Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Empty Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH?

Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:51 pm

«WHAT HAVE YOU GAINED FROM PH?»

Today is June 3rd, 2018. That means it's been 8 years since we moved to Platinum Hearts and made this forum. (Of course, it's been much longer for those of us who were here when we were Untold Stories. 11 years in November of this year) And there has been a lot of good times, bad times and absolutely hellish times that we've endured while staying part of this site.

Yet, in spite of everything that has occurred over these years, some twisted miracle of fate has allowed this site to remain standing. And to that, I do feel rather grateful. I will admit the last year or so has been rough for me, but recent changes to the site have made me rather hopeful with the direction things are going. So, it has me reflecting back to everything I've attained from being this site's founder/head admin for all of these years.

Which then brings me to my ultimate point: on this day of our birthday, what have you gained from being a part of Platinum Hearts? I'm curious to hear everything that all of our members and staff have befitted from personally from the site.

In my case? I doubt I'd be self-employed/running a small business, doing music production, running, writing, doing graphic design and a bunch of other shit I don't want to mention here without this site. Since holding down this site for ten years gave me the needed willpower to stay religiously committed to project with lots of #GUTS. And, from what I've learned here, I just advanced it to the point where I've gone far in my career and work for myself because of it. And I wouldn't have had the writing skills, management skills, willpower/focus, motivation, video editing skill, graphic design skills and etc if it weren't for those seeds being blossomed in this site. So, I'm still eternally grateful for that.

[Sidenote: there is also a mission going on that reflects on your character's progression as well. Check that shittu out here

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t19337-operation-reflect-platinum-hearts-birthday-mission-character-growth ]

Last edited by THEFROST on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? WVMWLOu
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Empty Re: Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH?

Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:20 pm
I've been on PH for a while, though not as long as the progenitors from the old sites of course, but a decently long while. I joined when I was at the end of Middle School, a cringy little kid with something to prove and the world to grasp, as far as I was concerned. And along the way, going through the ups and downs of life, the shit storm that has hit me non-stop (to which I'll never see as an excuse for the things I've done in negative), PH has had its part in forming and shaping me to who I became today, for better or worse.

More than anything, the skills I've grasped are largely a result of PH. My management skills and self-discovery, tendency to introvert and introspect, logician approach to problems and renaissance man/autodidact aspirations; all these things were influenced by my time here in PH.

I've bounced here back and forth, often times never staying active for more than two months, so as far as participating in PH, I've really only been "here" for some two years or so. But that's been more than enough to push me forward as a person and as a writer, graphic designer, web designer, and roleplayer.

Without PH, I never would've delved so deeply into physical sciences. PH also reinvigorated my interest in the sciences; when I was in middle school, my desire to become a chemical engineer died out. And now, with the inclusion of science in some of my character's abilities, my field of study and occupation is physics and relative sciences.

Without PH, I never would've delved so deeply into programming. When I was in high-school, I was taking web design classes at local community colleges, doing self-study on python and C#, and being hired as a web designer and social media admin for a few non-profit organisations.

Without PH, I never would've delved so deeply into graphic work. I took a graphic design class at my school, went around different sites taking in different styles and methods of graphic work, even got back into drawing on my own, and being commissioned for a number of pieces and graphic editing for some artists at large conventions.

Without PH, I never would've taken such an interest in HR work, developing my leadership skills at my workplace and a better understanding of myself and others, to the point that my secondary field of study is psychology, as is a portion of my job.

In a lot of ways, PH has contributed or sparked a flame of inside that has pushed me forwarded and motivated me to be better than myself. A lot of self-discovery and search for purpose was drawn from here, from the advice of the members and examples set by a lot of you. In a way, some of you guys also showed me what not to do in life, and I think I've avoided some circumstances less than appreciable as a result, so thanks for that as well.

Unfortunately, I'm still young, immature, and developing on all levels, emotionally, mentally, and physically. So, there's still a lot to learn, and there's still a lot to intake. Fortunately, I also know that means I haven't reached my peak, and from hereon out and many years, I hope PH can help fruitfully cultivate me to reach that potential, and in turn I hope to supply as much of that back into PH.

Thanks for all the years of learning.

Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Moka
Moka
Chocolate Bunny Lady

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Left_bar_bleue18015/999999Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Empty_bar_bleue  (18015/999999)
Tiers:

Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Empty What I have gained: Writing improvements

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:55 am
Due to me rarely being active after initially joining in 2014, this is likely going to be short.

I joined this site to try to challenge myself and improve my writing. I was getting tired of being on really casual role play sites. I didn't like being one of the very few players that posted "a wall of text" from the other players point of view. So it was very nice to be on a site where "wall of text" isn't just a minority.

Additionally, the content wasn't just trying to make it long as possible, but had more substance in it compared to others sites I've been on.(?) I felt that the amount of substance made it easier to role play with others. And I do admit there are people who put more substance in their posts than others, but just the fact of how often I would come across players that had something in their posts was something I liked.(?) I didn't feel like I was trying to pull together a story together by myself. Despite me not really role playing these past 4 years since I joined, I appreciated the times when I did.

Looking back at my posts, even if it is super slight I've noticed that my writing has matured. In my opinion, I'm still not at the point where I'm 100% "showing instead of telling". Speaking of "showing instead of telling", I feel like that helped when I was doing productions in my college. It is a direction I hear quite often in theatre but thankfully I never had directors or playwriters tell me I need to show more instead of telling. So while I was able to implement that statement into my acting I still haven't fully done it writing wise. (?)

Also, still not sure about paragraphs. I just line break chunks when I feel like it. One last thing, I learned how to use the Preview button finally. lol after years of being on role play forums and pressing submit then editing it several times.

Thank you everyone.

Last edited by Moka on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:02 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : lol nevermind I just made it short. Plus I think I kinda overshared. I have a copy of the original version in my document.)
zetsurin
zetsurin
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Left_bar_bleue13000/99999Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Empty_bar_bleue  (13000/99999)
Tiers:

Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Empty Re: Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH?

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:13 pm
"what have I gained from being a part of Platinum Hearts?" i won't list off any of stories of the past. That will just make this long and honestly id rather remoniss with people on days past in chat...

So ill try to keep it short. I gained a family. In good times. In bad times. Here I like to think our bond is not one of just likeing rp Or joking around. We talk as our self. We worry for others if things in there life get rocky. We feel joy when others have things going well for them. We fight some times and argue. But at the end of the day we still care... And maybe its just me but Even love ech other... And tho its odd comeing from me i dont mean it a lewd way. You ask what have I gained...

There is only one way to put it. You guys and girls have gave me a platinum heart. The memory the bonds. Even of those who are no longer with us. Good and bad. There precious treasures.

I really hope when I'm old and gray... And out of my mind i can be that crazy old lady saying stuff that makes no sense to the nurses. That they think I'm batshit bonkers with AD. remembering moments of my life. Really hope some we spenttogather end up in that mix. Really mess with the orderlys. Like just screening " no gin dont burn all the lolis me and cookies need those." Out of no where.

Kinda failed at making at short... Sorry
Stella88
Stella88
Starter Member
https://color-switch2.com

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:25 am
I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day!
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:47 am
[adm]archiving this[/adm]

Platinum Heart's Birthday Week Activity #2: What Have You Gained From PH? WVMWLOu
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum