Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Empty Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha)

Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:21 pm
There was nothing quite like the forest of menos when it came to getting Yaksha's blood flowing. Something spoke to him, deep inside, getting him more ecstatic than he could normally hope to put into words by seeing so many hollows in one place. Perhaps it was just his ravenous empty pit hoping for a single pitiful moment that this would be the wonderful moment where he'd be able to sate it for any significant period of time.

Magical thinking, the humans called it. Such a thing was patently absurd, as anyone could tell you; even Yaksha knew this. But the feeling was still so hard to shrug off. Metacognition could only do so much to help you when every cell in your body was screaming that you had to try that damn all this logic and reason there was a perfectly good meal in front of you and you were going to eat, dammit.

For now, Yaksha did his best to stay engaged in some other way. He scanned the area, satisfied on some existential, incredible level by what he saw. There was something eerily beautiful about this desert, if you had been far away for long enough. Watching the faint play of light off in the distance, telltale signs of another struggle between predator and prey. Hearing the faint, ever so faint sounds underneath you of thousands of hollows so tiny they didn't even need to feed to maintain their form in this enriched environment.

It all screamed at Yaksha instincts, at the same time. It struck him, left his head tilting to the side, and a claw gently sliding across his face. There was a tiny scraping sound, just loud enough for Yaksha to give a tiny, ruminative nod. He could hear that just fine, then. He could see the eternal moon, that wretched parody of the real world. That infinite reminder that the hollows were little more than lesser humans, trying to ape their superiors. What was on that moon, he wondered? Was it simply a superhuge hollow, curled up on itself? Perhaps the inspiration of the ouroboros? Now that would be a sight to see.

His ears were working fine. This he knew. There was never any doubt about his eyes. So why, then was it deadly quiet? Why couldn't he see a single other hollow? Why was it that not even off in the distance could he detect any sign of a struggle? What could possibly lead a realm of apex predators to all go into hibernation, at the same time? At the very least, he could've understood it if there had been a larger, stronger hollow here. Something gorging itself far more effectively than he could ever imagine. But...not even that.

The desert was simply dead.

He began to shuffle through the sands, tongue flickering out periodically, testing the air. It came to him slowly, at first; it was so distant, and it was something that defied all logic, all reason. He nearly dismissed it as a mistake...before he remembered that impossible was somewhat of a silly word coming from a hollow old enough to remember all the hoopla about a messiah.

No, he'd find the human he could smell, and he'd get to the bottom of this. Somehow.
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Left_bar_bleue59000/99999Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Empty Re: Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha)

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:02 pm

THE SUEKI SWORD

Arabella Gremory
ブラックキング

Song: UNKNOWN - Artist: UNKNOWN - Words: 1012
In the land of hollows there seemed to be many things afoot. Creatures roaming in the menos forest had been hoping to find an easy meal in a rare site. A human was in their midst. Now normally you’d think that this meant that it’d be easy to sneak up on the person and attack them. This human actually didn’t even have any spiritual signature beyond the one that a powerless human would generally perceive to be. Probably because of this hundreds of hollows had flocked to the area that the human had been, each one salivating over the thought of having something to eat finally beyond one another.

”... It’d make sense that i got lost here.”

Her words remained silent while the hollows came wave after wave around her, her red eyes gleaming in the dark, raven black hair framing a pure white face. To many she would seem to be simply another weak girl and as her breath left her mouth her foot had slid slightly back. Planted at a forty five degree angle. Her sword still in it’s scabbard had been resting horizontally in her hands while hollows began to move closer and closer to her. Forty meters. Thirty meters. Twenty. Ten. They got to the point she could see the hunger and starvation in their eyes before she finally moved. Now to see what she did it would require time to be slowed down many frames since to the naked eye it would merely look like the hollow exploded and she hadn’t moved at all.

What had happened during this time was the sheathed sword had snaked around at speeds exceeding mach five. Her foot had slid and her body had lunged forward giving her the reach needed which was roughly 6 feet. The sheath then in a span of time less than a nanosecond had smashed into the mask of the hollow. Even though it was just the sheath the force behind that blow was absolutely enormous. Strong enough that the mask wouldn’t just simply shatter. It would have been reduced to ash and whatever it was that lurked within a hollows head was sent splattering out over it’s comrades before the hollow swayed back and forth before finally falling down on it’s knees and keeling over sideways disintegrating as it went down.

Then her body pivoted around on her back leg, the force whipping up sand around her while her sheath slammed into another hollow. Now you’d think that a blunt object like a sheath wouldn’t be enough to bifurcate an opponent. If you thought this you’d think right, her weapon was too big to bifurcate an opponent by cleaving them in two. However simply because of the speed and force behind this savage blow it allowed her to tear through the hollow splitting the upper body from the lower body causing it to splatter. However it wouldn’t break apart because of the way she had destroyed it. By not breaking the mask she had made it so the body would be unable to regenerate but it also didn’t release the soul so it was stuck in limbo.

Then she launched into the fray her back foot skidding backwards while the front dug in rolling to the tips of her toes. Launching off she utilized the low centralized gravity afforded by this to slide into the ranks her sword’s sheath smashing into a hollows leg which gave a satisfying snapping sound before the sheath jerked up to knock a hole through it’s skull. In this way she rapidly disposed of hollows left and right, before she had gotten through the throng and set her sheath back at her side, her head tilting over her shoulder as she said quite calmly, in her naturally monotone voice

”You all just aren’t worth the effort. Things without blood in their veins are not worth it to me.”
Coding BY: [THEFROST]

Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) LzZCuy7
Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) BtXe12b
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Empty Re: Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha)

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:23 pm
"Now, that is just offensive. If you prick me, do I not bleed? If you tickle me, do I not laugh? If you poison me, do I not die? And if you wrong me, shall I not avenge?"

Yaksha had watched the entire display, his expression one of amusement, of absolute excitement. He clapped his hands slowly, honestly, his claws sliding off one another ever so slightly. He began to circle her, very careful not to come too close. He tilted his head, this way and that, his eyes twirling and spinning ever so slightly, each time he spoke.

"If a hollow wrong a human, what is his consequence; revenge? If a human were to wrong a hollow, what is his consequence, by human example? Why...revenge, of course!"

Yaksha let out a high-pitched, bubbling laugh, looking directly up at the sky as he spoke. He seemed entirely unconcerned by the fact that this woman had just slaughtered dozens, if not hundreds of hollows. In fact, despite his words, he didn't seem angry in the slightest by this display.

"I never did get it, you know. All this insistence that there has to be a second-class citizen. Here in Hueco Mundo, we go off of...seniority. And simple power. The Soul Society isn't so different, I'd wager. But you humans at last...you are quite a bit different. You acknowledge the power inherent in all men. And you realize there's no good in having a dozen men in a room all spouting slight variations on the same theme."

He began to shuffle closer, ever so slowly, his head lowering, craning towards her. There was something smug there, something unbearably knowing, as if he were a wizard who had just performed a particularly interesting trick, and was waiting to see if they'd wager a guess as to how he pulled it off. He glanced down at the circle of slaughtered hollows, careful not to pass it, hands resting against his chest as he stared at the woman in front of him.

"You can call me Yaksha. What brings you to the realm of the Hungry Dead, child? Are you lost? Shall I send you back home? Or was there someone you were hoping to find? These sands are notoriously dangerous without a guide."

He extended his hand, ever so slowly, just across the line of broken masks, and twitching corpses. Let the girl strike if she wanted; Yaksha would hardly be surprised if she did. He was somewhat used to his offers of kindness being rejected, and thrown back into his face.

Still, maybe this time would be different. That good old magical thinking, at it again.
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Left_bar_bleue59000/99999Welcome to the Jungle(Arabella/Yaksha) Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:12 pm

THE SUEKI SWORD

Arabella Gremory
ブラックキング

Amongst the broken, the fallen and the slain another had decided to approach the female human that had walked in their midst, a being who had quickly then fought against them, and destroyed them. Arabella’s initial reaction was one any warrior would have, her blade angled slightly forward and her step changed in gait to match the length that would be needed to swing her sheathed blade out at such a speed that the paltry distance between them could be spanned in less than a second. It would take a blink of an eye if she wished to truly be upon the male in front of her. But what she was looking for wasn’t simply a fight. What she was looking for was something that would easily alleviate her boredom. Something that would span the broken moments in her eternity so that she could find the reason that she naturally existed in this world. However right in this moment, in this second what she was focused upon was not the future it was the present.

And the present had thrown her a curveball. Speaking to her in a way that was strange, the masked creature before her seemed to be quite the chatty one. Taking in his facial expressions what she got was excitement, he seemed to be rather intrigued with her and excited about her presence. Then the male went babbling on about human morals, about how humans who were wronged by hollows sought revenge and about how hollows also sought revenge from humans. It was an amusing concept, and the likes of the sueki couldn’t help but slowly allow her weapon to angle horizontally, while not moving other than that she calmly replied with as little emotion as possible, as if the words she said had no inflection of her own personal feelings, morals or wants/dreams.

” Yes humans are contrite and contradictory in general. It stems from a short life-spans and ever degrading morals. It’s all the technology, it makes them impatient and honestly it doesn’t help that they have a holier than thou complex about them. In their eyes everything is second-class in the wake of their greatness. What about it though? You speak of humans and yet you don’t seem very concerned about the very words you are spouting out of your mouth at this point in time.”

Another thing that became apparent was the male was scooting closer, closer and closer as he talked. As if trying to close the gap between them in a way that wasn’t threatening to the female before her. It was because of this that the slightest twitch of the females hand would be the only visual indicator of exactly what happened next. However the physical indicator was a miniature explosion in the dirt infront of the likes of the hollow. Her expression remaining indifferent and calm and yet, when she looked at him. The age reflected in those eyes had to be ancient, eyes that had seen many atrocities, had endured much and survived much. They had a gravity to them and eventually the male seemed to begin talking about something else. How different humans were about their way of going about things.

”.Don’t come any closer. .Humans also kill, steal, fight, fuck, and do all other sorts of immoral and unethical facts simply because it fits their fancy. What of it hollow, you aren’t exactly in the right place to ramble. Not out here.”

Eventually the hollow had hopefully stopped trying to come closer to her, She slowly waited and eventually she got a name from this stranger. Yaksha was the strange mans name and when she heard it the female exhaled and kept her blade at guard in her otherwise relaxed posture however because she had a name to go with his face she would give him a name as well.

”..I am known as Arabella”

She’d purposefully not answer his question of what she was doing here though. Because she had no clue why she was here if she was going to be perfectly honest.

[/quote]

Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:49 pm
"I'm afraid I can't claim credit for those words, Arabella. The Immortal Bard spoke them some...eight hundred years ago? Perhaps a bit longer now. You know, I've long wondered if he truly -was- immortal. I've seen humans do a lot of interesting things, and to be sure Shakespere was a man of incredible talent. Still...he died as any man would've, by my reckoning."

Yaksha folded his hands over his chest, staring at Arabella quietly for several long moments. He made no attempt to approach, no further attempts to communicate. He simply seemed to be...dissecting her, slowly, ever so carefully. His brain was churning and boiling at speeds that most people would've been stunned to silence by, and as he stared at Arabella quietly, confidently, he finally took one more big, obviously telegraphed step forward, just over the body of one of his fallen brethren.

"I like humans, Arabella. I like their culture, I like their cuisine, I like their creativity. I like their cruelty and their viciousness, I like the fact that they can paint some of the most inexcusable acts as ones of mercy and compassion. I have walked this world long enough to see world wars, to see the Crusades. I have seen the Inquisition. I have even seen what many would call the Crucifixion. And through it all, I have always and only ever been awed by what I see."

There was compassion in his voice, deep and resounding warmth...in fact he sounded almost like a kind, fatherly curator. There was a sense of stiffness to his tone now, as if he were speaking about something far-off, and at the same time closer than anything else he could imagine. His eyes were still wide and sharp, flickering around the sands carefully, time and time again. He let the words rest in the air for a few long moments, before he finally spoke.

"Hollows are ravenous, slavering, stupid beasts that can't understand the notion that there could exist such a thing as an aberration. Shinigami are an oppressive, stifling presence that brings to mind a force of nature moreso than a person. Demons are cruel and savage, but they lack any finesse in their cruelty, or savagery. In all the world, and in all the ages of civilization, the only creature that has consistently proven to be worthy of praise is the human. They, and they alone, are in tune with their own souls in a way no other being can claim. In a perfect world...humans would never age. Never rot. Never die. And they would never transmutate into some cruel caricature of themselves."

He bowed his head, ever so slightly, even sinking into the sand as he did. One knee pressed into the grains, gently settling them aside. The other continued to support his weight, his head and neck exposed fully to Arabella's blade.

"I have no illusions about myself. I'm a monster. Should you deem my life to have no value, then I see no point to prolong this conversation past the point of comfort. But I would caution you, Arabella...to consider whether or not any man can ever be claimed to be worthless. In the vast expanses of the many dimensions...there is always a place for every one. They needn't alter themselves to fit; inevitably, there will be a place where they can belong. I truly believe this, with all of my heart."

As Yaksha said this, his claw rose, tapping against his head, and the mask there.

"You do know a hollow's heart is here, right Arabella?"
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:24 pm

THE SUEKI SWORD

Arabella Gremory
ブラックキング

Arabella simply listened to what the man said. How he said it. Even with is bipedial monstrousity of an appearance he was quite the talker. A good one at that. Good enough that instead of getting violent with this male she simply exhaled and allowed the sword that was in her hands to shift resting the blade’s sheath against her shoulder. Her posture subtly shifting from a ready to intercept state to one that could be considered that of a resting one. For now the woman pondered the first bit of business that he said. Regarding his age it didn’t surprise her at all. Many beings that hid in the shadows during the time that the crusades or even the crucifixion of christ occurred still roamed about very much alive. What did suprise her though was the fact that this creature was so enthralled with humans. Hence as her mouth opened she exhaled and said quite matter’o’factly.

”..I don’t see why you are so enthralled with them. Humans are wonderfully wicked but they also do not have the trustworthyness of most shinigami, the solidarity and singularity of a hollow or the strength and intellect of a demon. Humans are a hodgepodge of emotions and insecurities which lead to them acting sporadically in ways that are both often erratic and borderline autistic. Humans kill each other over petty squabbles each and every day. The most disgusting crimes have mostly been committed by them. They are a vile race, insignificant when you consider the world that they live in. Yet that insignificant speck is capable of creation so much mayhem and chaos that it astounds me. So in all honesty my opinion varies as a direct inverse of your own. As you have always been in awe with these humans i have certainly had nothing but contempt and disgust for them since the very day i was born. I loathe their idealistic ways which seek a false utopia called “peace” through the utilization of weapons and war. I hate how they can say one thing but do another. If the human race vanished in it’s entirety in a single day i think the world would be a better place.”

Each word was spoken without emotion still but there was a gleam in her eye when she spoke that showed she strongly believed every facet of what she spoke about to the male in front of her. Even as the hollows had begun to gather around, however it wasn’t the smallest of hollows. No these were lumbering giants which had been so tall that their masks weren’t visible due to the low fog that had settled in. As she stood there she exhaled and answered the next part of his question in where she still had a difference of opinion with this hollow.

”..A insatiable hunger that is programmed evolution isn’t a fault that is worth noting, it’s a failsafe mechanism in which your race has been able to survive for countless millenia. I wouldn’t find that to be insulting, and sure hollows are in their baser states mindless beasts with a singular mission. However those that gain sentience can be better company than a human. Hollows don’t have the myriad of emotions that humans do until they either remove their mask to become an arrancar or reach the pinnacle of evolution for their species- a vasto lorde. So i prefer hollows to humans any day of the week, month or year for that matter. Humans are depraved, hollows merely are here doing what they were designed to do. When a hollow eats from need it’s different than when a human kills simply because they can. “

Her words had layered truth in them because humans did kill eachother every day simply because they Could do so. It wasn’t a debate, countless droves of people died each day from things other than natural causes. How many ended up ending their life out of misery? Or how many in this exact moment had been killed and ditched in the ocean, or hidden in a dumpster? This world was cruel and harsh, and when the male spoke of multiple dimensions she still thought that hell was the world of the living. The human world rather than hell itself. In hell you knew what to expect, but in the world of the living the hell you got was unpredictable by anyone or anything at anytime. All she said in response to the male speaking and tapping his mask to state where his heart is all she had to say was out of experience. No one gave their opponent their weakness unless it was properly safe-guarded. She knew she wouldn’t do so atleast.

”..Right and i bet you guard it with your life.”
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:37 pm
"In a very real sense. But that's not the point here, Arabella. The point is that hollows are programmed; they're mere automatons. They lack any emotion at all, to be frank. Hungry, gaping mouths that suck up everything they see. Hollows are incapable of small talk, are territorial to the extreme, and will kill you just because you smell badly to them. Say what you want about humans being hypocritical and cruel. I've seen those same humans accept outsiders in a way that no other race could ever come close to. Shinigami are inducted into a dogma so quickly and thoroughly, they never have a true choice in the matter, either."

Yaksha sighed ever so slightly, rising from his kneeling position, and turning to stare at the approaching, enormous hollows. His legs bunched beneath him, hands resting at his side as he pushed off from the sands, propelling himself nearly a hundred feet into the air. He rose one hand dismissively, slicing out towards the closest Menos; it slid through like a hot knife through butter, but the sheer size of his opponent meant it was little more than a bee sting. The Menos opened its mouth wide, red energy filling its mouth, beginning to take form as an enormous swirling mass. Yaksha flicked his own hand dismissively, sending a bala snapping outwards...and forcing its mouth closed just as the cero would've shot off. The explosion was intense and focused solely on the beast's head, leaving it toppling back towards the ground with the slow, casual grace of a redwood.

"Humans have choice, Arabella. Humans have potential to be anything in the world. Even in their most bestial, savage state. Even at their very worst. Each and every human has it within their heart to seek redemption. If you were to believe the words of the shinigami, the only redemption I can hope for is a painful and violent death, and then indoctrination into their faith in my next life. In short, to become oppressor to a new generation."

He levitated back down towards Arabella slowly, with an almost languid grace, his expression somber, certain, unyielding.

"You're far older than your form implies, Arabella. I won't do you the insult of implying my age makes my opinion better formulated than yours. But I can say with absolute certainty that I have experienced not a single shred of kindness, either from my own kind or the shinigami. It's always and only ever the humans who are prepared to accept a reality that directly challenges their mindsets. To...step outside of themselves, and see the world from a more vast, infinitely varied mindset. To accept the counterpoint...to play devil's advocate. This is a trait I've found uniquely attributed to those vile, insignificant humans."
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:51 am

THE SUEKI SWORD

Arabella Gremory
ブラックキング

Listenin to what the hollow had to say, Arabella was only able to exhale slowly. Her expression remained as indifferent as ever but as she listened to him speaking of atrocities as if statistics made the truth any less horrendous it made her feel sick. Quite honestly she had thought at one time that maybe humans had some inherent goodness in them when regarding other species. However those pitiful disillusions quickly had been extinguished when they had come and fought her kind. When they had slaughtered innocent people which had only been trying to live their day-to-day lives. Where was the fairness in that? Where was the justice in that!?! Even as the likes of the hollow spoke on the only thought that was held to be paramount in arabella’s own disinterested mind was.

”I feel like i’m talking to a wall, a mobile one but a wall nonetheless. Everything i say, this one has a counterproposal too. Every time i try to explain the futility of his naivety he backs it up with a statistic as if statistics are what make the truth so horrendous. “

The reason she felt like this was even now, the male was trying to make the human race seem . . . Redeemable. As if in this world of theirs , wrought with nothing but strife and bloodshed. That they had a claim or right to continue existing when the karmatic justice of their actions had finally come upon them. All she didn’t understand was why was everyone so willing to protect them? Was it because human were weak fragile flowers that on their own without awakening their powers were weaker than the squalling newborn of most supernatural species? Was it because even though humans could do the most atrocious things known to the world that they still held some sort of redeemable trait? Simply thinking about this made arabella want to shout or break something. Because she did not care about humans, they were pests and she wouldn’t hesitate to cut them down if they got in her way. Eventually she exhaled and formulated a response to the male that stood before her.

” I won’t try to lead you to believe anything else. I am far older than most would believe with my appearance, or with my particular . . Assets. And you are very much right. I am set in my ways because they are how i live each day. How i justify living when so many i know have died. How i justify at the time not having the strength, nor the power to protect all of them. Just as human atrocity is a inevitable fact of our world, my hatred for them has no end, nor will it i suspect ever change. No matter what i am told to justify their existence, no matter how i try to justify their actions to myself. I cannot bring myself to feel anything less than disinterest for them at the best of times. “

As she spoke her body shifted. Her foot planted on the ground and a towering menos had gotten way to close to her. As her upper body became a blur the creatures behemoth body had been launched like a ragdoll through several pillars that dotted the menos forest. The cero half-formed in it’s mouth firing prematurely, a red beam that would scythe up into the rocky heavens above. The ground below the female shattered in several places from the force exerted from her calf muscles. From the excess force which had inevitably radiated from her legs and diffused into the ground. Her expression remained neutral as her blade remained at her side not even unsheathed despite the absurd feats she had been able thus far to accomplish. Her words echoed as she finished her rather blunt rebuttal.

”..You said so yourself, if you are wronged by a human you’d take revenge on it. Despite my hatred and outright disinterest in the survival of their species as a whole, i do not seek to bring them to the cusp of extinction no matter how much i believe they lack the right to exist anymore. That being said if one was to ask for my help? I would undoubtedly let it suffer on it’s own. Not because i am cruel, but because i cannot forget what i have lost because of them, i cannot forgive them for their foolish and hasty actions. So i will let you keep your opinion, however allow me the luxury of my own. No matter how hateful, depraved, or foolish you believe it might be.”

Even as she spoke the images of their brethren being hunted in her mind was fresh. The fear on their faces palpable enough that if it wasn’t for the centuries of training she’d undoubtedly be hyperventilating. Weak-kneed with fear. However as moonlight filtered from above from the shafts that opened into huecomundo the land of eternal and endless sands. She waited for a reply, her expression as always neutral. Because she could not let her emotions show. She would not be weak anymore. Not anymore.
[/quote]

Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:38 pm
The hollow paused for a moment. There was something...off about this girl. It wasn't just the way that she so casually and easily lopped off the heads of entities that outsized her by an order of magnitude; it was hardly that impressive, by his standards, to do such a thing. No, there was something odd about her expression, her cadence, her tone...every single aspect of her speech told Yaksha she was blanking herself deliberately. That there was something mighty, hiding just under the surface. Yaksha could do nothing more than glimpse it, much as people could only barely glimpse the shadow of an enormous fish, deep underwater. But he could sense it, in some cold, reptilian way. This girl was doing her very best to exude an illusion of apathy.

As a predator, illusions always intrigued and interested him. He took another long, deliberate step forward, looming over Arabella, his eyes soft, almost...fatherly? Could that be right? Was there compassion in his gaze? Pity? Could that really be what the hollow, this wretched machine of destruction, was displaying? Yes, that seemed to be correct; he spoke in a slow, deliberate tone, his hands folded over his chest, and his tones carried the clipped, cooly professional tones of an incredibly intellectual man as he did speak.

"I am not interested in silencing you, Arabella. That's not what this is about. You have your opinion, and I have mine. And I, personally, feel that is the way the world should be. Nothing is forbidden, and everything is up for debate; after all, why should we immediately and naturally assume that there are certain things that can't be discussed?"

Yaksha's hands reached out slowly, carefully; he never quite made skin contact with Arabella, but his hands skillfully and gently glided a few inches from her, seeming to pause just above her skin, hovering there. Yaksha sighed once, slowly. It was a soft, trembling sound. He finally spoke, in a slow, meticulous tone.

"You are of humans, but you are not human. You are something more. And in their eyes, something less. Humans have a distinct capacity to discount the significance of other sentient races, after all. I can only imagine the savagery being played out on a universal scale, the moment we find the existence of aliens. I have always had a very...liberal definition of humanity, and what qualifies one for such a designation. I never saw a point of disincluding others, Arabella. I don't want to strip you of your right to have an opinion. But I will question it, and challenge it, and have you defend it, over and over. Because this is conversation, Arabella; this is discourse. And this is the method by which we come to understand one another. Won't you participate with me, Arabella? Or am I going to have to start screaming into the wind once more?"

Yaksha's eyes glinted for a single moment, his expression morphing and shifting subtly, but thoroughly. There was a sharp, almost nasty glint to his gaze now. It was quite clear that the notion of being rejected so quickly and thoroughly may have provoked a...very pronounced reaction out of him.
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:32 pm

THE SUEKI SWORD

Arabella Gremory
ブラックキング

”..Words, words words words words! He just speaks on and on like he knows everything. Like he can see the truth that happens to individuals each and every day! “

Her thoughts weren’t mirrored by her actions. While many would consider her actions to be rather. . Dull, refined and without emotion. Like a calm lake she reflected nothing, even as the hollow drew closer. Even as her dull eyes rose to glance at the male that sought to stare down at her. For the moment his opposing height allowed him to tower over her. Her head tilting back and her back arching as she craned to maintain eye-contact. The seconds passed by as she caught the one expression in his face that caused her to boil internally. The look of pity that blossomed on his expressions caused for her to do something that was rather rash. But also it would take a highspeed camera slowed down many hundreds of times to even catch a glimpse of her next movements. To the naked eye it would seem as if a spot on the hollows chest would merely deflate horizontally across his chest. Sending him flying back like a rocket. Sure the power would quickly diminish however that wasn’t the point.

The point was the message that had been displayed by such a small action as that. Which was he had gotten way too far into her personal bubble. She had let him wander about the fringes of the space she had considered hers, however she had certainly not been above ejecting him from the personal space that she sought to have. This was why in that moment she had struck him across the chest in an instant, the force being great but centralized, making it so that the damage would be negligible even though it easily would be capable of propelling the likes of the hollow into the ground with an audible boom. Eventually the dust would settle and everything would clear. Arabella was still standing in the same spot, her expression as neutral as ever before she said with a neutral tone.

”Don’t get to close to me alright? Just because i haven’t ground you into paste yet by no means is an indicator that i want you practically looming over me, it’s quite rude.”

Eventually the male had spoken about something else. How She was a human but wasn’t a human. At first she exhaled and thought Is he able to sense it, what i really am? Or is it that he’s making a guess based upon my natural pattern of dialog? How i don’t associate the human race as my own race? Maybe it’s how i act, seeing as i naturally chose not to show the wider range of emotions and uncertainties that a human generally exhibits? Argh this is so frustrating!!” Her thoughts whirred in her head as she eventually thought about how the male spoke about her as if she was going to shut him out. How he acted as if her rejecting him with such a simple rebuttal was enough to get his gears moving. To be honest the more she thought about it, the more sense it made. For whatever reason, this hollow craved her attention, her input, her values as if they were some kind of currency that he would be able to trade in.

However as her expression remained dull she did stride the gap, to where he probably was lying in the midst of rubble and then if he by any chance was still in that location she would crouch down over him, her elbows resting on her knees. Her long raven black hair forming a sheet on the left side of her face while she said in a tone that was still neutral, without feeling something quite honest.

”..If you are seeking conversation, i will converse with you. However if you are seeking a verbal battle, full of silver-wit and sharp retort then i will have no place in it. Also what makes you say i am anything other than human? I have a humans heartbeat, i have a humans scent, by all accounts i am human in every meaning of the word am i not?”

Her words had been spoken, and even though they lacked emotion in them, the way she said it was variated by how she pitched the tone in her voice. This was the easiest way to tell when she was emphasizing a question, or when she was giving out a declaration. She did so with these subtle pitches. Now though as the light lit up a little circle around them, she peered down at him and waited for an answer.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum