Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Empty A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk]

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:52 am
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] 6EdIfMt

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 270~

Fuma Park. Not a place that this particular Warden was seen in all that often. It wasn't for no particular reason that Chifuyu was here either. She wasn't one to take the leisurely stroll through the park for relaxation or comfort. There was a very peculiar reason that she found herself here.

"Heya, mind talking to me in the park? It's a nice place for a meeting."

A random message that she couldn't trace even with the assistance of the Yuudeshi Network. What did this entail? Curiousity of course. If not for the sheer cryptic nature of the invitation but simply to figure out how an unknown person can encrypt something to the point where one of the most powerful networks on Earth couldn't break the code. The concern for her health was minimal. They were in the very heart of Karakura, any funny business and she felt she had a pretty good chance of holding her own against whoever was being clever.

Taking a quick look around she saw nothing out of the ordinary. She didn't even realise exactly where this stranger was. It was oddly apparent that they would come to her on their terms if they wanted to. There was the lingering idea in her mind that this all could be a practical joke, if someone had unlikely went to all the effort of simply creating an unbreakable cipher to make a meeting and never show up well that would be sorely disappointing and frustrating. Looking around was pointless and so the young woman opened the small book she had brought along to keep herself occupied as he took his time to show up.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Gamma_Signature
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] CHARACTER_LISTA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] GRAPHICS_THREADA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Empty Re: A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk]

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:00 am

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] 4nWo3qE

Valentine

Artist: Angelo Badalamenti - Song: Twin Peaks Theme - Word Count: 329

My my my, what a lovely town this was... Valentine had only been in Karakura for a short while, but it was really a cute city. This park was so full of energy, all these birds and little scurrying creatures... If he didn't have a meeting to get to, he could have just sat around with them all day. But he did have a meeting to get to, now didn't he? WIth that Chi, Chifoo... Chiffon? No that wasn't right. Chifuyu, that was it. These Earth names were still weird to get accustomed to, all this mouth movement to get them said just right.

Ah, but all the while Valentine was carefully looking for the lady he was to be running into here. He'd seen enough pictures to know who he was looking for, not that it'd been too difficult to find them. She was a big deal, after all, that was why Valentine had even sought her out in the first place. Honestly, there were plenty of other people in the Vanguard that he could have looked for, but from what he'd read about everyone, this girl was definitely his best option. Call it a hunch.

After a short distraction petting a few birds, the visitor from another world spotted his quarry, and gave a quite large wave of his hand as he approached. Reading a book, a woman after his own heart. He'd have to ask her about it later, once business was handled, but for now there were more pressing concerns.

"Hello, hello~ Thanks for meeting me out here. It's a nice day out, don't you think? Perfect for a walk around nature."

Holding out his hand to shake, Valentine gave a quite genuine, almost child-like smile to Chifuyu. It was important to make a good first impression, after all, and he didn't want to seem unfriendly.

"Oh, right right. My name's Valentine, by the way. Valentine Ransom Carter. You can just call me Valentine, though."

Coding in Template By:
https://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:12 am

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 230~

Waiting, waiting.... waiting. Royal blue eyes took the time to continue reading, getting to the end of her page before she turned her gaze to the man approaching her. White hair was a colour she knew all too well in her kin, granted he was still had his own little quirk to him when he came towards her. There was a jovial air about him. It was a surprise to say the least. The master code-maker was walking towards her right now. She had expected something a little different. Something less.... flamboyant.

"Oh Hello. A walk? Around here? Alright then my day is free."

She didn't fear or question it, was he a strange man? Yes he was. Then again she'd have been surprised if the man that somehow bypassed the Yuudeshi Network then he was definitely not going to be normal. Taking his hand out of courtesy she met his gaze with her own confident and welcoming one albeit a little bit of scepticism to tell him whether.

"It's nice to meet you Valentine. I'm pretty sure you know my name but I'll just give it to you anyway, Chifuyu Yuudeshi. So you wanted to meet, you didn't just do it to get a woman to come and meet you did you? I don't know whether I should be impressed and honoured or concerned if that's the case"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
[/quote]

A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] CHARACTER_LISTA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] GRAPHICS_THREADA Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Close Encounter [PRIVATE | Rawk] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Valentine

Artist: Angelo Badalamenti - Song: Twin Peaks Theme - Word Count: 430

If Chifuyu expected Valentine to release her hand after they had shaken, she would be quite incorrect, as he simply kept her hand in his and headed off into the park with a smile. He made a faint clicking sound with his tongue, and no sooner had he done it than a pigeon came flying over, perching itself gently on his shoulder. With his free hand, Valentine gave the bird a pet or two, before turning his attentions back to his sentient company.

“I hope you don't mind me jumping right to the serious questions, Chifuyu, but what do you think of the state of the world right now? The way I see it things are a little...ah, what's the word... Chaotic doesn't quite do it justice, something a little more dangerous. You get the idea. You're part of the Vanguard, so I thought you might have a good idea of how to fix things, or at least a desire to.”

Valentine made no attempt to hide the fact that he was studying Chifuyu as he spoke, but why would he? They had never met, and he had to assume she was probably doing the same thing. It was all very fascinating to him. He was pretty sure she was what you might call conventionally attractive, though Earth standards of beauty were a bewildering maze he hadn't had the time or inclination to look into much more than the absolute basics. Much more fascinating was what little he'd dug up about her actual being, and he had to admit that if such a thing existed, he'd be interested to read a full file on the Warden.

“Oh, but I think I'm jumping ahead here, aren't I? I'd like to help your organization. I think you do good work and I'd like to see that work made even more successful. I'm sure you already have a wide range of supporters, of course, and I know people must want to come join you all the time, but I think you'll find I can offer a bit more than the usual applicant. I've got something of an...extended family that I'm sure can be of great use. You of all people understand that, right?”

As he finished up, Valentine stopped them both at the bank of one of the small rivers that ran through the park. If she accepted, then it would be good to have a source of water to convey everything in the best manner possible. This Earthling talk wasn't very efficient, even less so for something like all this.

Coding in Template By:
[/quote]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:59 pm

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 320~

A charmer? She couldn't tell if he was doing his actions purposely or if he was genuine with his strange interactions. Naturally she had expected him to be something of a deviant to society, he didn't quite fit in although to her that's not necessarily a bad thing in her eyes. So she'd not make a fuss at all about the holding of hands that really didn't bother her. Whatever made this meeting go smoother was all that mattered to her.

"I understand what you mean. The world's in a state of discord right now, I wouldn't go as far as to say I hold the plan to make the world better though albeit the desire is there Valentine."

Their analysis of each other was mutual. For Valentine to have the means to do what he did must mean something substantial about him. An enigma under this veil. She was as much an puzzle as she was to him. She couldn't determine exactly what he was yet she could feel him and recognise his presence there. She had never met anyone that she couldn't at least get some slight indication from their energy but he seemed almost like a force that was the equivalent to anti-energy as she tried to slip something out of his being.

"Help? That's a nice offer you have there. I'd be curious to see what exactly you had to offer the Vanguard then"

The comment of the "extended family" alluded to something more. She wanted to know what he was. She could try getting the information out of him one way or another but directly asking him could not be taken the best way and the same could be said if she tried some passive interrogation on him. Then she might never figure out the puzzle that was the man before her.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
[/quote]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:15 pm

Valentine

Artist: Angelo Badalamenti - Song: Twin Peaks Theme - Word Count: 430

“Discord! Oh, that's a good word for it, a great one even. Yes, everything's so discordant lately, and it has been for a good while now, wouldn't you say? It was one thing when humans fought each other, those are just the growing pains of civilization. But outsiders bringing that strife to them... Well, that's just no good, is it?”

Valentine went quiet for a moment then, before releasing Chifuyu's hand to take a few steps closer to the river. It was so fascinating seeing so much water just...running through the ground. It honestly confounded the Martian that such a thing could even exist, but here it was, and who knew how many more there were on Earth? Smiling just a bit more, Valentine then turned back to his guest and, as he manifested a bar of invisible psychic force just behind him, took a seat seemingly on nothing at all.

“We might be here a while, so maybe you might want to take a seat? No sense in standing around, after all. This is a nice little spot, besides.”

Of course, this was about more than just taking a seat. Valentine hardly needed to take a break after a scant few minutes of walking around, but what he did need to do was see how Chifuyu responded to both his offer, and what he had done. Naturally she wouldn't be able to detect what he'd done, and that in itself would raise some questions. But would she trust him and actually accept his offer? It fascinated him, all these uncertainties in dealing with people. There were certainly upsides to communication without water...

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:08 am

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 400~

"It's always the case presented in history no? Why wouldn't it be expected that the supernatural would eventually turn a gaze to the living realm. That's a strange analogy to make however. That's a key trait in quite a lot of history, even before spiritual intervention came to be. Native Americans for example. Realistically weren't the Europeans just like spiritual beings?"

Raising her free hand to point a finger at the sky with her point made she too k a moment to look around. She was still questionable about her company. He was very strange, an enigma that she sought to crack but at the same time he wasn't someone she was just going to trust straight off the bat. That would be quite naive of her for now there was no harm in playing along and seeing where this conversation went. He at least wasn't a bore while leaving her mind actively wondering about what he was doing and more importantly how he was doing these phenomenon.

A few more minutes of walking and her hand was free, he was watching a river, Chifuyu found his curiosity something of likeness between them but at the same time it was just a river yet he had a much stronger interest in it like he was new to it. While it was odd she couldn't put this down to abnormal, there was always the chance he had a different childhood to most.

There it was again. The void she sensed. It wasn't nothing. It had mass and form but no energy signature. Despite the uncertainty towards what this was she was one to enjoy a pursuit of knowledge. Reckless as she might be at times with it and so the Yuudeshi took a seat right next to Valentine. She did want to see what he had to say before she spoke for herself and so the stage was set while she smiled and looked at him, still trying to figure out just exactly why his "energy" had these properties.

"It is quite secluded, you bring all the girls you meet here? My apologies, it was too good an opportunity Valentine. So what have you got to keep me here for a while?"

A small joke to lighten the mood would be all she had to add before the stage truly was open for him to take.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
[/quote]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:40 am

Valentine

Artist: Angelo Badalamenti - Song: Twin Peaks Theme - Word Count: 633

“Hm, I can see how you might make that case. But, I'm not sure it's quite the same. Where do we draw the boundaries between what's truly an outsider and what belongs here? Thousands of years ago the borders might have been based on a single bonfire, a handful of tents or a cave. Now they're national lines, dividing lands controlled by people who aren't even from this world... I think it's just a matter of perspective. Assimilation, subjugation, conquest, all these things can be forgotten about when it's a part of 'your own kind.' But it's so very different with the people seen as outsiders, isn't it?

“It's been a long time since humans realized they would have to share the world, but it seems like there's still a good amount of unrest about that. I think maybe those dimensional boundaries are where mankind has drawn their line, where they begin their in-group, and I'm not sure any amount of time here could really take that from them.”

Despite the rather long-winded nature of Valentine's response to Chifuyu's first question, he seemed just as affable as before, and looked as though the whole thing had been an answer he hadn't needed much time to consider. Indeed, he hadn't. He was part of the Collective, after all. The idea of so many subtle divisions among one kind was patently absurd in his eyes.

“You asked what I have to keep you here, and I guess strictly, nothing. I'm not forcing you to stay, after all. But you seem like the sort who likes knowledge, Chifuyu, and I have the feeling you'll be interested in this.”

Turning to face the river, a small, vaguely cylindrical bit of the water rose out, carried seemingly by nothing at all directly to Valentine's hand, where it sat surrounded by nothing at all, yet behaving as if it were in an everyday glass. It took a bit longer for the foreigner to actually drink of this water, for it still truly astounded him that the most precious thing in the world was so abundant in this place. When he did drink, however, he allowed himself a brief moment of genuine relaxation, before interning the memories of his journey into the water.

It was no small amount of information, certainly. Visions of his departure from Mars, carefully removing any view of his people or of the Elders to ensure their privacy, the every sensation and moment of his arrival upon the blue planet, a stranger in a strange land, as it were. Valentine found such a term amusing, but continued his work upon the water. Memories of decades upon Earth spent purely in research of its customs, its people, all of its languages and subtleties for the purposes of becoming like one of its natives. And, of course, the faintest glimpse at the nature of the Collective. Not nearly enough for her to truly understand it, or to know any of the other minds within it. But the sense of its scale, of the myriad beings connected to Valentine, this was placed within.

All of this took scarcely more time than any other sip of water, however. Valentine was, after all, no youngling. Such psychic phenomena were par for the course for any mature child of Mars, let alone one so old and so high in the Collective hierarchy as he. When he was finished, he held the water out to Chifuyu, still within its invisible container formed solely of Valentine's will. Though it hardly looked any different from before, this water now held everything Valentine had hoped to convey, ready to be directly shown to Chifuyu the moment she drank of it in turn.

“If you wouldn't mind? It'll make this a little easier.”

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:34 pm

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 400~

"Fair point."

She acknowledged his own opinion on the matter. It wasn't wrong after all. It truly all just boiled down to perspectives and aspects when looking at something through a prism. There were always different views which might be differing but not exactly wrong.

He did know how to grasp her attention though. Knowledge was something that she had an appreciation for like a collector for rare pieces, she took a moment to move her hair behind her ear and look at him intently while he drew out some water. It looked entirely natural. With the exception of the man's strange ability exerted on the water. When it finally was offered to her she took a moment to look at it curiously before taking a sip to see exactly what he was on about.

What she saw was nothing less of the extraordinary. Something that surpassed the very nature of what she knew. She figured there was likely some pieces withheld for whatever reason which was understandable. She had a lot to mull over with the literal decades of information that was infused within it. She was a quick thinker but something of said scale wasn't something she often came across.

"So you're a martian? While it does explain a good deal about the nature of you how do I know it's valid? What can you offer me as more substantial proof aside from memories which while difficult are not impossible to fabricate Valentine. So I suppose you could call me a sceptical for the moment on how much is truth. We are still just acquaintances for the moment after all"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:46 am

Valentine

Artist: Angelo Badalamenti - Song: Twin Peaks Theme - Word Count: 381

“Martian! Oh, there's just something so fun about that term. It's so short, to the point, I love it. Yes, Earthling, I'm a Martian. Though I don't think for something quite as exciting as an invasion, though I've heard rumors that people are expecting that sort of thing? I don't know why. I'm getting off track though, when you're used to exchanges with water and the Collective using words just feels so...fun.”

He grinned as he called her an Earthling, clearly finding the distinction more amusing than anything else. It was pretty clear from the speed at which he seemed to move through his sentences that, even if he hadn't said it himself, Valentine quite liked to talk. Still, this was an important issue, and if Chifuyu wanted to keep talking after this was all over, well, there were still plenty of interesting Earth foods and such that he hadn't tried. People talked over food here, after all.

“I guess you're right though. But, I do think I can prove I'm at least not from around here, even if Mars is off the table for you. You know the spiritual cycle you guys have here, it's really interesting. But, that's the thing about it. You guys only have it here. I'd never even heard of something like that.”

Valentine stood then, taking a few paces before turning back to Chifuyu and leaning forward just a touch, like a child who was all too eager for the next step in his favorite game. It wasn't that Valentine didn't take this seriously, but taking things seriously didn't mean he had to treat it all like a business meeting. Besides, who knew how long he would be on Earth, or if he'd ever come back? He wanted to take advantage of every moment.

“All this...spiritual, supernatural, whatever you guys call it, all that energy is like second nature to you. But we don't have any of that on Mars. Just not in our nature, I guess. So go ahead and hit me with your best shot. I should be just fine. But, uh, don't punch me or anything if you can help it. We still have that on Mars, and I'd hate to go back with a broken nose one day.”

Coding in Template By:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum