The etymology of her name begins with the first name Erika, it is the name of the Erica flower which represents solitude in the language of flowers. Her last name was taken from the legendary swordsmith Gorō Nyūdō Masamune, she adopted this name following her previous mentor's death.» Alias':
Touma | 刀 万 | Ten Thousand Swords» Gender:
Erika is eight-hundred and one. She was born on December 5. 1616.» Species:
She is a Shingami. Reborn after her death into the Soul Society.» Affiliation & Association:
Erika is a former member of the Gotei Thirteen, training within the Shino Academy before hand she no longer holds any ties to the organisation and seeks to better herself. The only purpose she would have would be towards the betterment of her sword skills
Written Appearance» Body:
The frame of Erika is one that is reasonably small, she is about 5 feet and 8 inches which doesn't give her a very high stance and allow her to stand over people. She has a well-developed body when it comes to her fitness and » Hair:
Erika's hair is a rich shade of blonde with a pink hue causing her hair to occasionally appear to have light pink hair in the right lighting. Her hair is kept neat and » Eyes: » Attire:
» Level Headed:
A person who is very down to earth, Erika is a very mature young individual who is sensible. She displays a much greater level of maturity than most other individuals and can give advice based on cold hard facts. While no genius or mastermind she is quite skilled at keeping her cool and not breaking down in stressful situations and this is what makes a lot of people turn to her for advice about subjects she might be aware of and able to give them a non-biased response about it. » Workaholic:
A very hard worker in everything she does Erika goes above and beyond to achieve her goals and in what she has to do. She is the person who stays indoors to get work done over hanging out with people for entertainment. To her she feels a sense of pride in knowing that she would give up her own enjoyment and relaxation to make sure everything is maintained and right, however her attitude to being a perfectionist and the amount of effort she puts in is quite a lot and it is not uncommon to find her burnt out after a while, everyone has their limits and Erika is no different. » Gentle, But Strong:
Kind and Firm at the same time, she is always nice to people. Often using honourifics if they deserve such a title. She is usually nice and gentle with people, especially children. Her she often lacks any form of anger or rage, being quite soft-spoken and soothing with her voice although those that thing that just because she is so nice and gentle that is is not firm or strict then you all have another thing coming because she can be firm and strict when the time calls for it. Ready to whip you back into line if you step out of it. » Respectful:
Being very respectful is something that Erika knows how to do, being a warrior in her previous life that trait has not left her and she shows a great deal of respect to people, short of enemies or those who oppose what she believes in, however if she were in the presence of well known and powerful people she'd show them some respect but in reality everyone, even some enemies, are entitled to some respect, however it's their actions which decide how it goes; those that abuse that respect quickly lose it or don't reciprocate however her respect can reach great levels for people that aren't dicks and use what she gives them.» Disciplined:
Trained from a young age in the art of the sword she has always required a great deal of self-discipline. Being the fact that she had to constantly do it by her own accord to get better and get higher in it, she has always jumped on chances and this is one of those things which has stayed with her for all the generations. She is very obedient to her superiors and those with either more experience or a higher rank than her although that doesn't mean that if someone has a higher rank than her and they know nothing about what they are doing then she'd attempt to fix their problem.» Lonely:
Ever since certain events within her past Erika has found it hard to connect properly with people, she has a subconscious mental block which makes it hard for her to form relationships with people that goes beyond mere acquaintances or just outside arm's reach. The result makes it hard for her to really stay in touch with people and she has a constant fear of people that get close to her might die and send her over the edge again like it did to her in the past and so it is quite difficult for anyone to really get close to her at all unless they have determination, dedication and a strong desire to befriend her.» Focused:
When she sets her mind to something don't try to stop her. Her dedication to tasks knows no bounds and she always seeks to finish what she starts. Erika actually has a dedication that makes her dangerous and sometimes self-destructive, an example being when she trains she can occasionally push herself a little too far at a stretch. She actually expresses borderline obsessive traits with her goals, finding it hard to actually give up on them if she physically can't or is stopped from doing so.» Humble:
Erika doesn't want to be recognised for her achievements, she doesn't need people to acknowledge her feats and the like. She is content with her own satisfaction at doing something. This makes her quite modest and often she prefers to sweep anything that might give her reputable fame under the carpet when meeting people, she doesn't want people to like her for her achievements rather they like her for who she actually is.» Bushido:
One of the most powerful traits within her personality is her belief of the way of the warrior. Bushido is a code that she upholds to her very best and tries not to stray from its conducts as a result she is a loyal person that will do her best to uphold her word and be able to keep it. She does her best to not let those around her down and is a courageous person, doing her very best in a fight.» Genuine:
Erika is a person that doesn't lie, and when she tries she tends to fail incredibly, she is very transparent and see through in the way that it is hard for her to keep something hidden or deceive someone. It is possibly on of her most defining qualities that makes her who she is since she finds it hard, if not impossible to pretend to be someone else.» Impressive Speed and Reflexes:
Unnaturally fast and quick is the best form of fighting potential that Erika has, she is a high-speed combatant that does not aim to get super strong and be able to rip apart mountains with her bare hands. Her fighting style is usually fast, nimble and done at a much faster rate than most normal people. She has trained her reflexes for years and her speed as well, it is easy for her to move fluidly and without much thought. Her body can move without her consciously thinking about it either, allowing near instantaneous reactions with her movements.» Heightened Focus:
She possesses a very keen focus, having spent quite some time of her life merely learning this fine art of focus Erika is quite fit in this area, she is able to keep track of things that occur around her and not be distracted by others, it is hard to break her train of thought or concentration. She can be around loud noise and explosions, in a war-zone without any negative effects due to having already been in said circumstances in her life. She has clarity in battle, no holding back or showing fear in a fight since she instead will try and use that fear and adrenaline to her advantage. » Victory Will:
Erika possess an innate will to win, to get better and to overthrow. She wants to be better and her will to win is incredible power, she is willing to use suicidal tactics in a double or nothing gamble to win if she were to require such a victory. Following her first mentor's death Erika's will to destroy and overcome challenges can actually manifest its in her reiryoku and reiatsu to make her resolve capable of being able to be felt in the air.» Immense Reiryoku:
While she naturally had quite large reserves of reiryoku her teachers dying gift to her was the additional supply of his own reserves and power allowing her further depths of latent energy and overall power. » Weapon Prodigy:
While not a prodigy in life Erika is incredibly adept with weapons and picking up fighting styles when one brings weapons into the equation. She is particularly skilled with the katana although this is not limited to the katana, being able to use many other weapons such as Tanto, Nodachi and more western style weapons should the time call for it. It can be safe to say though that she is most comfortable with swords and katana in particular but she makes it her goal to be able to pick up a weapon and comfortably wield it.
» Zanjutsu »
» Legacy of the Second Kenpachi »The Four Paths
- Steel Path
The first and most basic path taught to Erika by the Second Kenpachi Ivan Crow, is the most basic path. The user is given a steel sword and must begin by using it. Often given the test of using a sword to cut through a tree, which is quite hard due to the dulling of the blade as the steel clashes with the wood. The path teaches the use of an actual sword, allowing for the person to develop the feel for the blade and understand it. There is no more to this path other than understanding how to learn how to fight with a blade and develop a fighting style with it there is no reiatsu or spiritual traits involved in this path and is solely swordplay.
- Wooden Path
The wooden path is the second lesson taught by Ivan Crow. The Wooden Path begins by the steel sword being removed from the equation and instead the student is given a wooden sword. The purpose of this sword is that it is a blunt weapon, it can't do damage and it lacks the durability to be effective. In order to fulfil the teachings of this way the student must be able to harness reiatsu to project it onto the sword and make it able to rival the steel sword when the student can finally focus their reiatsu into a blade then they can proceed to continue onto the Earth Path.
- Earth Path
The third and possibly one of the more difficult teachings of the second Kenpachi is the ability to "become the blade" by this time the student should be adept with a blade and able to use reiatsu to empower objects. This trial is to make the student able to focus their reiatsu onto themselves, essentially becoming stronger and able to enhance their physical conditions as well as then focus it further and actually give sharpness around their body and allow them to fight opponents without the need of a sword.
- Wind Path
The final of all the teaches is the ability to manifest the soul, effectively allowing the shinigami to achieve higher states of power through a zanpakuto. This is the hardest of all the teachings when it comes to this style of teaching. It is not limited to the release states though, if one learns correctly and without gaining attachment to a physical weapon which their soul becomes bound to then the power of Astral Swordsmith can be achieved which allows the user to focus their energy and soul outside the body in any form they can imagine being the pinnacle of ancient swordplay.
- Kiritsudō ["Way of Disciple"]: The standard fighting style distinguished by its versatility and balance. In short it is a solid, comprehensive set of basic and intermediate moves that constitute the common basis shared between the more defined styles. Even though it lacks any significant advantages there are also no drawbacks present to readily exploit. In addition, it involves frequent usage of other fields of combat, such as Hakuda or Kidō, in order to supplement the user's swordsmanship. As the basic and most well-rounded style of combat it is taught to all students who attend the Shin'ō Academy as the basic sword-style.
- Genchidō ["Way of Commitment"]: This passive form of combat is the preferred style of warm-hearted combatants who are unwilling to eliminate their foes. Focused on persistence and care of movement, it emphasises defensive techniques performed with the employment of tight blade work and subtle dodges. The nigh-constant and efficient swings of the sword are intended to cover a wide area and offer substantial protection with little effort on the fighter's part. Composure and focus are essential. As a result, the practitioners of this form aim to outlast their usually more aggressive opponents with impressive resilience and efficient delivery.
- Tekiidō ["Way of Hostility"]: This savage and dynamic form of combat is the style of relentless offence. Notable features include a wide variety of circuitous swings and sudden stabs performed with considerable speed. In addition, a great many of acrobatic manoeuvres such as leaps, somersaults, back-flips and spinning are used extensively to deliver unpredictable attacks and evade the enemy in equal measure. The form is not suitable for defence as its main focus lies on constant offence. As a consequence of its intensity it is also not really fit for protracted combat.
- Suijakudō ["Way of Debilitation"]: This style revolves around methodical infliction of various types of pinprick yet exhausting wounds. Essentially, the form consists of numerous techniques that gradually impale, cut and shred the extremities of the opponent in order to methodically wear them down with the least effort possible. Seasoned opponents are aware which spots are prime targets for precision strikes, although even they might be surprised by such a consistently circuitous approach. The attacks are substantially less predictable on purpose, and consequently much more difficult to block. Furthermore, this method is highly useful against enemies of superior physical strength. Generally, this form might be employed to weaken a formidable foe in order to render them vulnerable to the more simple styles.
- Seidodō ["Way of Accuracy"]: This form focuses on pinpoint accuracy. Most moves consist of swift thrusts. The intent of this form is to overwhelm the enemy defences with highly accurate attacks of minuscule footprint that repeatedly target vital spots. The blade work is fluent and extremely efficient. This is the most elegant approach of the various forms, and the one most likely to eliminate the adversary quickly. In spite of the form's relatively straightforward and predictable nature a seasoned master often will be able to accomplish one's goal thanks to superior skill.
- Sagidō ["Way of Deceit"]: The most sophisticated form of combat that relies heavily upon elements of prediction and psychological warfare. Combat moves as well as feints and deceit constitute the form in equal measure. Misdirection, sudden shifts of stance and winding slashes are par for the course, and no strike hits where it is expected to do. An integral part of this form is the ability to anticipate the reactions of the current opponent. Of course, the more experienced the adversary the less effective the feints are. Regardless, in the thick of battle there is rarely enough time to properly consider the best course of action and reflexes often guide the reactions. Practitioners of this form are well-aware of those reflexes and aim to exploit the most logical responses. First, they trigger a specific reaction with one move and then immediately transition to another one that is intended to take advantage of that deliberately stimulated response. Out of the six forms sagidō represents the pinnacle of swordsmanship. The style is the most difficult to master but also the most rewarding in turn.
- Nijūhadō ["Way of Dual Blades"]: While Zanpakutō that exist as two separate blades in the sealed state are a rare occurrence, the formation of twin blades within Shikai and Bankai is common enough to warrant an appropriate sub-form of sword-fighting. Dual-blade combat emphasises offence and speed. Whilst it is possible to use one weapon for attack and the other for defence, it is more frequent to perform the assault with the use of both. Such blade work is rather demanding and requires increased concentration, although it is proportionally more oppressive to the opponent. With her skill in Astral Swordsmith Erika is able to manifest separate weapons to dual-wield.
- Suitchihadō ["Way of the Switched Blade"]: Some practitioners tend to wield their weapons in a so-called reverse grip (Icepick grip). Often perceived as the mark of an amateur, some instructors discourage their adepts from employing this way of wielding a weapon due to the inherent vulnerability to disarmament. However, expert practitioners are more than capable of utilising this style in a highly flexible and dangerous fashion. This distinct mode offers a range of unique techniques and renders the traditional ones far less predictable.
- Yūreihadō ["Way of the Ghost Blade"]: One of the more peculiar styles of swordsmanship that relies on specific kinds of Zanpakutō powers that allow the wielder to swiftly disperse and/or restore the blade of their sword. Needless to say this is an uncommon style, and somewhat dangerous if employed without proper concentration or timing. However, in the hands of a skilled practitioner its unique properties render the style highly effective. Examples of swords like this are those with Astral Swordsmith or for a canon example: Byakya Kuchiki's Senbonzakura.
- Fūhadō ["Way of the Wind Blade"]: This advanced style of sword-fighting heavily relies upon creative use of Hōhō. With the application of high-speed movement techniques to swordsmanship moves one is capable of achieving feats of impressive swiftness and speed. Skilled practitioners can perform multiple nigh-simultaneous strikes, attack so abruptly that only the most perceptive of enemies may notice the motion, or even appear to hit from a widely different direction than one might have expected. Notably, Fūhadō is a popular supplementary style among master swordsmen, especially those who devote some time to hone their skill in Hōhō.
- Miryokuhadō ["Way of the Charmed Blade"]: The other advanced style of swordsmanship, which involves the usage of Kidō to achieve remarkable feats. Practitioners who boast considerable skill in both fields may infuse their blades with Kidō, use them to channel certain spells or even utilise magic to alter or control the Zanpakutō in a number of creative ways. Whilst dangerous to practise, the effects of such a combination might be truly devastating.
Being quite adept with her sword skills Erika is a very capable practitioner with Kenjutsu, the art of using a sword. Her prowess with a blade is quite advanced, having been taught by the second Kenpachi before his demise Erika was taught how to treat a blade as an extension of her body, moving her blade with such skill is child's play to her. Her precision and skill is very fine although in the grand scheme of things her level of skill is not as great as other zanjutsu masters due to her not yet attaining a zanpakuto release.
» Hoho: » Kido: » Hakuda: » Blank: » Blank:
- Hitotsume: Nadegiri ["The First: Killing Stroke"]: A very deadly technique which has very high potential for fatality on certain beings, by concentrating the user must be able to focus clearly on where they want to strike. Once having awareness of where they want to cut the user will execute a powerful slash, powerful enough to
Erika begins the technique by the drawing her sword and performing a slash which embodies the principle of iaido she strike with a vertical cut, on a weak target this has the potential to completely
- Futatsume: Tsukugiri ["The Second: Spearing Stroke"]:
- Mittsume: Kujikugiri ["The Third: Crushing Stroke"]:
- Yottsume: Mosugiri ["The Fourth: Searing Stroke"]: This laido technique is one Erika uses in rare cases due to the technique by first coating her zanpakuto in her reiatsu she executes a very fast slash, the reiatsu on the blade causing it to heat up due to the energy and enhance both cutting power and speed, since the energy excites and moves the air particles, the result is a devestating slash that is cauterised due to the heat which quickly leaves the opponent quite......
- Itsutsume: Sorigiri ["The Fifth: Warping Stroke"]:
PART ONE: THE HUMAN'S STORY
>Need to do more research on Edo Period and stuff<
- Birth -1615: Battle of Osaka. Tokugawa Ieyasu besieges Osaka Castle, all opposition from forces loyal to the Toyotomi family. Tokugawa authority becomes paramount throughout Japan. Erika is born in this year, one year before Tokugawa Ieyasu dies.
- Age 7 - 1623: Tokugawa Iemitsu becomes the third shogun.
- Age 17 - 1633: Tokugawa Iemitsu forbids travelling abroad and reading foreign books. Causing Erika to be even more interested in Europeans and Westerners.
- Age 21 - 1637: Shimabara Rebellion (1637–38) mounted by overtaxed peasants. Erika's brother is killed in the conflict, Christianity is formally prohibited.
- Age 23 - 1639: Edicts establishing National Seclusion (Sakoku Rei) are completed. All Westerners except the Dutch are prohibited from entering Japan.
- Age 25 - 1641: Tokugawa Iemitsu bans all foreigners, except Chinese and Dutch, from Japan.
- Age 41 - 1657: The Great Fire of Meireki destroys most of the city of Edo. Erika and her family die in this fire, she passes onto the spiritual world.
PART TWO: THE BLADED FLOWER
Finding herself arriving in a strange new place after the konso was performed on her and she was standing in a new place, all her memories gone from the experience of the cleansing. Erika was a new person and she sought to achieve a lot in this new place and world. Being a young teenager she was old enough to understand the world and try to avoid the mistakes of other people.
She quickly sought to make a name for herself, in her bold youthful way she worked very hard. She cleaned houses and worked like no one ever worked before and with her charismatic nature she was able to save up her pennies, using only what she had to in order to save as much as she could. She lived in a decent part of the Rukongai, not being on the very outskirts but instead being just outside the thirteenth district of the Western Rukongai. After a few months Erika finally had enough money to purchase a sword, it was the first thing she bought.
Despite being a plus Erika wanted to become a shinigami, to be a great swordmaster like a Kenpachi or something prestigious. She would spend hours training within the woods, going there to train for hours on end and sometimes days if she remembered to pack everything she'd need for going. After a few months she had heard about a famous swordsman coming to her district, Ivan Crow, known as the Golden Crow he was an early swordsman which was said to have even held the title of second kenpachi officially earning it after Yachiru Unohana disappeared from the world.
In an attempt to get him to teach her Erika participated in a tournament he was apparently going to attend and she did try hard, especially when Ivan was there, she took down and dispatched her opponents easily. Most, if not all, lacking the same thing that she had: resolve. When the tournament was finally over and Erika was named the champion she was very disappointed when she found he had disappeared. Going back home in a disappointed state she went to sleep but only for ten minutes at most since she woke up to the sound of movement in her room, jumping up and slashing at the intruder with her blade and causing the sparks to fly only to catch the face of Ivan Crow in the moonlight that was seeping into the room.
A little shocked Ivan offered her the opportunity to train under him but he had a few tests for her. Happily and more than willing she agreed only to watch him take her most valuable possession, the katana she worked so hard for, and broke it over his leg. Telling her to meet him in the forest the next morning she was left very shocked and a little upset but the opportunity to train with him made her very excited. She barely slept at all that night.
The following morning she was there before Ivan arrived, he had a sword on his back and held it out to her. Expecting her to take it which she did. He told her that she would from now on, only use one sword for a week before it was to be destroyed. A little confused by this she received the new sword that would be using, noticeably off-balanced much to her annoyance but she was too timid of annoying her new teacher to the point of him rescinding his offer of training.
His first trial was for her to cut a tree in half with a sword, a little confused and still ignorant to many way of the shinigami she voiced her irritation at him playing with her like this which he quickly silenced by appearing not to move at all, looking bemused at her while she was complaining to him. Then she heard it, the tree exploding into small fragments and leaving nothing but shards of tree.
Flabbergasted Erika was confused and scared, but below that was awe and wonder! This man, was incredible to her, her revealed that he was going to make her more powerful than him and that if she wanted to be the best then she must accept his conditions. Naturally she accepted this, she trained harder than ever and stayed awake for three days just to cut through that tree with her sword by the end of it her blade was dull and the edge chipped. Surprised she was willing to go through with such a test Ivan gave her a wooden sword, telling her that she could proceed once she could cut through a tree with the wooden training sword.
Unheard of to the girl, how was she going to break a tree with a stick! It was impossible surely!? Erika's test spanned over multiple days, unable to stay awake for a lot of it but she wasn't going to stop. Somehow the stick survived the ordeal but Erika couldn't break the tree. Apologising to Ivan, she finally conceded before he stated that the test was designed for her to fail. She had to learn that she wasn't able to do everything although upon taking the stick he cut the tree into two pieces, reminding her that he wasn't her and so he could do it.
From that day forward the real training began, reiryoku and reiatsu, beginning the art of Jinzen. Erika was quick to learn this skill, the assistance of the wooden path teachings allowed her to focus and concentrate on this inner-energy. This continued for a few weeks before she finally had much of the workings of her energies available to her control. She was finally allowed to move onto the third path of her training which was focused on her body.
A swordswoman couldn't just rely on having a sword, Ivan was going to teach her how to make herself as powerful as a sword and and become the weapon of her art. It began by focusing on her body and focusing her reiatsu onto her body to make herself stronger and more powerful than her normal bodies limits. Already she had began the path of the shinigami whether she knew it or not with the teachings of Ivan she was passively becoming one.
When she could finally empower her body with the assistance of reiatsu her test began with her cutting her hand, and thankfully the blade could not pierce the skin due to her reiatsu making her harder like a sword. Pleased by this result her mentor aimed to make her able to learn his ability that he had mastered and made him so famous as a Kenpachi.
She began her teachings of Astral Swordsmith, while she had already been training for it for many years and must've gone through hundreds if not thousands of swords by now but she had finally began for real, she could work with her inner energies and begin to try and form a weapon that would serve as her physical zanpakuto's form. This empty vessel of her energy would make her own energy become her zanpakuto's form and they would develop a very strong bond.
This length of training was by far the hardest, she had to be able to finely control her energy as she projected the sword. This took an incredibly long time and even when she was able to form a sword her mentor would do something to distract her like tap her head or as she developed it further even send her flying a few metres away and see if the blade would stay formed.
Eventually she had it quite competently down, she could form a sword and keep it maintained, even sparring with it against Ivan's own swords formed by his own power. This training and honing continued until she was adept in the ability and was able to even manipulate the properties of her projections. The need for a sword became obsolete and she was able to conjure one whenever she required.
Everything would be short-lived though, the name of Ivan being the Second Kenpachi gave him quite the reputation. He would quickly find bold swordsman targetting him for the title that he possessed from Yachiru Unohana. Although most fell to his blade he was no invincible. Erika would find her master late for a training session, going to investigate she found him dying from a wound that had been inflicted on him by an opponent. Giving her his final words he gave her a final gift, impaling her with his zanpakuto he gave her his shinigami powers, the reiryoku that he had and the boost of his own Astral Swordsmith prowess.
Her belief in the Bushido code made her strive to avenge Ivan, hunting around for the man that called himself the Third Kenpachi wasn't difficult and openly facing him she was swiftly defeated and left a mortally wounded state, publicly humiliated and broken her most hated enemy leaned down and gave her information, some information that tore through her beliefs. He told her that believing in honour and the bushido code makes her weak, she should give up those stupid beliefs and get stronger.
Leaving her alive to die slowly her broken body was picked up by an old lady, a healer in the Rukongai. She never told Erika her name but she was a shinigami and was skilled with Kaido, able to heal even her gruesome wounds she finished healing Erika and left without saying goodbye, a note being the only thing the woman left for her that suggested she head to the Shino Academy and train to become a Shinigami. Erika did not want to though, she continued throughout the Rukongai.
A Ronin within the districts she became a mercenary and hired her sword to do work, not willing to swear her allegiance to anyone she wanted to be alone and away from everyone. This lifestyle continued for quite some time. Many hundreds of years of solitude, not that she was alone but she held no one close to her; no friends, no family and no lord. This continued until Erika felt the loneliness begin to bite her, the desire to avenge her master had finally died due to the Third Kenpachi being killed and the title being passed on.
Without a purpose Erika finally sought out the Shino Academy, joining up in the academy to begin training as a shinigami and find purpose in the Gotei Thirteen. She sought to make herself feel like she had something fruitful, not just wealth and empty feelings of loneliness in her mind.
PART THREE: BACK TO LEARNING
Following her entry into the Academy, Erika passed the entry test. Relying quite a lot on her zanjutsu to get her through the tests, despite being trained by the Second Kenpachi she didn't make it known. Even after she passed and was accepted she didn't speak a word about her former teacher, feeling that if she did then it would bring her unnecessary attention and people would view her for her reputation than who she actually was. She would begin two years at the academy, paired with the junior year and shared a room with three other girls all intent on becoming shinigami.
She got to know them quite well; the one that had taken a leader-like role within the group was called Miyabi. She was bold and out-spoken, despite having no where near the skill of Erika she was always willing to try and did her best which Erika found admirable and liked her work ethic even though the girl disregarded honourifics and all the cultural norms that she was used too. Miyabi became something of a role model to her with everyone happy to be around her and enjoying her company.
Her second friend was a little girl, appearing very young and shy, she lacked a lot of confidence and Erika quickly saw her as a little sister. She'd always try and take time out to help the little girl called Risa. The third and final roommate was very similar to her, although easily frustrated and irritated when things didn't work properly, she was very beautiful and men always sought after her, however her true skills was her intelligence and knowledge of kido, her final "sister" had the name of Misaki. Over her time in the academy these girls became very close to her with the time they shared yet Erika was always reserved. While the others talked about their past she wouldn't speak about her own.
She was a dedicated student, unable to hide her talent at zanjutsu she quickly received infamy for the skill she possessed. She used her Astral Swordsmith to keep her projection constantly active she had long since returned her asauchi anonymously since she didn't want nor require it. She trained extensively in kido and hoho to try and bring them up to a standard similar to her zanjutsu but that was almost impossible, she had already invested to much into zanjutsu and no amount of training could keep the fields equal.
She did as little as she could in Hakuda, unlike other shinigami she viewed it as pointless. She could form a blade whenever she required it unlike everyone else. Training with Misaki she became quite adept in her kido and hoho, getting it to a level quite advanced in the academy she excelled in the three arts. She made it three years this way, during her third year she began to have dreams.
She was constantly walking through a dream world, the sounds of combat all around her. A clash of two factions, dead warriors littered the field and every time Erika dreamt of this place more and more people had died until finally only two remained. Two armoured women clashed with one always defending against the offensive knight. These dreams continued and always she could never approach the two women, they would always be out of reach and she could never hear them, she would always wake up whenever she got close to seeing them.
This continued for months, plaguing her sleep with this same frustrating dream. She didn't speak to people about it although she was sure that they were her zanpakuto spirit, or at least one of them was. Erika continued her work towards becoming a great shinigami,
Shield Zanpakuto Spirit
> Strong-Willed | Reserved | Tactical | Protective | Calm | Focused
Sword Zanpakuto Spirit
> Strong-Willed | Brash | Instinctual | Rude | Combative | Scatter Brain