|We have 2625 registered users|
The newest registered user is Minxkasa
Our users have posted a total of 124466 messages in 19006 subjects
Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku]
Waifu War Veteran
Joined : 2012-11-04
Posts : 1148
Karma : 18
Age : 25
|Subject Post 1Subject: Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku] Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:07 am|| |
DEATH IN TWO STEPS
Suì-Fēng || Soifon» Appearance Age:
17 Years» Age:
654 Years» Gender:
- Loyal: This is one of the key aspects of Soifon's nature, loyalty. It is a powerful faithfulness to not only people and organizations she has come to trust, but to ideas and beliefs embedded into her mind. She has an entire hierarchy of loyalties, where the importance of certain subjects varies much like the classes of a society. A strange metaphor but one that applies nonetheless; she always weighs the costs and benefits of her loyalties, ordering them in terms of significance, and making sure to balance it as she sees fit. For those at the top rungs of her structuring, she is willing to sacrifice greatly to put that loyalty above her own interests. She is even willing to sacrifice the lesser loyalties if they are creating a negative influence on the greater ones, and she is not hesitant to do so for a great cause. However, her mind may be partially irrational when it comes to making the judgment on a person's, group's, or belief's worth. Such is the case with her former mentor and Captain, Yoruichi Shihouin. As a child Soifon pledged her life to the woman, and despite their contrast differences and rough past, she still holds Yoruichi in adulation and affection, above all other loyalties. Over the centuries Soifon has known her, she has never once dropped this loyalty, and it shows in the times she displays her obsession with her, such as her collection of black cat accessories... which is Yoruichi's alternate form. Her illogical structuring also is demonstrated in her will to overcome obstacles by herself, despite the capability of her allies to assist her. She is willing to strike down subordinates who get in the way of her personal struggles, even though it will become needlessly more difficult in doing so.
- Moral Stance: This is a trait that plays into Soifon's loyalty hierarchy, showing her belief in the morals she sets for herself. One of the stronger morals is that of following order and law, and as she is one of the higher authorities in the land of the Seireitei, it should come as no surprise. This stance is actually something that had been developed lately in the absence of Yoruichi Shihouin as she became Captain and chose to uphold the duties of the position staunchly. She was already used to sacrificing her life for one being, and without the being's presence an emptiness developed within Soifon that would be occupied by a purpose to become an officer of the Soul Society's law. She does not take into account even the relationships of her friends and family when it comes to executing her orders, showing a bit more of just how Soifon's loyalties are laid out. There were times when her own subordinates and allies would become enemies in her eyes, as without a second's hesitation they were seen sympathizing against the procession of the authorities. In some ways admirable, it can in other ways be seen as cruelty, for in some cases the body of authority itself is not always moral or correct. Unfortunately, Soifon is susceptible to such cases as she chooses to remain firm in her devotion. One of the very few exceptions to this commitment is her almost-worship of Yoruichi Shihouin, who recently has returned to the Soul Society in good grace and has been influencing her.
- Resolve: Soifon is one of resolution, sure of herself, and sure of the course of action that lays before her. She does not hesitate to do what it takes to complete a mission or defeat her enemies, even if it costs her part of herself—physical, mental, or spiritual. She is more than likely to remove all instances of desperation in her actions, and lock down all emotions that may hinder her from moving forward. From her roots, she was always a strong girl, picking her goals and striving for them no matter what. She was born to the Feng house, one of the lower noble houses affiliated with the Shihouin, and when Yoruichi became the head of her house, it would be Soifon's goal to give her life for the woman. She happily would protect and fight for her, whatever the sacrifice. And still to this day, that resolve is buried within her. It is apparent by the fact that Yoruichi happens to be the exception to all her loyalties, to all her resolution, and to her being. it is a testament to the unbreakable determination housed within her soul. As a subnote, Soifon is also incredibly stubborn, which plays into this trait. She remembers grudges long in the past, she stands obstinately close to the ideals she chooses to uphold, and she pushes aside help she may need if only because she believes in personal struggle.
- Leadership: Soifon, as Yoruichi has deserted her position as the Captain of the Second Division, became the leader in her place. And though through her she learned a great deal of skills to help her in this pursuit, she implements her own flavor into it to provide an alternate style of leadership. Through her resolve and will, she is quite capable of leading a group by being steadfast and powerful in image. She upholds her image, and takes hold of the initiative of situations so that those who follow her will hold strong to their morality. Not only that, but the fast-paced thinking and years of following under the tutelage of the impressive Yoruichi Shihouin have taken this prowess farther. She has the ability to take into account any situation and make decisions for herself, using craft and courage in combination to overcome any situation. Her record as a Division Captain and Commander of the Secret Mobile Corps is nothing to sneeze at either, making it more comfortable for people to follow her. With this commanding aura, and her ability to take control of the situation and execute her plans well, she is a proven leader ready to conduct an army if need be.
- Tactician: It's not just charisma that makes Soifon such a successful person in positions of command; it's her own brilliant mind that knows the way to victory too well. Through her own personal struggle, she has built experience at a very fast pace, making her an accomplished Captain in regards to success on missions. She utilizes high skill in terms of observation and analyzation to gauge the situations she deal with at a very fast pace. She is capable of quickly noticing connections or quirks even amidst combat and confusion. And then she is able to craft a strategy that utilizes the tools she possesses, which more often than not will lead to victory, excepting the cases when the difficulty of the object is far too high. She is also able to employ many different sets of tactics involving subterfuge and confusion, which are capable to defeating enemies who are stronger than her. She is willing to hold herself back to keep some tricks up her sleeves, and provided an opportunity is not hesitant to take advantage of it and strike.
- A Softer Side: The influence of her subject of worship, Yoruichi Shihouin, did not fall upon deaf ears, especially now that she has returned to her side. Soifon has adopted many things Yoruichi, including a softer side to her usually cool determined spirit. She is not at all averse to kindness among friends, or a willingness to play things casually. Like Yoruichi, Soifon is not afraid to jest and become playful. A smile is not foreign to her face, and neither is a smirk. So when there is no need to enforce the order and law and duties of her position, she is quite the nicer person. She may be reserved in some cases, ostracized from natural socialization with others, which is because of her aloofness when playing her role in the Soul Society. But all the kind and friendly traits seen in Yoruichi, Soifon can be seen to reflect upon others when she becomes comfortable enough.
Soifon is a relatively petite woman, with a below average five foot and one inch in height as well as a far below average eighty six pounds in mass. She sports a lanky frame that shouts flexible and agile at whoever looks at it unadorned; with so little fat it makes it look even unhealthy—and yet for a Shinigami all is well. She has a light skin tone with unblemished skin, despite the unnatural thinness. This figure has begun developing along the typical path a woman's body should, yet she can hardly be considered curvaceous. Another trait about her that is below average, her bust and curves fall in line with the narrow figurine that she is. Now Soifon's angular face remains as the focal point of her visage, with deep silvered eyes that speak of centuries past in her life, and a bantam set of features that seemed to only fathom up to ten different expressions along their existence, that being a small amount. A thinly-plucked pair of eyebrows resided over the girl's hues, and appeared to be able to follow into a furrow a little too easily with their own tale of sorrow to tell; while, contrastingly, Soifon has allowed her eyelashes to grow somewhat long, and seemed to display a note of her better days. Her hair is an important detail, which although short almost completely reflects her childhood mentor, friend, and hero, Yoruichi. In this style the majority of the hair is just allowed to fall where it pleases, but there are two cowlick-type protrusions of hair on either side of her head that appear to resemble a cat's drooping ears. What differentiates this style from Yoruichi's is Soifon's choice to cut her bangs flat above her brow line, and instead of possessing a single collective ponytail at the back of her head, she wraps her long locks in a set of braids bound in white cloth and tipped with small golden rings—these braids wind up falling to the end of her spine.
Soi Fon's clothing doesn't change much. As a Captain of the Gotei 13, she wears the typical Shinigami robes underneath the 2nd Division's haori, which is white on the outside and orange on the inside. The haori possesses the japanese kanji for 2 on the back encompassed by a black diamond, and is also is detailed at the hem with black alternating vertical lines and dots. And finally this Captain's outfit is wrapped up at the waist with a yellow obi knotted at the front. Now, underneath this all of that is the signature black undershirt of the Commander-in-chief of the Onmitsukidō, in other words a quite revealing backless and sleeveless article of clothing that happens to also reveal much of her sides and the edges of her thin breasts. Just as Yoruichi, this was specially made to perform the Shunko technique that exerts a force around the arms that automatically shreds away most of the fabric there. However, her imperfect form is not quite up to snuff, allowing her to wear a pair of stretchy black forearm bands. Instead of wearing the standard Shinigami sandals with tabi, she wears traditional Chinese shoes with ordinary white socks that work their way up to her knees. And last of all, Soifon tends to keep her Zanpakutō on her person at all times, which she wears akin to Yoruichi's style—sideways and attached to the back of her obi. On the occasional off day Soifon can be seen to choose a different set of clothing, but for all intents and purposes, this is the usual appearance of the woman.» Height:
Five Feet, One Inch (155 centimeters)» Weight:
86 pounds (39 kilograms)
Suì-Fēng was born under the name Shaolin Fēng into the Fēng house, one of the lower noble houses affiliated with the Shihouin noble house. She was within the 9th Generation of her family and as the youngest of six siblings born around this time. The Fēng family serves the Shihouin family by joining the Onmitsukidō, and making their livings as assassins and executioners. In fact, any of those who do not pass the entrance exam to become a member of the organization is susceptible to be, and most likely to be, exiled. Her five brothers, all older than her, had already made it into the Onmitsukidō successfully. Shaolin's father, however, would take her for a trip before then, to witness the new upbringing of the Shihouin head, Yoruichi Shihouin. As the princess was inducted by the ceremony, Shaolin's father would simply fill his daughter's ears with nothing but good words for Yoruichi, and she told her that from now on the purpose of her existence would be to protect and serve Yoruichi. Shaolin took this to heart, as she would be taking the test the next day just as Yoruichi would become the Corps-Commander of the same organization. She strove so hard that she managed to excel in the test and surpass all of her brothers in terms of skill and intelligence. As was tradition, she had finally made it into the Onmitsukidō; and as she joined she would drop Shaolin as her name, and take up the replacement her great-grandmother used: Suì-Fēng, which also could be pronounced and written as Soifon. Though she was able to join the ranks among her brothers, the difference between her skill and theirs was laughable—and they would not last long. Out of her five older siblings, two died on the first mission, then two more on the second. The last one died on the sixth mission, leaving Soifon alone in the Onmitsukidō as the single remaining Fēng of the ninth generation.
Soifon's career as a member of the militia played out much more successfully, having survived and helped complete her first several missions, earning praise from the leaders of said missions. And whenever not on a mission, Soifon would be training her heart out to become stronger every day, for she did not progress along the traditional course of the Shin'o academy. So, her path was of personal struggle and cultivation of her skills, teaching herself how to fight to the best of her abilities. She would often challenge her teammates within the Onmitsukidō to skirmishes of very unbalanced odds, and yet Soifon would always come out on top as the victor. Without former knowledge of how, Soifon even managed to summon forth her Zanpakutō; which, despite her lack of knowledge of the weapon and companion, she would learn how to wield effectively and skillfully in combat. Her intense training in all fields of the Death Gods—Hakuda, Hohou, Kidou, and Zanjutsu—was all for a purpose she held above all others. She aimed to become as strong as the Corps-Commander herself, Yoruichi Shihouin, which she had come to adore from a distance. Mission after successful mission, Soifon quickly rose through the ranks in such a fashion that her peers would begin to send their praises of the girl to Yoruichi. At first it was something small and disregarded by the woman, but as the consistency of these reports increased, it would most surely become something for her to investigate.
It took seven years after Soifon's inauguration into the Onmitsukidō, when she again challenged a group of fellow agents to a spar. The odds were five to one, yet Yoruichi under the guise of a typical Onmitsukidō member would sneak into the ranks, making it six to one. As the skirmish began, Yoruichi would stay in the back lines to observe how Soifon effortlessly danced around the five combatants and took them apart with sheer proficiency, incredible speed, and refined power. Even though she suffered a blow or two, the overall outcome would put the first five on the ground to leave only Yoruichi standing against Soifon. This particular fight had taken place at night, therefore making it difficult for Soifon to recognize the woman at first. Thus, she would engage with the same amount of ability as before, trying to take down this last fighter without realizing who it was. However, Yoruichi was still far beyond the Fēng's capacity to handle, and Soifon found herself getting frustrated as her attacks were not working as easily as before. She would take out her Zanpakutō to try and heighten her chances, but time and time again her swipes would be dodged. Anger at her failure to defeat this random underling of the Onmitsukidō began to gnaw at her, up until Soifon used her strategy of deceit to throw Yoruichi off-guard and utilize all of her speed and skill to engage within the small opening. The attack ended up being stopped by Yoruichi's bare hands, but it brought the two close enough for Soifon to see who she was fighting.
After an immense instance of surprise, the fight would end and Yoruichi would take off the Onmitsukidō mask to show that it was indeed her. An embarrassed Soifon would be speechless, but her idol would be before her speaking, telling Soifon that she admired her skill and dedication to the Onmitsukidō. She followed up by telling Soifon that she would be taking her up as one of her personal guards. As they went about their ways, Soifon was still left speechless, but eventually the joyousness of what had just happened would register. Though her goal was to become as strong as Yoruichi-sama, she was more than glad to be able to work under her in a closer way. Because before she entered the Onmitsukidō she had dedicated her life to the woman, and was willing to put it on the line for her. The next day she walked in Yoruichi's stead whenever she could, feeling it as an honor. And rather that letting her skill drop after having acquired a contenting position, if anything her efforts to train herself redoubled. The difference this time, however, is that Yoruichi would take the young lady under her wing as her protege and help her train as a mentor to a student. Yoruichi, who was known for her prodigious skill, would accelerate Soifon's growth to a point that she would become the head of Yoruichi's personal guard. She would also be the one to teach the Fēng of the ways of the Zanpakutō, and about how it was not just a tool but an ally who is always at your side as long as you are at theirs. It was through Yoruichi's help that she would delve into the world of her Shinigami to confront her Zanpakutō spirit.
The realm of the Zanpakutō was glorious, as Soifon found herself emerging from a brilliantly blue portal into a world she never would have believed could be this beautiful, or even exist. Apparently she was atop a mountain where greenery grew and a cloudless sky lie above, filled with the spectrum of a rainbow arcing over the summit. There was very little in terms of man-made constructs, as only the gateway she had come through and two large spires nearby seemed to be present. The rest was natural terrain; or perhaps in this rare case, unnatural terrain. Even stranger was when Soifon looked away from the mountain she was upon, out towards the other landscapes surrounding it. Rather than lovely blue skies and more eye candy, it would seem they were shrouded in a dense and mysterious gray fog that grew thicker the further away it was. Somewhat afraid, Soifon would focus on the mountain she was upon currently, when suddenly a golden light would appear from one of the nearby shrubs. With supreme speed it would fly nary a foot from her face to reveal it's petite seven inch high size, and a rather humanoid body. This was Suzumebachi, though Soifon didn't know it by name just yet. Suzumebachi was quite talkative, high-spirited, and youthful in mind and heart. Though the two's personalities clashed, especially when the fairy-like spirit threw in blunt comments about her taste in style, eventually they would come out as allies. When Soifon got to know Suzumebachi better, she learned her name very suddenly and instinctively, without the Zanpakutō spirit herself saying it. And when she did learn the name, she would emerge from her Jinzen with her arm encompassed by her Shikai, Nigeki Kessatsu.
After Soifon achieved Shikai, Yoruichi would show her pride in her student by inviting her into the Gotei 13 as the Lieutenant of the Second Division, which she currently headed. She gladly accepted, becoming Yoruichi's right-hand woman in all instances. She was highly protective of and highly devoted to the Shihouin, and was excited to take up the positions that brought her closer to her. And for a long while, this was the situation—Soifon had become comfortable as Yoruichi's advisor and guardian, and in turn Yoruichi passed on her skills and knowledge to Soifon, telling her that in time she would become the successor to both the leader of the Onmitsukidō and the head of the 2nd Division. Over this gradual period, it would be that the two opposing personalities of this pair would clash on the occasion, with Yoruichi's laid back and easy-going style and Soifon's staunch to-the-book type. They were small arguments that had no real impact on their relationship, but still showed the differences between the two. Yet still Soifon came to admire Yoruichi no matter the hardship, as thus far in her life the woman has made her who she is. This time together began to open up something more than just what was between a student and a teacher; Yoruichi's lax nature allowed Soifon to experience feelings of friendship, and something even deeper than that. The bond was strong on her side, justifying the sacrifice she was willing to go through for the woman. And being as she was a girl of incredible resolve, she would more than gladly stick to it.
The second important figure in her life was none other than Urahara Kisuke, but that doesn't mean he was shed in a positive light. In fact, Soifon detested Urahara for his lazy uninspired attitude, and there was no life devotion exception to this one. Beforehand, Soifon had been advanced up to the Lieutenant's Chair in the Second Division, which was the second seat. This had put her one seat ahead of Urahara, who apparently was one of Yoruichi's old friends. Soifon was highly protective of Yoruichi's honor, and thus certainly did not approve of the man being even near her. Things became even more distraught for the young lady when it was announced that Urahara would be taking to the Proficiency Test to become a Captain of the Gotei 13. All she saw was his carefree attitude; being lazy and doing bad at his job. Soifon confronted Yoruichi with concerns that she was overestimating Urahara's capabilities. It was a mistake to even appoint him as Corps Commander of the Detention Unit, so undeserving of such a position was he. While Yoruichi readily admitted to the fact that Urahara was not really a hard worker, she dismissed Soifon's criticisms without hesitation. However, the Fēng persisted, going as far as utilizing her stealth skills to stalk Urahara and clearly observe that he was doing nothing to contest her beliefs. But again when she shoes the notes she took about it to Yoruichi, she dismissed them again, and continually insinuated that she was in love with him.
Whatever the case, the test would be prepared for Urahara regardless of Soifon's objections. A day or so after Urahara took the test, he was standing as captain of the 12th Division, the head of the Shinigami Research and Development Institute. It did not take long until something awry came about, as Soifon overheard an Onmitsukidō member tell Yoruichi that Urahara had entered into the Detention Unit property with claims that he was previously given approval to go. He had not been granted the permission, but Yoruichi told her division members not to bother and to allow him to go where he liked, trusting in her old friend to have an idea of some kind. When Soifon again goes to find Urahara and trail him, she finds a much more different picture than before. She witness his extreme spiritual power and expert Hakuda mastery as he is taking down a small group of Shinigami defectors, before entering the Detention Unit. It is from the Reiatsu that Soifon is forced back and left to mull over the sights she has seen. For the first time, she actually considered Urahara in a different light than the typical animosity, but the moment passed quickly. She decided that she would not pursue Urahara again in the attempt to get him kicked out of the Captain's spot he had achieved. She believed in the judgment of the Central 46 and the rest of the Gotei 13 to have not let someone unworthy of the position in. But still, she held him in a shade of dislike.
The years would continue to fly by, with the relationship between Soifon and Yoruichi only growing stronger as the Fēng zealously followed her instruction and assisted her in the many missions they carried out as members of two organizations. She did not seem to care too much for the strange things happening around them, such as Captains suddenly disappearing with no trace, as long as her charge was safe and at her side. She did notice, however, the distress that would worm its way into the Shihouin's warm face that she had come to love. It made her strive to practice even harder and become as strong as possible for Yoruichi's sake, often spending the hours of her sleep for this purpose. One such night, Yoruichi would find the young Shinigami practicing with her Zanpakutō, and would surprise her by coming to assist her in a very intimate way to help her perfect the form she was trying to achieve. After she succeeded, the two would simply rest there, with Yoruichi laying her head upon Soifon's lap. Soifon was trying to tell her that she was still not strong enough to protect her, and that she needed to become even stronger, explaining why she was out here. But Yoruichi refused to let her beat herself up, going so far as commanding her to stop it. It was then that the fateful promise was made, Soifon saying she would never leave her side as long as she lived. And as Yoruichi returned the promise, she fell into a deep sleep there on Soifon's lap. At this point it was beyond admiration; Soifon worshiped Yoruichi.
When the strange happenings within the Gotei 13 progressed even worse, with Urahara's and Tessai's mysterious sentences, chaos erupted in the Soul Society. Among that chaos, Soifon went to her mistress to find that she was not only absent, but had found out that she had abandoned all her titles and left the Soul Society without even a word to those she had left behind. The promise so recently made had been broken and obliterated by her sudden departure, and she had felt betrayed by the one she had treated like a goddess. There wasn't even an explanation behind it that was told to Soifon, and all that she could see is the destruction of her trust and everything she had worked up to become. The purpose for her being; gone in a heartbeat. In the absence of the shattered promise, Soifon would create a new one on the spot. She would only continue her training to become more powerful, succeeding Yoruichi's positions as she had wished and becoming Captain of the Second Division as well as the Commander of the Onmitsukidō. She would also take up the position as head of the Fēng family, adding another title to her collection. And she would keep becoming stronger until she was content, as when that happened she would go to find Yoruichi and take her back by force. The chaos surrounding Seireitei would subside for the time being, as new captains would take the stead of the unfilled position. The Second Division had been left open, as Soifon would become the successor, but had not quite achieved her Bankai.
Her Bankai, which she had been working on for years with Yoruichi-sama's help, was still at the edges of her reach. Suzumebachi would sometimes come out of the Zapakutō of her own will on the occasion, her appearances becoming more common in Yoruichi's absence. It turned out that Suzumebachi had not quite liked the woman, and at that point Soifon could relate the feeling, or so she thought. She felt
what she believed was hatred toward her old mentor, but it wasn't quite the same thing. Regardless, it was what was needed to break through with Suzumebachi and for once strengthen their relationship now without Yoruichi taking all of her focus away. Within days of the dark-skinned woman's absence, Soifon achieved Jakuhō Raikōben, filling in all the prerequisites for the position of Captain. The proficiency test was a breeze for her, and she would take up the reigns dropped by Yoruichi. Once the situation in Seireitei settled, Soifon would be the one heading the search-and-retrieve parties that went out on missions to the World of the Living to locate Yoruichi and take her back to the World of Souls. But however, the Shihouin was also a master of stealth, and despite decades of missions under the purpose of hunting her down, they would not be able to find a single trace of her. Eventually the Central 46 would order these missions to come to an end as the futility of it became apparent to them. In order to preserve resources, they would terminate them, so that the Onmitsukidō could return to much more useful occupations.
But Soifon would not accept it, choosing to use much of her spare time going to Earth alone to find Yoruichi herself. This would last several more years with each instance occurring less and less likely. At this point Yoruichi's status was officially declared as deceased, but such a thing was unbelievable for Soifon. Though she could not accept it deep down inside, she would stop travelling to Earth, as she never could find the woman no matter how hard she tried—the world was too large. So, Soifon would allocate her focus to her duties in the Soul Society. Her soft nature would be seen to become cold and hard, while her resolve and dedication to her many obligations would take hold. All that got in her way were her enemies and all enemies were to be slain, so she believed, even if such people were her fellow comrades. As her advance to Captain would leave the Lieutenant's chair open in her squad, she would appoint a man by the name of Marechiyo Ōmaeda; the Ōmaeda family were an incredibly wealthy family within Seireitei, and alongside the Fēng were a noble house affiliated with the Shihouin. As head of the Fēng house, it was in Soifon's best interests to keep good relations with the Ōmaeda, especially because of how well-funded they kept her organizations. But in truthfulness, Marechiyo was somewhat deplorable, and both Soifon and Suzumebachi more so (Who hated men in general) did not like him. Also around this time is when Soifon began to work on a new technique that was incredibly powerful. It was to be a flawless synchronization between Hakuda and Kidou, to create a form that drastically increased the user's overall power. While simple in thought, perfecting this was incredibly difficult, so much so that in the coming years she would attempt to but still be unable to grasp the equilibrium correctly. Still, even incomplete, it was still powerful.
Approximately one hundred years after Yoruichi's absence, the news of a Shinigami by the name of Rukia Kuchiki abandoning her duties and not returning to the Soul Society from Earth would arrive. If it was not for Byakuya's familial relationship with her, Soifon would have gone to hunt the now-criminal down herself. She was returned within a day, and sentenced to death by the Central 46 for her crimes, as it was. But what was rather weird was the fact that this young woman had somehow lost her powers, though Soifon was told this was temporary. Even stranger was the shortening of the normal execution to twenty-five days from thirty. Still she would not question the orders of the Central 46 reasoning that they would not do such a thing without good reason. However, it only got worse from that point on when an emergency meeting of the Gotei 13 was called, and all Captains were to gather for the conference, excepting Ukitake who had health issues. At that meeting, it was told that several Ryoka, or intruders, had arrived to the Soul Society from Earth, and that their target was the prisoner Rukia. There also was slight bickering among the Captains, but Soifon kept silent and kept out of it. She was ordered to help transfer the prisoner to the Senzaikyū tower for further security, though she opted to command a small escort of Onmitsukidō guards to perform the task in her stead. In the next several days, the sentencing of the Kuchiki girl would shorten to earlier and earlier dates, while the Ryoka had breached Seireitei and were causing chaos among the Gotei 13, which scrambled in disorganization to stop the threat. As this chaos unfolded before her, Soifon got a terrible feeling in the pit of her stomach, an impending sense of dread.
The next tragedy to arrive was the death of one of the Gotei's captains, Sōsuke Aizen. He was murdered not too far from his division's barracks, and the medical team was unable to tell who caused his death. whether the Ryoka or a traitor among them. The Gotei was falling into further disarray, and Soifon was coming apart at the seams. She could only cling to the responsibilities as a Captain and execute the orders she was given, and she sought nothing more than to make sure this execution went through without any lapse. On the day of the execution, Soifon would be one of few Captains who attended it, including Retsu Unohana, Shunsui Kyōraku, Byakuya Kuchiki, and Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto himself. The tool of execution was Sōkyoku, a Shinigami with the power to completely vaporize a soul with the fire it releases when unsealed. It would take the entire Kidou Corps to release the bindings upon the massive weapon, while Rukia would be raised into position for the ceremony to take place. As the flames of the Sōkyoku took the form of a dragon, Soifon would watch as it rushed towards Rukia to destroy her once and for all. But this was the moment everything would fall to pieces, as suddenly the legendary force of the Sōkyoku would be stopped by Ichigo, one of the Ryoka to invade Seireitei. Soifon watched in utter shock, as then Shunsui and Ukitake would arrive at the base of the massive halberd, attempting to destroy it with a Shihouin relic. The situation threw everyone off balance, and the destruction of the halberd would succeed and Rukia would be rescued by Ichigo, who gave her to another Gotei traitor, Renji Abarai, to escape with her.
Soifon would have to collect herself, ordering the present Lieutenants to chase Renji down and retrieve the prisoner, but they were also easily defeated by Ichigo. While Byakuya rushed to combat the Ryoka, Soifon would only get angry at the officers who were not carrying out their orders. She would strike down Kiyone Kotetsu as she tried to come to her sister's help, calling her a traitor as the rest. She is just about to crush the lieutenant under foot when she is thrust off the side of Sōkyoku hill and whisked into the air by a masked assailant. As she struggles to get free, she suddenly realizes the voice of the assailant, who pulls off her mask to reveal that it is indeed her. Yoruichi Shihouin had pushed her off the hill with a Shunpo technique, and they were now falling towards the ground far below. Soifon was simply to shocked to respond, and was wide open for the Kidou attack Yoruichi used on her to launch her into the earthen ground at the base of the hill. She would be able to recover, of course, and suddenly all of her focus shifted onto the Shihouin who had been her mentor and who had left her without even saying goodbye; nothing else happening in the Soul Society mattered now. She doesn't exactly know what to do, and simply finds herself attacking the woman with Hakuda, though Yoruichi matches her blow by blow, and eventually they disengage to chat with each other. At first it's simply quips and insults thrown back and forth, with Yoruichi seeming rather pleased to see Soifon again. But Soifon is struggling somewhat to retain the feelings she had been holding in all this time, settling for small talk as a front.
The chat is ended as Soifon's agents arrive, and as she pulls her Zanpakutō out and plants it firmly in front of her, an entire battalion of the executive militia surrounds Yoruichi. This is a signal, whether or not rashly made, of execution; it means that Soifon intends to kill Yoruichi, and the fight begins. Yoruichi effortlessly manages to take out the Onmitsukidō agents using her proficiency with the Hohou, but Soifon again matches her blow for blow when they engage. Soifon tells her that she has been training this entire time, which is evident as she can now get behind even the Goddess of Flash to surprise her. With her vantage point, she unleashed her Shikai, Death in Two Steps
, and managed to catch up to the Shihouin even as she tried to Flash Step away. The laceration she placed upon her chest created a Homonka, signaling the initialization of her Shikai's process; placing a second blow upon the Homonka would erase Yoruichi from existence. As the fight continues, Soifon doesn't manage to fulfill the Nigeki Kessatsu contract, but keeps adding on more Homonka as Yoruichi struggles to evade destruction. As it turns into a cat-and-mouse game, Soifon decides to end this quickly by activating the nameless technique she had been working on most recently. She wrapped herself in a cloak of intense kidou, which began to take on the affinity of wind as it swirled around her and gusted throughout the area with its great power. Thinking she has the upper hand, Soifon takes the time to explain the technique to Yoruichi, and declaring that she should be proud of how much her student has grown in her absence. But it is cut short when Yoruichi activates Flash Cry, the perfected and named technique that Soifon had been working on, which takes on an electrical attribute.
Suddenly, the tables turn as Flash Cry obliterates the landscape around them and Soifon is only left standing because of her own weakened variant of the ability. Furious, Soifon launches herself forward to try and strike Yoruichi down once more, but she is easily stopped by Yoruichi's form once more and her ability is nullified by counter-magic. That's when Soifon realizes that she still cannot defeat Yoruichi, even despite the woman's one-hundred years absence from combat while she trained and trained the entire time. She falls to pieces before her mentor, unwilling to fight any longer and accepting defeat, but asking her the powerful question; Why didn't you take me with you?
Yoruichi's response is of little consolation to Soifon, but she is told that she left to save Urahara and Tessai from death as they were wrongly accused and sentenced. Soifon cannot understand, until suddenly a telepathic message is sent to the both of them from Isane Kotetsu, both explaining the current situation to them as well as enlightening Soifon of Aizen's treason. Aizen, who had faked his death, had slain the Central 46 and had been ordering all of their commands this entire time. After the telepathic message rallies the remains of the Gotei 13 to combat the traitor back on top of Sōkyoku hill, Yoruichi stops Soifon from rushing to tell her that it was Aizen who had been the one to set up Urahara and Tessai's crimes. With this newfound knowledge, the two are able to reconcile their differences, before going to deal with the current threat.
As both are profound users of the Flash Step, they arrive quickly to stop Aizen from slaying those he had already struck down. But apparently he has gotten what he had come for: the Hōgyoku that had been hiding within Rukia's body this whole time. The Sōkyoku was supposed to have obliterated Rukia's form and have left the Hōgyoku device behind for Aizen to take, but that did not work out so well. and thus he manually extracted it from her body using research he had taken from Urahara previously. Though the two were in a position to lock the man down, Yoruichi screams at Soifon to get back as she herself follows her own orders. For, seconds later Aizen and his subordinates are surrounded by Negacion beams, as Gillians rip through the sky of the Soul Society to save them. Aizen has allied with the hollows, and it to set the crises for the next several years as Aizen is no doubt planning an attack when he is ready. Soifon, lightheaded from all of this insanity, wishes to retire to her barracks to rest. Before that, Yoruichi tells her that she will return to Earth, again to Soifon's dismay. But it is assured that Yoruichi will keep in contact and still be by Soifon's side if she needs it, reinstating the promise made long ago. The Shihouin tells her that she is proud of her student, and is glad that she had succeeded her as Captain and Commander. More than happy, Soifon says goodbye just before she returns to her barracks, glad for her past to be settled.
There was a time of rest for the Soul Society to rebuild and recover from the fight, and Soifon had Marechiyo renovate the Second Division Barracks to accomodate Yoruichi at any time and any day, with heated floors, automatic doors, and air conditioning on every floor of the Headquarters. Even the training room has been remodeled to contain a nearby hot springs. After the return of her ex-commander, Soifon has spent most of her nights dreaming about the days when they trained together. She also began to collect a great deal of black cat shaped merchandise from wherever she could find it, whether in the Soul Society or on Earth when on missions. And speaking of missions, she was by Yoruichi's side when helping her investigate human disappearances in the real world, to help Ichigo during the Bount troubles. There is one instance during this issue that she engages a Bount in combat that uses poisons. However, she was able to trump his abilities with Suzumebachi's help and use the Death in Two Steps technique to send the Bount to his grave. After that, she remained in the Soul Society to protect it from further such attacks, while Ichigo and his comrades dealt with the issue directly.
After that is when a new threat arrived, by the name of Arrancar. It is the reemergence of Aizen, who has used the Hōgyoku to create something of a mix between Hollows and Shinigami. Aizen is much more powerful than before, and when she hears that not even Yoruichi is capable of taking him down with Urahara's help, she becomes worried. The Gotei 13 is dispatched to Karakura Town to once and for all end the threat of Sosuke Aizen. On the front lines of the Arrancar assault are the Espada and their Fraccions, and Soifon decides to engage Baraggan and his fraccion with the help of Marechiyo. The first combatant is Ggio Vega, who after some expended effort and time is sent into the next life by Soifon's Nigeki Kessatsu. Baraggan Louisenbairn himself is their next target, except Soifon finds herself making very little progress upon defeating him, and she notices her movements are becoming slower. It turns out the Espada has power over time, not only in slowing her down if she gets close, but also aging her body by touch. He is able to break Soifon's left arm, and after releasing his Zanpakutō, he uses his Respira ability to catch the broken arm and cause it to begin to rot to the bone. She calls Ōmaeda to cut her arm off before it spreads to the rest of her body, and he barely makes it in time to stop it at the elbow. Only through her incredible resolve does Soifon manage to get over the pain and terror of the attack, and thinks up a plan. She asks Ōmaeda to distract Baraggan while she leaves to carry it out.
Marechiyo is barely able to survive long enough by running away from Baraggan's attacks, especially as his time manipulation slows him down. Thankfully, Soifon is able to quickly wrap her wounds up in cloth ripped away from her clothing, and prepare herself for the release of her Bankai. Jakuhō Raikōben is aimed onto Baraggan and launched, and upon impact it creates such a large explosion that it sends her flying away with the force behind it, despite the distance away from it. Yet, in the midst of the of clearing smoke, Baraggan is still standing and unharmed by the attack. There was no way such a thing could have happened, and Soifon was feeling somewhat defeated until the Vizards joined the fray. The Vizard were allies of Urahara, and had come to help combat Aizen's forces—they were somewhat the opposite of the Arrancar, whereas Arrancar were Hollows who had pulled off their mask to gain Shinigami powers, the Vizard were Shinigami who had donned a Hollow mask to gain Hollow-like powers. Hachigen Ushōda goes to help Soifon defeat Baraggan, by trapping him inside a massive Kidou barrier. He then proceeds to explain that the reason the Arrancar had survived the attack was by aging the missile itself and causing the explosion to occur far enough away from him to escape. So, the plan now is to contain Baraggan so that he may not escape, and then launch one of Soifon's missiles at him. However, she had never been able to fire Jakuhō Raikōben more than once in three days before—she was worried what might happen to her if she tried. Hachigen insisted, and Soifon decided that she would, as it was her duty as a Captain of the Gotei 13. She would fire the missile on one condition, that Hachigen trap Urahara in one of these Kidou bubbles if it succeed.
When he agreed, she surpassed her limit and summoned another missile to her Bankai, launching it through a small opening made in the barrier at Baraggan. After the attack lands, Baraggan still stands, with only one side of his face and one of his arms being blown off. Soifon is simply too exhausted to fight any longer, and can only witness as Hachigen dons his Hollow mask to combat Baraggan at full power. Her releases his Respira again to try and age the Vizard to death, and does manage to catch his arm. However, Hachigen counters it by using his Barrier Kidou on his own arm. At first what has exactly happened becomes confusing, until it is pointed out what is happening to the old man's stomach. Baraggan looks down to see that his body is rotting from the inside out, his own Respira causing it. Unable to stop it because of how absolute the ability is, he turns to dust by his own power, thanks to Hachigen's own ingenuity. he had cut his own rotting arm off and transported it into Baraggan's stomach, explaining the situation that had occurred. Now, Soifon falls to rest, needing some before the next battle while the rest of the Espada are taken down.
In the end, the final battle with Aizen takes place, with Ichigo, the unoccupied Gotei 13 Shinigami, and the Vizards still standing. Soifon engages Aizen in a four-pronged attack alongside Shunsui, Hitsugaya, and Shinji, but the attack is trumped easily and the four are cut down effortlessly. They were simply too tired and weak from their previous battles, and Aizen too powerful in his new form. They are unable to continue fighting this battle, and simply watch as it commences. It ends in General Yamamato's death, as he sacrifices himself at the opportune time to catch Aizen and his associates in a self-destructive attack. They are all sent into oblivion, reduced to ash as his Zanpakutō's release phrase stated. The battle was finally over with Aizen's defeat, and the Gotei 13 were left to mourn the loss of Yamamato. Soifon, usually the one of great resolve, is the first to break down in tears, angry and sad that such things have to happen. Komamura and Shunsui tried to restrain and console her, but Soifon would not take anything from them, as long as Yoruichi was not there. As they went to discuss the rebuilding once again and making due for the losses during this war, Soifon left the Soul Society for Earth, to find Yoruichi.
She stayed in the World of the Living for a while, recovering from the most of the damages she suffered during the war, and seeking consolation from Yoruichi. For that, she would be staying at Urahara's place for the duration, who would blame her for being trapped by Hachigen's barrier, as agreed earlier. Soifon still expressed dislike for Urahara, partially blaming him for Yoruichi's leave of the Soul Society, but it was not so drastic that she couldn't stand him. Soifon would find the Shihouin fiddling with her old belongings, such as her own Zanpakutō. They would have a conversation about the happenings at the battle and in the Soul Society, shocking Yoruichi as she first heard this news. Soifon would also tell Yoruichi that she should come back to the Soul Society to help them rebuild, but she would decline, saying she needed to take care of certain things first. Sadly, Soifon would eventually depart without having swayed her old mentor to return, but she needed to get back to her duties as Captain. As she returned, Retsu Unohana would use her advanced medical skills to help repair Soifon's arm back to the state it was in before Baraggan's attack. Over the next several decades, Soifon assists in the reparations of the Soul Society, and Yoruichi does indeed return to rejoin the Gotei 13 eventually, but never with the same vigor she had before. At the very least, they are all on good terms again at this point in time, and peace is known for a great many years.
But the world was changing. Aizen's meddling certainly did not go unnoticed. The world has become aware of the existence of other realms besides their own. The well of power has tipped over, allowing more mere humans to awaken newfound power. Alongside that each of the Demons, Iramasha, Sugiura, and Ziamichi have unveiled themselves as well. A whole new world had opened up and with it came great powers like never before. War became known again and peace was lost, as the forces delved for land and influence. For the most part, Soifon and the rest of the Soul Society tried not to interfere, so long as the balance of souls was perpetuated. It was not until war came to them directly by the evil known as Ender that she took up her sword again.
Last edited by Dexterity on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Waifu War Veteran
Joined : 2012-11-04
Posts : 1148
Karma : 18
Age : 25
|Subject Post 2Subject: Re: Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku] Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:03 am|| |
As the leader of the Onmitsukidō, Soifon is required to be highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat, which she had been training in ever since she first joined the Onmitsukidō. She is likely the most proficient hand-to-hand combatant in all of Soul Society, being able to fight evenly with and gain the upper hand against her mentor Yoruichi. With a small frame to assist in maneuvers of high agility, flexibility, and speed, combined with a powerful Reiatsu to dish out immensely punishing blows, she makes for a deadly opponent with her fists alone. It is said that no one may actively lay a hand on her unless she allows it, and if it does so happen, Soifon had proven to be a master of counter attacking. With over three hundred years of practice in the art, she has mastered almost every fighting style to exist, and is easily able to adapt to foreign Hakuda at a swift speed, and reproduce it. Physically, her blows are not ground-shaking, but powerful enough to cripple enemy bodies with only a handful of strikes. It is the precision with which she attacks that is the most dangerous, as she homes in on the most vulnerable areas of an enemy to absolutely wreck them. This is where her natural speed comes in, nearly on par with the Flash Goddess herself; without the assistance of the Flash Step, Soifon can already move at a pace that shreds the sound barrier. Acceleration to maximum speed is near instant as well, which is why she is often referred to as untouchable. After the centuries of time that Soifon has spent moving at these breakneck speeds, it is only natural for her to have developed reflexes to match them, allowing her to see clearly even with the rate of change in the scenery involved.
» Dim Mak:
- Oni Dekopin: A technique in which Soifon builds up immense spiritual power into one of her fingers where a simple flick from that appendage will have enough physical force to send an opponent flying a ridiculous distance away, and with enough power to send the victim plowing through multiple physical constructs, or splattering them if their body cannot take the impact. This ability takes but a second to prime and can come with little to no warning, and at that, it's one of Soifon's more basic Hakuda techniques.
- Ikusen Shushou: Way of the Thousand Fists, as some have called it, but only individuals with the speed of Soifon literally are able to unleash that many strikes in an instant Without the aid of Hohou, Soifon is capable of throwing out a flurry of attacks at a rate of one-thousand in a single second, each one potent as a normal attack. This ability creates an overwhelming amount of force against her foes, preventing them from getting a strike in when so many are coming their way in return. She can even fight multiple opponents with this and still overwhelm each of them. Some have said that Ikusen Shushou feels like being smashed by a thousand fists in one instant.
- Hiratei: An advanced Hakuda technique in which Soifon builds up immense spiritual power into one of her palms and thrusts her hand in the direction of her choosing while simultaneously utilizing that power to increase the kinetic force of the strike. Taking this attack point blank will most likely obliterate the section of the body and any object near it, but this attack also has so much force that it releases a highly concussive pulse from the palm that actually acts as a long-distance strike. This wave, although only doing a fraction of the damage caused by a direct hit, can send opponents flying, disorient them, and even do some nasty damage to the bone structure and skin. Imagine being hit by a truck.
- Seikiri: This is a precision-based Hakuda technique that relies on focusing one's strength behind a single finger, while lining up the hand and forearm behind it and keeping it rigidly straight. If everything is done right, and Soifon is inflexible in her attack, it will give her arms the power of a spear, utilizing piercing power instead of blunt force. Depending on the power of attacks put behind this form, Soifon can find herself perforating even the strongest defenses and the opponents behind them.
Dim Mak [Death Touch] is a martial art rather than a lone technique, taught to Soifon by her mentor Yoruichi, and it consists of striking incredibly precise points on the target body with considerable force to cause a variety of effects such as illness, paralysis, unconsciousness, or even death. The points are usually called Dim Mak points, but they are also referred to as vital points and pressure points. The majority of these points correspond to the same locations as acupuncture points. Dim Mak is an extremely dangerous martial art, which can cause a great deal of damage to the human body if used proficiently. Any precise strike with significant force can be enough to render a part of the body useless, and in numbers these strikes can knock someone out. The closer to the brain they are, the more fatal they are. While most will only cause pain or disable a limb alone, there are certain points such as those around the neck and collar that can take away breathing, or those around the Soul Sleep that can disable one's ability to use Reiatsu. With the enhancement with Reiatsu behind the strikes, the effects of striking these points will increase immensely. One light tap to the wrist disabling the hand, a jab to the back disabling a leg, a strong punch to the neck, killing—the general rule of thumb is that if the blow is already strong enough to do great damage, then the Dim Mak application will increase the overall effect of the attack. Also, the effect caused must be related to the part of the body struck, and it must be accurate. Even the slightest deviation from the Dim Mak point will render the style ineffective. There are three types of strikes in the Dim Mak arsenal based on hardness of the blow: Tap, which is but a light touch. Light Strike, which is something along the lines of a jab or chop. And Power Strike, which is any attack stronger than that. These are what determine the effects of the many many different Dim Mak points:
- Tip of Center Toe | Top of Big Toe | Front Center of the Ankle: These pressure points directly affect the foot and ankle that they are connected to. A tap on any of these pressure points will temporarily paralyze the foot and ankle for a second, possibly causing the victim to trip. A light strike on any of them will give them a limp over the next post, and a power strike will make the limp last up to three posts.
- Front of Knee, Outer Edge of Patella: A pressure point on the right side of the Patella for your right leg, or the left side of your Patella for your left leg. Hitting this point with a tap will do nothing, but a light strike will force them to turn their leg inward and stagger off balance for a short time. A power strike will numb their lower leg and make them unable to stand on the affected leg for their next post.
- Back Center of Knee, Between Femur and Tibia: This is a pressure point directly at the back of the knee, already commonly known as a weak spot to anyone with basic knowledge of anatomy. However, precisely hitting the pin prick center with a Dim Mak strike will be much more effective; a tap will force them to bend their knee forward against their will. A light strike will numb their leg and make it impossible to stand on it for their next post, while also causing their muscles to cramp up. A power strike will force the victim to completely bend their leg until their foot is touching their behind, locking up like that over the next two posts.
- Inner Thigh, Six Inches Above Knee: Albeit a somewhat private area to be striking, there is a pressure point here that can cause paralysis of the leg. Due to the fat around this area, only a power strike will work. Successfully hitting the point will freeze the entire leg from the joint at the groin and below, over the next three posts. It also will double the victim's sensitivity to pain in the affected leg over the period of time.
- Top of Greater Trochanter, Front of Body: On either side of the hips is a pressure point near the Greater Trochanter, which is a bone around that area. Striking that point from the front of the body will grant greater leverage than one would think. A tap is enough to ignite a molten pain in the area, and paralyze the leg beneath it for a split second. A light strike will further the excruciating experience to the entire leg, and also cause them to fall backwards and incapable of stepping back to catch themselves with their leg. A power strike accurately placed here will shut down the entire leg below it for the topic, while continuously pulsing in waves of agony over the course of it.
- Bottom of Spine, Back of Body: Directly down the centerline where the spine follows its path to one's bottom, the end of the spine lies. Striking the pressure point that lies there comes with some impressive effects, but requires nothing less than a power strike. Succeeding in doing so will force the victim's legs to become limp for the next five posts, numbing any pain in those areas in the process.
- Thoracic Arc | Serratus | Rectus Abdomis | Flank Pad | External Oblique: This is a collection of pressure points all around the rib cage, which all have the same effects if pressed. A tap will freeze their body for a half of a second, stopping all momentum in the process. A light strike will knock the wind out of them very suddenly, in addition to the previous effect. One thing is that these points do not respond to Power Strikes.
- Latissimus Dorsi: This is a pressure point underneath the arm pit by two inches on either side of the body. A tap in this area will temporarily paralyze their arm for a full second, stopping all momentum in the process. A light strike will double the duration, and a power strike will quadruple it, simply.
- Pectoralis Major: At the center of this chest muscle on either side of the body, is a pressure point that has a powerful effect on the victim's vitals. A tap will disrupt their breathing for one second, while also throwing them off balance. A light strike, however, will cause slight damage to the heart and cause them to cough of blood in addition to the previous effects. A power strike here will render them unable to breathe correctly for a full post, and throw them into a fit of coughing blood up.
- Trapezius: A pressure point halfway between the neck and the shoulder, this can actually be pressed to affect the whole body. A tap will cause the victim's body below the neck to fall asleep and become limp for a full second. A light strike will mimic the previous effect, yet also make it difficult to move over the next post. A power strike here will make the body fall limp for a full post after the strike.
- Sternum: This is a pressure point at the center of one's chest near the collar bone, and seems to weaken the body when pressed. A tap here will immediately reduce the victim's physical strength by twenty-five percent over the next post. A light strike will reduce it by fifty percent, and a power strike will reduce it by seventy-five percent.
- Chain Binding | Soul Sleep: These pressure points are at the back around the small of it, and directly effect the victim's Reiatsu. A tap in either of these places will disrupt the flow of spiritual energy and interrupting any techniques over the next three seconds. A light strike will take away their ability to utilize Reiatsu over the next post, and a power strike will double that to two posts.
- Center of Humerus, Inner Arm | Middle Top of Wrist: These are pressure points located on the arm, which when pressed render the arm particularly useless. A tap will paralyze the arm for a full post. A light strike will double the duration to two posts, while disallowing the victim from moving their fingers for the remainder of the topic. And a power strike will render it unusable for the duration of the topic.
- Front Center of the Neck | Under the Chin: Very sensitive pressure points located around the jugular, they comes with drastic effects when struck. A tap will do no more than force them to bite down hard, regardless of any tongue in the way. A light strike will have them coughing up blood and becoming disoriented over the next post. A power strike here is incredibly effective, sending them into a thirty-minute coma, or killing them instantly if they are powerless.
- Center of Forehead: A tap on this pressure point will cause temporary blindness over the next three seconds. A light strike here will cause the victim to fall asleep for three seconds. And a power strike will completely knock them out cold.
- Side of Head, Same Height as Forehead: This is a strange pressure point that directly relates to the brain. A tap here will cause the victim to blink, gaining double vision over the next post until it gradually disappears. A light strike here will cause a completely unrelated effect, causing them to forget the last three seconds immediately. And also unrelated is the effect of a power strike, knocking them into an hour-long coma in which their body is frozen in place (IE: Someone standing would be sleeping at the same time).
- One Inch Above the Pupil: This is a picky pressure point that only responds to light taps, and when pressed will cause temporary blindness in the eye below it for the remainder of the topic.
- Pressure Limit: Because of the effectiveness of this Dim Mak style, one can only take so many successful strikes and stay healthy. If during the span of a single day, a single person has ten of her Dim Mak points struck, then until they get a good night's rest they will have to deal with a violent and painful muscle spasm near the area struck most every certain interval of time (Once every four posts). Having fifteen points pressed will reduce the power of all the victim's abilities by twenty five percent, and increase the chance of having a muscle spasm (Once every two posts). Having twenty points pressed will make the victim sick with an unnamed sickness much like the flu, except it has them constantly coughing up blood (Once every three posts). It also will give them double vision, hearing as if underwater, incredibly numbed sense of touch, and completely nullified senses of taste and smell. The sickness will not part their body until they fall asleep, and once asleep they will fall into a week long coma to fully repair their body. Finally, if someone suffers twenty-five or more pressure points, they will immediately fall into a coma that will last anywhere from a week to a month, depending on the condition of their body when they enter the coma.
As captain of the 2nd Division and the Commander-in-Chief of the Onmitsukidō, Soifon is well-versed in Kidō. Though she commonly employs Shunpo and hand-to-hand fighting techniques, she is masterful in using Kidō to further her capacity in combat with certain Bakudo and Hadō abilities. Originally her main use of Kidou involved stealth or out-of-combat abilities for utility, though as she followed in her mentor's footsteps, she began to practice her Kidou more intensely. She became capable of utilizing binding and destruction spells up to 50 with no incantation at full power. Kidō 51-75 can be performed without an incantation at three-fourths the original power, while she can perform all other non-forbidden Kidō at one-half the original power without using an incantation. Past that, it is the Shunko where most of Soifon's training focuses on, the combination of Kidou and Hakuda to create a devestating elemental style.» Perfect Flash Cry:
This is an advanced form that combines hand-to-hand combat with Kidō, developed by Yoruichi originally, and learned by Soifon later. With this form, Soifon fights by surrounding her body with pressurized Kidō, taking on the wind attribute. The technique, in addition to heightening her speed, strength, and endurance by over ten times, grants her a massive amount of Reiatsu and a near perfect manipulation of the wind element. Lastly, the Kidō can act as an armor, using the dense current to stop enemy attacks in their tracks and even reflect them if they are weak enough. This form has been perfected over the recent centuries so that Soifon is capable of completely controlling its destructive power, and turning it on and off at will with ease. While active, each of Soifon's general skills are increased by one level. Once Flash Cry ends, these boosts are lost.
- Living Tempest: While using the Shunko form, massive gusts blast throughout the area that Soifon is merely present in, with the strength of a hurricane. These powerful winds are easily enough to disturb the flow of projectiles and make it difficult to move in, though Soifon will be ultimately unperturbed. Now as for the aura of the Living Tempest, it will immediately encompass an area of one kilometer around Soifon upon activation. For every post that she maintains the Shunko form in a row, the radius is increased by one kilometer, but this resets when released. This ability is passively enacted by the Shunko form without any effort on her part.
- Windforce: WIth wind enforcing Soifon's every movement, it is needless to say her attacks come with a much powerful kick to them while using Shunko. As she makes any strike, blasts of wind follow up subsequently, projecting outwards strongly with bone-breaking forces. WIth the power of up to 50,000 Newtons, blasts of wind accent and reflect the movements of Soifon herself, extending her range vastly. She could throw a punch out and hit a target one-hundred meters away due to the Windforce, as if she were right up in close quarters. Even the subtlest twitch can send out one of these waves of wind, but it must require movement in some form. Using windforce, Soifon can enhance her movement as well, altering her direction mid-trajectory and increasing her already impressive speed. Additionally, she can release a constant torrent of wind from her body like a beam, inducing hundreds of G-forces upon those caught in the five to fifty meter wide blast. Finally, using her sword, the waves caused by it will be sharpened, with all of the force focused into a very fine point or line.
- Overcharge: The wind Kidō swirling around Soifon's arm is massive enough to unleash raw and extreme discharges of wind that outright obliterate the area and any hapless enemies too close, utilizing a multitude of razor sharp blades of wind, following by an overwhelming concussive force. A full post where she focuses energy for the attack must pass, which can be heard by a high-pitched screech of air that slowly increases in volume. However, Soifon's capability to move and fight is in no way compromised by this charge. Only in the preceding seconds before the unleashing of the attack does her speed decrease dramatically. And then the wind explosion is released outward from her body, with the destructive power of a hydrogen bomb, decimating the landscape and shredding any misfortunate individuals caught in the blast zone. Of course the damage falls off with distance, but dont expect to make it out okay at close range if weaker in tier than Soifon by a single fraction. That's how powerful this is.
- Reiatsu Armor: The spiritual energy of this form is incredible enough that it serves as strong a defense as an offense. It naturally protects her arms and back where the energy bases, not letting attacks get within two inches of her flesh, and repelling said attacks with pressured Reiatsu. If attacks impacting the Reiatsu barrier are half the power of Flash Cry or weaker, Soifon can even reflect such an attack back at the sender. Lastly, due to the Kidō's wind nature, any wind-based attacks will not affect the armor or Soifon, simply being absorbed by the armor.
To have trained under the Flash Goddess set Soifon's mastery of Hohou in destiny. Though not as proficient as the Goddess herself, Soifon is one of the greater practitioners of the art alongside experts such as Byakuya and Shunsui, likely greater than either due to how close she was to Yoruichi. She actively uses her mastery of Shunpo techniques, and is highly proficient in evasion in close quarters, as well as from a distance, thus making hitting her almost impossible for all but the most advanced combatant. Her movements are so fast that few would be likely to see an attack by her take place. She can easily close tremendous gaps of distance in the blink of an eye while remaining undetected. She is unparalleled in the art, able to perform the technique almost effortlessly.
- Iaido: This is a specialized Shunpo technique which Soifon has recently developed after taking up the art of Zanjutsu once again. By concentrating the high-speed into the weapon arm, and using the utmost control and fluidity, Iaido can be used to chain together the drawing of the sword, a swipe of the blade, and the resheathing of the weapon all in one motion. If performed correctly with the Hohou, the entire procession can occur in the blink of an eye; yet Soifon is such a master of the art that it almost cannot be seen excepting for a small twitch of the hand and a infinitesimal shimmer of silver, and only to those with special visual powers. She does not need to perform the entire maneuver of unsheathing and resheathing, as this ability can be channeled with just one simple swipe of the blade.
- Senka: This is a specialized Shunpo technique where one curves their Flash Step to move behind the opponent from the other side, usally to directly attack and seal one's Chain Binding and Soul Sleep in two rapid attacks, or otherwise simply gain a better positioning. The movement is so fast that an opponent may not be able to tell whether he was attacked from the front or the back and even an outside observer may find it impossible to tell what the movements are.
- Shinmetsu: This is a specialized Shunpo technique in which the user utilizes the enhanced momentum of the Flash Step to launch a projectile such as a throwing knife, at incredibly high speeds. It increases the piercing power of any sharp object, or the blunt force of any dull object launched by this technique. It also increases the travel distance in addition. For most, it is hard to even tell that a projectile is heading their way before it has already hit them, due to the ridiculous speeds.
- Fuuhada: This is a specialized Shunpo technique in which one uses to dodge an attack without even seeming to move. In any case where an attack is about to hit Soifon, she can first dodge the attack with a Flash Step, and immediately return to her original position once the attack has flown through the space of her body and it is safe. The sequence of this move is so fast that it will look as though the attack would have gone right through her, with only a slight blur giving away her movement. Because this technique ends up returning to the origin point in a short amount of time, this will certainly not work against all attacks.
- Utsusemi: This is an advanced Flash Step ability that moves at such extreme speeds that the human mind and eye cannot comprehend the departure until a second after. To onlookers, an afterimage will appear, and when attacked the afterimage may even appear to have taken damage due to the mind filling the image in with what it believes should have happened, when in reality the user has already disappeared from that location.
- Kageresu Shissou: This is an advanced Flash Step ability which does not require more energy to utilize, but simply takes a considerable amount of skill to perform. It is a Shunpo with absolute silence, not allowing the swift steps of the high-speed movement to make but a sound. By keeping the treads as light as physically possible, Soifon can move from place to place stealthily and without drawing attention to herself. This is a technique specialized and suited for Onmitsukidō use, which is useful for special operations.
- Rourou Shissou: This is an advanced Flash Step ability in stark contrast of the Kageresu Shissou, meant not to be stealthy but completely disruptive. By collecting an increased amount of spiritual energy into the technique, Soifon can blast off with such visceral speed that it will create a high-pitched sonic boom through the battlefield, disrupting the inner ear of those too close to the origin, disorienting them, and pushing them away with the sheer force released by the move. Also, if this Shunpo is utilized on a destructible surface, a load of debris will be kicked up from the initial area. In the end, Soifon's speed will actually outrun the sonic boom to save herself from harming herself.
- Soku Bunshin: This is an advanced Flash Step ability that involves the user dashing between several set locations in a way that creates the illusion that there are multiples of that person. These clones exist for a short period of time, and are incredibly blurry and unfocused to any onlookers. Though each 'clone' appears for only a short time, each departure usually winds up with the creation of a new 'clone' somewhere else. A master of this ability can attack from these multiple positions seemingly at the same time, and dodge any counter attack aimed at them by simply flash stepping away. However, out of all the Shunpo techniques, this one is the most energy consuming. Soifon is one of the few who can maintain this ability for a relevant amount of time.
- Baibure-Shon Modo: Baibure-Shon Modo (Vibration Mode), is a state of being that Soifon can create by applying high speed movement to one, many, or all parts of her body and then by moving in place back and forth. This vibration is barely visible, but it can be detected by a low hum coming off from the vibrations. While in this state, Soifon will gain a small array abilities: The first of which is an increased resistance to certain attacks. By matching the speed of wave-based attacks such as sonic, wind, et cetera. She can completely cancel them out due to their nature. This mode can also resist physical attacks by softening them up with the vibrations before the full impact and settle through. Another ability granted by Baibure-Shon Modo is that it can also empower Soifon's Hakuda on the same note, increasing the kinetic energy behind her strikes.
- Superhuman Reflex: This is a passive ability, driven into her through her centuries of practice with the Hohou. Due to using the Flash Step so much, her reflexes have adapted to superhuman levels while performing the techniques, cancelling out the tunnel vision that would normally be caused by them. All five of her senses will be able to recieve information at incredibly enhanced speeds, and her nerve impulses will increase likewise to allow her to act more quickly as well. It is much like the state of increased perception one acquires when trading blows with a sword; immense, yet brief. These sensory boosts will only apply when Soifon is utilizing a Hohou technique.
Soifon is masterful in swordsmanship, usually only employing her Zanpakutō when facing a opponent with a drawn weapon. She is unique in that her fighting style is different from traditional styles. Soifon holds the blade horizontally in a reverse grip, using the blade like a large dagger with it pointed backwards towards the bottom of her gripping hand. All strikes are made by sweeping the arm forward, as though throwing a punch, while whipping the blade forward away from the arm quickly in a broad arc. She is quite adept at blocking with the blade in this manner as well. She also fights in the normal style masterfully, making her proficient in two variations of sword fighting.
» Immense Spiritual Power:
- Soul Burial: Every Shinigami with a Zanpakutō possesses this ability, and it is the process used to send Pluses stuck in the World of the Living to the Soul Society. A normal Plus can be easily transferred over by a simply tap on the forehead with the butt of the hilt. The Zanpakutō will place a strange stamp on the soul's forehead, judging them. If they were good people in life, they are brought to the Soul Society. However, those who have had their lives filled with acts of evil will be sent to Hell. Regarding Hollows, the Zanpakutō is capable of slicing through their masks to defeat them, thus purifying them of corruption and cleansing them of the sins committed while as a Hollow. Then, the judgment begins, deciding ultimately whether or not they will be sent to the Soul Society.
- Senkaimon: With Soifon's Zanpakutō as the tool, she is capable of opening the gates between the World of the Living and the World of Souls. With a thrust of her sword, the fabric of reality will be torn open to reveal a pair of Japanese Shoji doors, which when opened present a turbulent tunnel. At the other side of the tunnel is a similar set of doors, which open up to the destination. This ability can be adapted to travel to other realms, but only if Soifon has already been to the place before.
As a Captain of the Gotei 13, Soifon boasts a larger than normal amount of spiritual energy. To other high-level beings, it is merely a warning or signal of her reputation and power. However, to those much weaker than Soifon it in itself can end fights. Those far below her power level will hardly be able to stand when she fires off the pressure and they happen to be in the vicinity. Those moderately below her power level may find it hard to lay a scratch upon the women when she can use her spirit pressure to knock away spiritual attacks or weapons with her bare hand. Almost all Gotei 13 captains or similarly powerful beings share this ability. The difference with Soifon is just how easily, and well, that she can hide it. For the head of the Onmitsukido, the ability to completely conceal one's own spiritual signature is second nature, so that she cannot be detected by her foes. It is highly unlikely that any single being could sense her until she is within five meters of them, and even then, it requires a powerful sense to detect her.» Spiritual Sense:
As most Shinigami, Soifon has developed the capability to sense the presence of spiritual energy. And as a Captain, Yoruichi has advanced that skill. She now has the capability to detect the Reiatsu and the Reiryoku of all types of races from Quincies to Hollows to fellow Shinigami. She can see the spirit ribbons of other entities and use that to track the sources, and she can also fully sense bodies of Reiatsu that are close to her without needing to look in their direction. At her level, Soifon is practically immune to the offensive and psychological effects of Reiatsu as there is simply no existing power that so greatly encompasses hers that it will overwhelm her senses. It would require a theoretical god to achieve such. And lastly, the sense is deep enough to figure out certain qualities from the energy signature alone, such as the race of the being, power level, and any miscellaneous traits of the Reiatsu such as elemental alignment.» Flight:
Soifon, as any trained Shinigami has the ability to do, can move through the air in flight, freely controlling her movements. With the help of spiritual energy, she can also 'stand' in mid-air or push off of an invisible platform to propel her. There is no difference in Soifon's speed while in flight or on the ground, and that includes usages of the Flash Step. This requires almost zero energy to use.Onmitsukidō Commander-In-Chief:
Being on the top has its perks: As the leader of the Onmitsukidō, Soifon has her own set of underlings to command, though they are not in any way near her own level of skill. Granted she is in the Soul Society or she has brought some of her minions along with her to some other place, she can summon then into a fight with her as easily as drawing a blade. Onmitsukidō members show a 2-3 tier of power, are Shinigami but have not achieved their Shikai nor their Bankai. They are average at Hakuda and Kidō, but show above average skill with Hohou and Zanjutsu. Each has their own sealed Zanpakutō (Katana, Wakizashi, or Tanto), and moderate intelligence. They follow Soifon's commands to dot, and happen to be able to communicate with her through a specialized sign language. They are typically dressed in all black, even covering their faces with black fabric that reveals only the eyes. Each member can know any of the following abilities or possess any of the following weapons:
- Vulcan: This is a very precise application of Hakuda which involves a powerful chop to the back of the neck or head. To anyone with a brain, a direct strike of this caliber will create a jarring force that will rattle the victim's head a little too much. The brain, being damaged by this attack, will send the victim into a small coma for a limited time, effectively being incapacitated with a single strike. This technique should work even against defenses, as long as the target's head is jarred by the attack.
- Bakudo 1 - Block: This is the most basic Bakudo technique in the Shinigami arsenal, requiring no incantation and little energy. It locks a target's arms in place behind their back with Reiatsu, and can be released at the user's will. However, to those with an adequate amount of their own Reiatsu, it is merely a distraction, as they can overpower the technique in seconds.
- Bakudo 26 - Curved Light: This spell hides the user from sight, by bending light around them from every direction so that from any vantage it will appear as if nothing is actually there. The spell has the ability to totally hide the presence and Reiatsu of the user as well, and a master of the spell can even conceal others nearby at the same time. While still, this concealment is perfect, but there is a very slight warping if the user or any of those under this spell are moving. There is no incantation necessary for the usage of this ability.
- Bakudo 33 - Cloud of Darkness: This spell blocks out light in an area of approximately fifty feet in all directions from the user, making the area darker and more submerged in shadows to conceal their movements. However, this darkness does not hinder the vision of the user nearly as much as it does everyone else, who can barely see a foot in front of their nose while in this darkness. The area of effect moves with the user, so that it retains relevance even if the targets move outside the initial area of the spell. The incantation for this spell is, "Hide in shadow, erase all light, bring forth darkness upon thy foes. Bakudo 33, Cloud of Darkness."
- Bakudo 43 - Time Out Drop: This spell is cast by holding a palm over the target's face not a foot away from it, and begins emanating white light that will disorient and forcefully knock the target into unconsciousness within short time, for a short time. There is no incantation for this spell.
- Bakudo 58 - Trace-Catching Pursuit Sparrows: This spell simply requires the user to be able to recall the feel of a certain spiritual force, and when used allows them to instinctively track and locate the source the user focuses on. The incantation for this spell is, "Heart of the south, eye of the north, finger of the west, foot of the east, arrive with the wind and depart with the rain. Bakudo 58, Trace-Catching Pursuit Sparrows."
- Anken - Dark Blades: These are small knives the color of night, that the Onmitsukidō member hides in their apparel. They has practiced accurately launching them with jerks of their legs or arms. Due to the color of the blade, they give off no glint and are incredibly hard to see during the night or in dark areas. The blades of the knives are rounded with a minute enchantment of Reiatsu that completely ignores spiritual-based defenses. So for example, despite their size, they are capable of piercing Hierro with zero effort due to their nullification of the defense.
- Smoke Bombs: The smoke bomb is a small spherical bomb with a multitude of yellow strips wrapped around it. It is light and feels as though it is hollow. The ball itself is made of plastic, and the entire thing is one and a half inches in diameter. It explodes upon heavy impact (such as being thrown at the ground), releasing either a cloud of gray or white smoke that swiftly spans ten meters in every direction very swiftly, and expands a meter in diameter for each post after the initial. At the beginning of the fourth post, the smoke begins fading and completely disappears by the end of the post. Normal human eyes can see only one foot through the smoke, and if inhaled causes minor irritation of the throat. Primarily, this is used to hinder the vision of opponents or conceal themselves when performing an attack or maneuver.
- Steel Wire: Ninja Wire is an incredibly thin steel wire specially made for combat. It is nearly as thin as a human hair, making it very difficult to spot. However, it catches the light incredibly well, causing it to be one of the wire's main weaknesses. Despite this thinness, it is still durable enough to perform a variety of tricks such as rappelling, manipulating weapons, setting traps, or binding and restricting the movements of an opponent. A blade can cut through the wire, but it may take time to full sever a section, and raw strength is very ineffective against them.
Zanpakutō Spirit Name:
SuzumebachiZanpakutō Spirit Appearance:
Suzumebachi is one of the most petite Zanpakutō spirits among the Soul Society, only about seven inches in height and able to be enclosed withing Soifon's hand. She's almost like a fairy without wings, as she has the gift of flight and has a humanoid type of body. She possesses a figure and skin color similar to Soifon's, just sized down dramatically. Her face however is much softer around the edges and is much more expressive. She has reddish-brown hair done up in two long pigtails attached to a bun on both sides of her head, with bangs sweeping down on either side of her left eye. She also has particularly thick eyebrows for a female, sharing a color with her hair. To complete her face are a pair light pinkish eyes teeming with the energy of youth, for this creature does appear to resemble a young female only just entering her teens. As for clothing, if you can call it that, Suzumebachi wears a somewhat ineffective suit of armor that appears more for show than anything else. Around her feet, her groin, her upper arms, and over her breasts are gold-and-black striped pieces of armor, reminding onlookers of the patterns of bees. What makes this armor ineffective is the fact that pretty much every other area of her body is unadorned by any type of apparel. The only exceptions to that would be the white furred choker around her neck and the Shikai's golden stinger-like manifestation she wears over her arm as her primary weapon. Lastly, is the ever-present golden glow that permeates every particle of her body, which is bright, not anything blinding or painful to look at.Zanpakutō Spirit Personality:
Zanpakutō Spirit's World:
- Childish: Suzumebachi actually seems to have the mind of a youngling despite the length of her existence, and it doesn't seem to change. So this has a lot to do with the naivety and illogical thinking that she displays. She would rather choose play over work, and she would rather have Soifon's attention on herself rather than someone she believes it is wasted on, such as Yoruichi. And of course she has a completely biased opinion on men, thinking them worthless and thus worthy of nothing but her hate. In fact, she doesn't even like Soifon all too much for reasons such as her fashion sense or her seriousness. She thinks many things that she really shouldn't, because her young mind simply hasn't matured, and probably never will. However, like a child she seeks the company of an adult, or rather a parent. Soifon is like that guardian to her, and although Suzumebachi doesn't outright say it, she holds love for Soifon and a willingness to be her Zanpakutō.
- Playful: This is one of the traits of Suzumebachi that contrasts well to Soifon's seriousness; she is always trying to have fun with things. Even in the most dire of situations, she tends to make things entertaining for herself. Although it is not common, she'll turn things into a game if she is in a good mood. But if things get boring, and she can't find anything to alleviate the situation, then she gets the point fast or on some cases will flat out exclude herself from the situation to find something else. Messing with people is like a pastime for her, and she just has that enjoyable aura around her in and out of combat. She does tend to enjoy whenever Soifon gets in her softer mood, and she would like Yoruichi's playful self as well if it weren't for the woman's draw on Soifon. That's just jealousy speaking.
- Blunt: Suzumebachi has this rude antic of speaking her mind aloud about what should have stayed in thought form; for generally she loves to chatter about herself or things she dislikes (Her two favorite subjects). This makes her quite talkative as her thoughts generally reign free through her mouth. It also makes her a pretty damn honest person, because she really doesn't care about the consequences or backlash from the bad things she might utter. Forthright and expressive, Suzumebachi does not hide within her mind even if her words are harsh or critical; she'll gladly give her opinion whatever the worth of it or the subject. Let it be known though, that she is not incapable of hiding her thoughts away.
Welcome to Susanoo's Eye, Soi Fon's spirit world and Suzumebachi's vast home. It all begins at the gateway, Izanagi, atop a summit of a great mountain full of lush forest and wildlife. The gateway is delicately crafted from gray stone, with keyhole-shaped opening where the blue portal spins like a storm back to reality. There are two twelve-foot tall pillars with pyramidal spires on top, and curved eaves reminiscent of Chinese architecture. Blue energy seems to be teeming out of these pillars through the symbols and patterns etched into the stone. And lastly, there is something of a landing laid out in front of the portal, which has a set of stone stairs leading to the grassy field around the gateway. The only other structure in this world are the two massive spires not too far before the gateway, on either side of the singular path that leads down the mountain. These towers are circular, excepting the square roofing atop them that shares the same design as the pillars at the gateway. They also share the azure essence. Now aside from this starting point, it is clear that this area is incredibly mountainous, and yet there is much greenery to be found near and far as the eye can see, and beautiful blue skies that often display unexplained rainbows and contain a variety of birds flying through the air. That is, counting this singular mountain alone. Everywhere else in this world seems to be shrouded in mysterious fog and clouds so that not even the horizon is apparent. Trying to explore beyond the base of the mountain or to other mountains is possible, but for everytime Soifon returns to this world the terrain around the one familiar mountain changes even if she takes the same path over and over. There is no pattern to the randomizing world around this home mountain, and it is clear that Suzumebachi herself is afraid from leaving it to explore. Besides the simple wildlife, there doesn't seem to be any other intelligent life within this world.
Nigeki KessatsuShikai Appearance:
When Soifon releases the first stage of her Zanpakutō, the small Wakizashi evaporates into energy, and then wraps itself around her right forearm in the form of a bracer. As it solidifies, it shows to have become black metal, with iridescent golden strips wrapped around it diagonally, reminiscent of the patterns on a hornet. Then there is a "stinger" attached to the bracer by a fine golden chain, which fits perfectly onto Soifon's middle finger, extending the reach of it by twice as much with keen-edged metal. The stinger acts as a claw and can bend as the joints in her finger can. The back of this claw is angled but dull, while the inner angles of the claw are deathly sharp. It all sums up to a point at the end of the claw, reasonably so. Both the bracer and the stinger are capable of blocking attacks just like a normal sword would be able to.Shikai Abilities:
- Death in Two Steps: Nigeki Kessatsu, the ability that the Shikai is named after, is the primary ability of this released form. The blade has become enchanted with special Reiatsu, which allows it to mark a target for death, and be the tool of that target's destruction—the two step process. The first step is relatively easy, and only requires but the lightest cut or prick of an enemy's physical being. Doing so will create a butterfly-shaped stamp on the victim's body which bleeds through all fabric and outer-wear to show the jet black mark two inches in height and width. This is called the Homonka, or the Bee Crest Flower, and for all intents and purposes becomes a bull's eye for Soi-fon's next attack. This first strike is the opening, and at Soifon's will will remain upon the victim's body for as long as she pleases, with any attempt to remove it against her will failing. There also is no limit to the amount of these marks that Soifon can lay upon them. Now, the dangerous part comes into play when Soifon manages to strike close enough to the Homonka that the resulting stamp would overlap the existing one, thus completing the contract of Nigeki Kessatsu. The Suzumebachi will inject a specialized venom that spreads incredibly swiftly through the victims body through every single channel possible. And once it has spread until it cannot spread anymore, the victim will inevitably die. Their body will seem to implode as it is consumed by the Homonka mark, erasing every inch of their physical being and sending their soul along the next step of the Soul Cycle. This procession can be stalled by for a couple second or even minutes by those with higher power levels, but no matter what defense or countermeasure they attempt, they will most certainly be ended if Soifon succeeds.
- Marked For Death: Regarding those marked by the Homonka, their will be a few advantages gained for Soifon because of it. The first off is simple, which is the ability to accurately track the marked victim even if they can completely mask their Reiatsu. This allows Soifon to easily hunt down her targets and bring them to the grave. The second trick caused by the Homonka is a debuff to the victim that gets worse with each stamp placed upon them. For each Homonka on a single person, the slower their reflexes will become—not their speed or strength, just reflex. The initial strike of the Suzumebachi against an unmarked area will actually inject a very minor amount of venom, and this venom will damage the nerves of their physical body. So, for each mark, the slower these nerves send their signals to the brain and back; each one tacks on a tenth of a second delay to the reflexes.
- Increased Soul Power: As Soifon unseals this Shikai form, she will see an increase of her speed, strength, reflex, endurance, and overall power of her abilities by three times as much while using the unreleased Zanpakutō. Additionally, the immense Reiatsu concentrated in the blade itself will drastically increase the piercing power of the weapon by six times, with armor-piercing capabilities. This is a passive ability that continuously empowers Soifon without any effort on her part, besides keeping the Shikai active.
- Counter Poison: Strangely enough, the same venom Soifon uses to carry out Death In Two Steps can also be used as a counter-poison by injecting it into herself. With just a subtle change in Reiatsu, it allows it to target and eradicate hostile and foreign objects within her body, including shrapnel and other toxins. It can also purge her of negative status effects that may be hindering her in some way, but only if the venom can accurately target the cause and destroy it.
Jakuhō RaikōbenBankai Appearance:
Unleashing the Hornet Thunder Whip transforms the petite gauntlet of Nigeki Kessatsu into a massive golden missile launcher that encases Soifon's arm in thick iridescent metal that doubles the width of her arm. The casing actually goes all the way up over her shoulder like a pauldron, upon which a face shield sits with a small horizontal slit for the eyes to see through. When preparing to fire, Soifon will turn her body to aim the weapon, causing the shield to cover the right side of her face in the process. The actual missile rests mounted on the back of the forearm, aimed by straightening out her arm and pointing it in the desired direction. The missile alone easily doubles Soifon's height with its length, has a pointed tip and an open barrel at the back where the rocket exhaust shoots out of. Black markings are painted in various places around the missile and the launcher, again resembling the colors of a hornet.Bankai Appearance:
- Kensaigo: From the design alone, anyone can tell that this Bankai has only one use, and is most certainly not a blade. It is a last resort, not relying on tricks that can be used consistently, nor on increasing Soifon's combat capabilities. All resources all pulled into one single move, and that is the Kensaigo. Jakuhō Raikōben is an artillery weapon, which fires a massive missile from the base of the armored casing. When Soifon acquires her target, several fins sprout out of the missile, and the rocket at the back is ignited at her will, sending the projectile flying off at high speed towards the target. A payload of massive spiritual power is contained within the bombshell, so that when it hits its target... it will ignite into a colossal explosion that outright obliterates enemies within a massive five-hundred meter far radius. If the designated target is tagged with a Homonka, this missile will automatically home in onto the target with surprising air control, and will explode once it gets within ten or less meters of it. It can travel an impressive mile long distance on its own power, at speeds of up to five-hundred meters per second. As for defending against this—its almost impossible to succeed, excepting Tachi. This attack is a reflection of Soifon's Reiatsu level, fatal to all but the most powerful and only if they use their most powerful defense—even then it is unlikely they will be able to continue to battle. Unfortunately, because of the raw power of Kensaigo, use of the attack is extremely limited. Firing this weapon is extremely taxing on Soifon's spiritual power. Through rigorous training of repetition and conditioning, she has steadily increased her capability to fire the projectiles. Initially she could only safely fire one missile per day. But now, she can fire up to five at full power, and every ten posts she gets the chance to regenerate what is essentially another round of ammunition for her missile launcher. Attempting to use this weapon past her soft limit will come at the sacrifice of her health. It will immediately reduce the effectiveness of all her power by half, and make her body somewhat brittle. Another after that will further reduce her power to one-eighth of normal, and make it difficult to do simple things such as even standing up straight. She will receive several physical wounds all over her body, and need a weeks rest before she can return to a healthy state. And if she at all attempts to fire another missile while in that state, it will go, but at the cost of her life. Five minutes after the attack, her life will inevitably be ended by sacrificing too much of her Reiatsu to the weapon.
- Tachi: This is a secondary form of the Jakuhō Raikōben, which is meant to be used sequentially after Kensaigo. Once the missile is launched, Soifon can transform the casing into a giant circular metal shield that projects a spherical forcefield around her body. The shield has the Homonka insignia upon the front, and the forcefield is very translucent, only showing a dim golden glow. The actual shield is very thick and hard to penetrate thanks to the condensed Reiatsu, but is somewhat heavy and hard to tote around effectively. The forcefield itself does not protect Soifon from anything except the blast from Kensaigo alone, granting her a reprieve from self-destruction in that method anyways, though holding the blast at bay does take a good deal of energy, thus making it more effective to move outside the blast radius if possible.
- Kenhae: This tertiary ability of Soifon's Bankai was added into the form as a sort of evolution of her abilities, granting her a means to fight with the unwieldy weapon without having to unleash one of her precious missiles. From the sides of the launcher itself are several circle-shaped ports barely large enough to fit a finger through. At will, she can release flurries of miniature rockets from these ports, in storms of dozens to hundreds. They glow brightly with a golden sheen, and a golden trail. At speeds of five-hundred meters per second, these little projectiles will home in on where Soifon aims her Bankai, as though an invisible pointer laser was streamed out of the tip. They are not entirely accurate however, rather using an overwhelming amount of rockets to rain hellfire in a general area than strike with any degree of precision. Each projectile detonates with a ten meter explosion of the same fiery energy released from the Kensaigo. These rockets are of course deadly if they hit a person directly, but cause lesser damage with the splash of the explosion.
- Durability: Advanced
- General Speed: Grand Master
- Strength: Advanced
- Weapon Skill: Master
- Hoho: Grand Master
- Kidō: Advanced
- Zanjutsu: Master
- Hakuda: Master
- Willpower/Determination: Master
- Mental Deduction: Master
- Pain Endurance: Master
- Focus: Grand Master
Last edited by Dexterity on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waifu War Veteran
Joined : 2012-11-04
Posts : 1148
Karma : 18
Age : 25
|Subject Post 3Subject: Re: Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku] Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:58 pm|| |
Forsaken Crow gave the permissions to use this character, and I'll try to get him to post here saying so.
Joined : 2012-05-29
Posts : 2975
Karma : 23
Age : 28
|Subject Post 4Subject: Re: Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku] Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:05 pm|| |
It's all good, I gave the ok for it given my situation I can't my little Bee her love so I'm happy someone else can.
Rower of Rock. And Souls.
Joined : 2011-03-03
Posts : 4767
Karma : 80
Age : 22
Location : , Location, Location!
|Subject Post 5Subject: Re: Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku] Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:08 pm|| |
- Name [X]
- Appropriate Age [X]
- Gender [X]
- Appearance Present [X]
- Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
- Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
- 10 sentences for personality [X]
- History is of appropriate length [X]
- Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
- Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
- Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
- Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]
- RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
- RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]
- Willpower/Determination: Master
- Mental Deduction: Master
- Pain Endurance: Master
- Focus: Grandmaster
Comments/Notes: Approving. Plz dun stab our lungs from two sides. Plz.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
Waifu War Veteran
Joined : 2012-11-04
Posts : 1148
Karma : 18
Age : 25
|Subject Post 6Subject: Re: Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku] Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:00 pm|| |
Posting here to let others know I've added the skill sheets in, and modified them slightly from before. Durability is lowered from master to advanced, Weapon Skill is increased from advanced to master, and Hakuda is lowered from grand master to master.
Waifu War Veteran
Joined : 2012-11-04
Posts : 1148
Karma : 18
Age : 25
|Subject Post 7Subject: Re: Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku] Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:00 pm|| |
I'll be dropping Sui Feng here, and no longer will be her owner. However, I do hope that this application will remain as I put hard work into it. So, put it up in unclaimed canons and take my name off the list please.
The Hybrid King
Joined : 2011-06-06
Posts : 2249
Karma : 12
Age : 21
Location : Columbus, Ohio
|Subject Post 8Subject: Re: Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku] Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:05 pm|| |
-Salute- Moved to Unclaimed Canons
Joined : 2011-02-25
Posts : 2086
Karma : 31
Age : 22
Location : Nowhere
|Subject Post 9Subject: Re: Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku] Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:08 am|| |
Gonna be going for Soi Fon, and posting my RP sample just below.
Hot days are the worst. No matter how hard you tried to cool yourself down, you ended up zapped of energy just by walking outside. This was especially problematic for many people within the Gotei whom were forced to undertake missions or combat on these days. For those within the Omnitsukido, these missions were almost a constant battle with stealth and field supersizes, something that Soi Fon was very adamant about teaching her division members. For most people, they'd have already drank ten bottles of water, the hot sun beating down on all Omnitsukido trainees around her. The second division leader was not one to be held down by the heat however, whilst people were gasping for air and trying to rest, Soi Fon didn't even break a sweat. Discipline, strength and above all else commitment - these were the lessons she was trying to teach the trainees before her. She stood atop a large waterfall overlooking a forest within Seireitei, hundreds of trainees below her gasping for air and trying to jump into the large river the waterfall fell into. "You don't have time for breaks."
Within the blink of an eye, Soi Fon had disappeared from the top of the waterfall and appeared on the ground level with the rest of the Omnitsukido trainees. Within a seemingly single swipe, five trainees were instantly knocked onto their backside - slamming into the ground with a large thud and sending a cloud of dust into the air. With a sneer of disgust on her face, Soi Fon looked down upon her trainees and yelled with a strong voice. "You need to be quick, vigilant, and strong enough to not get knocked on your ass so quickly." With another swift motion, four more troops were knocked onto their backside within the blink of an eye; every time someone looked to be slacking off they were met with a swift leg to the back of their knees. "Jeez the trainees these days are so lazy." A playful voice echoed throughout the surrounding forest, and by the time it ended, all of the trainees had been knocked to the ground and whimpering in pain, standing atop of the waterfall now appeared to be a familiar face to Soi Fon, Yoruichi. With a soft smile, Soi Fon walked around and helped a few soldiers up before replying in kind, "...well, we can't all be as good as me back in the day."
"I'm surprised, you haven't insulted me yet, what? Don't you love me any more?" A small smirk crossed the woman clad in orange, slightly sticking her tongue out in a joking fashion. With a single shunpo, Yoruichi appeared right before Soi Fon. Widening her eyes slightly, Soi Fon quickly struck at her face with a bunch, only to be matched with another limb blocking her strike. Faster than the eye could see, they traded back and forward for a few moments before bursts of dust could be seen exploding in the vicinity, clashing each other at amazing speeds and using both shunpo and amazing speed to battle across the landscape; kicks, punches and explosions of reiatsu being met. As the trainees watched on, they could see nothing but the environment shifting around them and even laughs of joy as they got closer and closer to the original starting point. Within moments, they had stopped traveling faster than the eye and started bursting out laughing together. Soi Fon cleared her throat and turned back to her recruits, smiling and signaling them to salute her. She was overcome with a sense of pride as they saluted her, being reunited with her former teacher at this point in time was something she had missed. She hadn't seen her in a long time, and the one time she does visit, is during training. Perhaps they could use their skill and techniques to discuss and train the troops together, so so Soi Fon wished. "I don't suppose you'd want to beat these guys into shape, the weather seems to be keeping them down."
After rigorous hours of training and combat with the trainees, they had stopped and had a moment to themselves. After sending the recruits back to their encampment, the two old friends sat atop of the same waterfall outside the limits of Seireitei; smiling and sharing old stories. "Where have you been, anyway? I haven't seen you in so long." With a tap of her fingers on the rocks below, Soi Fon looked over the waterfall in sadness. Many thoughts came back to her mind and whilst she normally expressed herself as a leader and professional, this was one of the very few times that she could relax and reminisce with an old friend. Whilst she had a very tough time showing a more social and relaxed side, it was easy when she was around an old friend such as Yoruichi. It didn't matter what had happened in the past, and maybe she would have been angrier if she didn't have the time to think on what happened. She was just happy to finally be in the presence of an old mentor and friend again. She was the last person to ever be on par with Soi Fon in terms of speed and agility in general. The two fastest and secretive people within the Gotei at the time.
"A little bit of everywhere, to be honest. It's not often you find yourself with enough time to visit an old friend." Soi Fon looked at her and could see the smile on her face, clearly she had truly missed her. "Why did it take so long? I thought I'd be angrier, yet..." The Omnitsukido's voice was clearly filled with sadness, it didn't matter if she turned herself into a monster throughout all these years, she knew she always had a friend in Yoruichi. It wasn't a relationship one could easily find, it was about time they rekindled it. "So why now? Is there not a reason you're coming back to me?" She sounded sad. "After everything that's happened in the world, I... don't really need a reason to visit you, Fon. Isn't being a friend enough for you?"
"I don't see you for years on end and now you show up. Sorry for being so hesitant, but you're not someone I expected to see ever again." A veil of silence fell over them, Soi Fon quickly attempted to hide her sadness, to rid herself of those past thoughts. She looked up, looking Yoruichi in the eyes. As they looked into each others eyes, Yoruichi suddenly stuck her tongue out and scrunched up her face in a silly expression. Breaking the silence immediately, Soi Fon let out a loud laugh, almost as if she was like a kid again.
"Hey, let's go meet up with everyone. They'll have missed you."
Joined : 2010-06-03
Posts : 16633
Karma : 206
Age : 25
Location : Purgatory
|Subject Post 10Subject: Re: Suì-Fēng [APPROVED, 0-3+] [Teitoku] Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:03 am|| |
«REVIEWING THREAD NOW»
RP Sample seems legit. Now, I'll approve you, but I'll be expecting a new Sui-Feng profile in the process just to see how committed you are to it. Try to get that up within the month and you can sitll RP her as a trial.
|Top posting users this week|
|Top posting users this month|
The link to our affiliate page is on our button below.
Our affiliates bar is always open!