Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: A Casual Visit [Closed]

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:04 pm
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 6EdIfMt

Midori Hayashi

Captain of the Second Division

Her change of terms were a change in demeanor. She didn't like arguing and loved it when things went the way her medical rules and all of that stuff stated. She had no problem with him moving out of his room to wander around, but she wasn't a crutch and was not willing to have a "falling" scene repeat in public. And because he agreed to crutches, she felt much better.

"Me stubborn? I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm the most lenient, open-minded, flexible, yielding woman in the entire Gotei Thir, United!"

The two soon made it to the gardens for this area. It was a nice sunny day outside. The sky was mostly clear besides a few fluffy clouds. There were a few people out here, including a couple of nurses accompanying other patients. There were multiple flower beds with different types of flowers. The two made their way along one of the multiple concrete paths that were paved throughout the venue until they came to a stone table.

"You're asking what we do for people who don't like to read, don't like to paint, color or sew, and don't like music? We let them play games, of course." Midori tapped the top of the stone table to point out a checkered board that could be used for Checkers or Chess. "The pieces are normally kept inside. We also have cards as well. Most people find entertainment out of it. Don't often get many complaints about our terminal ward. It's comfortable for most."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:22 pm

INSERT COOL TITLE HERE

KENTO SUZUKI

He looked at her questioningly as she talked all about her defining traits, all made up of course but he'd let her have it. The didn't need a scene after all from Midori stamping her feet and making it clear she was all these things.

As they kept walking he finally noticed they came to a table and he listened to her speak about chess. It was neither his strong suit nor his biggest hobby. He learned and played it for the sake of his sister when she was younger. He could never win.

Taking a quick look around he spotted a table with the pieces still there probably left from a member shirking their duties or something, he'd slowly make his way over before inviting the woman to sit opposite him.

"Let's play some chess, although I'm not very good sorry."

If she went along with it he'd set them up and begin to play, he wanted to play a few games anyway with her. So part-way into the fourth game he looked away coyly. He'd won every single one thus far and midway through the last game he was still looking strong for victory, really he could win in a few turns anyway.

"You're turn Midori."

He waited for the woman's move, looking at her patiently while the ball was in her court to decide the chess game.

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 Gamma_Signature
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 CHARACTER_LISTA Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 GRAPHICS_THREADA Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 TIMELINE_THREAD
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Midori Hayashi

Game One: Minor Loss. Game Two: Loss. Game three: Complete Loss. Game Four: She was gonna win, dang it! Midori knew the basic rules of chess, but tactics were never her strong suit. She also wasn't good at predicting the next moves of her opponents. There was a reason she was the Captain of Healers and utility-based fighters, not warriors. She stared determined at the pieces before her. Only a couple of her own were still on the board and he had most of his. She grabbed one of the pieces and moved it to a square, glancing at Kento to see if he reacted to her move before she let her hand off the piece. She saw little beyond that coy smile and let go since she didn't know another move, unaware that his next move would put her in checkmate.

"Your turn, Kento!"

Midori watched the game board closely. She placed her chin on the surface of the table, getting a closer view. The frustration of repeated losses had her eyes narrowed and cheeks puffed up like a pouting child. She saw then, way too late, that she had handed him the game with that last move and her eyes widened, likely giving him the hint. She tried to keep a straight face, her poker face not working well in chess, and hoped he wouldn't make the move.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:44 pm

INSERT COOL TITLE HERE

KENTO SUZUKI

To make it or not? To give her the game or to take it for himself? She was already frustrated and for a moment he contemplated just throwing it but then he saw her realise her mistake and for him to give it to her would be way to obvious at this point. So he made the final move, taking his piece and putting her in checkmate before his hand knocked her king over for the fourth time.

"Checkmate Midori. I think that's enough for now, it wouldn't look good for the Captain to smash a table after losing again. If you'd prefer we can go back now, you look a bit unhappy about all the defeats."

He teased her a little before standing up and grabbing the crutches. He waited for her to recover a little and stood in front of her, giving her a moment to recover her usual captain demeanour without her subordinates getting a view at her sore loser side. He head off to go back to his room after she was ready to go it was a fun outing, he was glad that there really was more to this woman than just her workaholic and seriousness. She was actually quite fun to be around.

A Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 CHARACTER_LISTA Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 GRAPHICS_THREADA Casual Visit [Closed] - Page 3 TIMELINE_THREAD
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Midori Hayashi

Ack! He made the move. Crap. Did her face give it away? She should have kept her expression straight! "Uuugh!" Midori let her head fall into the table. It didn't hurt, of course, but there was a bit of a thud. "I suck at this gaaaame. I suck at all games! I haven't been part of a game that I won unless someone gave me it!" she said, but it was an over exaggeration in that moment. She had won before. Midori flailed her arms childishly, only causing her to lose her balance and fall off the side of the table's bench. "You didn't see that." she hopped to her feet and dusted off her bottom. She looked around and to see that no one noticed, at least from what she could tell. "Blasted game."

Midori slid all the pieces into the box and set it to the side. "You're wanting to go back inside?" she asked curiously. Looking around again, she realized it was getting later. The sun was going down and neither of them had eaten. In fact, he should probably be taking his medicine soon, otherwise he might start getting uncomfortable. "That was fun. I don't often win games of chess, so it's okay." Midori said, smiling happily and chuckled at her next thought, "Maybe try card games next time? I might have a better chance at Go-Fish."

Once the pieces were all put away, she stepped up beside him with the game pieces box in her hand and began making her way inside. "Are you hungry? You should be after a few hours of uninterrupted Chess. Anything in particular you would like to eat tonight?" Midori was much more at ease now. Playing games was fun, which was something she didn't often get to do, especially with another person. Hours of getting beat weren't the best, but the company was nice and she did learn a few techniques for chess. Who knows? Maybe she'll beat him next time? She'd have to practice some more.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:29 pm

INSERT COOL TITLE HERE

KENTO SUZUKI

He waited patiently for her to get all ready. Obviously she had lost track of the time and despite the fact he could probably feel just as good by staying here and playing with her some more he wondered just how much she could take before she hated him enough to stop playing. He contemplated trying to help her up, but given that he was using his crutches for support it was probably best not to or risk falling on her. A repeat of the event from earlier in public wasn't something he wanted, in private though now that was another matter.

"Yeah. We probably should be heading off, not that I don't mind eating out here if you wanted to. We can play some card games sometime, that sounds fun and you could probably beat me there, I never really played the card games more often that not all that was available was poker and that was gambling. You'll have to teach me this Go-Fish game."

He was trailing behind her oblivious to the comment that suggested them eating together, a slip of the tongue from spending the day with her. He didn't think it might sound like a date, it wasn't supposed to anyway.

"Ahh... I don't really have a preference for food. What did you have in mind? You're the expert on hospital food anyway. I'll let the little doctor decide her course of action for the patient."

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:16 am

Midori Hayashi

Dinner. That was something to think on. She didn't want to go home, yet, and was enjoying conversation with Kento. Well, she was at least enjoying the games. She felt a bit more at ease when there was something to do while talking. Small talk seemed to be a difficult thing for her, at least that's what she was learning. She made sure to put the game pieces away as the two would head back inside. Midori was heading toward the cafeteria and would motion for him to come along if he went another way.

"I would not call myself an expert of hospital food, since there's always a weird connotation about it. It's like airplane food, calling it that sounds insulting." she explained, opening the door to the cafeteria for him, "I've had dinner here a lot. Whatever they have is usually pretty good, well cooked and nicely spiced, so I haven't had any problems." Midori walked up to the food station and picked a plate up for both of them. She was going to make sure to get his as well. "Well, anything you see that you'd like? Also, we can eat out on the porch as well. I can tell you don't like being stuck inside too much."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:45 am

INSERT COOL TITLE HERE

KENTO SUZUKI

He trailed behind her. A little slower because of his crutches but he kept behind her, he didn't want to obstruct to much of the hallway by walking abreast. He grinned playfully at her as she explained while opening the door for him. He'd wait for her to walk in before adding in a playful jab.

"Alright, how about we call you the expert at chess?"

He say it quietly before continuing, now being in the cafeteria and having people around would give her something to think about. He was just taking advantage of her setting to make it harder to rebut or get her own jab in. So when she asked him about what he wanted to eat he looked at the station and pointed at something.

"That looks interesting,. I'll just take that please Midori. Whatever it is."

After giving his request to her he'd wait for her to get her own before nodding, being outside sounded like a much better idea, not only that but she wasn't the kind of woman to show her true colours in a crowd so Kento naturally wanted to keep seeing more of the woman's actual self rather than her captain's visage. Once there he'd sit down, and begin to eat slowly while looking at her occasionally.

"Taste good?"

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:02 pm

Midori Hayashi

Midori's expression went from happy to dull-eyed and irritated at Kento's joke. She said nothing and moved on to the subject of food. She looked to what Kento was referring and raised an eyebrow. "You don't know what mashed potatoes are?" Midori chuckled and made up his plate first. This section of her Division was a more accommodating section than the regular hospital. There was a reason he had a normal bed in his room, with a desk, a nice chair, a closet, and his own bathroom. People here are usually here a while. There weren't that many rooms like that, but he got one of them.

In the end, Kento ended up with grilled chicken, mashed potatoes with butter, and a vegetable of his choosing. The meals here were much better than at the regular hospital. With Midori mimicking what he was eating, choosing green beans as her vegetable, she led him over to a table and set his food down. "Smells good. I eat her more often than I should." she said as she picked up her fork to start eating. She took her first bite and nodded to his question. "It is. I know not everyone likes the food here, but it's healthy, well-prepared, and you can trust the staff to be more than clean. I know the boss, trust me." Midori winked playfully at him, "So what about you? Taste good?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:45 pm

INSERT COOL TITLE HERE

KENTO SUZUKI

"No idea what they are..."

He said it with a grin while she got it all sorted and next thing you know they were sitting outside while eating. He looked at the fork a little strangely, most people used chopsticks in the Rukongai and only the real nobility or people of western lifestyles before death really knew and used cutlery. Nonetheless he could figure it out, he wasn't stupid and he got on quite well after that small mistake.

"I'm sure the boss is great with keeping everyone in line and making everything work right. It tastes great though, I'll be sure to take your choices less lightly in the future. Obviously you're much better at them than me."

He smiled at her when she winked at him, it was something strange about it which made him happy to see in her. He still found it a little difficult to imagine this was the same Midori that introduced herself on their previous encounter and he was glad that she came and opened up more. When he finally finished his meal he'd wait patiently for her to finish if she didn't beat him that is and then he'd stand and get himself set back up. He wished he could clean up, that was not to be though. There's no way he'd be able to carry the plates back in crutches without breaking them.

"I suppose dinner's over then, and it's getting pretty late. Might call it a day if that's alright with you?"

He'd turn to leave, Midori was welcome to accompany him for the last bit of their day but otherwise he'd just head to his room and go to sleep. He was pretty tired from the day with Midori after all.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum