Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active Since June 3rd, 2010]
Welcome to Bleach Platinum Hearts RP! This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2416, over 400 years away from the Original Bleach's timeline. It has elements of both canon and custom for a unique mixture of role playing never seen before on Bleach. To get started, please sign up and read our starter guide:

http://www.platinumhearts.net/t13634-bleach-platinum-hearts-starter-s-guide

And again, welcome to our Bleach RP.

Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active Since June 3rd, 2010]

This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2417, over 400 years after the original Bleach Storyline. Join our Bleach RP today

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
'Yo, Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find an assortment of Site News. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member Of The Year: Henrex --- Character Of The Year: Arianda Vael & Mana Asthavon & Niflheim P.--- Fight Thread Of The Year: Sector J [OPERATION MOON MASSACRE] & Divine Punishment [OPERATION MOON MASSACRE] --- Most Inventive Character Of The Year: Liu Xinshen & Kamui Cruor --- Most Helpful Character Of The Year: Cirno Iramasha & Azure Iramasha --- Most Proactive Member Of The Year: Morph --- Most Influential Character Of The Year: Mana Asthavon --- Most Creative Power Of The Year: Liu Xinshen [App Powers] --- Most Improved Character Of The Year: Ibiki Suika/Kenpachi & Desmond Hayden & Henrex Astillon --- Most Pivotal Thread Of The Year: Divine Punishment [OPERATION MOON MASSACRE] & Formation Of The Iron Banner & An End To The Madness
STAFF
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Rules

Help Center

Quick-Links

Race Specs

Templates

Organizations

Latest topics
» Definitely not a shrine [Open]
Yesterday at 10:20 pm by MWD

» The Kokuryuteshi Empire
Yesterday at 10:15 pm by Sei003

» Weeklong Anyburst: Round Five [#GUTS EDITION]
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Sei003

» Alfonso [Finished]
Yesterday at 10:06 pm by MWD

» Damn Freeloaders... Freeloading. [Junko/Yaksha] [CLOSED]
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by Angry Charmander

» Go Big or Go Home [Shuten]
Yesterday at 9:06 pm by MWD

» Ritsuko's Purchase
Yesterday at 8:33 pm by MWD

» The Beginning of a Beautiful Future [Diplomacy W/Panama]
Yesterday at 3:37 pm by That Guy...

» Megalomania
Yesterday at 3:05 pm by Guest

» The Jamaica Brawl, Mon [Fight Thread Mention Of The Week]
Yesterday at 12:28 pm by [THEFROST]

Top posters
[THEFROST]

JJ

Hydræ

Chao

Pockeh

Tsubine

Forsaken Crow

Kade

Sᵃ ᶥ ᶦ ˣ ♚

M A G I

Statistics
We have 2447 registered users
The newest registered user is Lotus

Our users have posted a total of 113415 messages in 17234 subjects
Top posting users this week
Word Counter

Discord App
Share | 

Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Bhairyuu
Experienced Member

¥ Yen : 40539221

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Subject Post 101PostSubject: Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]   Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:52 am

alright, I will post a rough draft of this concept and the powersets and abilities therein soon. Thanks for being patient with me, Frost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[THEFROST]
Head Admin
Head Admin

OTY

¥ Yen : 2148249247

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
999999/999999  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 102PostSubject: Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]   Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:51 pm

@Bhairyuu wrote:
alright, I will post a rough draft of this concept and the powersets and abilities therein soon. Thanks for being patient with me, Frost.

NP, man. I just look forward to seeing you get this done. You should also visit our cbox some time. We got a secondary one we are experimenting with since xat is messing up. You can view it under the xat on the main page or at this link:

http://my.cbox.ws/PlatinumHeartsRP

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.platinumhearts.net Online
Bhairyuu
Experienced Member

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Subject Post 103PostSubject: Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:46 am

yeah me too, I am steadily finishing the powersets one by one and am trying to make sure they are balanced. while we are on the subject, you have seen my gravity power from before right? If I were to link it to the earth magic, how limited would I have to make my character's usage of this power? And can I lump in metal magic with the earth magic since metal magic is a refined form of earth magic?

- Also is my character stuck with the powers he chooses at character creation for the Onmyodo concept or can he unlock Divination as well when he reaches tier 0?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[THEFROST]
Head Admin
Head Admin

OTY

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
Tiers:

Subject Post 104PostSubject: Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]   Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:53 am

@Bhairyuu wrote:
yeah me too, I am steadily finishing the powersets one by one and am trying to make sure they are balanced. while we are on the subject, you have seen my gravity power from before right? If I were to link it to the earth magic, how limited would I have to make my character's usage of this power? And can I lump in metal magic with the earth magic since metal magic is a refined form of earth magic?

- Also is my character stuck with the powers he chooses at character creation for the Onmyodo concept or can he unlock Divination as well when he reaches tier 0?

I'd just ensure it could be countered and defended against. Along with that, make it use energy for each effect and possibly have some sort of aura around it so people can see it.

And everyone can grow into powers, so yes.

Back to top Go down
Bhairyuu
Experienced Member

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Subject Post 105PostSubject: Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]   Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:28 am

well, the drawbacks to the gravity manipulation are pretty heavy since he can't use any other power simultaneously and also since the stronger the gravity technique he uses, the more his speed will drop in magnitude.

Also, he has to focus all his mental and physical energy when using his gravity magic, so, I suppose I can just increase the energy cost to be double or triple that of other more common powers even at the lowest levels (e.g. if a tier 4 fire tech costs him 20 energy, then a gravity tech of the same tier would cost him 40 energy or something like that irrespective of what tier he is as a character.)

oh while we are on this subject, could I devise an energy system for him to draw from? You know just to make this more quantitative since my concept is so complicated to begin with? And if I can have this pool of energy (energy will be measured in energy units or EUs), can it grow larger as he grows in experience and ability as a character?

As for the aura you spoke of, I was thinking it would be most relevant to the AoE techs (Gravity Wave Control, Celestial Body Summoning and Black Hole Creation)

Regarding countering the gravity magic, I would say that any character who had telekinesis equal in tier to my character's gravity magic would be able to resist the effects. Similarly, any powerful air magic user could escape its effects easily, not to mention other gravity users and force field manipulators can ward off my character's techs. So where do I mention what I just told you and how detailed do you want it?

Cool, so he can unlock the divination powers if and when he reaches tier 0 then? That would be awesome to look forward to!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bhairyuu
Experienced Member

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Subject Post 106PostSubject: Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]   Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:36 am

Also, did you ever get around to updating my character's danava concept claim and reserve to have it be Onmyodo Arts instead of "Nature and Metals"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bhairyuu
Experienced Member

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Subject Post 107PostSubject: Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]   Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:13 am

just a quick question but what is your ruling on technique ranges? I am going to put close range as (0-60m) mid as (60-180m) and long as (180-300m). Would you be willing to allow this or should I nerf the distances some?

On another unrelated note, would it be alright for me to change my character's last name from "Kurokami" to "Yagami"? "Bhairyuu Yagami" has a better ring to it so if you would not mind updating the Shadowfall list in the sixth circle where my character is the ArchDuke/GrandDuke to reflect this, that would be awesome.

I was checking out the cybermind store and i had a few questions.

- first can my character get stuff from there even though he is a demon? I mean the cyberbrain surgery and other such non race specific things.

-i found the prosthetic limb part and i wad wondering can he have something like a dart shooter installed in addition to the other standard mods?

- I see that characters can buy a robotic partner of sorts. Can i have this partner channel my danava's eternal partner so that she can fight beside him and help train him and such?

Also if i can my danava the cyberbrain, the prosthetic limbs and robot partner, then would it be possible to control the latter two with the former? I mean being able to use the cyberbrain to control the prostethic limb and robot partner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[THEFROST]
Head Admin
Head Admin

OTY

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
Tiers:

Subject Post 108PostSubject: Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]   Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:42 am

@Bhairyuu wrote:
well, the drawbacks to the gravity manipulation are pretty heavy since he can't use any other power simultaneously and also since the stronger the gravity technique he uses, the more his speed will drop in magnitude.

Also, he has to focus all his mental and physical energy when using his gravity magic, so, I suppose I can just increase the energy cost to be double or triple that of other more common powers even at the lowest levels (e.g. if a tier 4 fire tech costs him 20 energy, then a gravity tech of the same tier would cost him 40 energy or something like that irrespective of what tier he is as a character.)

That's fine.

Quote :
oh while we are on this subject, could I devise an energy system for him to draw from? You know just to make this more quantitative since my concept is so complicated to begin with? And if I can have this pool of energy (energy will be measured in energy units or EUs), can it grow larger as he grows in experience and ability as a character?

That's acceptable.

Quote :
As for the aura you spoke of, I was thinking it would be most relevant to the AoE techs (Gravity Wave Control, Celestial Body Summoning and Black Hole Creation)

Regarding countering the gravity magic, I would say that any character who had telekinesis equal in tier to my character's gravity magic would be able to resist the effects. Similarly, any powerful air magic user could escape its effects easily, not to mention other gravity users and force field manipulators can ward off my character's techs. So where do I mention what I just told you and how detailed do you want it?

I would mention it somewhere in a drawback/limitation section of the power and explain it as best as you possibly can.

Quote :
Cool, so he can unlock the divination powers if and when he reaches tier 0 then? That would be awesome to look forward to!

Yes.

@Bhairyuu wrote:
Also, did you ever get around to updating my character's danava concept claim and reserve to have it be Onmyodo Arts instead of "Nature and Metals"?

Yes.

@Bhairyuu wrote:
just a quick question but what is your ruling on technique ranges? I am going to put close range as (0-60m) mid as (60-180m) and long as (180-300m). Would you be willing to allow this or should I nerf the distances some?

That's fine.

Quote :
On another unrelated note, would it be alright for me to change my character's last name from "Kurokami" to "Yagami"? "Bhairyuu Yagami" has a better ring to it so if you would not mind updating the Shadowfall list in the sixth circle where my character is the ArchDuke/GrandDuke to reflect this, that would be awesome.

I'll do that and you can change his name

Quote :
I was checking out the cybermind store and i had a few questions.

- first can my character get stuff from there even though he is a demon? I mean the cyberbrain surgery and other such non race specific things.

-i found the prosthetic limb part and i wad wondering can he have something like a dart shooter installed in addition to the other standard mods?

- I see that characters can buy a robotic partner of sorts. Can i have this partner channel my danava's eternal partner so that she can fight beside him and help train him and such?

Also if i can my danava the cyberbrain, the prosthetic limbs and robot partner, then would it be possible to control the latter two with the former? I mean being able to use the cyberbrain to control the prostethic limb and robot partner.

The rest of these questions were answered here:

http://www.platinumhearts.net/t7253p310-thefrost-s-communication-thread#98287

Back to top Go down
Bhairyuu
Experienced Member

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Subject Post 109PostSubject: Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]   Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:19 am

Sounds good so far, just some more questions:

- wha'ts the biggest range of tech you're willing to allow? I heard that some players could attack from more than a mile away, so i was just curious.

-for the energy pool, i had this idea:

-well he would eventually have an energy pool that is around 3000 units at Master rank. This is how it would develop:
-0: 3000
1: 2500
2: 2000
3: 1500
4: 1000
5: 500

He will be keeping 300 units for basic life support and such so he would that amount unavailable for use no matter what. This is what it would look like:

0: 2700 u
1: 2200 u
2: 1700 u
3: 1200 u
4: 700 u
5: 200 u

Now i thought he could a system of seals in place which when released would provide with the difference between the baseline 100 he has to work with and the functional energy pool at each level. This is what it would look like:

0: 2700
Base: 100
6th seal: 1300
7th seal: 1300

1: 2200
5th seal: 2100

2: 1700
4th seal: 1600

3: 1200
3rd seal: 1100

4: 700
2nd seal: 600

5: 200
1st seal: 100

So would this system be okay with you?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bhairyuu
Experienced Member

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Subject Post 110PostSubject: Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]   Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:22 pm

About the poison darts, i happen to have a good deal of knowledge about various poisons, so would it be for me to request a range of specific poisons to be applied to the darts I buy from Cybermind?

On another note, about my concerns for my ideas being taken, I have a solution if you are willing to allow it. I can describe those cybermind products and mods in my character appearance and equipment in detail with everything we discussed as if my character already had them and then put in a custom order for them at Cybermind after my character is approved and ready to RP. That sound okay to you, bro? I figured if it is listed in my character app and then approved then those ideas can't be stolen ooc at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next