Joined : 2015-06-11
¥ Yen : 40486879
Posts : 49
Karma : 0
Location : Hueco Mundo
|Subject Post 1Subject: Isane Kotetsu [APPROVED, 2-1] Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:56 pm|| |
❄ ISANE KOTETSU ❄
❄ BASIC INFO ❄
• Name: Isane Kotetsu
• Titles: [Ex] Vice Captain of Squad 4
• Gender: Female
• Appearance Age: twenties
• Age: unknown
• Affiliation/Rank: Winter War Gotei 13/Vice Captain
• Appearance Description: Isane is a tall, young looking woman with gray eyes and short messy silver hair with strands on the right side of her face that are shoulder-length and styled as two thin braids. She wears a thin dangling red earring on each ear and a standard Shinigami uniform with her lieutenant badge on her left arm.
• Appearance Picture: (If you have one, link a picture of your character.)
❄ PERSONALITY ❄
Isane is generally quiet and observant, with a strong sense of loyalty. She can be impatient in the face of an enemy, rushing after enemies she has no chance of defeating, including the seemingly unstoppable Sosuke Aizen. She looks to Unohana as a mentor and mother figure. It is noted by Unohana that Isane suffers from frequent and recurring nightmares, which are often odd or whimsical in their contents. For example, she once had a nightmare involving kamaboko (a fishcake made of pureed surimi), which she intensely dislikes. Also according to Unohana, she rarely talks in a girly manner. Her favorite food, on the other hand, is porridge, to the extent that she is capable of eating it as the three main meals on the same day.
• Meek: The first thing that comes to mind when thinking about Isane is her meek nature. She is humble, kind-hearted and unthreatening in spite of her rank as Vice Captain of the 4th Division, often serving as a spokesperson for Captain Unohana who is sometimes rather unapproachable. Although she has often been called out for her sheepishness (especially by her sister) she managed to find comfort in surrendering to most unpleasant situations and rather pull the shortest straw voluntarily than to confront people she cares for. This quite obviously means that she is often stuck with awkward or tiresome tasks which other squad members press upon her, since saying "no" to most people means an unpassable obstacle to her. This, coupled with the usual lack of sound sleep and her incurable helper's complex leads to something which could be classified as a "life on the run".
• Nervous: Isane often gets nervous if faced with unpleasant situations, which is somewhat strange at first glance, considering that tall people are usually more relaxed because of their inherent physical superiority. However, considering that her unusual height is actually a factor of discomfort for her, it suddenly becomes much more understandable, though no less ridiculous. If faced with accusations or insults she usually gets jokingly defensive and tries to worm herself out of the conversation, but if the matter is pressed on her further, she mostly surrenders to her advesary in the verbal warfare, just to make him let go of it.
• Courageous: Despite her awkwardness in conflict situations, Isane is capable of performing unbelievable acts of courage, even when facing overwhelming odds. Her attempts are often reckless and haphazardly executed, with little regard to her own safety, as shown in her feeble assault on the ryoka Kurosaki Ichigo - which could have ended much worse if she faced an enemy filled with killing intent. She is perfectly fine with putting her own life at risk, even if her orders don't require anything of the sort. She is also prone of disobeying commands on impulse during hostilities if they conflict with her sense of justice, to the dismay of her Captain, who sometimes needs to remind her that they should mostly stay put, even on the battlefield. Her warrior heart seldom takes control, but when it does, she becomes a furious, nigh unstoppable force.
• Hesitant: Making autonomous decisions isn't one of her strengths. She takes great comfort in her status as a subordinate of a decisive and smart captain. As a staunch believer of order and the chain of command she often follows her orders to the letter. Even in private matters she often relies on the help of her little sister, going as far as letting her choose her outfits for special occasions.
• Loyal: Isane is intensely loyal and trustworthy, which is one of the main reasons Unohana has kept her at her side for so long. Any attempts at bribery or coercion towards betraying her comrades would fail invariably, as she is always ready and willing to take one for the team - even if it would mean her own demise.
• Clingy: She cares very much for the people closest to her, namely Kiyone and Captain Unohana. While her pleasant nature and friendly demeanor makes her get along with almost everyone she meets, she tends to stay in her comfort zone when it comes to private matters. Obviously Kiyone doesn't mind as she is very fond of the affection and trust she receives from her older sister. Her relationship with Unohana is also very close, and it has been noted that she considers the senior shinigami as something similar to a mother figure, often teased by others of "hiding under her skirt". While the affection is mutual and her Captain seems to keep her at her side most of the time, listening intently to her every plea and advising her kindly, she sometimes likes to coax the young lieutenant into transcending her tendency to rely on the help and decision-making abilities of others.
• Dutiful: She fulfills each and every task handed out to her faithfully, often taking up the burdens of others who'd exploit her meek nature to push extra work upon her. It is noted by Kiyone that her division is maybe the most busy in all of the Gotei 13:
"Nee-san's division is sooo busy! Sometimes I go there to pick up Captain Ukitake's medicine, and I get the feeling that everyone is working hard with no rest!"
Despite all the stress and commotion, Isane feels rather happy with the position she's in. She feels important and tends to get absorbed in her role as an aide to Unohana in the coordination of the various relief squads.
• Daydreamer: Isane has a blooming fantasy, and her tendency to doze off often becomes apparent during monotonous tasks or everyday activities. She often laments her lack of free time, and once the work of the day is done, she is often found wandering around Soul Society with her head in the clouds.
When Isane has time off, she goes to see her sister Kiyone and vice-versa. They are very close sisters who enjoy meeting up and having fun together. Recently, her favorite place to hang out is the Kuchiki estate, in the "secret base of the Shinigami Women's Association". She is a notable member of the latter Association, where her meek nature occasionally gets her in trouble with group activities including getting captured alongside Nemu Kurotsuchi when attempting to take a picture of Byakuya Kuchiki.
• Porridge: Believing that the nutrient level of porridge is very low, Isane started eating porridge when she passed 170 cm in height as she did not want to get any taller.
• Strolling along: Isane loves to take long walks and daydream.
• Sweets: She adores all kinds of sweets including cakes, candy, cookies etc. If time would permit it, she'd love to learn how to bake stuff.
• Booze: Although she'd never admit it, she kinda likes to get a bit tipsy on social occasions, sometimes overdoing it a little (especially in the company of Vice Captain Matsumoto). The more the booze, the more extroverted and upbeat she gets, coupled with being even more clumsy than usual.
- Frequent nightmares: It is noted by Unohana that Isane suffers from frequent and recurring nightmares, which are often odd or whimsical in their contents. For example, she once had a nightmare involving kamaboko (a fishcake made of pureed surimi), which she intensely dislikes.
- Her height: She did not stop growing until reaching 187 cm, her height being a great source of frustration for her. During a meeting of the Shinigami Women's Association, she proposes a Denreishinki sturdy enough to not break if it is dropped from a height of 2 meters, only to be told by Nanao Ise that it is not a common problem. Once, after hearing of how sleeping helps children grow, she decides to not sleep again in order to halt her growth. Of course, that brilliant plan didn't work out as well as she hoped it would.
❄ HISTORY ❄
Soul Society arc
Isane is mostly seen around Retsu Unohana. She is present when Unohana confirms to Sajin Komamura and Kaname Tosen that Aizen is dead. When Hanataro Yamada went back to the 4th Division after he met with Jushiro Ukitake, he gets in trouble with his captain. However, when Isane is walking with him afterwards, Hanataro asks if what he had done was wrong, and Isane answers he was brave for what he did.
Isane attends the execution of Rukia Kuchiki with her captain on the Sokyoku Hill as well as her rescue by Ichigo Kurosaki. She appears upset by Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto's false promise to allow Rukia's would-be rescuers to leave safely after her execution, but Unohana tells her that he said it so she could die in peace. After Rukia is handed off to Renji Abarai to get away, Isane hesitantly joins with Chojiro Sasakibe and Marechiyo Omaeda after them. She releases her Zanpakutō to fight against Ichigo Kurosaki, but is taken down, albeit much lighter than the other two. After her defeat, her sister Kiyone runs over to aid her, but Suì-Feng intercepts her and knocks her to the ground. If not for the fast action of Yoruichi Shihoin, Kiyone would have been killed.
Unohana picks up Isane, and when she starts to apologize for failing to defeat Ichigo, Unohana tells her to calm down. After dropping the wounded off, Isane and Unohana quickly head to Central 46. They arrive at the scene in time to see Aizen defeat Toshiro Hitsugaya. Captain Unohana announces her presence to the traitors while citing her own suspicions surrounding Aizen's staged death. She also goes on to claim that the Offices of Central 46 Chambers was the only place he could hide and mentions the use of an elaborate corpse doll on his part. Aizen then points out the mistakes in her analysis, while also commending her for seeing through his deception. Isane learns of Sosuke Aizen's betrayal, and reveals that she and the other lieutenants thought Kyoka Suigetsu was a running water-type Zanpakutō, not one with the ability of perfect hypnosis.
Isane prepares to attack Aizen, but he and Gin Ichimaru quickly get away before she can get near them. Unohana then instructs Isane to use her Kido skills, both in tracking down Aizen and communicating with the remainder of Soul Society, as well as the Ryoka, on the emergent schemes of the traitorous captain.
After the end of the incident, Isane assists the rest of her squad in healing the wounded. In the middle of the night, she wakes up while having a nightmare about fish paste. She wanders out to get some air while trying to decide what to do, only to be discovered by her captain, who gently tells her to get some sleep.
Hueco Mundo arc
Isane arrives in Hueco Mundo with her captain, Hanataro Yamada, Byakuya Kuchiki, Kenpachi Zaraki, Yachiru Kusajishi, Mayuri Kurotsuchi, and Nemu Kurotsuchi. When Isane and Unohana arrive, they are met by Rudbornn Chelute and the Exequias, who flee after hearing Retsu Unohana is a captain. Isane prepares to chase after them, but Unohana stops her. She and Unohana proceed to heal Yasutora Sado and Gantenbainne Mosqueda. She later tracks down Byakuya's location and does not appear until after his battle with the 7th Espada Zommari Rureaux. She then proceeds to heal Hanataro and Rukia.
After Mayuri Kurotsuchi announces that he can get Ichigo Kurosaki back to the Human World with a Garganta, Unohana offers to accompany Ichigo back to Karakura Town. Before they leave, she orders Isane to assist Byakuya and the remaining forces in Las Noches.
Hueco Mundo arc CONTINUED
After patching up the remaining forces in Hueco Mundo, Captain Byakuya Kuchiki ordered Isane to use Captain Mayuri Kurotsuchi's experimental Garganta device to return to her captain's side in Fake Karakura Town, with Hanataro Yamada in tow. The sheer amount of devastation caused by the battle and the dozens of gravely injured Shinigami and the surviving Espada remnant required an extraordinary feat from the present relief squad members. Among others, she was tasked with helping Kira stabilize Hinamori and Matsumoto, patch up Hisagi and Iba, while her Captain took care of the Head Commander and the other captains. Feeling somewhat guilty about not daring to help Captain Kuchiki in his fight against Zommari Leroux, Isane courageously volunteered to heal the betrayed Tia Harribel and her fracción - a daunting task many others were highly reluctant to accept. She suspended the Tres Bestias into forced slumber and sealed them within a Kido barrier, and used multiple high level Bakudo to chain the Tres Espada.
She volunteered to leave for Soul Society soon afterwards to provide relief to the wounded of Karakura Town, even though Captain Unohana was worried about her exhaustion. She felt a disturbance in Isane's state of mind, but the young Vice Captain was reluctant to tell her anything at that point. Little did she know she'd never see her beloved superior again.
Isane got caught in the currents of the Dangai precipice world. With her world in turmoil and her body on the verge of collapse, her limbs got sucked into the purple miasma covering the walls of the tunnel. Using her last bit of strength, she wove a protective Kido sheath around her that would hopefully shield her against the damage of the time distortion she'd face when the Cleaner would rip her out of the current.
She could never have imagined what happened next...
❄ ABILITIES ❄
• Kido Expert: Isane is shown to be highly proficient in Kidō spells, apparently excelling in chaining multiple spells together for various effects. While being the second most proficient in healing Kidō in the 4th Division, she has good understanding of binding spells as well. Her proficiency was already apparent during the Soul Society arc when she chained together Bakudo # 58 Kakushitsuijaku and Bakudō #77. Tenteikūra.
• Kaido Expert: Being only second to Captain Unohana in terms of healing prowess, Isane has proven numerous times that she is a magnificent healer capable of working under the immense stress of the battlefield. Her experiences range from Shinigami to Humans and even Arrancar.
• Shunpo Adept: Isane is able to keep pace with her captain effortlessly, signifying at least an above average proficiency in Shunpo.
❄ ZANPAKUTŌ ❄
• Reiatsu Color: Sea Green
• Zanpakutô Spirit Name: Itegumo ("Frozen Cloud"; Viz "Frozen Snow")
• Zanpakutô Spirit Appearance: Isane's Zanpakutô spirit takes the form of a malicious Yuki-Onna with flowing black hair, snow white robes and skin and a face as beautiful as a dream. She leaves no traces in the snow for she does not have feet to tread upon the ground. She is just as tall, if not taller than Isane.
• Inner World: The inner world of Itegumo seems to be a frozen, flat wasteland always covered in a cold mist. Towering, monolithic pillars of crystalline ice stand above the fog, reaching the height of skyscrapers. Isane always finds herself on top of these pillars once she enters her zan's inner world. However, since her touch melts the ice beneath her feet at an alarming rate (turning it extremely slippery), her visits are mostly short and unpleasant, ending in whimsical attempts to keep her footing upon the melting monoliths until she plummets towards the ground below, promptly exiting the world upon impact.
• Zanpakutô Spirit Personality: Itegumo's personality is at odds with Isane, to the point that they can be considered polar opposites in most ways. She is cruel where Isane is merciful, cold and seemingly unfeeling where she is sweet and whimsical, representing a side of her soul which the young Vice Captain has sealed away since the early days of her life as a Shinigami. This repression was reinforced by Unohana's doctrines and her entry into the 4th Division, restraining her further and further. Her every lesson lead Isane to fear Itegumo and forsake her for the most part, even though the spirit cares deeply for her ward and is visibly saddened whenever she visits the inner world and acts like a klutz. Itegumo is Isane's all but forgotten edge and killing intent, neccessary cruelty and edge in combat, the beast which only gets released when Isane gets angry enough to act on instinct.
• Sealed Zanpakutô Apperance : In its sealed form, Itegumo takes the form of a katana with a deep blue handle and a pointed round guard, somewhat similar to a snowflake. It is kept sheathed on the left side of Isane's waist.
• Sealed Zanpakutô Abilities: Even though she rejected Itegumo as her Zanpakutō, the weapon extends its protection over the young female even in its sealed state. Thus, Isane doesn't ever get cold - she could be encased in a solid block of ice and melt her way out slowly with her regular body temperature. Any attacks or spells that would cause harm to her through freezing her body (ex.: her own Zan) remain without effect. This doesn't mean that she is immune to frost based attacks, however, as she can still be imprisoned (temporarily) or injured by shards of ice. Interestingly, she can extend this ability to anyone she embraces, allowing her to shield a person from bitter cold.
• Release: Hashire (run), Itegumo!
• Shikai Description: When its Shikai is activated, two smaller blades protrude from Itegumo's hilt at 45° angles.
• Shikai Abilities: Itegumo has been suppressed by Isane for a long time, fearing that with the blooming of its abilities she'd become a cold, cruel person similar to her zan's spirit. The intense disharmony between wielder and weapon is partially the cause of Isane's awkwardness, putting her in a similar, yet different position as Hisagi, who has accepted and mastered his fear over Kazeshini.
• Frostbite: Any appendage that suffered injury from the blades of Itegumo suffers extreme frostbite, which causes the flesh to take a blueish-black color and lose most, if not all sense of touch or pain. The effect's spread and severity is tied to the wound itself, therefore Hierro or sufficient reiatsu can protect against it.
• Breathe, Itegumo: This ability bestows the coldness of death upon a victim, freezing his breath with a chilling wind. A single sip of the glistening air is enough to make the lungs and respiratory tract suffer terrible frostbite or even freeze solid, causing weaker victims to perish in a matter of seconds from the shock. The "cloud" is fired in a 90° arc and can be readily dodged with shunpo or dispersed with Kido. Holding one's breath is also a possible defense, even though damage to the body itself cannot be avoided this way. It should be noted that the attack's appearance is rather harmless.
• Bankai Description:Not yet achieved. • Bankai Abilities:Unknown.
❄ SKILL SHEET ❄
- Durability: Adept
- General Speed: Adept
- Strength: Beginner
- Weapon Skill: Adept
- Hoho: Adept
- Kido: Advanced
- Zanjutsu: Adept
- Hakuda: Beginner
❄ RP SAMPLE ❄
Artist: Basilisk - Song: Dead Heat / Word Count: 837
Isane shied away from the Arrancar as her ice cold eyes opened to the world again. Harribel received the gift of cupped hands before, but the healing was not yet done. Still, she mustered enough energy to shatter two of the young vice captain's binding Kido in an instant."Bakudo #63, Sajō Sabaku!" the silver haired girl yelled from the top of her lungs, her brow covered in sweat from exhaustion. She was overexerting herself - it didn't take long for the Espada to realize this."Do you think your chains can hold me?"
"Y...you...you've been mortally wounded"Isane's voice started to fail her. The rage burned with a cold, azure fire in Harribel's eyes."I...I can't stabilize you if you move around. Please...hold still."
"Your spiritual pressure is wavering. You can't go on for much longer."
The Tres' gaze shifted to the left, spying the silhouettes of her Fracción lined up under the orange-hued barrier. No trace of the scorched, blackened skin and devastated bone armor. They were bandaged up, but their reiatsu was hale and hearty once again. A faint expression of surprise and relief could be seen on her blue-marked face.
"This was your doing too, wasn't it? To think that you wouldn't have been a match for either of them..." she mused on quietly. Isane steeled her resolve and moved closer again, spreading her palms over the body of her enemy. She tried to ignore the insult, but deep in her heart, she feared - no, she knew that the Arrancar merely stated a fact. It hurt.
"I do not understand. Why would you take the risk?"
"Our...our duty is not to spill blood, but rather stop the violence."she repeated the words of her captain sheepishly. They made more sense to her now than back in the nightmare realm, although they were not enough to quell her fear enough to make her stop shivering. She felt as if she was forced to reach into a pond full of sharks. Never before had she been so close to an Arrancar - to think that the only thing separating her and that beast of an Espada was the lightning-hued binding of a hastily casted Bakudo #63 was quite terrifying.
"Tell me your name, Vice Captain."
"My name...my name is Isane...Isane Kotetsu."
"Tres Espada Tia Harribel. I admire your courage, Vice Captain Isane Kotetsu. And I owe you my gratitude for your selfless act at this site of betrayal. But...my path is not one of mercy"
The binding spell around the Arrancar's body sprung open within the fraction of a second. Harribel grabbed the fragile hand which was healing her seconds ago. Her cold gaze froze the warmth in Isane's sweet, dark eyes and forced an expression of utter dread upon her. She reached out for the throat of the young vice captain, and unsurprisingly she didn't miss her mark. It all happened in the blink of an eye. The Arrancar could feel the girl's pulse beneath her firm grip. Her heart was racing so fast, one could worry it would explode. "Please..." Isane whimpered softly, only to gain a calm, reserved reply."You are...surprisingly delicate in spite of your stature. Understand that the circumstances leave me no other course of action. You will take me to the traitor Aizen Sousuke, Vice Captain. Or else..."Her grip tightened. She lightly stepped on Isane's foot to reinforce her superior position. No escape was possible."Don't resist. Your allies won't arrive in time to save you. And I do not take kindly to attempts on trying to prevent me from taking my revenge."
"A...Aizen...Aizen Sousuke is...he is dead!"
"Talk." Harribel said after a long silence. She let the silver-haired shinigami slip out of her grip, who dropped to her knees in response. Large tears of relief were rolling down her cheeks.
"I...I'm sorry. He was...former captain Ichimaru...he turned on him. Along with...Kurosaki Ichigo and the Memory Rosary Ceon Clixx-Kimura, he was...struck down for his crimes of treachery."
"Sorry?" Harribel asked with a curious expression."I...I am sorry...that you couldn't take your revenge."The Espada looked away, towards the place where Aizen struck her down."He died a traitor's death. I couldn't have delivered a punishment more befitting of him."
Another long minute of silence followed. Harribel stepped closer to the covering female. "I suppose you aren't the one to deliver my punishment, are you? No matter. Be at ease. Only savages would harm a messenger...especially one carrying such good news. I will stay with you, for now - and await the verdict of your people."The Espada stood defiantly before the young Vice Captain. "You...you're not going to run?" Isane asked in return. "Aizen is dead. The Espada...my comrades...are all but dead aswell. Hueco Mundo will soon return to its natural order, a dog-eat-dog world where mercy is a luxury not even the strongest can afford. There is nowhere to run."She reached down and placed her hand on the shoulder or the shinigami, who let out a girlish squeak, which was quite uncharacteristical of her.
"...and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what that sordid old man has in mind for me."
Last edited by Rokuro on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 18 times in total