Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Casual Visit [Closed]

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:12 pm
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

Midori Hayashi

Captain of the Second Division

Sitting down in the chair beside him, Midori sighed and shook her head. "I was professional because it was our first meeting. You don't go meet a patient on casual terms when the point of meeting them is to discuss them." Midori explained, crossing her arms and sliding a leg over the other, "And if you want to be more casual, call me Midori." That was a first. Rarely did she allow someone to call her by her first name only. She had recently been called "Captain Midori" instead of "Captain Hayashi, but that wasn't a big deal; it still had Captain in it. "But sure. I can do the mutual thing."

So there were no boundaries as long as she didn't constantly speak on his illness. Right now, him being a patient of hers was the only thing they had to really talk about that didn't feel like forced conversation, but maybe that's what he wanted? She'd have to give that a try. As she fell into her thoughts, he spoke up and asked the first question. It took her a moment to register the question in her mind, but once she did, she looked back up to him and shook her head. "No. I don't have a family." she said like it wasn't a big deal, "I don't really have anyone li-... I guess that's not true. No, I've got Tsubine. You may know her as a former Captain Commander; she's like a sister to me. She's brought this little one into my life, so I now have a niece. I'm just getting to know her though, so I don't know much I can say on that subject."

"When people ask about family, they usually inquire about blood relations, so I didn't think to count it. Seeing as this conversation is meant to be more casual, I feel like those two definitely count on the 'family' level." Midori didn't know what else to say about those two after that, so it must have been her turn to ask a question. She thought for a while, her mind rummaging through questions that felt more professional than personal. She couldn't find one that worked well, so she chuckled shamefully. "God, that's pathetic. I can't even think of something to ask beyond 'what's your favorite color?' And that's not exactly going to keep a conversation flowing... I really do suck at this. I guess, um... So... why did you... join the Gotei?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:05 pm

INSERT COOL TITLE HERE

KENTO SUZUKI

When Midori told him to address her by her first name Kento was a little surprised, he hadn't expected this level of interaction. Not that it was a bother to him of course, he was more than pleased to address her as Midori, doesn't mean it didn't catch him off guard there though.

The answer came as one that would not surprise him, well initially anyway, not many people really had their family after death and coming to Soul Society. So when she instead changed it and spoke about a Tsubine he was not expecting it to be the actual Captain-Commander Tsubine. There was a few things that confused him though. He had never served in the Gotei during Tsubine's captaincy so she was more of a symbol to him, not to mention he often heard remarks about the woman from the other young men in his division which would be evident with a rather cheeky grin as if he knew something the other woman didn't.

"Little one? I didn't know the Captain-Commander had a child, well I'm glad for her at least. Family's pretty important Capt- Midori. Take care of your niece or nephew"

The knowledge of her nephew or niece did spur the feeling of regret a little, he'd definitely die before he was an uncle which was sad but it wouldn't show. He wasn't going to drag this conversation into the dirt with regrets and things that weren't able to be changed. The mood was lightened however when Midori said she couldn't think of anything and he broke his train of thought to laugh.

"The Gotei? Well it was never my intention, but needed money and the people that took me in were shinigami so I got some of their teachings before I even came to the Shino Academy. Really only fell into it because I needed to support Sophie, otherwise I doubt I would've been a shinigami. I think that's pretty much it anyway, what's your favourite colour?"

He said the last part in a teasing manner, it was nothing more than a playful jab.

"Kidding, that wasn't my question how about, what do you do in your free time? If you even have free time or are a workaholic, it wouldn't surprise me in all honesty."

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Gamma_Signature
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 CHARACTER_LISTA Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 GRAPHICS_THREADA Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 TIMELINE_THREAD
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:05 pm

Midori Hayashi

"Uh, niece. And adopted through bonds, similar to Tsubine and myself calling each other out as sisters." Midori quickly explained before the conversation moved on. Midori was surprised by his answer. Most people intend to join the Gotei, whether for money, status, or power, they wanted to and plan for it. Midori thought his decision felt like he didn't want to, but he had no other choice in the matter. That was a sad realization for Midori because she loved the Gotei 13, but she understood the desire to support family.

Midori's expression dulled at him as he chose to pick on her with that basic question that she didn't even want to ask. She glanced mischievously toward the machines that surrounded them in the room, as if she could use them as some sort of revenge. "That's better!" she replied when he asked the real question and then smiled, feeling a bit more at ease, "Well not much beyond sitting at home, reading, and drinking tea... I am a bit of a workaholic. I don't get out much, unless someone tries to force me to get out of the house."

"Oh, and my favorite color is green. I think it comes with the territory." Midori pointed to her eyes, but it was also a reference to her given name. "What's yours?" Midori gave a sheepish smile, obviously going with his joke, "I'd ask you what you do when you relax, but repeating your questions doesn't seem very creative... Why don't you tell me... what your most memorable moment is? Like, favorite mission? Something that happened with your sister?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:50 pm

INSERT COOL TITLE HERE

KENTO SUZUKI

He understood what she meant so their relationship was like what he had with his sister. Family built by choice instead of blood. The clarification was good but he doubted he'd ever meet Tsubine or the girl so what did it matter to him anyway, he supposed it did give him a better understanding though. He continued to listen as she spoke of her interests and hobbies, wondering if she really would do anything with these machines as payback. What could Kento do if she got mischievous and enacted a plan. He'd figure out his counter-measures later, hoping a little she'd do something like that.

"So you're a bit of a recluse... Surely it gets a little lonely when you all your hobbies seem to be done by yourself."

When she said her favourite was green there was a small smile that came out of Kento when she asked for his own.

"Not to sound like a copycat or anything but mine's also green. I like to be outside, not really stay inside that much and all that. I like to enjoy nature and green is everywhere in it. Now my most memorable moment, I'd probably say when I taught Sophie a kido spell, she wasn't in the academy I just decided to see if she had the knack for it. I think she wanted something cool like Shakkaho or Byakurai but instead I taught her Sho. She got that down pretty quick and I am glad it was just the push that sent me into the wall when she first got it, otherwise I'd be cinders if I taught her something else."

He grinned and moved to stand up. Unlike before he was pretty balanced, he was getting used to it now so he hoped he wouldn't fall over again. He'd get his standard shinigami top out and put it on so he was finally dressed and then held onto the drawer for support.

"Come on, let's keep the conversation going but this time in a place with colour we can both enjoy and I can show you my hobby, just not to the same level I doubt I could do any hiking, just a walk around the gardens. What do you say?"

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Midori Hayashi

"No." Midori replied without hesitation, shaking her head as well, "There are people in my life that I've missed and sometimes going out with others can be fun, but rarely do I become lonely when that's not the case. I prefer solitude most of the time since a good portion of my interactions with people are them yelling in pain or yelling at me because I have to ask questions during psyche evaluations." As the conversation continued and the 'favorite color' subject came up, Midori raised an eyebrow. "Copy cat." she said to tease him, interrupting him for just a moment once he said green.

"Sho's a handy spell. Basic for defense. So she got the hang of of it, hm?" Midori said impressed with the story of his sister. Maybe the two would meet some day? And then Midori realized something. "Wait... did you let your sister aim a kido at you?" she asked, wide eyed and curious. She didn't know why, but that was funny. The mental image of Kento being sent flying by a little girl repeated in her mind and she caught herself laughing. She put her hand over her mouth, trying to hold it back. "Y-Yeah... I-It's a good thing you didn't teach her anything else." Midori took about half a minute to stop laughing and wiped a tear from her eye, "Wish I could have seen it."

Upon hearing his request, Midori raised an eyebrow at him. "You could barely lift yourself from the ground or stand earlier... Your balance is off quite a lot today, but you're wanting to go walk around the gardens? The most I could see being done is pushing you in a wheel chair, like a responsible doctor, out to one of the garden tables, and talking like that." she stated sternly, pointing toward the doorway, "I may be here casually, but I'm not crazy enough to put you in harms way. Are you okay with being wheeled out to the gardens?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:36 pm

INSERT COOL TITLE HERE

KENTO SUZUKI

She had a valid point, why on earth would you want to deal with people when you spent most of your day listening to them yell at you. Still Kento would not admit it was a good thing to be lonely and to try and remain as such.

"Sho is a good spell, that's why I taught her it to her and yeah, first go to. I wasn't expecting that."

He chuckled and grinned at her curiousity towards it before she burst out laughing. He let her laugh to her heart's content. Kento didn't mind, she had a nice laugh to her after all and it was good to see her smile. Much better than her professional expression she wore.

"Hmmm... Wheelchair? At least just let me use you for balance. I'll be fine Midori, just don't go tossing me around and all and we should be fine, and fine. I will sit at a table but I want to walk there."

A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 CHARACTER_LISTA Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 GRAPHICS_THREADA Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 2 TIMELINE_THREAD
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:25 pm

Midori Hayashi

"Use me? For balance?"

Midori was very picky when it came to patient treatment. There were certain rules, expectations, and values that she upheld. Letting him walk out of here, when she knew he could barely stand and was getting weaker by the day, was not something she was willing to do. And his wanting to use her for balance did not sit right with her. She was a doctor, not a tool. She may have come here casually, but she'd sooner constrain him to his bed than risk his health. Besides, using her as a crutch felt wrong, and almost offensive.

"Sorry, but no. Just because I came here casually, doesn't mean I am willing to fall from my strict outlook on medical care. If you want to be in the gardens, you'll be wheeled out there or given crutches. You're not in recovery or rehabilitation, so a doctor aiding you to walk is not necessary and will possibly worsen your condition. Crutches, chair, or stay here?"

Unfortunately for most, Midori wasn't a weak willed person who would change their mind or opinion because of a few words. She held herself to the highest degree of code. One thing he'll learn about her, she's not one to just hand people what they want. She's learned over years of dealing with people as a therapist and doctor, most people don't know what they need, and that is what she was working with. What did he need? Careful care.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:01 am

INSERT COOL TITLE HERE

KENTO SUZUKI

Kento could tell he'd struck a nerve there, there were certain things he knew you never said to a woman ever. It was simple question, why would Midori need clarification if it didn't work for her? He almost felt like bringing his hands up defensively and trying to ease this situation not really knowing how though. Way to go Kento. He wondered if this really meant he'd be babied by Midori like a child, it hurt him a little bit but what could he do. She still seemed to think he was able to be saved and wanted to try and keep him alive for as long as possible.

"Crutches then"

He broke the silence with a sigh and bemused tone, arguing with her wouldn't get him anywhere and it seemed easier to just accept her authority as much as it displeased him. He wasn't a fan of this way of living, it seemed suffocating honestly for him given that he came from being realistically able to do whatever he wanted to suddenly getting spoon-fed. Guiding himself over to grab the crutches he'd get all set up before looking at the woman and wait for her to lead the way.

"God these things suck."

He complained idly as he followed along, finding them frustrating to use. He never liked crutches but he wasn't going to go quietly in a wheelchair and he wasn't going to live in the room either, he wasn't going to waste his short life in that tiny room. So he'd wonder and try to think about what to ask her next. What could he honestly ask her that wouldn't get him shot down or what could he even suggest to do aside from sit around?

"Sooo... do you like flowers? Or were the gardens just chosen for the scenery and environment?"

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:59 pm

Midori Hayashi

And so he understood that arguing on certain matters was going to get him nowhere. She was stubborn as all heck. Once he was ready, up on crutches to help him keep his balance, Midori led him out of his room and into the halls. "It's better than a wheel chair, or falling on your face." Midori chuckled a bit, closing the door behind him as the two made their way to the gardens.

"Flowers? Oh, the gardens were here before me, but I made sure to keep them up." she explained with a bigger smile than normal, "I love them. It's beautiful, creates a good environment, allows for activities for patients like you -- those who are going to be here a while, but are capable of moving on their own. Picking and watering flowers are a calm way to pass the time."

"It's the same reason we have a small library, arts and crafts, and music lessons. Wait, have you not taken part in any of this? You know... if you had let me talk the first time we met, I would have informed you of these things then." Midori shook her head and sighed, "But nooo, you wanted me to shush and have a casual normal conversation thing when I was doctor woman," she poked his cheek, "And you were patient! Stubborn man."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:19 pm

INSERT COOL TITLE HERE

KENTO SUZUKI

He took in her words, probably more than the scenery as she spoke about it. Kento wasn't much of a fan for all these flower arrangement things nor was he really a strong arts and crafts person and he'd never really seen an interest in learning music. He preferred to simply be outdoors and do stuff so he took his scolding from her, with a sheepish grin. Her use of terms such "doctor woman" seemed different, he didn't mind it welcomed it even.

"Me? Stubborn? Never. If anything you're the more stubborn one here"

He couldn't really poke her back, he had to hold these damn crutches which he still found quite the inconvenience. Left him wide open to any of her playful assaults.

"What do you do for the people that don't like to pick flowers or all your casual stuff? You just lock them in their room and tie them down to stop them from getting in harm's way Helicopter Mum?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum