Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active]
Welcome to Bleach Platinum Hearts RP! This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2416, over 400 years away from the Original Bleach's timeline. It has elements of both canon and custom for a unique mixture of role playing never seen before on Bleach. To get started, please sign up and read our starter guide:

http://www.platinumhearts.net/t13634-bleach-platinum-hearts-starter-s-guide

And again, welcome to our Bleach RP.

Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active]

This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2417, over 400 years after the original Bleach Storyline. Join our Bleach RP today

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
'Yo, Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find an assortment of Site News. Happy Roleplaying! --- Veteran Member Of The Year: Owl (Cooking Spray) --- Newbie Member Of The Year: Rawk --- Staff Of The Year: Henrex --- Character Of The Year: Tsubaki Koezuka --- Fight Thread Of The Year: Peek-A-BOOM! [OPERATION NIGHTMARE] --- Social Thread Of The Year: Hum a Few Bars and I'll Fake It --- Story Arc Of The Year: Yaksha's Future for the Hollows ---
STAFF
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Rules

Quick-Links

Help Center

Organizations

Race Specs

Latest topics
Top posters
[THEFROST]

JJ

Hydræ

Chao

Pockeh

Tsubine

Forsaken Crow

Kade

Henrex

Sᵃ ᶥ ᶦ ˣ ♚

Share | 

Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cooking Spray
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
93900/99999  (93900/99999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 1PostSubject: Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]   Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:34 pm

The Mechanical Guardian

Angel

Song: N/a STUFF - Artist: N/A STUFF - Words: N/A

It wasn’t very often the girl found herself traveling into Soul Society. Despite her affiliation out of being a Shinigami Doll, Angel simply didn’t have a desire or even a sense of urgency to be there. In fact, it was almost as if it was a predisposed conditioned response that warned her, like an artificial sense, to just stay away. Despite what she was, the woman considered herself neither Shinigami nor Human, regardless of how much she yearned to be the latter. She was a Doll. She was a synthetic fabrication with an artificial body, an artificial mind, artificial memories, and artificial emotions. Although some of those assertions were indeed grounded in fact, as was the case with her physical body, the rest were too difficult a concept to understand. Because perhaps it would be easier to accept she was an object with aspirations for more, than an actual valuable living being that had been dealt a bad hand in the cruel game of existential nihilism.

This time, her travel into Rukongai had its own purpose, and importance. Bampaia Kyu Ketsuki. Although the name didn’t inspire much credibility, appearances were most often deceiving. It was unclear whether his parents had chosen his first name as a pun to the vampiric for playful word choice, or whether it actually reflected certain attributes he possessed. In any case, the data collected on him showed he was typically called Kyu, and that made things easier. More importantly, the man seemed to be gifted with the use of nanobots, and was fabled to have made great strides in his advent into nanotechnology. Strangely enough, the man seemed relatively distant from the Seireitei, as his detailed involvement and the sparsely used breakthroughs of his technology seemed to indicate.

”Good morning. May I please speak to Kyu?”

The voice had spoken just moments after the knock on the door. The most recent sightings and her own investigation had led her to where she believed he could be found. Within the Vanguard, Angel had made incredible progress in the field of robotics by making use of her nanotechnology and her skill with droids and general mechanics. The woman had proved to be an invaluable resource in regards to her own intellect. Despite the incredible processing power and data banks she hosted within her body, Angel had exceeded all expectations, almost as if she was destined or predisposed to that kind of life, somehow.

At the door, the girl stood still, waiting to see if someone would come to the door. Her outfit was a black dress, relatively formal yet without hindering her movements should the circumstances make such a feature useful. The dark color of her clothes matched perfectly well with the black of her gloves, her thigh high, boots, and even a blindfold that covered her eyes. The dark of her outfit was only offset by the creamy smooth color of her skin, and the silvery hue color of her short white hair. Unlike Shinigami, Angel did not seem to carry a zanpakuto with her. Crystal had accidentally destroyed her zanpakuto during the soul transfer process, though not everything was lost. As the her being was transferred, some of the most iconic aspects and telling nature of her zanpakuto had been translated into techniques the oblivious Angel adapted into her repertoire, believing them to be just ideas.

Coding By: [THEFROST]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
20650/20000  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Subject Post 2PostSubject: Re: Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]   Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Closed eyes began to open, the harsh light of day meeting them as the owner forced his lids closed once more. …Mmm… Hazy thoughts drifted back and forth, light stirring occurring. Two human hands gripped around the blankets, pulling them up and over the man's head. Beneath them, he slowly began to open his eyes once more, greeted with the color of the green sheet. Drawing it down, he allowed for the sunlight to pass over him once more, his eyes open as his body stretched beneath the blankets.

Old habits could die hard for a man who had once lived and breathed. He lay in his loose-fitting hikomori, shaking his head as he returned back to consciousness. Were the clothes necessary? Absolutely not. He could have worn whatever he liked, but this is what he defaulted to. Speaking of old habits…

"Give me a few minutes."

The clear noise passed from the speaker system at the front of the building, as a crevice in the nearby window opened. From the window's crack, a lazy line of smoke rose from the building, as the occupant took drag after drag of his worst habit. Finally, the smoke stopped pouring from the window, and it shut once more.

A few more moments passed, the door was slid to the side, a man appearing behind it. He wore dress pants and a clean white dress shirt, the butt of the cigarette still between his lips. His hair was a shining blonde, and a good bit longer than most men's, but not distastefully so. He seemed to have an athletic build, but the most striking thing about him was his eyes. Bright blue spheres stared directly at his visitor, his hands tucked into his pockets.

"…Hmm."

Kyu's mind was getting assailed with information. His Cyber Eye analyzed this woman, trying to get a reading of how strong she was. If she did not have something cloaking her energy, he would get a general idea of how much she was able to output, somewhere between blue, green, and red.

This woman's taste in clothing was also… surprising, to say the least. Long ago, he had been at least slightly obsessed with women like this. She was dressed so… fancily. It was striking to him. Although, considering he wore a suit and tie when he was active during the day, he supposed that he could not fault her for it.

"…Can I help you? Are you here on some kind of official business?" He asked her, getting an… unusual feeling. Truth be told, he wanted this woman to… Leave me alone, huh? How long has it been? You keep having to go to that awful place just so you can think straight. You could--… I could treat her like any other person. Kyu's mind drifted back and forth from a moment, moving at a million miles per second. On the surface, however, he appeared to be completely still, his eyes still looking at the blindfold she wore.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cooking Spray
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Subject Post 3PostSubject: Re: Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]   Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:46 pm

The Mechanical Guardian

Angel

When the doors opened, she was surprised at the figure before her. From his energy, and with the help of her unique blindfold, she was able to get an accurate mental image of his basic figure. The man was of average height, possibly an inch or so taller than her. He had shaggy hair that was just barely shorter than hers, and that was all she could tell. His skin tone, his hair or eye color were a complete mystery to her. Yet, despite the obvious tensed vibe around him, she felt a bit comfortable. It could have just as easily been her imagination, though it certainly begged a question.

”My name is Angel, I’m with the Vanguard, and I’d very much appreciate a moment of your time Mr. Ketsuki.”

She was well aware he was typically known as Kyu, but in certain scenarios it was best to be safe than sorry. People were more likely to be upset when disrespected than when respected too much. Regardless, though her dress that the unique ability to conceal spiritual energy with near perfection, it wasn’t completely flawless. The Shinigami certainly had talent, so had he truly tried he could have gotten a feel for her energy. Little did he know that if he had, the energy he felt would feel strangely familiar, nostalgic, deep, and hopefully beautiful, all at once. It would nonetheless not show the full extent of her power. If anything, had he somehow connected the dots, sooner or later, the energy would appear to be severely weaker. Then again, the blindfold acted as a way to limit a great deal of her power, something that could not be analyzed while it was being worn.

”I am affiliated with the Gotei, but I do not come on their behalf. It seems our expertise and interests reside in similar fields, and similar concentrations. I’d very much like to speak with you about that… and other things.”

Spoken with utmost honesty, the Doll truly hoped he agreed. Although she had made great strides in robotics and nanotechnology, his expertise and viewpoints would be invaluable. Her makers were no more; she didn't even know if they lived. Her intellect was almost without equal, matched only by the very best minds alive, of which there were only a couple. Some delved more into the crazy, some into the mystical, and Angel had more of an inclination to the fusion between mechanical work, and spiritual potential. Besides his help with her work however, she needed to ask if he knew her or her past. Among the several millions of petabytes of information she possessed, there was a very peculiar file with his name on it downloaded into her main program. She had never opened it, as it didn’t seem fair to dig into something likely private and personal of someone she had yet to know. At that very moment, a fluffy teddy bear would walk up behind her, holding against her lower right thigh and with a look of shock as he saw Kyu.

”Ah shiii-. Hey buddy. How’s it going….?” Making hand motions so that Angel couldn’t hear, it looked like he meant to say something like, I swear don’t say a dam thing, I’ll explain later.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Subject Post 4PostSubject: Re: Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]   Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Angel, huh? She probably would be, if she were-…I really need to get... out. Kyu took a long drag of his cigarette as she explained who she was, before letting the smoke trail out of the side of his mouth. He wondered if she could see it, if that blindfold was real or not. For a minute, he had wondered if she was some kind of beggar. But then he had realized that beggars did not dress as nicely as she did.

"Well, at least I don't have to introduce myself. As for the Vanguard… it's a bit out of their way to come this deep into Soul Society, isn't it?" He asked her tersely, obviously uncomfortable with her presence. He could not say exactly what it was that made him so… tense. However, her revelation that she was a member of the Vanguard caused him to analyze her spiritual pressure further. For another long moment, he drew a breath out of his cig, using the time for her response to focus further, his pupils dilating slightly as he gazed directly into her spiritual force…

Just barely, he caught the hint. Strange fluctuations of red, blues, and greens poured along the spectrum he could witness, sending a strange chill down his spine. …Been a long time since I've seen an energy signature like that… She's probably of a similar breed, huh…

"…Similar fields, hmm? What kinds of 'fields' are you referring to?" He inquired, leaning his frame against the… frame… of his house. Kyu was a many of multiple talents. He was trained and still practiced in the sword, and in more… exotic things that he had picked up when he was in living flesh. "And, if you want something from me, then you have to explain what I'll be getting out of it. I don't work for free." He explained to her, crossing his arms, noticing how… little she moved. It was almost… robotic.

At that moment, he heard a shuffling behind her. His eyes looked at the ground, and a small 'tss' noise could be heard as the cigarette dropped clear out of his mouth onto the ground. There he stood, his mouth gaping open, his eyes almost bugging out at the sight of the standing Teddy bear next to her. It took maybe three whole seconds after the bear had talked for Kyu to regain his composure, his hands lowering to either side of his body

"Ted-…" Kyu saw the motions the bear was doing, and in that moment his nanotechnology finally came into play. He had to accelerate his thought processes by several times what a human normally did. Teddy is here. That means that Crystal knows this woman. Why is Teddy talking like that? Is that what's really important? Can I get information out of him? I need to figure this out, and the sooner the better. What the hell? Fine… … I won't make a scene about him for now, but I'm also not going to let him split. Christ, Teddy, what happened to you? Cursing? CURSING?

The next moment, Kyu shrugged. "To be honest? Could be better. It's been a while, Teddy. Who's your friend?" He asked his… almost-son.

He had so many questions…

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cooking Spray
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Subject Post 5PostSubject: Re: Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]   Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:30 pm

The Mechanical Guardian

Angel

”I work with the Vanguard, and I’m loosely affiliated with the Gotei. My files on you seem to suggest you are not really affiliated with either. Your reasoning is not up to my concern, but my business is mine, and yours, if you see it fit.”

The encyclopedia in her mind had countless of databases on anyone particularly notable, especially if they belonged to one of her two primary organizations. Of course like in most databases there was tons of seemingly useless information that wouldn’t see its value until very precise circumstances were met. As he spoke, she could the see the faint outline of what she could only imagine was a form of gas, if the small cylindrical figure by his lips was considered to be a form of cigarette. Angel of course couldn’t see the color or detailed shape of it, though it mattered not.

”Nanotechnology. I’m on the forefront in the field of robotics, and the fusion and evolution of spiritual energy in mechanical housings to the best use of both. I have made some strides in compressing power units, and have several notes on nanotechnology from one of my makers, but I could really use my expertise.”

From what the data on him indicated, Kyu had once been renowned for his use of nanobots and the technology that made it possible. It seemed as though he had once been part of the Research and Development Division of the Gotei, even reaching the position of Lieutenant. It was likely he knew one of her makers, or both. Tsubasa was long gone. Some said he had simply disappeared, and some said he was just dead. Either way, it didn’t seem like he’d be back anytime soon, if ever. Her other maker was a complete mystery to her, but data seemed to indicate she was a very accomplished scientist. In the end, besides the computing hardware the Shinigami Doll had at her disposal, there was a lot of people to thank for who she was. Even the technology of a prodigal Quincy had been used to condense the workings and materials within her mechanical housing to allow for the modifications and additaments she possessed.

”Okay buddy, Kyu right. That’s kind of cute. Aye, you got another one of those?” He said pointing at his cigarette, “Or maybe one of these?” he added before jumping and smacking Angel’s ass.

”Ted, what are you doing?”

”Sorry I slipped,” he said with a smirk, winking at Kyu.

Shaking her head momentarily, the girl passed it off as fact; he probably did slip, she just couldn’t see it. What she did notice however was that Ted was walking right into his house. They hadn’t even been invited in just yet. But, pointing at her teddy bear, if Kyu agreed, she’d follow him inside. If he didn’t oppose she would have taken a few steps in and stood somewhere along the living room, even if there were chairs or a couch available. As for Ted, he seemed to be making himself at home, checking out the counters, the food storage area and everything else. She couldn’t tell exactly what he was doing but it didn’t seem proper. In fact, she was about to reprimand him until he spoke again.

”Yea that’s… that’s Angel, my boss. Check out the thighs...on this chicken. (There was no chicken on the counter). Hey buddy, where’s the rum, where’s the weed? The hell you been doing all this time, beating it off to oriental nuns in black haoris?”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Subject Post 6PostSubject: Re: Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]   Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:22 pm

"How loosely are we talking here?" The man replied, still sizing up this individual who had come knocking on his door. "…I come in and help whenever they ask for it. Make sure they pay me, but most of them aren't bad people." He did not mind sharing what he did for the Gotei; it seemed she had some amount of information on him already, and sharing it would put pressure on her to do the same. …My business, huh…

Truth be told, Kyu had not had much business in a long, long time. He had willingly kept himself out of most of his projects of passion - he just could not get himself to focus long enough. He did not have the muse, that 'spark' of inspiration. It used to be he could have a picture in his head and use that as the catalyst to reach his goal. But… he had been unable to find such a catalyst in a long time. Or rather, I won't let myself find a catalyst. At this point, a wave of smoke would get caught by a small change of the wind, causing it to go into her face. It was at that point that Kyu would most likely realize - he could not tell if she was able to see anything.

"…………Well, you do know who you're talking to, then." Kyu was not vain, but he also knew what he was good at. For a few moments, he took another drag from his cigarette, before letting the smoke pass out through his lips. "I'm not going to give you a lecture on the implications of your request, miss. But I'm definitely going to have to see some stronger references if you want me to cooperate with you."

Of course, maybe the strongest reference was the bear that was accompanying the beautiful scientist who had appeared on his doorstep. "Teddy, I'm not giving you a cig. These things are terrible for you." He told the bear, taking the one out of his lips, holding it at his side. Ha, ha, ha… The Drive part of Kyu's personality found Teddy's antics humorous. It had been a long time since he had just been able to unwind and enjoy himself. Teddy at least still did not seem to like an overly serious mood.

"Come on in. Teddy and I go… quite far back." He told her, letting Teddy inside of his home. It was at this point that the bear would see how he lived. The floor itself was spotless, but there were several bottles and a few two liters on the man's living room table. A table set up for board games was splattered with solitaire, and a half-finished game of chess. His couch was unkempt, a blanket thrown haphazardly to one side. He did not seem to be doing super great, on the whole.

"Help yourself to whatever - except for the lucifers." He told the bear, knowing that there were some leftover chicken wings in the fridge, tortilla chips under the counter next to the sink, and so on and so forth. While Teddy was mozying through his house, he was studying the woman. He stepped a bit closer than most would likely be comfortable with. "… I'm sorry if this is rude… but do you have eyes beneath that?" He asked her, lightly touching the side of the mask that she wore over her eyes. He found it quite interesting, and in that moment his nanobots would attempt to interface with the outside of her body, trying to find out what they could.

After that, he would look back at Teddy, shaking his head. "I've got some whiskey in the freezer. There's a stool down by the bathroom." He chuckled lightly, shaking his head at the bear. "I don't touch the green stuff - never got very far with it. And as for that last bit, Teddy… I don't think it'd be respectful of my houseguest to answer."

He clearly seemed a bit displeased, and wanted to talk with Teddy alone at some point. But that would require distracting this girl, somehow. He resolved to keep an eye out, and wait for an opportunity. Surely something would present itself…

- Buddha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cooking Spray
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Subject Post 7PostSubject: Re: Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]   Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:25 am

The Mechanical Guardian

Angel

“I just know enough to come to you first, before trying someone else.”

The Doll was aware that Kyu possessed the means and experience to help her get a bit further in her research, but he wasn’t essential. Out of the candidates he was among the best suited to help her, and something about him just felt right. However, if he turned out to be problematic or far too difficult to work with then she’d have no choice but to move past him, and to the next candidate. It was clear that Teddy and Kyu had some sort of history with each other, and it made sense. The teddy bear droid had belonged to a former Captain of the Research and Development Division. As it turned out, Kyu was enlisted within their ranks just around that time frame. It was in part the reason why she had brought the little droid with her, whom despite his typical attitude fully agreed to come along this time.

“I may be repeating what you already know, but my name is Angel. I’m charge of the research and development division of the Vanguard, its combine, as the Lead Researcher. My brain has been engineered to store more information than any set of databases known to man, and my programs and skills easily set me a cut above everyone else in processing power.”

The girl wasn’t boasting about her intellect and her capabilities, even if it clearly came off that way. Despite her better efforts the tact needed for Human interaction wasn’t as easily conveyed in programming language, or through a list of downloaded clues or commands. It required a different sort of approach, one that relied on Human instinct, and emotion. And while she was certainly getting better at it, there was still far too much work to do. That being said, none of what the girl had said had been a lie. Her computer brain was far more advanced than any machine made thus far. It was after all the combined creation of two beings whose intellect rivaled those of the greatest influences of the R&D. And though unknown to her, Angel also carried with her the soul of a woman whose intellect had been enough on its own to earn her a spot as a Captain in the R&D. It was safe to say, that at least in intellectual potential as far as technological advances and experiments went, the girl saw no equal.

“I’d very much like to hear about you and Teddy, especially if it means you accepting my request. He tends to be a bit…unpredictable.”

With time the Doll had learned that intellect came in a bunch of different ways. For as smart as she was, people who probably couldn’t even pass a basic test had shown to be wise beyond their years. As it turned out, intellect, wit, and a few other comparable traits were as much influenced by academic success as by life experience. As she sat, thighs closed to each other, hands tending and fixing to the edges of her skirt, Teddy continued to look around. He seemed distressed, even if perhaps relatively nervous.

“Come on man,” said Teddy, “this place is a dump. Seriously, you need to go out, and get laid.” As soon as he was done talking, one of the empty cups next to her was picked up and tossed, hitting the bear straight over the head.

“Teddy,” commented the Doll in a more serious tone of voice, “do not disrespect our friend.”

If anything at all, it showed that either Angel could see with her eyes, or there was some alternative means through which she made herself aware of her surroundings. Things would become a bit clearer for Kyu moments later. In response, Teddy would simply stay still, repeating what she said with a number of mocking facial expressions but without uttering a word. Granted he didn’t do this to be mean or insulting but rather as a part of his newly improved self. More importantly, his reaction would elicit no response from the girl, almost as if she hadn’t seen it; because she didn’t. The very fine details were exceedingly difficult to become aware of, especially when energy and noise became such a distant help in relation to it.

Then he came closer to where she sat, and asked about her eyes. While it was true that she hardly ever took the blindfold off for personal reasons, there wasn’t anything to hide; so she did. Although typically in battle taking the blindfold off would result in an obvious and noticeable jump in her power, such a thing shouldn’t be able to be picked up at the moment. Mainly because the black dress she wore was specifically designed to conceal her energy, making sure that its nature and any potential increases from it when largely unnoticed. For all intents and purposes she could be as strong as a Captain or as weak as a lesser Hollow. Though if he could indeed notice, he’d find out that her energy without her blindfold was nearly on par with his. More importantly, if he looked into her eyes he’d see nothing incredibly wrong with them. She had beautiful baby blue eyes with rather soft light blue after tones. A moment later however they would flicker a light that lasted a split second at most.

“I understand you’re being cautious,” said the woman getting up, “but do not disrespect me.”

It wasn’t the first time someone had tried to get a closer look at what she was, but it was the first time someone had the tools to succeed if left to their own devices. However, Angel was unique being among unique creations, and his nanobots had been noticed the second they were deployed. For starters, one of the two scientist involved in her creation was picked primarily because he had extensive knowledge in the field of nanotechnology, and his work was instrumental in her near successful construction. The other scientist whose name she did not know had been in charge of the mechanical work, the fitting, the sensors and programs. Other areas of the project had been levied to different individuals, including but not limited to a renowned Quincy, and even work performed by names such as Mayuri. In any case, while Kyu might not have been able to peer into details and things she decided to keep him out of, noticing she was largely a machine, if not one entirely was something he could have certainly noticed.

“Hey there fellas, chill,” said the bear as he got in between their legs, “Angel, have some of chips and salsa, and let me take this man out back. Dude’s in dire need of some counseling, and some puss-things… Okay let’s go.”

All else being perfect the situation should have essentially been diffused. Angel would sit still, trying to mix chips with salsa, chips with queso, and wondering what everything else on the table was. As for Teddy, he was likely going to give Kyu the conversation he so desperately wanted. Though he’d be disappointed if he expected completely clear and concise words out of him. Teddy knew better than most what the whole deal with Angel was. To be more specific, he guessed it given the things he was able to pick up from her, and the research he had managed to do. And while it was true that the members at the R&D had messed with his programming, as evident by his love of alcohol, weed, and hookers, he still held some respect and love for the woman he was with. And if Kyu couldn’t get his head straight, he’d take her somewhere else.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Subject Post 8PostSubject: Re: Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]   Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 pm

"…To be honest, there are like… three people I can think of who might be able to handle the kind of work you're looking for. One of them is my old boss, the git. And the other two…" Kyu grew silent for a moment, obviously remembering something unpleasant, looking at the room around him. "…Yes, it makes plenty of sense that you would come to me first. And honestly? I am… available for employment at this time." He replied, listening to what she then had to say.

"…Your brain was engineered? By who?" He asked, apparently more interested in that than anything else, before biting his own tongue. "…Sorry." He brought the cigarette back to his lips, taking in a deep breath, before letting out a very slow drag. "You don't have to tell me, especially if you're under contract not to. … I am a bit curious, though, how old were you before your brain was housed in the one they engineered?"

See, Teddy's saying the same thing I did. Kyu's expression remained unchanged, even as he processed the bear's comment. But Teddy's not saying the same thing. He's saying that we aren't handling ourselves well. That other impulse is just my own selfishness. A cup was then picked up, Kyu's attention returning to the scene in front of him… And in that moment, his hand would whip out, snagging the cup out of the air with an impressive amount of skill. The tie he wore around his neck slid back into place, his gaze calculating and defensive… before he blinked, looking down past his cigarette at the… plastic cup in his grip. "She's right, Teddy, your manners are horrible." He tried to play it off as though nothing had happened, as though he had not just defended the little teddy bear who he thought of more as a son than anything else. How much of that exchange Angel could witness or understand, he did not know, but it was obvious from his action that he was passionate about something.

"…He and I go quite far back. His construction was completed during my time at the Gotei. No other model has been made quite like him; he's my friend, and one I have not seen in a very long time. Not since I left the Gotei, but that was around the same time that he did. We got up to some trouble, back then… but not the kind he seems interested in doing now."

He did notice how she did not respond to Teddy's further mocking. It seems she is blind in some manner, but that her other senses are either far above a normal person's, or she's got some other way of… 'seeing'. He pondered this for a few seconds, before making his comment about her eyesight.

The vision of her blue eyes, as clear as they were, made him blink a bit in surprise. He could not see any trace of blindness, even with his enhanced vision, so then… A brief flicker of light then appeared. Something else is going on here… It was then that he tried further investigating her makeup, but then was stopped abruptly by her comment. "I don't mean to disrespect you, I was simply curious. To be honest, the only person who I have met with a similar make-up is myself. If you've the methods, you can analyze me as well." And if she did, she would understand Kyu's unique make-up… or maybe that was not necessary in the least. He did not know how much she already understood about him.

Kyu was finding it fairly easy to talk with this girl. From his analysis, she was mostly machine - he was intensely curious about who had done her work. "Excuse us for a moment, ah… Here." Kyu nearly picked up a magazine, before realizing that that would not help very much in this situation. Pausing for a moment, he sighed, before finally tossing her a small remote. "You can find something you like if you scroll through it a bit. Just hold the button and tell the machine what kind of music you'd like to listen to. Excuse us for a moment." He asked her, turning his back on her before following Teddy outside. The table also had a couple other bottles; some of some yellow malt-liquor lemonade beverage, at least one controller designed for more indepth-control over certain aspects of his apartment, and a single picture frame.

"Teddy, what… what in the hell is going on?" He asked the bear, standing on the balcony outside of his flat, letting a breath of smoke out into the open air. "You and Crystal just… gone. I lost both of you. I… I really thought I lost both of you." He seemed to be a bit overwhelmed, finally having the ability to catch up on his own speech. "… Where did you two go? Where's Crystal? Did she do the work on that girl? And, more than that - where'd she do it? I don't have… actual 'access' to much official sources these days, since I've mostly been doing freelance work for the Gotei, but… I can get information. I do recognize her; she popped up real recently at the Vanguard, but I can't find jack about what she was doing before that."

Kyu then stopped talking, taking another long drag of his cigarette, letting the smoke out. Hopefully the bear had some answers. …I don't think there's any problem with me getting things… better sorted out. I just… haven't had anyone else around who cared about it. But now… Maybe it's my fault Teddy is this way. Maybe I really have been the equivalent of a shitty father. He had become the way he was when he worked at the Cybermind, where he let his work consume him and did not give enough attention to his personal life. He could count the number of people he talked with in a week on one hand...

On the whole, he seemed quite sad, and distressed… and even Teddy could see that, from the downward line on the man's face. Such a rare sight for someone who usually kept his strong feelings at bay, hiding behind the smoke on his face and the tie around his neck…

- Buddha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cooking Spray
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Subject Post 9PostSubject: Re: Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]   Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:20 am

The Shinigami Doll

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

“That’s a complicated matter,” said the girl in respect to her making, “but certainly nothing I aim to hide. There’s not much there after all.”

She was clearly content about his sudden turn of behavior. It might’ve not been official just yet, but he definitely seemed more likely to entertain the situation than when she had first arrived. It would do her well to play nice as to not scared him off and away from the circumstances he was willingly walking into. She did however notice his attempt to catch the cup she tossed at Teddy, something that earned him a frown from her, likely of displease. Angel wasn’t mean, but Teddy needed to be taught manners sooner than later. A cup to the head that wouldn’t hurt even a child would have had no effect on the strong teddy bear but to let him know he ought to behave. If Kyu was a father, she could only imagine a very agitated mother would have to pick up the slack and show the discipline the father was too lenient on.

“It seems I was the result of some massive undertaking. About three people were involved. One was a Shinigami of renown under the name of Tsubasa. He supplied the schematics for the Shinigami Doll technology of which I’m now the owner. He also added his work and knowledge in nanotechnology to the fray. I believe a famous Quincy also volunteered her energy to make the transition possible, despite the influences it could have. She also added some technology that made it possibly to shrink some of the processes into my shell body. I believe her name is Sofia. The third scientist is a mystery to me. I know only that she specialized in robotics, with an emphasis on droid technology. She was in charge of much of the mechanical workings of my physical body, and in how to integrate the different aspects into its mainframe. I don’t know much more, as when I came to there was only Tsubasa, and I’ve had no memories from before that.”

“I’m sorry,” said the Doll somewhat shocked. “I don’t typically talk that much. Here, let me show you instead.”

All of a sudden the center of the room, right to the sides of the table full of clutter would lit up. From each side, a very familiar material of a spongy white but solid look began to build up. Very few had ever seen something like that, but Kyuu was certainly among them. It was that sort of virtual manipulator Crystal possessed as part of her Phantomtech Brain that allowed her to create those constructs into the physical plain for a variety of effects. Ange’s was exactly the same, save for being a bit more advanced and refined. But it was unlikely or downright impossible for someone to have the same unique Phantomtech as the former Captain once had. Regardless the figures would form what looked like a base, right around and over the table. From it, a very large holographic screen beamed up. The background was see-through but the edges and letters displayed in a soft hue of baby blue. If he looked carefully, he’d noticed some of the details revolving around the Shinigami Doll technology.

It was a well-kept secret most had forgotten, since due to the price to pay, not many cared enough for it to give the time of day. One would need to be extremely desperate, crazy, or both to even begin to entertain the notion. As it went over the basics it explained that was essentially the transfer of a soul into that of a machine or shelled body. It was typically done for Shinigami who were about to die or those who for different reasons had no other choice whatsoever. It allowed the soul to live on, even as the body died. However, there were several listed precautions as all tests had been done with individuals who possessed very little levels of spiritual energy. The potential success of doing so with stronger individuals, say, of seated officer level had yielded inconclusive results. That meant that individuals of Lieutenant or Captain level would be downright impossible. The level of power and the amount of expert minds required to attempt that would be unreal; and even if they did there was no guarantee it could work.

With that Angel smiled, allowing the virtual manipulator to disappear from sight. She thought she had just shown him what she knew, but little did she know the sort of impact of that likely had on Kyu. Nonetheless, she simply nodded in approval as the two, Teddy and Kyu went out to talk. The only thing they would be able to hear was Angel trying to get the TV on, and the crunching of chips, and her sounds of enjoyment at trying the queso and the salsa. As for the other two, once they were alone, the mood would change quite a bit. Kyu started asking a whole bunch of questions; perhaps way too many to answer all at once. But rather than going through the list, the teddy bear responded in a way that was shocking given his most recent behavior though natural, given the way he once was. The droid had simply shut the Shinigami down by coming closer to him and hugging him dearly for what seemed like a good ten seconds before speaking.

“It’s okay,” said Ted in his most serious of voices before smiling, “It’s not gay until our junks touch.” After saying so he burst into a small laughter, trying to ignore the moment that had just transpire. Still, he came and sat down next to Kyu, trying to explain the best he could what he certainly didn’t fully understand himself.

“I’m going to be honest, I don’t really get it myself, but you saw it. You saw what she can do, and you felt her energy. That’s Crystal, man. I don’t know how that’s possible but I’m almost sure it’s her. I got lost when she left and some of the dudes in the R&D messed with my programming. Angel found me some time after. It seems that somehow she became that very experiment, and lost her memories and any sense of what she was before. I could be wrong, and I hope I am… I don’t know man.”

It took him a good minute or so to gain his composure, but he finally did. It was obvious Teddy, or Ted as most called him, deeply cared for the girl, regardless of whether Angel was truly Crystal or not. In a way, Kyu would notice that in the end, Teddy’s new personality was for the better. He loved Crystal far too much. Had he been the same loving and innocent self he once was, seeing her like this would’ve completely broken him. At least with his carefree, lady and drug chasing self he could somehow pretend it didn’t bother him, and look after her just the same. Before they went any further however he made sure to say something to Kyu in a rather serious tone of voice.

“You can’t tell her. She just barely got past the hurdle that she’s not a useless machine but something with a life. Let her find out slowly, otherwise it could really break her and we could lose her forever; you, and me.”

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Subject Post 10PostSubject: Re: Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]   Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Kyu blinked at Angel's expression, a rushing heat of embarassment surging into his cheeks as he stood there with the cup. He had acted without thinking, purely by instinct. He did not know the woman's relationship with Teddy; maybe it was perfectly normal for her to throw cups at the small droid. Kyu, however, had not seen her as someone who should get to discipline the bear in that moment, hence his disruptive hand.

Ask and you shall receive. Kyu was not ready for how much he would receive from that question. From the moment she said she would grant his request, he began mentally recording their conversation. Tsubasa, huh? That unstable... ... he is unstable, yes, but he also is more accomplished than I am, and as a professional I have to respect that. Kyu did not know much about this Sofia character; it seemed that she knew a great deal, though. I wonder where she keeps her lab... with the Vandenreich...? I can't think of the last time something technologically useful came from them...

Then, finally, there was the droid expert. Kyu's eyes blinked at her for a long moment once she had finished, wondering if she could even see how little he reacted. In some ways, it made him want to relax more, like he was talking on the phone with someone. In other ways, though, he was not sure if he would make a fool of himself by relaxing further.

However, at her further demonstration, Kyu began coughing, his body contorting slightly. There was no longer any doubt. The droid maker was Crystal. But Crystal's phantomtech was... her own. Why would she have put it inside of a... what did she call it? A... Shinigami Doll? He had to sit down at that point, his feet pushing hard on the ground as he watched her demonstration. This is what you chose to... to make...? Who... who did you...? Kyu's eyes were more than fit to process the schematics he was being shown, a small whirring hum coming from his head from how fast the nanobots were processing the incoming information.

Kyu's movements were much more languid as he got off of the couch, looking over and following Teddy outside. His mind was distracted, the only part of himself that was pure human was having difficulty dealing with the revelation he had just been shown. His mouth rambled off question after question... until the Teddy bear hugged him.

Kyu's shoulders visibly slumped, the unconscious sign of stress that had gotten past even his shell dispersing a bit as a reached both hands around the droid, slowly hugging him back. "Good thing your's is so close to the ground then, huh?" Kyu joked, sitting down next to the bear. He slowly let out a deep breath that he had not been aware he was holding in.
"......... but....." The expression on Kyu's face gradually fell, his chin tilting up towards the sky as Teddy explained further. That was... that was the equivalent of her mother. Crystal had removed herself from Teddy's life. Even more than she had Kyu's own. Kyu's fingers fumbled slightly, trying to draw out another cigarette... but it fell from his fingers, landing on the ground... where he could only stare at it.

"..What... did those two... promise her...?" Finally, pure anger came to the man's expression. "What was she thinking?!" That yell was so loud that, enhanced hearing or not, Angel would probably hear it. Kyu took a deep breath in, before looking over at Teddy again.

Both of his fists had clenched, but as he looked over at the one he had helped bring into this world... the anger gradually subsided, replaced at last by a deep sadness. Gradually... his hands returned to his chin, and the scientist began to shine through, finally thinking about all the information he had been given. "Those schematics she has do not add up. There's no way that Crystal's soul would work with them. ...Unless maybe... no, no." Kyu's scientific mind was running through the possibilities, but if what Teddy said was true... Either she was tricked into it, or convinced to... somehow shrink... her own soul... or those schematics were wildly modified. ...Why, Crystal? Even I never went that far. Kyu did not share these thoughts with Teddy; at the moment, they were only speculations... and the conclusions he was coming to were all disturbing.
"No memory... and she just got over being more than just a machine..." Kyu's eyes closed at last, before extending his left hand to Teddy. As he opened it, a black liquid appeared in his palm. "You're planning on sticking around with her, right? Then... here. A clump of my nanobots. If someone tries screwing with her while she's trying to.. figure herself out again." Kyu tried to keep the note of... blame out of his voice, but it was possible some would get through anyway. "It will attach to the fur of your palm. If she ever gets overwhelmed, just tell them so. I'll get the alert, and they might be able to help you deal with whatever situation you're in." He explained, hoping that Teddy would shake on it with him, leaving a black tattoo in the shape of the twelfth division's insignia on his palm.
After that, Kyu would stand back up again, opening the door to the living room. "Have you had nachoes before?" He asked, not a trace of resentment in his voice. He also was curious if she had managed to figure out the tv...

- Buddha
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Remembrance and Nostalgia [Kyu]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next