Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Officer's Promotion Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Officer's Promotion Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

The Officer's Promotion Empty The Officer's Promotion

Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:20 am
The Officer's Promotion QerxJ3c

» Name Of Character: Abalia Sesshouin
» Link To Character: https://www.platinumhearts.net/t17910-abalia-sesshouin-approved-5-2

» Upgrading:
-Tier: 5-2 -> 5-1

-Hoho: Beginner -> Untrained
-Kido: Beginner -> Untrained
-Willpower: Adept -> Master
-Mental Deduction: Beginner -> Elite
-Focus: Adept -> Elite

-New Ability:
Justice Never Sleeps:
Having developed an at least marginally greater spiritual reservoir over the course of her work, but still lacking any particular combative use for it, Abalia has instead slowly come to develop a much more, in her eyes, useful application for it. This is not something she must activate, but instead a purely passive ability, and indeed is one so in line with who Abalia is that she failed to even realize its presence for some time.

What is this ability, however? It is quite simple. By using her spiritual reserves as a direct source of energy, Abalia is able to function without food, sleep, or water for spans of time well beyond anyone else at her level of spiritual power. While she can certainly enjoy a meal when she has the time, and her body will not reject additional sustenance or rest, Abalia requires only one day's worth of nutrients and sleep per month, and is able to function as if she were otherwise perfectly sated and rested.

If, for some reason, a month passes and she still has not met these needs, her energy will begin to drop substantially. For each week beyond the initial month that Abalia relies on her energy for sustenance, her tier will drop by one sub-tier. If she falls to 5-5- and still relies solely on her energy reserves, her body will give out entirely, and she has only three days before her body consumes itself, killing her.

-New Ability:
Earth Defying Array:
An ability learned from Mirja in their very first encounter, Abalia has in fact maintained practice with this as best she can, though her lack of free time these days leaves it something of a secondary concern for her. While this is the first step to achieving Tulpa, Abalia has not pursued it any further than its existence-in-itself, and as such its only benefit is granting Abalia the ability to use her own willpower to press onward through otherwise strenuous physical tasks, and to will her body forward against the Earth, lightening herself and making her actions less difficult.

» Why: This is the first upgrade based on in-character development that Abalia has ever received, and while I am aware that the leap in her Will Skills is an exceptional one, I believe that my general depiction of her, and her development in itself, is enough to justify this upgrade. While her number of threads in itself may not be the highest on site, I believe that the extent of her actions within those threads, and the impact she has had through those actions, is a great deal more than the sum of its parts, so to speak.

Additionally, while those threads would certainly contribute to a substantial increase in tier in most cases, I have established it time and again that Abalia's tier potential is exceptionally low, and so I am forgoing what would otherwise be significant advancement in tier for greater increase in skill, as I feel that is far more fitting for the character, both IC and OoC.

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t18442p20-a-botched-arrest-abalia-mirja

The first thread that Abalia was, in fact, ever in, I think that even this showed a substantial growth toward a greater place of mental fortitude than her initial Will Skills would have implied. Though she certainly did not achieve anything massively of note, she did at least manage the Earth Defying Array on her first attempt, a mark of potential that, I believe, has long-since been demonstrated through later efforts.

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t18449-sparring

Though not an earth-shaking thread in its own right, this thread not only displays Abalia's propensity to quickly adapt and understand things at an exceptional rate, but additionally feeds into a later thread, one which had far weightier impact on her character. However, in this thread, not only did Abalia quickly pick up on (admittedly basic) sword forms, but pushed herself to learn them in spite of not only her lack of inclination, but her hands bleeding and her body in general pushing her to stop and take a break.

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t18580-wings-of-icarus

What began simply as studying under Hayden to learn the nature of her kingdom and herself developed, instead, into a prime example of Abalia's willingness to persevere even in the face of poor, if not overwhelming, odds. Having been accosted first only by relatively low-level Hollows, though ones still likely beyond her own power, Abalia was able to keep them at bay, if temporarily, simply through a willful, authoritative command. Upon the arrival of a Vasto Lorde, however, things quickly developed further for her.

With no alternative but to handle four beings above her own level of strength, Abalia fought the four off with her Zanpakuto, taking not-insignificant damage in the process. Though she knew fully that each strike she made would likely cause her injury, she did so regardless, and in taking out the final Hollow, forced herself to make a leap on a substantially damaged leg for the sake of keeping her own life, and potentially even that of her king. Though she did not fully ignore the pain, as none tend to be able to do so, what she did do was push past it and act in spite of it, in the name of her duty.

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t18732-kings-advent-gotei-shinigami-open

Though this thread is still ongoing, it should be noted Abalia has effectively exited it. While most characters of Abalia's tier would have little chance to do anything against a foe of Baraggan's level (and, indeed, she did in fact do little to nothing against him), it is crucial to note that not only did her presence have a massive impact on the thread as a whole, but that in spite of simple spiritual pressure which could have wiped her out, she pursued only her goal of assisting her Captain.

As far as actual feats go, however, there is one that I believe is more than suitable to justify a significant increase for her, and that is her successfully managing to not simply distract Baraggan of all people, but to actively give him pause and make him address her, despite the vast gulf between their power. Considering Baraggan's character, I believe that her having been able to do this, and to then go beyond and actively irritate him, speaks greatly to her mental prowess.

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t18925-ms-stiff-ass-meet-ms-manic-ass-mana-abalia

Perhaps the most infamous of Abalia's exploits, it is also, I believe, one of her greatest feats when it comes to the increase in her Will skills, to say nothing of its monumentous import to her own development as a character. While most characters even substantially stronger than Abalia would prefer to avoid any interaction with Mana for fear of their lives, she instead actively sought out the Queen of Demons with only a single goal in mind; the safety of her people. Having realized that her king would potentially be unable to act for World War 4, Abalia took the initiative and sought Mana out for a ceasefire accord, and in the process demonstrated what could only be described as a profoundly calculating and willful nature.

Through her own dedication to cause and inner calm, Abalia was able to maintain relative composure despite the influence of someone as substantially above her own level of power as Mana. "Relative" is key here, admittedly, as Mana did still coax out of her a more coldhearted and uncanny side to her personality, but even with this, Abalia was able to keep completely composed. More importantly, however, she was able to not quite lie, but to manipulate the truth as it best suited her, and was able to successfully read and understand Mana at least well enough to consistently take an approach which would best suit her needs, a level of manipulation few can claim to have accomplished over the head of Shadow Fall, even if relatively minor all things considered.

» Extra: I am willing to discuss this upgrade in private, be that through DMs or voice, if need be.

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Officer's Promotion Left_bar_bleue99999/99999The Officer's Promotion Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

The Officer's Promotion Empty Re: The Officer's Promotion

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:09 am
[adm]Approved. I don't see any issues with the upgrades in question.[/adm]

The Officer's Promotion WVMWLOu
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum