Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Empty Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia]

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Song: Beautiful World - By: Code Lyoko OST (The Subdigitals) - Word Count: N/A

The Tundra was a bit of an eyesore for Henrex.

Ever since Mirja's death, he hadn't really been one to frequent the small shop. But, now that Abalia owned it, he had a bit more reason to enter it, even more so after the...events, that transpired in Europe with Mana. While Henrex was very unsure if what Abalia had done was a good idea, he knew -- or at least hoped -- that Abalia had a semblance of knowledge of what she was doing.

But, regardless, the events had also sparked a sense of curiosity in the Hybrid, something that drove him to learn more about a fellow member of the Gotei, as well as a member of Vastime. Thus, at roughly around seven-o-clock in the morning, Henrex stepped out of the commonly used Senkaimon, traversing from the Gotei and Soul Society into Vastime and the Living World. Silently making his way to the equally quiet coffee shop, Henrex stepped inside.

He tapped on the doorway softly as he did, quietly sitting down at one of the tables as he set his hands in front of him, clasped together as his voice softly rung out through the Tundra.

"Good morning, Abalia."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Empty Re: Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia]

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Song: The Steel Samurai - By: Turnabout Jazz Soul

Normally at this hour, someone with Abalia's schedule might have been sleeping, or at the very least still waking herself up. However, she had far too many things to be doing with her time for any sort of rest like that. For hours she had already been awake and hard at work, serving breakfast to those coming through before work and preparing more for those yet to come. She expected guests at this hour, certainly, but to say that she expected this particular guest... Well, that would be a lie, but of course she showed no such surprise.

Strictly speaking, it was possible Henrex might have needed her for something more serious than simply visiting for breakfast, but Abalia didn't consider that especially likely. He had entered far too casually for something like that, and while their meeting with Mana had shown her that the good corporal was quite adept at staying collected, there wouldn't be much reason for him to do so in this case.

Ah...perhaps that was why he was here in the first place. That, too, was not inherently guaranteed, but Henrex had certainly not visited her here before, and it struck her as unlikely that his visiting now was entirely unrelated to that trip of theirs. Of course, maybe she was simply getting ahead of herself in all this, and indeed such thoughts were why she kept her own reply as casual, leaving the seriousness of this discussion entirely in his court. There was no reason to cut right to business if this was not about business at all, now was there?

“Corporal Astillon, a pleasure to see you here. Would you care for a table? Or are you a bit more on the move than that?”

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Empty Re: Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia]

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:51 am

Song: Beautiful World - By: Code Lyoko OST (The Subdigitals) - Word Count: N/A

The trip to Europe had been a rather...interesting one. He trusted that Abalia knew what she was doing, but it didn't excuse the fact that it still made him paranoid with how...willing she could be, when it came to some of the requests and offers that she gave to Mana. However -- as a result of that -- it had brought the Stealth Force Captain to this place, for multiple reasons.

More than anything, though? It was simply meant to be a casual meeting in the early morning, between two comrades who were each other's subordinate, as well as superior. Thus, Henrex was relieved and glad that Abalia was sharing in the casual mood -- her own words being rather soft-spoken and light-hearted, while also remaining a firm tone. Thus, a soft smile played at his lips as he spoke once more.

"To you as well, Abalia. And, please...don't refer to me so formally. My name sounds really strange with the prefix title anyways. Just call me Henrex."

Henrex took a brief glance to one of the nearby tables, nodding once as he stepped over, pulling the chair out and sitting down, his hands reaching up and untying the sash wrapped around it, setting it in his lap as he quickly removed the cloak around his shoulders soon after, setting it on the back of his chair. Finally, moving his hands back to his lap, Henrex once again spoke.

"Just a cup of green tea, please."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Morning Mocha [Private/Ask to Join Only] [Henrex/Abalia] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:42 am

>

“Do you think so? I, personally, would be inclined to say that a good deal many names, yours included, have a better ring to them when spoken with their proper title. Dame Sesshouin, Captain Astillon. There is a certain orderliness to it that I find indescribably appealing, like well-ordered shelves at a library.”

As she spoke, Abalia poured Henrex the cup of tea he had requested, at the same time considering the whole meeting. She of course had a few other things to be doing, but it was a slow morning, and if anything, this was one of the few times in her day she could be considered relatively free for socializing. Making herself a cup of black tea, sans any sugar or milk, she took a seat opposite Henrex and gave him her usual motherly, earnest smile.

“Well, regardless. I suspect you did not come here simply for breakfast, so what is it you wish to discuss?”

Directly to the point, that was Abalia. At least, when she needed to be. Henrex was one of the only witnesses to a more manipulative side to her, but in Abalia's mind such manipulation was, in its own way, straightforward. She had told only the truth, simply given it in a manner she assumed would be most appealing to the listener. Was there any harm in that? She doubted it.

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:39 am

Song: Intuition (Vindata Remix) - By: Cambio Sun - Word Count: N/A

Despite Abalia's reasoning for her insistence on referring to him formally, Henrex could not share in that reasoning. For him, he simply didn't like it when people openly showcased the importance that he did not feel he needed. He didn't want to be treated differently because of his rank or power -- he simply wanted to be seen as himself. And, for that, Henrex's next words would relinquish these thoughts to Abalia.

"I suppose...it's the implication of it all. I don't want people to treat me differently because of my rank or power -- I just want people to see me as...me."

As the two sat down across from one another, Henrex returned her smile as his hands moved from his lap to his cup, taking a sip as he glanced down toward the table for a moment before his head rose to return his gaze to Abalia.

"After the excursion to Europe, I wanted to get to know you better -- as both superior and subordinate."

A brief pause, one long enough that would allow Abalia to process what he had just said, as well as to have the time to give a response before he spoke once more with nothing more than a single, simple request.

"Tell me about yourself."

Last edited by Henrex on Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:37 am

"I do hope this is not a disappointment, but truth be told my past is not something I could share with you. Not out of any distrust toward you, of course. Rather, I simply do not remember much. I have no memory of my life before arriving in the Soul Society. As for my life inside of it... It is fairly straightforward, I must admit."

Abalia took a sip of her tea as she relaxed ever so slightly in her chair, rather enjoying this relaxed atmosphere in the early morning.

"I worked as a baker for several years, but I simply felt something pushing me to do more. My dream to protect those who need it would not be sated simply through bread, and so I applied to become a shinigami proper."

Laughing at that, Abalia looked over to Henrex. She certainly had a smile on her face, one certainly more genuine than that she had worn speaking to Mana, and yet showing a certain sadness as well, almost a touch of vulnerability that seemed nearly alien. She was, after all, something of a brick wall, always keeping a stony, impartial demeanor, and yet...there was certainly regret in that smile of hers.

"It was difficult for me. Truth be told, I only barely graduated at all. Even now, I suspect that there are countless students still in training who far surpass me in strength. But, still, I pressed on as I always have. I believed, and still do believe, that there is more to life than being strong. To be strong is something of a burden, wouldn't you say? People expect more of you. There is a weight put onto your shoulders, that you have the responsibility to protect others or else you might lead to their deaths."

She toyed with the handle of her teacup, then, and sighed almost wistfully before she continued, her tone still even as ever.

"I wish to protect people. I wish to give them a place without illness or injury, without war or strife. I do not protect people equally, nor do I make any pretenses that I do. I protect the weak, the everyday citizens who cannot protect themselves. I mean this with no disrespect, but people like you, Henrex, do not need my assistance, and so I do not give it."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Song: Dire Dire Docks - By: Super Mario 64 - Word Count: N/A

Merely waving his hand at the notion of Abalia's story being a disappointment, Henrex only spoke for a moment before he allows Abalia to continue.

"I don't mind how short or how long it is, as long as I'm welcomed enough to hear it."

Thus, as Henrex listened to Abalia's story, there was one thing that he could point out, much more than the rest.

The dream to protect -- the wish and desire that Henrex shared with the Shinigami. His desire to protect the people who could not protect themselves, as well as protect the people that he loved -- so that he would never have to experience the same pain that he had gone through, so long ago. The woman continued her story, and as Abalia laughed, Henrex's smile only grew wider, his fingers releasing his cup for a moment as he closed his eyes.

"Even if it would not have been much -- doing something as simple as baking bread was a small help."

Soon after this moment, the male's face turned grim. The cost of power and progression in this world was indeed the burden and weight that many held on their shoulders, especially if they hailed from organizations. Thus, his head lowered, facing the table as he sighed, the notion just as soft as his voice.

"It is the cost of power in this world...in exchange for the ability to, for the most part, do anything -- there are expectations that people have for you. Expectations that I constantly have to meet. In the Gotei, Vastime, Guild of Heroes...everywhere."

Henrex rose his head, a gentle smile forming at his lips.

"You're right. There's more to life than just power alone."

The man's eyes closed as he sighed once more.

"As do I. I want to protect people, because...I've lost so many that I care about."

His gaze faltered as he paused for a moment.

"I'm tired of it all. I've lived for a very long time, and I have been a part of many wars and battles. It's the same thing, over and over -- with no end. You just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything...turn to dust."

Henrex took a brief glimpse at his hand, seeing the gleaming blue of the Seal of Heroism. His hand closed as he turned back to Abalia. An idea sparked from his mind -- but, that would have to wait.

Last edited by Henrex on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Listening carefully to Henrex's response, Abalia smiled at his words. Yet, there was a part of her that felt conflicted as to whether he did truly understand. That was rude of her though, wasn't it? Especially during a conversation such as this. Perhaps she let her mind wander a touch too much.

"I suppose I must ask, is that power worth the burden? Have you felt that it is truly worthwhile to shoulder that on your own?"

Of course, the silver haired maiden did not expect Henrex to answer that question. It was purely hypothetical in the context of the conversation, posed only in response to what Henrex had said, and she continued to listen quite intently. it seemed as though something was on his mind, but she did not wish to make any further interruptions.

"I would never push you to that simply for evenness' sake. But if you wish to tell it, I will happily listen."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum