Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Bhairyuu
Bhairyuu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0/1000Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 Empty Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]

Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:31 am
okay so I will just reapply for the onmyodo concept for my danava then. Thanks for allowing me to do this. I will try to upload a rough draft of the omyodo concept and the powers it gives my character by the end of this week so you can go through it and tell me if it is acceptable or not.

Also I see that the Blood concept is open for now. Can a danava have two different concepts and if so do they have to be related? I am just asking so I can clarify my doubts. Sorry for the trouble.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 Empty Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:11 am
REPLYING

That's fine. Just take your time since I know you are busy with med school.

And yes. Like with most power sets, you need to figure out a way to relate them and have them make sense.

Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 WVMWLOu
Bhairyuu
Bhairyuu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0/1000Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:00 am
I see, okay I will see if I can come up with a way to relate the two then. Thanks for approving my changeover so quickly, Frost.

well, one of the powers that the Onmyodo concept gives to my character is elemental manipulations or Wu Xing and so he can manipulate fire, plants, earth, water, and metals. I was hoping to have the "Blood"
concept too since blood manipulation is a more specialized form of water manipulation, if that makes any sense. Also, Since he would be able to control the earth element as well, he could in theory be able to extend his influence to gravity since it is a more advanced form of earth manipulation. Does that make sense, bro?
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:01 am
REPLYING

I could potentially see those four elements working together if you are going for an avatar sort of thing. However, I'd be very careful when dealing with blood applications. I would need some more detail on what that does and ensured that it is handled with care.

As far as gravity manipulation goes -- I could see LIMITED usage of it through this element. It would be wiser to make this a Demon Spell, however, as opposed to having it related to his power.

Bhairyuu
Bhairyuu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:38 pm
oh okay, I will draw up the rough draft soon and post it up for you to take a look at. btw, the other possible things under the onmyodo arts are:

- Paper Charm Magic
- Sealing
- Shikigami arts
- Yin-Yang magic
- Spirit/Soul Magic
- Divination (Sukuyondo)
- Medical Magic (Jukondo)

Which ones these other power-sets would you be willing to allow under the onmyodo concept, if you don't mind me asking?
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:10 pm
REPLYING

Eh, I'd probably go ahead and use these three sets: Paper Charm Magic, Sealing and spirit magic. That's my opinion and what I feel the character should have.

Bhairyuu
Bhairyuu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:52 am
so in addition to Wu Xing, my character should be working with the three power sets you mentioned? Oh, I have an idea, since shikigami are basically captured, summoned and controlled through the use of paper dolls, I could merge the shikigami arts into the paper charm magic, you know kind of like the ultimate ability for that power-set. I would very much like to have the three you mentioned plus wu xing as well and I do believe I can make them work in a balanced manner.

oh and Happy Halloween, Frost! Nice work on the new skin, it looks really cool!
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:29 am
REPLYING

Yes.

And you can go ahead and combine them if you want. I don't care. Just make sure it is balanced, like you said.

And happy late Halloween to you. Thanks for liking the skin. Worked pretty hard on it.

Bhairyuu
Bhairyuu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:37 am
of course I will. So just to check, I will have my danava's new concept as "Onmyodo Arts" and under this concept, he will be using four different but related power-sets which are:

- Wu Xing Manipulation

In this one, I just had a few questions for you. You had said earlier that if I used gravity manipulation as one of the abilities derived from this power, that it would have to be limited. How limited are we talking here? On another note, since metal manipulation is a refined form of earth magic, I was hoping to lump it in under earth magic and use the slot for metals instead for air/wind magic.

- Paper Charm Magic

The Shikigami arts will be merged into this powerset for the reasons I stated earlier.

- Sealing Arts

- Spirit/Soul Magic
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:21 pm
Bhairyuu wrote:of course I will. So just to check, I will have my danava's new concept as "Onmyodo Arts" and under this concept, he will be using four different but related power-sets which are:

- Wu Xing Manipulation

In this one, I just had a few questions for you. You had said earlier that if I used gravity manipulation as one of the abilities derived from this power, that it would have to be limited. How limited are we talking here?

Just have cooldowns, detail explainations, illustartions and limitations. They can be mental, physical or something that balances the power if you go with something super strong. Now, if it's just something like fire manipulation, then the only cost you would need is just energy depletion as that is a pretty basic power imo.

So, just use some form of cost to make up for the benefit.

On another note, since metal manipulation is a refined form of earth magic, I was hoping to lump it in under earth magic and use the slot for metals instead for air/wind magic.

- Paper Charm Magic

The Shikigami arts will be merged into this powerset for the reasons I stated earlier.

- Sealing Arts

- Spirit/Soul Magic

I'd honestly just start writing this stuff up in the app since I do better with seeing the whole picture.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum