Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lex Prailius
Lex Prailius
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
 Chronicle Four | The Catalyst - Chapter One: Buried Feelings - Part 3 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11500/20000 Chronicle Four | The Catalyst - Chapter One: Buried Feelings - Part 3 - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11500/20000)
Tiers:
http://lexprower.deviantart.com/

Chronicle Four | The Catalyst - Chapter One: Buried Feelings - Part 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chronicle Four | The Catalyst - Chapter One: Buried Feelings - Part 3

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:02 pm

He could see that she was levitating above the ground a few inches while he glanced back at her. He thought about her question as he turned back to face forward, thinking that she most likely was trustworthy enough to tell what he was doing here. "You're right, I am not an archeologist, though that would have been an interesting career to pick up maybe. I don't expect to run into danger, but I do plan on keeping us safe on our journey. I don't like taking chances, since anything can happen. As for the sword itself... let's just say it's part of my ancestry and is rightfully mine by birthright. I wouldn't mind just letting it rest, but again, I don't like the idea that someone else could dig this up and harness its power; I wouldn't want it to fall into dangerous hands." he answered truthfully. There was no reason to keep the information from her since she was spending her time accompanying him after all. Not to mention that he was aware that she had a magical presence, though he had no clue to what degree.

The parasol thing only made his observation concrete that she had some sort of affinity to magic and probably had more spells at her disposal than he could ever dream of. He was only starting off in the application of magic after all, so he wasn't going to put his faith into his magical abilities just yet. Ironically enough, the very item they were searching for would have so much supernatural power that he was slightly intimidated that he wouldn't be able to handle it. From what he remembered from his visions about both the appropriate counterpart that had handled the sword before him, that reincarnation of Lex was able to strike an entire building with one strike and cut it clean in half, among other things. Even though that variant clearly did the necessary requirements to handle such power, he wasn't sure if he himself actually could. He had to keep in mind that unlike the other Lex, he had not seen actual combat, had not fought in an actual war and did not know what it meant to actually hold such an invigorating yet destructive power in his grasp.

Suddenly the scouter would begin chiming very lowly into his ear, indicating that it had found something within the area before they reached a more spacious room within the temple. He hesitated at first, letting the scouter do its work to scan the entire room as he panned his head left to right, giving it a chance to analyze everything within the area. It didn't take long before he fully scanned the room, showing that nothing inside was harmful or set to be a trap, alluring the man to walk forward as he suddenly pressed a button on his scouter to shine brightly from the lens to illuminate the vicinity around him. He felt rather silly for simply not having a flashlight of sorts on him, but he would keep that in mind next time to have something to illuminate dark areas once he got out of this jam. Without a doubt however, the scouter read that the sword was currently a few feet under the ground, which was beneath several stone tiles. With another spell, he started lifting up the stones in a slow but steady manner, not trying to activate anything in case there was a trap that his scouter could have possibly missed. He wasn't sure if Minerva could see the large room practically being pitch black, but he had hoped that it didn't freak her out, considering that she didn't seem hindered from things like being afraid of the dark.

Template By: [THEFROST]

Last edited by Lex Prailius on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Minerva Winthrop
Minerva Winthrop
Starter Member

Chronicle Four | The Catalyst - Chapter One: Buried Feelings - Part 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chronicle Four | The Catalyst - Chapter One: Buried Feelings - Part 3

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Lex seemed to have given her a straight answer. Honestly, she thought he would be more vague in his response. If the sword actually belongs to him by birthright, does that mean he has a long family history of descendants with prestige to their name? It looks like this little expedition would be even more interesting if the history of the sword would help provide information about the person Minerva was traveling with.

“Harness the swords' power? What kind of power? If it is powerful you are not planning to do something foolish with it are you?” She asked with a giggle.

Lex stopped, indicating he may have found something, possibly the sword as he began to meticulously move stones and other debris out the way. While he did have his own light, it still didn't light the entire room.

“Here let me help.” she said raising her free left hand.

In a second she created a small energy ball the size of a golf ball shining almost as bright as the sun. It was bright enough to illuminate every square inch of the room they were in. She initially thought against using anymore magic, but she wanted to get a good look at whatever he found, especially if he was telling the truth.

If the sword is a powerful magical item she couldn't resist making a copy for herself. After all, that is why she came to this world, this dimension. To find magical items was one of her favorite hobbies and also part of her research. There was probably no one else in existence who had a larger accumulation of magical items then her. She,who dedicated a whole secret dimension solely to storing her massive collection. In addition, she had also started to take an interest in technology. How fortunate for her that she stumbled into a person who seemed to be familiar with both magic and technology.

• Magic used:
Spoiler:

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Lex Prailius
Lex Prailius
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
 Chronicle Four | The Catalyst - Chapter One: Buried Feelings - Part 3 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11500/20000 Chronicle Four | The Catalyst - Chapter One: Buried Feelings - Part 3 - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11500/20000)
Tiers:

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:00 pm

He wasn't sure exactly how much he would tell her about the rest of the sword's history, halfway thinking that he could either bore her or get her so interested in the sword that she would try to take it for herself for being so tempting. "Hehe, no worries there, I wasn't planning on doing something outrageous with it. But I have been keeping up with some of the people of this timeline, and they are quite powerful. It would be unwise to let this kind of thing still be out into the open for other people to get." he explained, watching as the light began to illuminate the entire room. Well this was rather bright, actually impressed with the amount of light that she gave off with her spell as he continued lifting up the stones with his own spell. It didn't take much longer after that before all of the tiles were put onto the other side of the hole he had created.

He hopped down into the miniature hole that was within the floor and began digging through the earth below, not taking any time at all to bring his hand upon the hilt of the legendary sword that he had been looking for all this time. He slowly pulled it out, trying to be quite careful as he saw that the dark blue tinted blade was slowly coming out of the ground. As he expected, the scouter would lowly chime within his ear as the lens began to display several lines of information about the sword that was in his hand. "There's my baby..." he whispered to himself, finally erecting it into the air to inspect to the fullest of his ability. After a few moments, he glanced back at Minerva with a mischievous grin, finally showing a sign of playfulness as he seemed to be quite happy with his find. He didn't feel its 'power' however, and was a bit concerned that he didn't achieve it as of yet. Maybe it didn't unlock for him because he wasn't trying to resonate with its power, but perhaps he would be able to once he concentrated on it for a few minutes or so. For now, he would jump out of the hole and then walk past Minerva, heading for the exit of the temple as he thought about just how he would harness its almost unlimited power. "Alright, let's go, we got what we came for." he exclaimed, swiftly walking out with a smile on his face. This was going to be the true beginning to his adventure, something he was sure was going to be filled with a lot of action packed turmoil and revelations.

Weapon:

Last edited by Lex Prailius on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Minerva Winthrop
Minerva Winthrop
Starter Member

Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:31 pm

“Hm...I see,” she replied.

She wondered what he was planning on using it for. Apparently there are many people in this world that are powerful and he needed an edge to balance things out. She may need to do some training herself if the world is too dangerous.

While she was waiting she noticed just how quiet the temple was.

“Hello!” she said loudly enough that there was an echo.

She giggled and said hello again even louder which created a louder echo.

“Echo echo! Tehe!” she added to amuse herself. The word echo creating an echo delighted her more than what an average person who feel appropriate.

It didn't take long before he found what he was looking for. Besides the blue color there was nothing out of the ordinary about the sword. She still didn't feel any magic emanating from the sword. Perhaps it needed to be activated. The way he talked about it, it couldn't be a normal sword. And just like that it was time to go. He wasn't wasting anymore time in this place, already heading back toward the entrance.

“Well that was quick. Where are you planning to go? By the way, aren't you getting hungry or thirsty? You don't happen to have tea on you by any chance? And a nap sure sounds nice.” She asked innocently pestering him.

• Magic used:
Spoiler:

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Lex Prailius
Lex Prailius
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:33 am

Despite Lex's more methodical behavior about the situation, Minerva seemed to be taking this a bit more lighthearted, suddenly shouting within the temple's chamber to try and get a loud echo throughout the room. He had glanced up during his inspection at times, his scouter put on search mode to see if there were any sudden movements within the area that didn't seem warranted. He would shift his attention from the blade in his grasp entrances and exits to the room from time to time, being sure that his scouter could pick up anything out of the ordinary in case he had missed something. He said nothing about the girl's peculiar outburst, coming to the assumption that she was most likely bored. Was there a chance that her boredom could have gotten the both of them into some trouble? Perhaps, but he figured that if she was curious enough to ask such questions about his sword, she would be intuitive to guess that she might be putting them in danger by shouting like that. Besides, she had displayed on several occasions that she had an affinity for magic, so perhaps she wasn't worried in the slightest about what might come out of the depths of the temple since she could probably handle it. He wasn't exactly willing to find out though, making his way to the exit as swiftly as he could manage without making it obvious of rushing.

It was still about a twenty minute trek however from the heart of the temple and to the exit, the man using this time to contemplate on how exactly he would come about 'activating' the sword to give him the power he desired from it. He would need to most likely meditate with the sword, try to draw out the essence of King Arthur and his followers. After all, from what he remembered pertaining to the sword from all of the visions he had, the power didn't necessarily come from the blade itself, it came from the willpower of all those who believed in King Arthur's cause. Suddenly Minerva's questions brought him out of his thoughts, glancing over in her direction as he pondered on them. The first one was a good question after all; where was he going to go after they left from India? Well, what was the most important thing after the sword? He needed his wristband for sure, but something told him that with a new companion that he barely knew, it was probably wise to either make something that could follow him around and keep an eye on Minerva or just find a sentient being smart enough to understand his plans and fast enough to keep up with him physically. Before he got the chance to think more on it, it seemed his sixth sense had already found an answer to his curiosity, giving him a vision of one of the previous counterparts that had a direct solution to what he was seeking next.

Deep within the Konuma Forest...
The dark skinned male slowly crouched down, a warm smile on his face as he saw the grey furred vixen scurry into his direction before leaping and crashing softly into his chest. 'Lex! You have returned!' came the vixen's excited thoughts rushing into his mind as he felt her rub against him affectionately. The ninja couldn't help but snicker at the vixen's adorableness, still finding such behavior to be rather peculiar and still wasn't used to it just yet. "Easy Nina, easy. I told you I would return when I was sure that you were well rested and healthy again. That last battle took a heavy toll on you and I wanted to make sure that you healed properly." he said with a bit of concern. 'Yes, I am fine, but an entire month seems like a rather extended amount of time just to let me heal, don't you think? Keep in mind that we are not regular creatures and do not need as much time to recover from injuries as the next animal.' she informed, a puzzled look on her face as she thought this. Lex gave a sigh as he gently rummaged his hand through Nina's mane, thinking about the vixen's words as he slowly stood up with the small creature in his hands, allowing her to climb onto his chest and then perch herself onto his shoulder. "I'm well aware, but you have seen battle far too often as of late, so I figured some tranquility and peace and quiet would do you some good. I know you Nina... you don't exactly know when to say no to me... I can't have you getting hurt over my yearning for order." he replied, slowly walking towards the exit of the forest as he turned his head to look at his current summons. The vixen glanced away from the man, a distant expression set on her face as she realized that he was right.

'I just want to make sure that you're safe. I am your summon after all, so when you need me, I'll be there, that's just how it is.' came her soft voice in his mind. Lex didn't respond right away, walking in silence for a few minutes as he continued making his way towards the exit of the forest and towards the exit of the mountainside. As he saw the exit of the forest however, he turned around to face his companion with a serious expression. "I'd like to think that you would make the right choice if I were to ask too much of you, to turn me down if the task was too much. I'd really like to believe that." he exclaimed, now making his way through the mountainside and out into the forest bordering Hoshi Village. The small creature would nod before lying down fully upon his shoulder, seeming defeated as she gave a small tired sigh. 'Alright Lex, I'll keep it in mind.' her voice echoed within his mind.

Lex's eyesight began to slowly clear as the vision he had seen faded from his mind's eye. He had his answer to his question, a loyal companion that wasn't going to even second guess his motives and make sure that he was safe. He had seen visions of that counterpart before, remembering several instances within his visions that the location was marked somewhere in Japan. He wondered if Minerva would actually tag along with him going there as well, which from her question, seemed most likely at this point. He turned to face her as they reached the temple exit, standing at the top of the steps which lead to the entrance before he began to tell her his current plans. "We'll be going to Japan, there's someone else I'd like to have come with us on our journey. As for your snack and tea, unfortunately I have nothing of the sort on me. Food and drinks tends to slip my mind often due to a certain spell I have that quenches your hunger and thirst." he began, his mind falling onto the question about her taking a nap as well.

Though the very spell he mentioned had the ability to get rid of fatigue as well, he didn't find it wise to force her to be up a large sum of hours at a time if she wasn't used to it. She could take a nap in the plane and Lex could further figure out what he was going to do about this plan of his to retrieve all of his equipment back. While she napped, he could also start testing out the wind spells he had been learning from the Niosha Tome, never actually giving himself time to practice it. "Ummm, you can sleep in the plane however, I'd be sure to protect you until you wake again, and it gives me time to practice something I've been meaning to for quite some time now." he mentioned, now slowly making his way down the stairs as he brought the sword back up to inspect again. Since it was so dark now that it was fully night time, he couldn't tell much from it, so he just clipped it back to right side of his waist, next to the stun rod where it would stay until he got some better lighting again. He wasn't sure how Minerva would take the suggestion, but he would hope that it didn't cause any problems.

Last edited by Lex Prailius on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Minerva Winthrop
Minerva Winthrop
Starter Member

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:26 pm

She could tell that Lex was in serious thought and was pondering for a while. She was quiet on the way back as to be respectful and not do anything to distract his state of mind. As they were nearing the exit, she dissipated the energy ball and stopped manipulating gravity now walking on the ground again. At this time he began to answer her questions.

“Japan? Have you been there before?” she inquired.

She noticed he used the word “we” when talking about the next destination. So it seemed he already wanted her to go along. That was just fine with her. As nice and exotic this place was, she wasn't sure she was comfortable about the current government. She wouldn't be surprised if they were being watched right at this very moment. She would rather avoid any more unnecessary misunderstandings and conflict with those in charge of this country. Perhaps encounters in the next country would go more smoothly. So far, Lex had done nothing with the sword. She assumed that he was going to find another item. Maybe the next item would be more exciting.

When he mentioned that someone else would join them, she couldn't help but feel interested and yet jealous.

“I knew it!” She blurted out. “I was correct before that you was planning on meeting someone else!” she said with her parasol hand on her hip and the other pointing at him with her accusatory finger. “Is this mystery person a female? It is a girl isn't it?” She continued on to the next subject. “Its a shame you solve your hunger and thirst with magic. You are missing out on the finer things in life.”

When he mentioned about her sleeping in the plane she retorted in a slightly annoyed voice.

“Your plane isn't exactly a hotel. How do you expect me to sleep with the wind blowing in my face?” she said crossing her arms. “It's already dark. Perhaps we should stay here for the night? And what do you mean by practicing? Is it magic or a martial art?” All of a sudden she was interested with her curious puppy dog eyes on her face. “May I watch, may I?” She asked impatiently.

Total mana used- 0
Mana replenished- 50
Total mana (1870/2000)

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Lex Prailius
Lex Prailius
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:10 am

Lex shook his head at her question, wondering what it would be like himself. He was hoping that the place would be a bit more easier to get into than Eldrazi, since after all, the place they were heading for was going to be a whole lot more private than excavating this temple. They didn't need overbearing security or curious locals getting in the way of his next objective. "No I'm afraid, I haven't been there, but I'm sure that we'll be prepared for anything that we come across. Let's just still keep our heads down and make sure we don't cause any trouble. If we do this right, we should be able to go in and out without causing any ruckus." he suggested, still pondering about what exactly they could be running into once they reached the part of Japan that they needed to go to. Once they started heading down the stairs as he told her about adding a new companion to the group, there was quite a surprising reaction from the woman as she questioned him who this new person was and if she was a female or not.

This threw Lex off for a bit, not understanding why she would just jump to a conclusion like that as he rose an eyebrow while looking in her direction. It didn't make any sense why she would assume such a thing, and even if she did, why it was seen as a problem. What did it matter if it was a guy or a girl? They were necessary, and that was all that mattered for their journey; oh how clueless Lex was about females, or any general human personality traits for that matter. He was 'aware' of it, so to speak, but to understand it when the example was put right in front of him, he couldn't connect it, not seeing Minerva as being silly or having a harmless tinge of jealousy for their other companion, but rather, Minerva having her concerns in the wrong places.

Only after a few moments of thinking hard on it did it click to him about such tendencies of a woman, his eyes widening in an instant before turning away from the girl with a somewhat tired sigh. Oddly, she didn't like the idea of having another girl on the team, for one reason or another. Finally figuring this out, he turned towards her again while rubbing the back of his head with an uncomfortable glance towards her. He actually thought about a way to be coy with her about this, do the 'usual' thing one of the previous Lex counterparts would do and string this along to milk her for a reaction. But he wasn't the other Lex counterparts, and he wasn't in the mood to play games. "Ummm... look... it's a pet. So even though it's female, you don't have to worry about it." he exclaimed. Her next remark brought a little more light to how she thought of things, perhaps even displayed her personality quite accurately with just that remark alone. She enjoyed life for what it was, didn't see things as a chore or a mission, a goal to be reached of sorts. But to Lex, he felt like if there was a way to make things no longer required, to make things in life as optimal as possible, then he would achieve it by mostly any means he could. This 'finer things in life' concept was certainly the opposite way in which Lex lived. He just didn't have it in him to understand why bother with such concerns when he could get rid of them all together to keep himself at his peak at all times, be ready for anything in case something happened.

The response about sleeping in the plane only made him lean more towards him thinking that she was more of a laid back person due to her requests. It was funny enough that she mentioned wind blowing in her face though since that was the very thing that he wanted to practice on. Perhaps that could be part of his training too? Keeping the wind from blowing in her face while she slept? But nah, at this point he would figure it would come off as more of a crude joke and a lame one at that, so he decided to just answering her question to get her to and see he was taking this seriously. "I think the plush seat in the plane would be a lot more comfortable than the cold stone floor of the temple. Besides, I could electronically lower the pilot seat so you can have more room to lie in. As for the practicing... it's magic. And I promise you, it's not something you want to watch. I'm a rather meticulous man so I'm pretty sure it'll be quite boring to spectate. I want to make sure I have the greatest control over what I'm going to be doing." he exclaimed. The truth was, he wasn't sure what he would be starting out with when it came to his spells and he didn't want someone trying to tell him things while he was trying to concentrate on his task at hand.

Again though, he realized that he might come off as rude, so he balled up his fist and brought it up to his mouth before clearing his throat, a habit of nerves he seemed to not be able to shake. "I tell you what? You should get a little bit of sleep, I'll be up all night I think, and once you've got a bit of rest, then you can watch me practice if you're still interested." he offered. There, he figured that would be fair, she would be able to recover from any fatigue for the moment and be able to watch him if she really cared to do so, that should have been a win-win as far as he was concerned. He would hope she would see it the same way though, that's what mattered in this situation anyway.

Last edited by Lex Prailius on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Minerva Winthrop
Minerva Winthrop
Starter Member

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Minerva nodded politely as she listened to his thoughts on Japan. She was right that the other person was female but according to Lex she was a “pet”.

“What do you mean a pet? Is it a dog or cat?”

If what he was saying was true, then she didn't feel the need to dwell on it. She would find out for herself. Apparently he was going to stay up all night. She wanted to watch but was hungry and quite tired. She had a plan.

Since Lex couldn't provide any nourishment, she would have to do it herself. She raised her hand and a tray of biscuits and tea gently glided down from a rift in the dimension. Like the proper lady she is, she ate without making any mess and sipped from the cup slowly and with careful purpose.
When she finished she threw the cup and tray behind her in the air into an opened dimensional rift. Yes it seems silly to ask for food and drink when she can acquire it so trivially, however she preferred to not be overly dependent on her magic.

She threw the parasol in the air and it disappeared in a dimensional rift. After that she began to climb into the plane and crawled into the seat.

While she made herself comfortable in the seat, she turned back toward Lex with annoyed face.

“Don't look, I am going to undress. If you do, you will regret it!”

She then began to take off her long dark blue dress revealing a white lace trimmed slip underneath. She also was wearing white lace trimmed thigh-highs and garter belt. She raised her hand and a small green blanket fell out of a dimensional rift above her. Even though India was quite hot, she like snuggling under a blanket.

She yawned, cover her mouth and decided laying down in the plane would be the best course of action. She closed her eyes, whispering very lowly, casting a spell. A clone of herself appeared out of a rift above her two hundred feet in the air. The clone looked exactly like her with the same clothes and parasol. This clone was here to watch over her as Minerva slept. She wasn't sure if she could trust Lex just yet. But...she was curious to know if was looking at her.

• Magic used:
Spoiler:

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Lex Prailius
Lex Prailius
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:09 pm

Lex had to admit, she was quite persistent. After hearing the question about whether their new partner would be a dog or a cat, he waited until she was finished before answering as politely as he could. "She's a fox, a really small one if I remember correctly. She might have grown over the past few hundred years though..." he trailed off, legitimately thinking about the creature's size since so much time had passed. He let his thoughts drift away however as he saw that she not only tossed her parasol into a hole that seemed to come literally out of thin air, but then beckon a tray of food and a drink from another hole right after that. This had the man curious, not for the fact that she could call upon portals that probably led to God knows what, but that she had just asked about some food and tea when she could have summoned such a thing herself this entire time.

This woman was certainly strange, but he was sure that if he stuck around her more he would get to understand her drive of thinking soon enough. He noticed that when she was done with the food, she tossed the tray back into the drift and then climbed into the pane where he assumed she would be getting herself comfortable. Her words about undressing came as a bit of a surprise, since he wasn't expecting her to get THAT comfortable. "Of course." he exclaimed, still confused as to why she would undress under such conditions but didn't bother questioning it. He simply turned to face the other way as she mentioned it, trying to show some courtesy as he had no interest in trying to start any trouble. He wasn't sure how long he would be waiting however, and wasn't aware at first that Minerva had summoned a clone to watch over herself. After a few minutes, he had decided to move onto his plan of practicing his wind spells, knowing that this most likely could avoid bothering Minerva and get himself stronger until she was to wake again. That seemed like a fair plan to him. If the weather did manage to bother Minerva however, whether it got too cold or hot, he figured that with the training he was about to commence in would be a perfect piece of exercise for his wind spells to come into good use.

Last edited by Lex Prailius on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lex Prailius
Lex Prailius
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:28 am

Lex was more than ready to begin his training with his wind magical spells, knowing that they would come in handy for various things like carrying or even extinguishing sound from the area all together, giving a strong physical force in various forms, and even use as modes of transportation. It had quite the number of applications if used correctly, but he of course would need to begin training right away on it. As he made his way towards the outline of the forest however so he could not disturb Minerva, that was when he was suddenly visited by another Split Fracture Vision.

The confident leader of the most powerful empire in the world swung the sword multiple times in the air as he gave a quizzical expression at the blade in his possession. "What is it Lex? Didn't you say you felt the power resonate from the Catalyst?" came the inquiry of his curious wife. Not answering right away, the oak skinned male kept swinging his sword at the air with a disgruntled look on his face. "Yeah... I did, but I've used it twice so far and nothing special has happened. No extra strength, no extended length, not even a sharper edge. The power just went away after we left that cave I guess." he exclaimed, swinging the blade violently at the air one final time as he grunted in annoyance.

Before the intuitive woman could respond to her husband's obvious disappointment in his newfound treasure, the blade in Lex's hand would suddenly glow brightly with a deep blue hue, so much so that despite it's seemingly dark color, the brightness was still intense enough for the two to squint and shield their eyes with their hands. Eventually the illumination from the blade from fade before revealing itself once again, only not as a blade, but a three foot staff made out of the same blue metal material as before, prentium alloy. This was amazing, the couple's expressions showing nothing less than being bewildered and amazed. "Lex... what did you do?" Pyra whispered, as if the two of them were children who could get in trouble with their parents if such a secret were to ever be found out. "I didn't do anything, but I do have an idea what happened. Right before the blade changed its form, I was thinking of making a staff with this same metal material, thinking about taking our troops to mine for prentium. Perhaps it wasn't fulfilling my exact wishes, but it did feel my thoughts on making a staff... I'm going to test something out." he finished in a rush tone, closing his eyes to actually concentrate this time.

There was no need, the weapon in hand feeling its owner's desires of becoming a different weapon as it suddenly formed into a pair of daggers, amazing the man all the more as he glanced at each miniature blade within both of his hands. "Wow..." was all that escaped Pyra, the woman looking over both of the overly designed short ranged melee weapons with great interest. Lex was no better, simply turning his hand to inspect both weapons as he held onto the handles quite firmly, which was surprisingly comfortable for him. "Incredible..." he mumbled, now feeling the power of determination and willpower resonate inside of him once again from the weapons in hand. He was starting to understand on how to use the weapon, and he was sure that with this kind of ability, it was going to be that much harder for his enemies to take him down.

As the vision faded, Lex's eyes widened in shock as the sudden burst of a strong force began to fill his body. It was so much in such a short amount of time, the young man barely able to handle it as he fell to his knees and clutched onto his chest, breathing heavily as shorts bursts of images began to fill his mind's eye about everyone who seemed to wish goodwill and even pray for King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, even those who wanted Camelot to truly prosper seemed to be filling his sixth sense as he heard the whispers and outcries of those who fought in the name of the true king. His breath began to quicken, shorten even, each moment that passed was making him more lightheaded due to the lack of oxygen he was getting from his breathing patterns. Was this what kind of experience the previous Lex got? Seeing so many people's faces, hearing their wishes, their promises, their hopes and their dreams, it was overwhelming; overbearing.

'Lex damnit... get a grip on yourself! If you don't get it together then this weapon will consume you! Remember what you're fighting for but most importantly, don't forget who they serve!' he seemed to scream at himself in his mind, releasing a shuddering breath as his wide eyed gaze began to return to normal, his sight seeming to slowly fade back to reality as the images of the villagers, knights, admirers and even historians over the passing years began to wisp away from his vision. Lex began recollecting himself as he gave a few shuddering breaths and picked himself off of the ground, his eyes trailing towards the sword only to notice that it was seeming to glow with a low illuminating effect and getting brighter by the second, only to fade in its glow until it didn't glow at all, then start glowing again.

This process reminded him of an electronic gadget of sorts that seemed to be put on standby, watching it glow in such a way. Perhaps that's what it was, alerting him that the weapon was indeed on standby. He smirked as he patted the hilt of the Catalyst several times before grinning a bit, finally heading back towards the temple as he figured there was no need to do his wind spells training just yet after such a discovery, wanting to test out the weapon changing abilities that the artifact actually had. He couldn't wait to test it out!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum