Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Empty Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open]

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm

By this point in her life, Izalith had almost forgotten who she was.

Not in a metaphorical sense but a physical sense. She has yet to ever use the gifts that her mother had given her since birth, only knowing how to use a few spells that her older sister, Sylvania, had taught her. Though useful in very specific situations, they weren't going to cut it if Izalith had gotten into a real fight. Not only that, she wasn't very skilled in the art of combat itself, so maybe a bit of training was what she needed,

Currently, we find our wandering swordsman in the depth of Arizona, treading in the place known only as Death Valley. This day in particular was a contender for possibly one of the hottest days recorded. Due to the extreme heat, her left eye has become irritated, causing it to become extremely itchy. This phenomenon caused her to remember back to her time with her family, making note that Sylvania had an extreme dislike for the heat. Thus it would make sense that her body, and her eye, would stay true to that distaste as well.

So why Death Valley? Well, while it wasn't the largest desert, it was big enough for her to set up a small training session. Izalith did not know her own power, but she could get a general grasp of how strong she was, so if she were to cause major damage then it would be minimal and nobody would care. At the moment she was roughly 5 miles in, with the closest hint of civilization nowhere in sight. As a matter of fact, there was sand for miles, only disrupted by the occasional cactus or starving lizard. There was sand in places where sand shouldn't be, and that fact made Izalith slowly start to regretting coming here.

Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Sumera-character-list
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Empty Re: Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open]

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:17 am

Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] 6EdIfMt

The Flame Of Hope

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

Death Valley. Lovely name. And in it, there was a woman who had a large backpack-looking thing on, a hat in one hand, and a currently closed sun-stick in the other. As powerful as she was and as perfect as she was, Ulv was not immune to sun-stroke, or burned skin. The powerful, merciless sun here was capable of doing both with somewhat ease. She was here to test her Resolve Flame's heat-cancelling abilities. She had felt it before, but wanted to see how it would work in a place like here, where she had been but a minute and she was already drenched with sweat and her body felt like it was being stabbed by the sun.

Igniting the flame in her soul and releasing it, she did not seem quite as hot anymore. Which wasn't as correct as you'd think, because she was hot, but that hotness came from inside her and equalized the outside temprature enough to effect her less. The sun couldn't penetrate her aura of Flame enough to hurt her skin, and the sweating slowed down, but didn't stop entirely because it was still hot out here. Content in her experiment, she put on her hat and opened the sun-stick, drawing a bottle of the drink she had brought with her to prevent dehydration, it was cracked open and downed in one long gulp.

And then, she saw someone else in the valley. It didn't look like they were prepared for the heat, and also didn't seem like they were just running through it to see if they could dodge a sunburn. So Ulv moved over to give her some shade to prevent damages and offered a drink.
"It's dangerous being out here, darling. Any reason for your jaunt to Hell?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:25 am

Oh yeah, the heat. Izalith was affected by it somewhat, this being obvious since she was sweating up a storm, but she didn't really acknowledge the fact that it was hot. Since she was wearing a poncho, it was kind of expected that she'd be on the warmer side of things, especially in the desert, so really, it didn't concern her. Though what did concern her was the fact that there was someone else in the desert with her, wearing a weird get up.

"You're a bit far from Australia, Miss." Izalith took a step away from the woman, now located roughly a meter from her, who was trying to supply her with shade. She continued to scratch on her eye, more furious than before. "And I know it's dangerous out here, that's why I'm here. It's hard to train yourself for a moment of danger if you've never been in danger, to begin with." She stared blankly at her new acquaintance while clawing at her eye. Normally this much scratching would have resulted in a punctured eyeball, but due to the cloth she has wrapped around that part of her face, she was fine.

"So what are you doing out here?" She eyed the person up and down. "You look like you came prepared for something."

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Izalith of the Sand [Solo/Open] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:52 pm

The Flame Of Hope

Australia...was it only Australians who could be prepared for the desert's heat? It was a strange assumption to make, and one that made Ulv cock an eyebrow.
"Australia? Norway, actually. I am a bit out of my depth here, but I came here to fight the sun. It was an interesting experience, and I'll call it a draw. But this is not a place to be having any kind of discussion. What is it with people and thinking deserts are fun places to be?" Ulv shook her head and kept offering the drink because the other woman was sweating a great deal.

Spiritual beings were strong but ultimately biological. They could drown, starve, bleed out and die in most ways humans could, and so her new friend was going to start feeling the effects of the sun pretty soon.
"Mmm, coming out to a desert alone is a great way to get first-hand experience of what it is like to die of heatstroke. So unless you want to die in one of the worst ways to die, you should follow me and we'll go somewhere else. Somewhere less likely to kill you just by being there, but somewhere you can train while being there"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:53 pm

"Yeah, that's true." Izalith looked off to the side. She wasn't in the mood to be lectured though the heat was starting to get to her, but not like it would a normal human. She's only ever lived in hot places so she's somewhat used to what was going on here, it's just hitting her at a slower rate. She wasn't stupid, she wasn't going to be out here the entire day, that's a death wish. "Look, I don't plan on being here for that long to begin with so you being here, distracting me, is only going to make it a longer stay." She stops and puts her forearm to her forehead. "I'd say I have... 30 minutes at best. Might be a bit longer if I take off this poncho, but that'd be ridiculous."

Izalith claps her hands together twice and the ground under her begins to shake ever so slightly. Her tall friend would feel it as well but to a smaller degree as around them metal begins to rise out of the sand. "Hey buddy, do me a favor and duck? I don't want to clip the top of your head off or anything." She didn't really wait for them as it started to form faster and the metal would collide directly above her, forming a metal dome.

Izalith dons a expression of surprise. "Wow. I didn't actually think that would work. Like, beginner's luck I guess." Though it would also be pretty dark inside the dome, since the Sun would be blocked off. "So I'm pretty adamant on staying here, if you couldn't tell by the brazen bull I just basically made. You are free to leave but watch your head on the way out." And with that she sits down.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:16 pm

The Flame Of Hope

The woman was wholly unimpressed by how hot and dry a desert was, and how much danger it could possess. 30 minutes was a generous estimate of how long it would take for the sun to do some serious damage. The metal dome was an impressive thing, but the issue was that it was metal and such a material was notorious for radiating heat. It would do very little to stop the Sun's Merciless Touch in this little part of the desert. But, she seemed adamant to stick around so Ulv was going to get out of the way of the dome, and watch the woman.

"Mmm, thirty minutes till heatstroke and serious physical maladies, sure. I would say about 15 while still maintaining the ability to leave this place under your own power. The dome is going to prevent the Sun's direct touch, but you are still going to suffer some bad dehydration from the dryness of the air and the immense heat radiated from the sand below you and the metal dome above you. Any training that could be done in 15 minutes is training that can be done in 15 minutes elsewhere. The Sun is merciless, and there is a reason even people that live here avoid trying to fight it" Ulv finished the second bottle and put it back in the bag, using her Resolve Flame to burn off most of the heat, but still sweating a fair bit. With the drinks, she would keep being able to sweat, not something that the girl under the dome would be able to claim.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 am
[mod]archiving on request[/mod]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum