Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty Re: Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha]

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:27 am
Lilium wrapped her arms around out of the pillows that sat on the couch, gently grunting as she rolled around, trying to get into a more comfortable lying position, adjusting her body to get the most amount of this couch's comfort. Of course, she listened to the male's talk once more, narrowing her eyes.

Mmph.. This guy sure likes to talk, huh?

His words were not met with much enthusiasm from the girl, who had ulterior motives as opposed to helping him out of the goodness of her heart. She mostly was only interested in getting her abilities under control. Speaking of sin, one of the little manifestations of humanity's inky black hearts had plopped onto her nose as she was lying upright. Of course, the reasonable option she went with was to devour the little creature, pinching it's small tail and passing it into her mouth without a second thought. Well hey, they weren't exactly thinking, feeling creatures, so why even think much about chewing and swallowing one as opposed to indirectly absorbing them?

Her attention was brought back to the bony looking hollow as he walked back to her. She stared at him, appearing a little annoyed of the noises he was making as he looked at the ceiling of his humble abode. Girl just wanted to settle in and pass out again, but was met with unsuccessful comfort and this guy barking his head off about stuff she really didn't click with. She let out a little grunt as she stared at him, her silver eyes dull with killer boredom.

"Okay..." She let out a little yawn, "Look, are you going to teach me how to not overload myself on my own food and end up offing people, or are you going to make me pass out again with yapping your head off?"
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty Re: Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha]

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Yaksha, The Überseele

Yaksha stared down at the girl, watching her snatch at something only she could see, popping it into her mouth with the same negligence one would use when crunching down on a potato chip, or a cookie. He met her gaze with chilly indifference, seeming not even to notice her idle attempts at blowing off his words, or his intentions. Indeed, as he loomed over her, it seemed to suddenly become quite clear. He said nothing, didn't change his stance in the slightest, but it was suddenly abundantly clear: He could kill her at any time, and there wasn't a thing she could do about it.

"Take care to think about the words you speak. If you seek a simple solution to your problem, the easiest one I can offer is total cessation. Understanding is the tool I offer. As your talents' limitations and order are made known, you will be able to use your own capabilities to prevent what happened yesterday. I am simply here to ask the right questions."

He leaned closer, hand waving through the air above her chest slowly, as if he were trying to touch one of the sin creatures only she could see. He had the air of someone deeply in thought as he performed this act, swiping back and forth, probing blindly through the air as if he were trying to find the right words, or to waft away an unpleasant smell.

"Is it the sinful intent, or the sinful act, which forms the creatures you feed off of? Is merely wanting to do something enough to cause your tanks to overflow? And for that matter, where does the sin go, when consumed by you? It has a negligeable impact on the person you consume it from, so you aren't destroying it, or converting it. Until you understand the rules by which your talents operate, you can't do anything about it. Patterns and rhythms can be found in all things, if you seek to look. But by all means, if you want to simply go to sleep, and let this be someone else's problem...I can assure you that you will never have another problem in your life."

As he spoke these last words, Yaksha's fingers, long and wickedly hooked, began to waggle, ever so slightly.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:03 am
Lilium was perfectly relaxed on the couch, having caught yet another of the floating manifestations of sin, it meeting it's end as she slipped it into her jaws. It wasn't particularly difficult to grasp them, considering they lacked even the most basic instinct even the tiniest of living things possessed, being fight or flight, then again these forms weren't exactly living, at least not in the young Danava's mind.

Though something immediately threw a wrench in her relaxed yet slightly impatient mood, the hollow's eerie gaze fixed on her own. Everything within her concept made it easy to get across what that gaze meant, and she only felt even more inferior than she had before, which bothered the hell out of her. This oppressive sensation of powerlessness caused her to avert her gaze, clearly conveying she dropped from that silent stare down, doing a gentle huff of silent contempt to the thought of smallness and lack of control of her circumstance.

Lilium, clearly appearing intimidated when he began speaking once more, advising she watches her mouth, specifically the words that came out, and what particularly made her internally gulp; the thought of death. Her death. Death did not chime well in her mind.

Though she put on a brave face for the chunk of it, she flinched when her hung over her body, waving one of his monstrous white hands over her. Her fear showed it's colors for a moment as she thought he was going to harm her, but was relieved when he didn't lower it onto her body in a threatening manner, her turning her head to look his way as he spoke once more.

"...When did I ever give the impression I just wanted to bow out?" Trying to gain some semblance of control of herself, she looked his way, though intentionally lightened her voice, "I'm willing to work with you, I want to have a grip on it..." She looked as if she were holding something back, but forced it out, "...I... I don't want to kill anyone, okay? I want to freakin' live, but I don't want anyone else to die because of me. There, I admitted it okay? I despise being so powerless of something so simple as myself!"

She internally regretted letting her desires out, but she was compelled to say something, and thus this weakened her into a cry, "So just... Guide me, please."
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Forgot My Floaties [Lilium/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:27 pm

Yaksha, The Überseele

"That's the most important start, Lillium. You can't be led if you're still arguing with me as to what step needs to be taken next. Power isn't important, Lillium. Countless people make that mistake. People think that money makes you powerful, or that the feeling of power you get from drugs is all that matters. Every cracked-up mugger with a knife has power, Lillium. They carry it in their hands, in their muscles, in their bloodstream, and in their heads. None of it changes a thing. It's not the act of driving a knife home which changes the world, it's the will behind it. Power without will is nothing. Will without power...soon seeks it."

There was that same sense of a steady metronomic rhythm to Yaksha's words, his patterned scales gently shifting as he spoke, never actually meeting Lillum's gaze during the process. He appeared to be staring elsewhere, his mind racing and churning at speeds that couldn't be fathomed from outside. He was working through a thousand thousand lines of rhetoric, snipping each off with the same care and patience one would normally reserve for pruning a bush. Each time, the successive branches grew longer and more robust...until, in the process of five seconds, perhaps six, Yaksha was finally able to find the words once more.

"Control is what truly makes the world a different place. A man need only place his thumb on a scale to make the cost skyrocket. There is no power in placing the thumb...merely the will to do so, and the proper position to employ that will. Control is what you will be learning, not power. Power, I encourage you to seek on your own time. I, in my 2500 years, still couldn't tell you power when I saw it. It's...an abstract, and it's something everyone seeks in their own special way. Control, on the other hand, is a skill like any other. I can teach you control in the same way I teach piano, or a new language. You needn't hurt anyone by accident, once you have control. And seeking power will not harm your control, once found. Your desires are well-grounded, and I have no intention of telling you that you are wrong for wanting to live. I hardly have any basis by which to judge you for that."

He glanced down at his claws, and then slowly flexed the hand into a fist, looking down at it, as he sat down across from her. Now, that faint rhythm was broken, his voice actually filling with warmth as he looked down at her. All of a sudden, there was a sense that she was being sliced into neat little strips, each one being put under a microscope and scrutinized. He seemed to peel back her layers, one by one, peeking to her very core...and strangely, it felt soothing, almost pleasant, rather than unsettling.

"No one in this world should wish to kill another. It's a despicable act that should only be partaken with a clear mind, and with a willingness to accept the consequences. To extinguish a life is antithetical to the concept of control. But...strangely enough, part of control is knowing when to give it up. And one day, when you are prepared...I'm certain you will know when someone has passed the point of reform."

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:41 pm
Lilium did not have much of a nerve left to continue her weak challenges, having kept her mouth shut as she listened to the hollow speak. Flourishes of anxiety caused her chest to thump, no matter how still she was on the couch. The urge to move, to run, made her muscles burn, but she knew better than to, keeping completely still, her gaze locked onto the hollow's form as he continued to talk to her. The machine-like inflections in his voice only continued to chill her, but she still listened, she still kept her face strong in a feeble attempt at not appearing scared to him.

She silently acknowledged his words, knowing that what he spoke of was very, very correct. The more he spoke, the more she seemed to silently sulk in defeat and guilt. Even though she felt absolutely silly for what she had believed, she didn't go into self loathing, simply self reflection. From her memories of humanity, she simply couldn't agree more with the idea. Every world leader, malevolently intentioned or not, had both traits, though obviously needed the control in order to have the power. To be able to control armies, the public, the media, every aspect of a country, meant one had the power to make or break not only that country, but likely even the world itself. A fool couldn't conduct a strong army, someone who had no idea how to use either or of the two components; If they had no control, they would quickly fall out of their role, or never live to see it. If they had no power, the control would follow suit, and someone else more in tune with both of them would rip the empire right from under them.

Wishing for power first, was a foolish sentiment of her's. She felt a heavy guilt from allowing trauma to shake her so. Her body had tucked inward during her session of silent thinking, her eyes showing that the gears in her head were churning. She felt him sit opposite of her on the couch, though she didn't look. She didn't speak, she simply retained the position of a fetal position as she stared ahead in silent thought. Her sense of anxiety was quelled, her letting out a gentle sigh, as if to eject any remaining unrest still inside of her, small feet touching the floor as she stood up off the couch, turning and facing the hollow. A sort of peace was in her gaze, though it was obvious some walls still existed within her. Even if, some progress had clearly been made.

"..I apologize, for my resistance." Her voice was far gentler than before, almost sounding a little more mature, "There... Is a lot of fear inside of me, and that fear had clouded any sort of sound judgement. I turned my back on what I already knew and behaved like a fear-stricken animal facing a predator. I'm better than that, I know I am, but I let myself behave in such a way anyway. That was foolish of me." Her head dipped in silence for a moment, to soon look back up at him and smile , "Though resistance may still exist... Please bear with me, and help me learn to control myself. I definitely shall work alongside you, for as long as I have life in me, possibly even past that point."
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:06 pm

Yaksha, The Überseele

"Why apologize, Lillium? To doubt and resist is natural. You awake in a strange land, surrounded by strange folk. Perhaps you have been here before. Perhaps this is the first time. It is hard to say. What is certain, however, is that all creatures in this world react poorly to being placed in a circumstance like yours. You have, in fact, rallied admirably. It is about time for us to examine the state of things."

Yaksha rose, his expression once more growing blank, curiously academic as he walked around her, staring down at the people around them. He hadn't thought too much about the existence of sin or its significance before now, to be honest; it was about as irrelevant to him as the score of the most recent sporting event he heard everyone raving over. His mind often worked in strange spirals and tangents, only barely touching on reality, but this time he could sense he had tapped into something major. There was something oddly familiar about the young girl on his couch, as if she had been travelling alongside him, watching things unfold in the same way. If, as she claimed, she was the embodiment of sin and virtue as all mankind exhibited it, perhaps it wasn't that strange a claim. He couldn't stop himself from picking up a paperweight, and fondling it idly as he spoke.

"There can be no argument sin exists. We see this, with each soul damned to the pits of hell. We know that there are consequences to man's actions. But are these consequences determined by mankind themselves? Is it because men acknowledge that murder is wrong that they suffer for their wrath? Or is there some third party who dictates what is acceptable behavior? If one were to find an entire culture of humans who practiced cannibalism, and did so in a respectful and mature manner, would each and every one of them be indelibly stained, in your sight? Or is it only those who acknowledge deep in their own hearts the error of their actions that your powers react to? These questions are ones we must face if we want to improve your control, Lillium."

He turned towards her for the first time in perhaps five minutes, meeting her gaze. He was silent, but there was a familiarity and delight in that silence, as he walked past her, into the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator, approaching her carrying a small plastic container which, upon inspection, held a single slice of apple pie. He chuckled, just a tiny bit, and then gestured towards it. He knew all the stories, of course; he'd heard them many a time growing up, as a boy. And even then, they sounded as hollow and absurd to a boy who could see the truth of the world.

Why was it only now, after so long, that -everyone- saw what he had, in his days when seeing such truths was simply to be in the wrong?

"As an entity of sin, Lillium. This may be worthy of your contemplation, going forward. Is there such a thing as original sin? Is there some shared wrongdoing that all of mankind shares? Is it truly the case that each of us suffers for things far outside of our control? Or is sin something personal, something each of us defines and accepts for ourselves? Think on it, and wait for my next communique. It'll most likely come in a few weeks, when you've met enough people, and been able to really contemplate what separates sinners from humans. Both in your eyes, and in the eyes of the world."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum