Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down

Which Timeskip Should We Have?

7 - 70%
2 - 20%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%
1 - 10%

Total Votes: 10

Poll closed
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Empty Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:37 am

«SHOULD WE HAVE A BIG TIMESKIP?»

This shouldn't take up too much time. To get to the point: me and CPK had a conversation a few weeks ago talking about where we would like to go with the site. And, with that in mind, a time skip was discussed. Now, normally, we usually do a one year time skip at the start of every year. So, if it's 2016 IRL, the next timeskip would be 2417 on the forum come Jan 1st.

Having gone over that, we were thinking about having a larger time skip. one that could possibly take place between a two and ten year period. I have NOT come to a single discussion about which way I'll go, but I DID want to see community feedback about this. So feel free to voice your concerns, comments or whatever else and make sure to vote on the options below.

So, with that said: I am VERY hesitant about a big time skip like this.

Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  WVMWLOu
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Empty Re: Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:25 am

«MY INPUT ON THIS TIMESKIP DEAL»

As far as my opinion goes: I'm more or less content with the usual one year time skip. The reason being is because of the fact that another mass time skip isn't really too needed in my mind since we are already pretty far off in the future. Additionally, I feel it's not too needed because most of the concerns behind changing the world/expanding orgs and etc can just be RP'd over the year imo.

Furthermore, I feel it would be kind of a stress to keep on updating characters for the change. As a lot can happen in ten years (If we did the max) and that would mean a lot of updates for characters that are already in the process of being updated. I also feel hesitant to do it because it isn't really a smoking gun to a problem that I felt was being worked on with us getting more proactive with characters/factions.

Overall, that's my view on it and I'm more or less curious to see how people feel towards either keeping the traditional one year time skip and allowing CPK a platform to discuss this. So you all can carry on with the discussion, but I felt I'd get my peace out.

Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  WVMWLOu
Cooking Spray
Cooking Spray
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Left_bar_bleue93900/99999Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Empty_bar_bleue  (93900/99999)
Tiers:

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:32 am
Nothing fancy here, and writing on phone.

That being said, I'd like to hear the reasons for the time skip. Is it because of a certain event or series of events? I understand the 400 year skip as it showcases the changes and additions from PH to the canon. But as it stands? Personally I feel the regular one year at a time keeps things simpler, easier to keep track of, without adding unnecessary variables to an equation that can already be somewhat complex to some.

Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  ORabiFS
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:51 am
A time skip on a site this large with so much going on would be detrimental. It's fine on smaller, single-thread rps and roll20 games where the number of people effected is limited, but there would be a nightmare of documentation if it was a huge time skip to show what everyone was doing. And people can get busy, even in 2-3 years. So I vote for the traditional one.
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Left_bar_bleue227620/999999Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Empty_bar_bleue  (227620/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:52 am
Maybe this is just me, but so far the person who posted this is against it and any input he has, regardless of how unbiased he might be, is going to be colored by that opinion. Maybe wait for the guy who is advocating the skip to give his reasoning for it instead of the zero reason thats been presented in the thread. Once CPK gives his crummy reason then the echo chamber in here will have some merit.
Cooking Spray
Cooking Spray
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Left_bar_bleue93900/99999Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Empty_bar_bleue  (93900/99999)
Tiers:

Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:25 am
Comments were made at the time because likely by the time CPK gets around to make his claim, we won't be available to respond. I surely won't. While the reason for his decision might be well worth the effort to implement the time skip or not, it doesn't take away from the value of the opinions shared by those above.

Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  ORabiFS
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Left_bar_bleue227620/999999Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Empty_bar_bleue  (227620/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:32 pm
Except your point, and basically all of Mirja', was the added complexities were unnecessary and that assessment is being made in a vacuum and they could quite possibly be super necessary depending entirely on what CPK has to say.

I mean he is an idiot so it will be unnecessary but give him a chance to showcase that first.
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:00 am
Well in my opinion I think 400 years ahead in the future is enough for a BIG Timeskip, I don't think it is smart to have anything past 2 year timeskips every year, I like 1 year timeskips every year to carry onwards into the next year IRL + 400 Years, however I would go no higher than 2 years since I have been on forums which go off IRL time x 2, so every IRL month is 2 IC.

But in the most basic form I like the single year timeskip and don't think any higher ones are necessary.

Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  Gamma_Signature
Should We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  CHARACTER_LISTShould We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  GRAPHICS_THREADShould We Have A Bigger Timeskip?  TIMELINE_THREAD
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum