions, and under assorted circumstances his highly malleable moods will change accordingly. When faced with dangerous situations, Amada will exhibit fear. When something goes right? He will make his excitement very clear. When something goes wrong, Amada will be frustrated or annoyed. A slight difference is how extreme his emotions are. Amada is very
quick to be annoyed, excited, frightened--just about any state of mind is easy for him to be undergo under the right circumstances, and when he exhibits a certain emotion? He presents it clearly and disproprortionately.
_____________________________Human Traits• Human Capacities:
1. Kinesthetically Inept: Amada has approximately 0 potential in physical activities, if potential could be put in numbers. He can run, jump--in no way is he actually handicapped physically. It's just that, Amada is really unfit. He can run--for about a minute before tiring out. He can jump--like, two feet off the ground. All in all, Amada is unsuited to anything requiring physical apititude. On top of that, he needs some really good motivation to actually do anything physical on his own accord. Like a demon chasing after him or something.
2. Lack of Knowledge: To get into the famous University of Karakura Central, one has to have either a large sum of money or a very impressive resume. Arguably the best college in the world, it's expected that every single student have a praisable amount of intellect and respectable knowledge on the subject they study. In this aspect, Amada is very unique. While his intellect is unquestionably impressive, his knowledge on engineering and the sciences is very limited. In truth, Amada uses an extremely shoddy level of knowledge and fundamentally amateur understanding of engineering to successfully build his contraptions. That alone was the primary factor in his attendance at UKC.
3. Musical Talent: Amada has no formal training in any musical instruments. Instead, he plays by ear and discerns every note based on their placement on the instrument and distance from every other note. With that, so long as he understands all the placements of the notes in an instrument he can play them with ease and fluidity. If he can hear notes being played and finds those notes on an instrument, it becomes an easy task to replicate them, effectively allowing for Amada to successfully play almost any song on nearly any instrument given sufficient information and time. The only instrument exempt from his innate musical talent is singing. Amada doesn't sing. Period.• Equipment/Weapons:
As a student of UKC, particularly in the engineering sector, it's more than expected for Amada to have some sort of equipment in his dorm room or even on his person. That in mind, Amada follows this standard with a few pieces of equipment made by the one and only.
1. Insta-Tool: Comprised of hyper-dense alloys including titanium, silicon, and iron, Amada has constructed the ultimate swiss-army knife. While inactive, Insta-Tool may be worn as a pure-white metallic bracelet that conforms to the shape of the wearer. When taken off with a slight delay, the bracelet turns into a full work-bench and stool, with assorted tools ready to be used and even some unused resources for creating new objects.
2. LLS: Standing for Longitude-Latitude Switchanator, Amada has created a small watch with a button that--if pressed--will switch the mass of the wearer with the mass of another entity existing in the set coordinates somewhere else in the world. While intially only able to transport Amada from one location on Earth to another based off of Longitude-Latitude discerned locations, Amada has added improvements to this device, allowing for him to switch with other masses from different dimensions, depending on the settings prepared beforehand.
_____________________________Background History• Background:
Amada was born to a middle-class family living in Karakura Central. He never had any tragic background that propelled him to where he was now. In fact, the life he lived was fairly privileged. The circumstances proved fairly normal. Even his entrance into the famed University of Karakura Central was an average process, putting aside the fact that he was accepted into the prestigeous instutition. Given the opportunity to join, his parents took loans paired with a scholarship to financially support his joining the University. Purely through intellectual prowess was his entrance granted; Amada was a Japanese person born a citizen, with no advantageous background in a more political sense.
In fact, his background was so normal, the soon to come situations were anything but expected. In due time, the things Amada would invent soon propels him into a journey strongly contrasting his up-til-now normal life. With a thirst for adventure and impulsive nature, his mental and physical being would be transformed. Amada's tragedy is not in his past. It exists in his future.
His genius surfaced in primary school when Amada was presented with a piano. While the children in his group left music class for the next class in their schedule, Amada--unknown to the teacher--stayed behind, fascinated by the instrument. Recalling a lullaby his mother hummed while doing housework, Amada found which notes corresponded with the lullaby by playing around and effectively replicated the song with a simple melody. This talent extended to multiple instruments when the music teacher found out and informed his parents. Amada attended private music lessons after that, but they never worked out. It was found that he played best when left to his own devices.
In High School, Amada followed similar logic in that by playing around with the mechanics of an item, he could essentially reverse-engineer it and replicate it purely through intuition and his own unique sequence of logic. This prompted him to thinking original ideas and implementing what little knowledge of the sciences he knew into operational devices that went beyond the teachings of his high school lessons. These feats were impressive enough to gain the attention of a scouter for UKC at a city-wide science fair.
_____________________________See Skill Sheet for More InformationGeneral Skills
- Durability: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- General Speed: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Strength: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Weapon Skill: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Willpower/Determination: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Mental Deduction: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Pain Endurance: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Focus: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner