|We have 2689 registered users|
The newest registered user is inuyashaslvr
Our users have posted a total of 129972 messages in 19770 subjects
Naomi Miyake [Approved 0-3+]
Waifu War Veteran
Joined : 2012-11-04
Posts : 1169
Karma : 18
Age : 26
|Subject Post 1Subject: Naomi Miyake [Approved 0-3+] Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:29 pm|| |
THE SLEEPING BEAST
Naomi Miyake-Hogosha» Age:
Six Feet, Eight Inches (201 centimeters)» Weight:
163 pounds (74 kilograms)
It's an odd thing to say, but Naomi's most prolific personality trait—the defining aspect of her being—is her attraction to sleeping. Yes, her greatest love apart from her own family is slumber, as it brings her some of the greatest comfort available in the world to her, and allows her to lose herself in the fantasies of her dreams. She has such an affinity for sleep that can enter it at will, irregardless of the time or the position. She is a lucid dreamer, one who can almost completely control the flow of her dreams and create any scenario she wishes within them. So, of course sleeping is an attractive option to her, and she takes as much time as she can wasting the day away like so, leaving others to imagine what is going on in that head of hers. It is more than easy enough to put Naomi to sleep, as she can be lulled gently or knocked out to dreamland with a bop on the head. Even just the sight of someone else enjoying sleep will cause her in turn to get tired. And once dozing, it can be hard to get her to wake as she is a very deep sleeper.
Lazy is another word that can apply to Naomi although it is more a part of her desire to sleep than any lack of motivation. When the time counts, Naomi will put her effort into it, and even has bouts of extreme hyper-activity. But usually when the choice has to be made between having fun or going to bed, she'll choose the former quite easily; her hobby is sleep. So, leaving things up to Naomi is not always the smartest idea, especially when it's easy for her to doze off in the process as is with monotonous work. She'll gladly take any opportunity to nod off, so it is very important for others to make her understand that it is necessary for her to take care of something, and repeat it to her, so that she makes the effort to finish it. Even in deadly fights, Naomi may find it hard to finish it out and just fall asleep if its too difficult, unless told otherwise. Naomi moves at a slow pace, with many breaks in between, and that can be difficult to deal with for others. But, that's just how she is, and how she's always been.» Attachment:
This was a trait that Naomi was taught as she was raised, and it was etched rather deeply into her while she grew up. After all, she grew up very closely with her two sisters, Kokoro and Kimiyo, as the eldest of them. The seed was planted in her mind by her parents and she never let it wither, so it became something beautiful. Naomi is a person who can grow attached to someone, and once she does, develops a great loyalty very easily. She possesses a will to protect them down to the wire, and fight for them with all her might. Their choices and actions, as well as the factors that affect them, control Naomi's emotions. Whatever happens to them deeply affects her and sets her off more than one would expect. And of course, naturally, she will love them strongly to the point where she is willing to do anything for them. The best examples of this are her sisters, as Naomi sets it upon herself to look over them, and protect them when danger threatens them even if they can handle themselves. Any harm that comes to them will cause her to snap, entering her primal state of rage in order to punish the causation of that harm. And, even if they hate her in return, and do horrible things, she will stay loyal to her family as she was raised to and always has. Even if their path leads to crime and wrongdoing, she will join to make sure that at the least they have someone to watch over them. The obvious flaw in Naomi's thinking is that when it comes to choosing between two of her loyalties. and they are heading in opposite directions. She despises making that choice, often just getting confused and trying to bring them back in line with each other. However, her lack of forcefulness gets the best of her most times.
Yet one more quirk of Naomi's personality is her tendency to get a little too
attached, even to her sisters. While she was sleeping so much of her life away, she must have missed the lesson about controlling one's own desires. Naomi gravitates magnetically to her attachments and grows very affectionate with them, far beyond the boundaries of friendship. If she finds a person she likes enough to get attached to, she doesn't hold herself back from kissing them and holding onto them. It is very childlike the way that she does it, almost innocently, though she is very aware of her sexuality. If another person—one who she has not become attached to—tried to take advantage of her, she would utterly destroy them. It's only when it comes to her select few that she just doesn't mind getting close to them, and this includes her sisters. Naomi is excessively affectionate, and others just have to get used to the random kisses and bites she gives out, for that is her way of showing that she's grown attached.» Childlike:
Naomi is supposed to be the eldest sister of the Big Three, but she doesn't act her age whatsoever, behaving more closely to an adolescent child. The theory is that she'd spent so much time sleeping that her mind has developed slower than it should in order to match the body. While the idea seems preposterous, it truly seems like Naomi is a young girl in an older women's body, from her speech to her attitude. She is not a literate person, and does not know many words: Most of the complicated ones will simply fail to register in her mind, because she never learned them. In addition, the way she speaks is just as childish, albeit somewhat adorable. She draws her words out cutely, openly displaying her happiness when she likes something, or whining when something doesn't go her way, or simply speaking slowly because she's sleepy at any given moment of time. Naomi is not a very complex person, and can be said to be naive in regards to any situation. She doesn't have the experience to gain wisdom nor intelligence, and is more than easily fooled. She can be amused with little to no effort, for something as small as calling her cute or giving her a tiny stuffed animal could do the job, and possibly get her to become attached to you that very moment. And rather than deal with things maturely, Naomi would prefer to just ignore them and wish they'd take care of themselves. There are a lot of issues that are beyond her understanding, and these issues of adult life are far and away from Naomi's point of view. She is just like a child in that way.» Snap!:
The antithesis to Naomi's laxness; the one "exception" to her personality: She is a sleeping beast who others should not dare awaken. When someone she's attached to becomes threatened, or if she is let loose by someone she is close to, she will enter a state unbecoming of her. The process of "snapping" is Naomi shaking off her exhaustion, opening those piercing verdant eyes, and becoming a monster. In this state her vision blurs, which doesn't make it that hard to see outlines, but provides difficulty in telling friend from foe. She goes on a rampage until something stops her or she can't continue any longer, attacking everything in sight while letting loose primal screams. Only in this state can the strongest emotions of Naomi's rage and sadness be seen, and they are terrifying. She does have very minor control over herself like this, but mostly just allows herself to give in to her instinct and let loose.
Naomi has the body of a true woman; healthy, strong, and matured. It is the boon of the Miyake genes that such physical perfection exists in the women of the family. She stands above the rest of her gender, six feet and eight inches into the air. She has nearly natural proportions, though her arms and legs are definitely longer than the feminine template. Her body is slender, attractively so, and lacking any superfluous fat. In this way, she possesses an lean athlete's body. Not an inch of bulk steps out of bounds, except for where it would instead be seen as attractive; where it is most important, one could say. With a bust measurement of one-hundred centimeters, waist measurement of fifty-nine, and hip measurement of eighty-nine, Naomi adorns some of the most appealing curves possible on a woman. It is especially her breasts that have developed to prodigious level—impossible for others to ignore, especially when Naomi is so oblivious about it. There is no mark or scar to be discovered beneath her clothes, as flawless creamy white skin covers every breadth of her body. This holds true even upon her face, where a pleasant expression can almost always be seen. A wide mouth that is colorful as her emotions, contrasted with a petite nose. Her eyes are often closed as she is usually either sleeping or on the verge of sleep. Rarely do they open, but hidden behind her lids are some of the most vibrant green eyes, like shining emeralds unearthed. Her hair is long and straight, reaching below her waist like a waterfall of light blue. She has a full set of bangs covering her forehead and often getting in the way of her eyes, with two characteristic locks on either side that often fall over the front of her shoulders and tease her collarbone. She true specimen of flourishing beauty and attraction, true to her family's genetics.
Though it may look plain, Naomi's outfit is signature to her, defined majorly by the black vest that is incapable of containing her bust, and thus forcing the zipper over halfway down to reveal the plain white tank-top underneath. Her pants are of the same uniform and consequently the same color as the vest, standard as far as pockets and zippers go. They're loose around the lower legs, but firm against her hips. A dark blue belt is tethered around her waist to hold the jeans to her athletic frame, causing slight wrinkles in the hem, though nothing too ostentatious. Naomi wears black sneakers made less for true athleticism and more for casual comfort. Besides needing to be manually tied tight and having flexible rubber soles, they don't stand out much. Where the jeans end and the shoes being, though, there is a small gap where Naomi's white socks can be seen, and they continue upward against her legs underneath the pants. The only remaining notable aspect of Naomi's apparel is the blue-grey sweater that she should be wearing over her upper body, but instead ties around her waist by the sleeves. It helps to have it there just in case, for cold days or perhaps just a pillow.
In some of the most rare of chances in the process of birth, some one in every thousand generations of a single family line, the odd occurrence of a mutation takes place. It is a distortion of one's genetics, permanently set from the point of conception until death. Often times this transformation is small and harmless, nothing more than say... a change from a natural hair color to a rich oceanic blue. Other times, it is for the worst, perhaps incapable of being supported by the human genome, resulting in death. But perhaps the most uncommon of all, is a large-scale mutation that completely rewrites what others understand of the human body. Evolution, as one scientist has put it; mutations that allow human beings to transcend previously set limits, birthing new bloodlines of power. Each great family today has gone through this transformation, giving supernatural power to entire family trees. The Miyake family is one of such ancestries, who would be live to modern day to become known as the Family of Strength. To this day, every female along the line has achieved powers with no exception, and the most common theme among them has been inhuman strength. The males may or may not have also achieved some sort of gifts, but have always been outshone by the other side of the family.
True to Miyake, the family was composed of three houses that all were known as "Miyake." Though, the individual houses each had their own name known among other members of the family. Shuryou was the head of the three houses, as the legends of the Miyake family have always come from their shrines, and it was also the house of the Miyake's founding father. Following Shuryou was Hogosha, the shield of the Miyake family, or more literally the "Guardians." The Hogosha were created originally to protect the uppermost house of the Shuryou, and breed warriors of the utmost caliber. Over time, the tradition has softened, but the same ideals remain the same. Those of the Hogosha house are raised to protect the Miyake lineage, and consistently produce powerful warriors. Finally, the Koden branch of the family are the last house, primarily focused on maintaining the past of the Miyake family. While the Shuryou lead the way for each new generation of the family, it is up to those of the Koden to make sure that their beginnings are not forgotten along the way. Here is where the wiser, more intellectual members of the family are born; though, that is not to say that it lacks strength.
The Miyake family has been like this for ages, and a careful balance between the three houses within has been maintained with a system of checks and balances. Each part has a strength over another in some way. With that in place, the three houses has kept peace, build bonds even through the roughest of times, and remained a powerful, outstanding family in the world of the living. In modern day, every generation the three houses each offer up a child that represents their strength, the best among their youth. Those three grow up together as sisters, and as avatars. Through this, the bonds between one another grow stronger, and it also shows the world just what the Miyake family is made of. However, this generation
, something incredible stirred within the bloodlines. It occurred throughout all three houses; a miracle child was born with capability beyond what the Miyake could have ever imagined. This abnormality was more than just inhuman, it was an act of god. It was like another step on the stairs of evolution: A mutation just like the one that had formed the family in the first place. It was the fact that one such child from each house had advanced at the same time that was the most shocking. With pride, Kimiyo Miyake of the Shuryou house, Naomi Miyake of the Hogosha house, and Kokoro Miyake of the Koden house were put forth as the avatars of this generation. A new era was to begin with them.» Raising the Shield:
The training grounds of the Hogosha shrine were often a mess after the monks decided to start training little Naomi in the ways of martial arts. The big question was truly whether or not the child even needed training, and most people who saw her in action and were asked would say "No." It was almost tragic how terribly the monks had been defeated the first time they tried to spar with her, taking it easily as they would any other initiate to their dojo. Several people were hospitalized as they took a beating from Naomi's monstrous strength, underestimating what they had been told about her potential. They were swung around and tossed about like dolls, and there was excessive collateral damage to the seemingly formidable structures of the dojo. It was hard to teach Naomi much when she could so easily defeat any opponent just through brute force, and many lessons were lost upon her due to her lack of focus and tendency to sleep too often. The girl's potential was stressed over and over again by the Hogosha elders, who couldn't have asked for a better clay to mold. Such power, refined, could lead to incredible achievements within the family and even amongst the world. The idea wasn't wrong, it was just... difficult to teach her.
Naomi's mother spoiled her very much, in contrast to the rigorous training that the elders tried to force upon her. Of course, she was against the decision to train her daughter at such a young age, despite the role of the Hogosha family, for such things were unprecedented in the history of the Miyake. Naomi was the eldest daughter of the miraculous trio, and so she was first to be put into lessons by the shrine only because the other two girls were too young. The entire ordeal struck Naomi's mother as unfair, but it was not something she could fight. The decision had been made and agreed upon among all three houses of the family, that upon age seven, the chosen daughter of her respective house would be pushed into training. So, she fought against it in other ways, letting Naomi get away with her lazy antics and raising her with the utmost care. She was easy on her girl, forsaking some of her lessons when the training was rough on her. The bond between mother and daughter was strong.
That did not mean the most significant lesson of all was disposed: Naomi's mother made sure that the Hogosha's place was known. Naomi could listen to her mother easily, and absorbed what she had to say easier than anyone else due to their bond. She was taught how the Hogosha have always protected the rest of the Miyake family with their lives, and that they had to be risen as warriors to fulfill that duty. So long as that was done, the three houses could live in harmony, and it has never failed them in the past. Immediately, the youth would not understand, but she would remember when the time came. What mattered, her mother would tell her, was that she at the very least had to grow strong, to defeat any who would oppose the Miyake family. She had to grow strong so that she could protect the people important to her. It was a little push, but it helped; Naomi would try to take in the words and maneuvers of the monks and learn at her own pace.
In the coming years, Naomi would improve herself, but not nearly as fast as the elders would have liked it. It was when one of the matriarchs had begun to wear away from old age, reduced to their bed, that tempers flared. Stress had always brimming near the top with the general viewpoint that they were the worst off of the three Miyake houses, without the power that came with the Shuryou nor the wisdom and intelligence of the Koden to make up for it in other ways. They had strong warriors, but strong warriors were not very valuable in times of peace. More than that, it was not as if the other houses didn't have powerful characters as well, sometimes even outshining the strength of the Hogosha. They wanted Naomi to be the catalyst to their success in this new generation, giving her a headstart in training as she was the eldest, and committing their best resources to her. They wanted results, but progress with her was slow. The sickness that fell upon the matriarch was like an alarm bell, showing that time was passing and yet Naomi was not too much better off than when she started. This frustration leaked out within the Hogosha house, reaching even as far as Naomi's household and dragging her mother into it. There were many internal disputes, but Naomi didn't understand it at all; she just wished the yelling would stop. When it didn't, she would force herself to sleep, where she could escape it.
Around this time also, both Kokoro and Kimiyo would be beginning their training as well. This added onto the anger flourishing throughout the house as yet another reminder, and it was getting more and more difficult for the calm minds to prevail. There were those who would have Naomi pushed harder than any other member of the shrine ever has been, reasoning that she is too tough to respond well to the normal regimen. Many people argued against this as the alternative procedure was unjust in their eyes, but the counter-argument was that Naomi couldn't be treated like any of her predecessors; they needed to be harder on her in order to make progress. Naomi's mother, and those who sympathized with her, defended against this ruling for as long as they could, but in the end the alternative regimen was passed with the backing of the house's elders. Naomi was taken from her household to live in the shrines of the monks, and her hours of training were increased two-fold. She was still a child, but she was not being treated as one. As they tried force her into a pace she was not comfortable with, the amount of injuries sustained by her mentors began to steadily rise. Of course this was worrisome, but the elders urged the monks to continue on, for the sake of the Hogosha and its duties. Rewards of wealth were promised to those who were able to advance the furthest with the miracle child.
Greed seemed to drive the decisions of the house now; the greed of the elders pushing Naomi before she was ready, and the greed of the instructors trying to force progress for the sake of monetary gain. Naomi could not understand what was going on around her, only that the people she looked up to had suddenly become mean and rough with her. Sometimes they would get angry and yell, and sometimes they would strike out at her and cause her pain. She didn't like it and would sometimes hit back, but that usually made things even worse. Worst of all was that she couldn't see her mother anymore, and despite how much she called for her, she wouldn't come to see her. It was sad and lonely, and caused Naomi to go to sleep to dream away the somber reality. But... even sleeping would sometimes get the monks angry, and they would wake her up by force. Every day the stress and the sadness within her would grow, and she couldn't make it go away. The elders, who could only see Naomi in terms of a weapon for the Hogosha, did not treat her as a child. They could not see her feelings, nor tension that was building up just underneath the surface.
When still the goings of Naomi's training seemed to slow for the tastes of the elders, they would come to the shrine's grounds themselves to oversee the youth's instruction in person. With pompous attitude, they directed the monks to work her harder and harder, placing Naomi in unforgiving situations where in order for her to escape them, she would need to learn or otherwise suffer. With each failure, they ordered punishment upon the girl, seemingly ignorant of the tears that streamed from her eyes. What they were going for was a breakthrough; they wanted to force her into the next stages of her development. They manipulated her emotions of sadness and anger, waiting for the point where she would give in to the feelings and use them to fuel her power. It was a crude but effective method, and unfortunately for them, they would get exactly their wish. Naomi, who was but a child, could no longer take the repeated punishment from the monks. With a flurry of emotion, she finally snapped, letting out a primal roar as her eyes opened fully, brimming with tears. At first, it seemed like this was exactly what the elders were looking for, and they appeared proud of themselves. Then, they watched as Naomi used the anger and sadness, and with the power of a monster, she began to attack her mentors without hesitation. Everyone in the vicinity would be broken and flung away, with the sounds of bones breaking and screams of pain. The elders, too, seemed to have forgotten that they were in the same area as the monster they just unleashed, and were far too old to flee. When their guards were disposed of like trash, they reaped what they sowed, and Naomi attacked.
Suddenly the homestead of the Hogosha was on full alert, as Naomi rampaged through the streets without reserve. Not one of the members of the house was strong enough to halt her march of destruction, and they would reluctantly reach out to external powers to come help stop this calamity. Both of the other two houses figured that they would not be able to send anyone to help, as neither Kimiyo nor Kokoro were ready. Instead, a man from the outside known as Sagumi Sumashuu was enlisted to end the rampage. Not much was known about him, besides that he was exceptionally powerful. With his help, Naomi was finally put down with relatively minor difficulty, reminding everybody just how powerful the world outside their family was. She was out cold and sleeping safely in her own home now, with her mother watching over her in a melancholy mood. When the report came in, it told that several of the elders and many of the monks had been killed as a result of Naomi's rampage. Dozens more were critically injured and it was questionable whether they would be able to live normally after this point again. It was a tragic day, and hopefully a wake up call to the Hogosha house.» The Big Three:
Proceeding that day, the other two houses would no longer allow the Hogosha house to reign free with Naomi, for several elders who were part of the cause of this catastrophe still lived on. There was a tilt in power due to the deaths, and the truth of what happened being revealed to the others. The Shuryou house called for a council among the three houses to decide what should be done about this, and because of the lack of elders at the head of the Hogosha, they would have less voting power when the time for the council came. As a result of the summit, it was decided that Naomi Miyake no longer be under the tutelage of the Hogosha house as punishment for the actions regarding her. In fact, all three of the miracle children would be brought to the household of joining, where they would live together from now on. The best instructors of the Shuryou and the Koden would also be sent there to complete their training, while the Hogosha were left to lick their wounds without a say in the matter. Finally, the Shuryou would force the Hogosha to cycle in a new set of elders to lead their house down a brighter path, again much to the dismay of those present.
Once again, Naomi would be taken from her home and her mother, but this time it was with the mother's blessing. She told her daughter that it was going to be different; she would be treated with respect, and be able to live with girls her age. Naomi protested, but eventually trusted in her mother's choice, to go to the house of joining. One final lesson was departed onto her, reminding her of the words spoken long ago—it was her duty to protect the Miyake family, her duty to protect her sisters. She was confused, having never grown up with anyone but her mother, but she would be shown the way soon. After a touching moment with her mother, Naomi finally left for the house of joining, taking her first few steps into a new life. The household was incredible, a mansion four stories high, with a beautiful landscape to surround it. She was ecstatic to go inside and find perhaps the softest and most comfortable bed in the universe, and sleep on it for as long as she was allowed.
Afterward, the other two miracle children would join her at the home: First, the middle sister Kokoro of the Koden house, who looked like a very tidy and very formal individual. She dressed regally and kept her hair up in a bun. Most interestingly, she wielded a staff, and never seemed to part with it even when the situation didn't call for it. She also owned a pet cat that Naomi adored at first sight, but was told not to touch. Kokoro arrived with her mentor, a woman by the name Junko who wore a matching outfit and hairstyle to her student's. When those two settled in, it was the Shuryou representatives who would arrive next. Kimiyo was the youngest sister of the three but had the strongest presence of them all. Her eyes were bright and vivid, and her every action was bursting with energy. She seemed to follow no dress code and instead wore casual clothes. In fact, the way she behaved suggested that she forged her own path with everything she did, true to the spirit of the Shuryou. Her mentor was a male, despite that it was the females that were usually the strongest within the Miyake family. His name was Dairo and appeared youthful compared to Junko, with spiky black hair and the same lively crimson eyes that Kimiyo possessed. He was robed up in a martial arts uniform and looked ready to spar at any moment, and generally had a great smile on his face at all times. The last parson to arrive, Yoshi, was another member from the Shuryou house, sent to help with the training of the three girls in the absence of a Hogosha monk.
The first meeting between the three was awkward at first, for they had never seen each other before and lived under quite diverse circumstances due to the different cultures of each house. Despite being so young, it was Kimiyo who spoke out first, taking the lead as she was bred to do. The vigor with which she expressed herself had a way with melting the tension away and inspiring the room; her charisma was incredible. Naomi was awed by it, and her natural amiability took over. Kokoro simply accepted it with a smile, reserved and refined. This would be the dynamic to start out with, the three traditions of the Miyake fitting together like puzzle pieces. Once they got along well and settled in, it was up to the adults to proceed with their training. Junko and Dairo were both considered prodigies of their own time, and had grown up together in this very house as part of the previous generation's joining. Yoshi had not had the honor, but still was a very competent female in the family, and sister to Dairo.
Of the three, Naomi was the hardest to instill with training, even by these most formidable of teachers. Her attention span was low, and she was hard to keep awake. The other two were learning at a much faster pace than her, and they also possessed more natural talent than her, but when it came to raw power, she couldn't be matched. It was hard to teach all three at the same time as Naomi was always lagging behind; the choice was to either continue on anyways or have Kimiyo and Kokoro wait for Naomi to catch up, and neither was an appetizing option. So, the mentors instead chose a third option, deciding to hold back and simply watch for a while to see how the three behaved together. They needed to observe how they all got together with one another before coming up with a good plan. It was not a problem for the three sisters, especially considering they were still considered children. After all, there was more than enough to do around this mansion. At first, the three decided to split up; Kokoro headed toward the library to read what this place had to offer, while Naomi conceded to her soft bed. Kimiyo, the more active one, decided to go outside and play around on the jungle gym. The three did the activities they were all most comfortable with.
However, the absence of their mentors began to worry them, as they were taking longer than expected. They did not return during the night, and no word had arrived of their whereabouts. Kimiyo, Naomi, and Kokoro were isolated here in this mansion without a clue of what was going on outside of it. Decidedly, Kimiyo brought the three of them together for a meeting on what to do. It started out simply, for the only goal was to figure what was going on, but it began to devolve as their conflicting views mixed with each other. Kokoro was more than content simply waiting as they were told to do, and believed this to be a test of patience. Kimiyo was of the opposite mind, thinking that nothing was going to happen until they did something about it. Naomi merely wanted the arguments to stop, and tried her best to dissolve the situation, to no avail. Kimiyo's energy was overwhelming, and Kokoro was too cold and aloof. Naomi was practically a non-participant, and could not get a word in edgewise. It was in frustration that the meeting ended, with Kokoro returning to the library to read more, while Kimiyo headed to the gates to try and find what she presumed they were supposed to be looking for. Naomi was left behind and... she decided to go to sleep.
Several days passed, and still nothing had changed. Kokoro never came out of the library, and Kimiyo only passed Naomi to get to the kitchen for food, mumbling something about a barrier surrounding the mansion. It hurt her to see her sisters like this, hostile towards each other when they were in the household of joining. Naomi decided to do something about it, and go find Kimiyo as she was the more welcoming of the two. She was found on the outskirts of the estate, throwing attacks against an invisible wall that flashed every time it was struck, but refused to break. It meant that they were trapped in here purposefully, though the reason why eluded them. Kimiyo believed it was a wall they had to break down, while Kokoro figured it was only something to keep them safe. Naomi finally spoke up, and found her youngest sister very open to her, allowing her easy conversation. Even so, Naomi couldn't quite get over her shyness until Kimiyo commented on it. She told her older sister that she thought they really shouldn't be fighting, but instead get along with each other, for they were
sisters after all. She insisted that Naomi be as open with her as she was being just now; to not be afraid. Before the conversation ended, Kimiyo asked for Naomi's help in trying to break through the wall. Eager to assist her sister, she coordinated with her to strike the barrier at the same time. With a deafening crack, they hit it, but still failed to break through. Kimiyo defeatedly admitted that it would likely take all three of them to break through.
The day after, Naomi went to go see Kokoro in the library, and saw that she was asleep on the ground with an open book still in her hand. She didn't want to disturb the sleep of her sister, and instead laid herself down right next to Kokoro. She was, in a way, attracted to the slumber, and thus fell asleep with her. For a few hours the two snoozed, until Kokoro finally awoke, surprised to see Naomi in her field of view the moment her eyes opened. The blue-haired girl was not far behind, sensing the activity and waking up herself. After a bout of embarrassment from the Koden, she managed to compose herself back into that chilly character she usually was. It was hard to get her to talk about much, and some things she said Naomi couldn't understand. Kokoro was condescending toward her older sister, realizing that she wasn't as refined as she had been, and she did not take her very seriously at all. Even as Naomi tried to remind them that they were siblings and that they should work together in this, Kokoro was quick to point out that they were of separate houses and grew up apart.
Enter Kimiyo, who had been eavesdropping the whole time, much to Kokoro's aggravation. The youngest sister pointed out that the whole point of the house of joining was to bring the the three houses together even during times of adversity. Kokoro was more than a little harsh stating that she would treat this as nothing more than a job, and that she didn't have to enjoy it in order to fulfill it. Again, the two were fighting just like before, as if Naomi was not even there. Naomi wanted to escape the yelling and retreat to her dreams, but it was then that she remembered to words of her mother. Her mother
, who was there for her and cared for her, and who loved her very much. In an incredibly rare moment of insight, Naomi realized that the way Kokoro was acting suggested she'd never had someone like that in her life, and that was why she was so detached from them. Naomi couldn't reach her with words, so she did the only thing she could think to do at that moment, going on her instinct: She threw her body against Kokoro's and silenced her with a kiss, blanketing her on the ground.
And much to everybody's surprise, that was the key. After a heated ero moment, the conversation proceeded for the better.
Kimiyo discovered just how lonely of a person Kokoro had been growing up, and understood her aversion to the joining. However, she tried her best to make her realize that bonds were incredible things; a life without them was not a life at all. She proposed that they create a bond here and now, between the three of them. It was hard to just accept something like that for someone like Kokoro, but she tentatively reached out and joined Kimiyo. Naomi also accepted easily, forming the trio. The Big Three, they would be called... but for now, it was just a bond formed between sisters. Through it, Kimiyo had a team to lead forward and support her. Through it, Kokoro could discover the power of bonds and break out of her shell. Through it, Naomi had a goal, to protect her sisters as her mother had told her. And together, they would be unstoppable!» The Pilgrimage:
The very next day, the Big Three went outside—now as a team—to break down that barrier. Just Kimiyo alone couldn't do anything to it, and still the wall held when Naomi joined. But when Kokoro added her strength to the attack, the barrier would finally shatter like a mirror, revealing their mentors standing right behind it with rather pleasant expressions on their face. They'd watched the entire scenario, even in its more precarious moments. Of course it'd been a test, but not a test like any of the three sisters had predicted. It was a test to see if they could get along with one another and work together. They'd passed, and judged that now was the time to continue their training. They had a new process prepared for them, where not only they would teach, but the students would teach each other. Through the bond that had been formed, it was easier to convey lessons so that they would stick. Naomi still was a sleepy character, but when it was her sisters who helped her out, she was able to pay attention better and keep up with the instruction. Kokoro also learned to rely on others, where before she'd have kept to herself. Training was able to proceed at a very fast pace now that the joining had succeeded, and the Miyake family was beginning to create a rather terrifying team...
For years the lessons continued, up to a point where the Big Three were so capable that they had exceeded anything that the Miyake family could ever teach them. At this point and from then on, they would have to learn from each other in order to progress. The mentors were to return to their respective houses and their old duties, but not before departing one final task, and the most important of them all. It was time for the Miyake sisters to begin their Pilgrimage, a journey that all participants of the joining had to partake in. Together, they were to leave the lands of the Miyake and go out into the world to experience what life had to offer. They were to grow stronger, become wiser, and fulfill their youth while it remained. They would also need to find love, so that their bloodline could continue, as was one of the major goals of the Pilgrimage. Furthermore, this showed the outside world what the Miyake were capable of, and there was much to show for this generation. They would be able to contact their families back home, but were not to return until the rite was completed.
And so, with a decent amount of money, and whatever belongings they could carry, the Big Three were sent on their way out of the mansion, to find their way forward, but never forgetting the path back, and most of all... sticking together as family should.
Last edited by Dexterity on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:37 am; edited 16 times in total
Waifu War Veteran
Joined : 2012-11-04
Posts : 1169
Karma : 18
Age : 26
|Subject Post 2Subject: Re: Naomi Miyake [Approved 0-3+] Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:35 am|| |
» Natural Abilities:
These abilities are attributes and proficiencies that Naomi can perform without using any of her Chi. Even when her energy is locked away or empty, these abilities persist, as if laws of her nature.
» Chi Abilities:
- Monstrous Strength — Naomi possesses within her lean frame a strength deserving of the attribute of monstrous, a power so overwhelming that it incites fear from the mere sight of it. Despite being human, her muscles are not quite made the same way as another human's; size never changes, but it is the quality that increases. Mass is packed layer after layer into her arms and contained by a constant boundary. Because of this odd formation, Naomi's natural strength can transcend the normal limits of a human body, where such muscles would tear the arm apart to have as comparable a strength. With a theoretically limitless potential strength, it is much easier for Naomi to develop. There is little friction to slow her rate of progress down, or even stop it! Even as the woman sleeps, her strength increases, though the forge is gradual. The true adversity of this power comes in her need for holding herself back, and she trains diligently in controlling her own strength so that she doesn't accidentally harm those she wishes to protect.
At this point in her life, Naomi can rival those deemed to be the strongest in the various worlds. The reckless use of it often turns the environments around her into sandboxes, quickly desecrating any semblance of infrastructure. Her battles transform entire landscapes on no minor scale, and cause extreme amounts of collateral damage without the intention of it. The slightest movements can cause gusts of wind that blow people right off their feet, while simple steps can cause small craters. Hell, her strength is a danger to the natural orbit of the planet; the source of many terrestrial earthquakes. She will often use parts of the scenery as her weapons, wielding objects such as cars or buildings as weapons. Perhaps most notable about Naomi's physical power is her capability to crush her enemies without even touching them, using indirect waves of kinetic energy caused by her movements to attack them from a distance, as though she were really there. It just gives that much more of a terrifying reputation, leaving to the imagination the ungodly potency behind a direct attack; an attack that could finish an opponent off in one go.
- Shocking Speed — Naomi's muscles are not merely for strength, but an incredible speed as well. It's not quite as impressive as her brawn, nor as refined as many other high-speed specialists, but in terms of sheer potential is off the scale. She possesses a natural velocity achievable by others through high-speed techniques such as Shunpo, Hirenkyaku, or Sonido. She can go quiet, vanishing and reappearing behind an enemy in an instant without a sound, or loudly, breaking the sound barrier and tearing the landscape apart with her movements. Her fastest speeds occur in short bursts not even a second long, difficult to keep up with even by people of equal tier, impossible to keep track of without exceptional sensual abilities. However, she can maintain a velocity that sends her into a blur even over long periods of time as well. This speed allows her to cross countries quickly, and is her preferred method of travel. Naomi isn't just a powerhouse in strength, but just as capable in terms of speed as well.
- Ridiculous Stamina — The third physical capability to round out the trio, Naomi's stamina is right up on the same level. She has such a vast reserve of stamina that she can keep going and going and going in fights, always getting up even when she's knocked down, never stopping her push even when it refuses to move. Anyone who knows Naomi will know just how often she sleeps, even when any average person wouldn't be tired in her position. It is as if she stores up all the energy she gets from sleeping, to be used for when it counts most. This is significant for the fact that a lot of Naomi's defense is based on how long she can hold out, more than the damage she's received. Her ability to continue manipulating Chi also is reliant on her stamina as well, and because of this reliance, she's heightened it to an inhuman level. Naomi is capable of going full out in her fights for days without pause... she just prefers otherwise.
- Natural Armor — No, Naomi does not wear any form of armor, nor does she possess implants or need to use her powers to serve such a purpose. Her body is conditioned in a way that she, naturally, provides resistance against all attacks; and it is tough enough to protect her against situations normally fatal to those of her own tier. It truly sets the bar high for her opponents, preventing them from going easy on her if they so much as hope to even scratch her. Naomi's looks are deceiving, presenting soft flesh and a lean body type, but in reality, every centimeter of her body can be equivalent to several dozen meters of solid tank armor, compressed into such a small space. Against all types of attacks, physical or spiritual, energetic or corrosive... Naomi's flesh offers a powerful rebuttal by just its very nature. Fortunately or unfortunately though, this resistance does not carry over to her clothing.
- Forgoing Sight — Some say the most powerful sense is sight. It is natural to rely on it for the average being, ingrained within the mind, making it harder for the other senses to reach their potentials. Naomi was somehow tolerant to such a thing, forgoing the reliance on sight in pursuit of other senses. Naomi is comfortable blind, often closing her eyes even when going from one place to another, or in the middle of combat. Rather, she prioritizes her senses of sound, smell, and her sixth spiritual sense over the rest. She uses her ears to help her form an idea of the environment around her, being able to read movement by the vibrations they cause in the air, a usually silent occurrence, but not to the sensitivity of Naomi's eardrums. While sound helps her locally, her sense of smell allows her to find her way across much further distances. There are many scents scattered across the world, and Naomi can find their sources accurately, distilling them mentally from any other, even if they're very similar. And finally, Naomi possesses a natural affinity for sensing energy like it was a part of her genetics. She can sense any living thing, as all living things are reliant on energy, from simple plants to the powerful Shinigami. when the energy is strong enough to have a unique imprint, Naomi is adept at telling those apart as well. It's not enough for her to learn much from, but she can gather a natural gist of their alignment, their race, and their location if they come into her range of sensing. The stronger the presence, the further she can sense them at. This capability does not mean Naomi does not use her sense of sight, or her other senses—she can see just as fine as the next person—but it is exactly that normalcy that sets her apart from other individuals of her level. She has no special enhancements to her vision, and her eyes are not trained for combat.
- Pure Form — The way Naomi is built naturally is strange, and it can be seen in how powerful she is without the use of Chi. Her body naturally possesses the physical capability others can only achieve through their powers. This unorthodox development, unfortunately, is the reason she lacks in other areas. Unlike others who have incredible potential locked within, Naomi's capability is flat and simple. She is utterly incapable of achieving higher forms than her base, and all of her power is front-loaded. She lacks complex techniques, and besides improving what she already knows, there is not much room for learning new abilities. Naomi is nearly unparalleled in vertical development, but has no aptitude for horizontal development. What others see of her at all times is her "Pure Form," the permanent truth of her nature. If she cannot defeat her foes through raw power, then she cannot defeat them at all.
- Sleeping Spirit — It is strange to consider it, but in terms of combat, Naomi's sleeping is one of her capabilities. Sleep naturally restores energy and stamina, as any knowledgeable person will tell you. Naomi is no different, but her rest is on a completely different scale. While she sleeps, her stamina returns to her at an astounding rate, fast enough that it can be used in the middle of combat as a sort of recovery move. Given that she has the ability to fall asleep under any circumstance, even while standing up, she can use this during a fight while she's not being attacked, restoring some of her stamina each post she is asleep, forcing the opponent to go on the offensive in order to stop the rejuvenating effects. The drawbacks for this tactic are obvious, as she'll not be able to act during sleep, and her senses will be on low alert for the duration.
- Simplicity — Naomi's fighting style is very simple, reliant on pure physical prowess at an overwhelming scale. It's so straightforward at a first glance, but behind the scenes there is much more to it. Working in her defense are passive abilities such as this, that bend the laws of reality in her favor; Simplicity is the name of an attribute that applies to Naomi for as long as her connection to Chi exists—it only fails her when she runs out of stamina, and therefore loses her ability to manipulate Chi. This ability renders Naomi completely immune to any status effects of any kind, to put it simply. Any time she would suffer through secondary effects, such as sicknesses, exhaustion, poison, burns, impaired movement, corruption, et cetera, et cetera... she instead does not. Naomi is a warrior who fights directly, and can only be fought directly. Those who try to defeat her through devious methods will find themselves hilariously outmatched as the law of Simplicity comes into play. Any time one of such effects would try to ail her, it is removed and replaced by an amount of damage based on the potency of said effect, though its worth will be diminished. For example, if someone were to try to freeze Naomi in place with an ice-based attack, it would not be able to achieve that goal, but to her it would feel as though something slammed into her with a solid weight, causing physical damage to her instead. Simplicity is like a filter, extracting all forms of side effects and keeping only the raw energy. And only that raw energy can strike at Naomi.
- Indestructibility — Naomi does not go down like other fighters due to Simplicity. It brings us to her next reality-defying passive ability, known as Indestructibility. She does not suffer damage as others would, as losing a limb or being shot through the chest would, strangely, count as impairment under Simplicity's rules. So, when any force would attempt to cause any sort of physical harm to her body, it instead does not, but the force isn't lost. The raw energy aforementioned, caused by any attack made against her, is directed at her stamina, and reduces it. It is easier to think of Naomi as if possessing a health bar that cannot be seen, but records how much stamina she has left. Every attack that connects with her lowers the stamina bit by bit, and when that bar hits zero, Naomi will be defeated, with no stamina left, and no ability to use her Chi. However, until then, Naomi will be able to fight at her full strength, incapable of receiving any harmful effects, incapable of being damage in any other way. Defeating her is a possibility, but the way she can seem to be unbeatable, unstoppable, has a psychological effect on her opponents that justifies her monstrous reputation. Naomi truly tests her opponents, preventing them from making any cheap shots or tricks and always forcing them to fight her back to the best of their ability.
- Weaponization — To Naomi, the world around her is her weapon, and she does not see the difference between a bo-staff and a bus stop sign. There is a natural discrepancy in the quality of different objects that she uses to combat opponents, but through the use of Chi, she can completely ignore such things. Naomi is able to thread massive amounts of Chi into any object that she touches, vastly improving its combat capability as though it was an extension of herself. The defensive and offensive aspects will match her own; her weapons refuse to break as she refuses to, and plow through all obstacles as she does. They are as light as a feather in her hand and dish out attacks as fast as her own limbs. This effects carries over even after it has left her hand, lasting for several minutes afterward before returning to its normal quality. Because of this, projectiles work in much the same way, and a simple rock can be made into a bunker-buster. Weapons that are already considered weapons will be improved up to her standards, allowing a simple katana to slice through foes like a hot knife through butter, or a machine gun to fire bullets that turn even-leveled opponents to swiss cheese. Against Naomi's attacks with these enhanced weapons, her opponents are as frail as a normal human would be to the normal form of the object.
- One-Punch Woman — Naomi is a physical fighting beast in her natural form, not even needing powers to match her foes on the battlefield as one of the strongest fighters. When combined with her powers of Chi, however, this grows to an ungodly level that allows her to destroy her foes in just. One. Punch. This ability applies to any strike she can make directly with a part of her body, applying immediately after it connects—if it connects—to completely destroy the victim's capability to fight back. Depending on Naomi's level of self-control when using the ability, this attack can immediately kill that person, or otherwise instantly knock them out cold. It requires it to be a direct hit, meaning that it does not work if it is only a glancing blow, nor if it hits some form of armor or shield. But, if it does connect correctly, Naomi will be able to release an amplified wave of force from her attack, layered thickly with her Chi, shattering their physical and spiritual forms. The wave smashes all of their energy straight out of them and cuts their flow of energy into pieces, rendering them powerless. Then, depending on the strength of the attack, can go as far as turning the insides of the foes body into jelly, shattering any hard materials within into dust. It is practically impossible to receive a blow such as this and still be able to fight back, but such is the strength of Naomi. Note that this power only works on living things, and that it does not physically increase the power behind her blows in any other situation. When Naomi throws out a strike she intends to end her opponents in just one hit with, a rich emerald aura can be seen emanating from the area that her Chi is built up in, clear as day to anyone with eyes.
- Incredibly Loud — While not truly a technique that she trained in or refined, she still managed to developed a dangerous ability sheerly due to her loud voice and tendency to scream when she snaps. Her natural voice is capable of shattering ear-drums by itself if one gets too close, and deafens her opponents to any other sounds by overwhelming them, causing their ears to ring. When combined with Chi, her screams become a powerful force that can have a physical effect on the battlefield. The vibrations created by the sound are amplified and manipulated, projected at opposing attacks to resist their momentum and disrupt them. Any object in motion can be heavily slowed by the onslaught of sonic waves, holding them in place quite stubbornly while the pulses shred through them. Most objects can simply be torn apart in a few seconds by it, including the attacks of her foes. Beings themselves will feel great resistance in every direction except in going with the flow of the sound, while it destroys their sense of hearing and their focus. For those without Master focus, Naomi's amplified voice can cause a person to lose their concentration and disrupt any techniques they may be maintaining at the time.
- The Sleeping Beast's Presence — Many of the more powerful Shinigami can be said to have such monstrous reiatsu that it projects an aura outward from them, affecting the spirit and the mind of those nearby. It can cause them to perceive terrifying illusions, and drive them to their knees under the weight of the reiatsu. Naomi is the same, at times; whenever she snaps and loses control, the Chi flows through her freely and reveals the full weight of her power, and it is colossal. She has a spiritual pressure that exhibits both such things, putting the weight of the world on the backs of any individual whose tier is one full level beneath hers. It is not just an illusion, however, as the thickness of Naomi's Chi does hold a powerful weight to it. It naturally exudes through the battlefield and constantly pushes other living things down with several tons of weight at all times. It's not just a feeling, but a physical resistance to any movement made by Naomi's foes. In addition, they will intermittently see illusions of Naomi brutally injuring them, perhaps even causing death. This aura protrudes for a several hundred meters away from Naomi normally, but grows to a full kilometers if Naomi is focusing in on a certain target. The full attention of Naomi causes the pressure of her Chi to naturally drift further towards her prey.
- Durability: Master
- General Speed: Master
- Strength: Master
- Weapon Skill: Advanced
- Geppo: Beginner
- Vindeca: Advanced
- Tekkai: Master
- Yang Surge: Beginner
- Willpower/Determination: Master
- Mental Deduction: Adept
- Pain Endurance: Master
- Focus: Beginner
Last edited by Dexterity on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 6 times in total
Waifu War Veteran
Joined : 2012-11-04
Posts : 1169
Karma : 18
Age : 26
|Subject Post 3Subject: Re: Naomi Miyake [Approved 0-3+] Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:46 pm|| |
Waifu War Veteran
Joined : 2012-11-04
Posts : 1169
Karma : 18
Age : 26
|Subject Post 4Subject: Re: Naomi Miyake [Approved 0-3+] Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:55 pm|| |
The first of the Big Three is complete! Ready for approval~
The Hybrid King
Joined : 2011-06-06
Posts : 2249
Karma : 12
Age : 22
Location : Columbus, Ohio
|Subject Post 5Subject: Re: Naomi Miyake [Approved 0-3+] Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:50 pm|| |
- Name [X]
- Appropriate Age [X]
- Gender [X]
- Appearance Present [X]
- Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
- Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
- 10 sentences for personality [X]
- History is of appropriate length [X]
- Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
- Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
- Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
- Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]
- RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
- RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]
- Willpower/Determination: Master
- Mental Deduction: Advanced
- Pain Endurance: Master
- Focus: Master
Comments/Notes: Beautiful. <3 I think the way you've built this character is awesome. Good job Trim.
Joined : 2010-06-03
Posts : 17051
Karma : 212
Age : 26
Location : Purgatory
|Subject Post 6Subject: Re: Naomi Miyake [Approved 0-3+] Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:03 pm|| |
[adm]Unarchived upon request.[/adm]
Rower of Rock. And Souls.
Joined : 2011-03-03
Posts : 4941
Karma : 80
Age : 22
Location : , Location, Location!
|Subject Post 7Subject: Re: Naomi Miyake [Approved 0-3+] Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:42 pm|| |
This member is currently marked as inactive. Therefore, this application is being moved to the archives.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
|Top posting users this week|
|Top posting users this month|
The link to our affiliate page is on our button below.
Our affiliates bar is always open!