THE SHINIGAMI TEMPLATE
Enter The Shinigami
I. Basic Information» Name:
Ryoko Kasume» Alias:
300 Chronologically, 20 Physically» Gender:
150 cm (4’11”)» Weight:
54.42 kg (120 lbs.)» Association:
Gotei United, 1st Division, Vice Captain» Appearance Written:
At a small stature, Ryoko is looked down on, in the most literal sense of the word, by those around her. She appears to be a typical Japanese woman, though her eyes are most unique of all, a light blue color. Her eyes usually have an inquisitive look about them, always curious about others and the world around her. Her skin is a slightly tanned shade, soft and smooth which gives others the impression of her being rather young. Ryoko’s hair is typically tied up formally, long, black curls kept out of the way and up on top of her head. Her build, on the contrary, is curvier than most others. Though she keeps herself exercised and fit, she weighs more than others of her height, having a slightly more feminine build, though that doesn’t detract from the speed at which she moves.Clothing:
Nearly all of the time, one will see her wearing the traditional uniform without sleeves or a back due to her currently working on training herself to use Shunko as she’s just beginning on working on it. As for her Vice Captain’s badge, that is kept on a strap at her belt, keeping it out of way of her arms and back and still easy for others to identify her. Upon her face one always sees a pair of glasses, ones she needs in order to see far away.Reiatsu Colors:
Blue and Green» Appearance Image:
I. Personality» Personality:
As a member of a lesser Noble house of the Soul Society, Ryoko has always been put under pressure by her mother and father, the pair of them wishing for her to strive to be the very best. This pressure she was put under is a key factor in her self-critical nature. She sees herself as one who can’t fail in what she does, feeling the reputation of her family is on the line with everything she does. As such, she comes off as very distant and even cold to others around her, a hard exterior hiding the soft interior that just wishes for the approval and acceptance of her family. Every failure of her’s she takes hard, taking a hit at her confidence, though she continues on until she succeeds. Due to her training with Bankai, Ryoko is in complete control of her emotions, and it's very hard to get her angry, or upset, unless she wishes to be such.
Friends or lovers are nonexistent for Ryoko, as she always puts on a professional facade whenever around others which makes her rather unapproachable at times. She takes comfort in the arts and music, having talent in painting, singing, and playing a handful of instruments. The only beings she’d ever call friends are canines, as she absolutely adores dogs of all kinds, and even her zanpakuto’s spirit takes on the form of a dog that accompanies her.
There are also many things that drive Ryoko forward, besides needing to gain a good name for her family. Loyalty to her captain, and to the Soul Society drives her forward, as well as a desire to one day have a strength comparative to that of her captain, to better serve her. She also has a passion for fighting, and complete mastery of Hakuda and Hoho keeps her moving forward in life, and is what she works on constantly when she doesn’t have work to do.
The very rare occasions she doesn’t spend her time training in her spare time, she works on her abilities with painting and music, though she also just enjoys walks in the rain as well as they always clear her mind in times of trouble for her. Something about the sound of the rain, and even the sound of thunder and lightning manages that for her, causing serenity in her mind when nothing else will.
I. History» History:
Ryoko was one of those that were born into the Soul Society, unlike others that die and come there through the assistance of a Shinigami. She was born as the only daughter of the lesser Noble house of Kasume, in the third district of the Rukongai. She was raised by parents that expected her, like they expected her two brothers, to bring honor to the family though in a different manner. They arranged for her to be married to a noble of higher standing, whilst her brothers attended the Shinigami Academy and became Soul Reapers, eventually. Ryoko was still educated, though on manners, etiquette, and behavior in noble society and court. When her brothers were killed in combat against an Arrancar, however, it was a hard hit on the family. An agreement was made with this family to call off the betrothal, due to the result of it being her losing her surname and all children of her's being born as members of this house.
It was when she was a very young woman, physically and emotionally only in her teens, that she started to develop a hunger, and spiritual pressure not unlike her brothers. When this was found out, both her mother and father instructed her to attend the Shinigami Academy, on top of taking their lessons for training her to be the head of their house, as her mother could no longer conceive children. Ryoko did as her parents asked, pressured throughout her time there in the academy. With a brilliant mind, and picking up everything that was essential to graduate at a fast rate, Ryoko managed to do so within two years at the academy, not the best, but an impressive amount of time regardless. She was placed within the unseated ranks of Squad One.
Ryoko spent her days performing every duty she had, to the best ability that she could. When she had off-time, she spent it bonding with her zanpakuto, whom she sees as her partner and not just a tool to use. She mastered her shikai within the next 80 years, only then starting to work on achieving her bankai. By that point, she'd been appointed to the seat of Vice Captain, of Squad One after moving up the ranks.
Ryoko achieved her Bankai by being thrown into situations by her zanpakuto's spirit that would call out and stress out each of her emotions, specifically. She needed to learn mastery and complete control of herself, before she achieved bankai and learned to embody emotion itself. This mastery took her a century, at which point she finally achieved her bankai, and for the last 65 years, she's been learning, ever since, how to control, and use her bankai to it's fullest abilities.
I. Racial Techniques/Abilities/Skills» Racial Abilities:
Ryoko uses the standard forms of shunpo as well as hakuda, however, she does not use Kido or Zanjutsu.
I. Sealed Powers » Zanpakutô Name:
Seinshin Odoriko» Zanpakutô Spirit Appearance:
The appearance of Ryoko’s zanpakuto is that of a dog with as white as moonlight and eyes an odd blue color, one whose presence can actually be seen by others as the dog is often seen accompanying her at all times, though most assume it to be her pet. Her spirit has another form, however, that of a woman dressed in blue robes, hair whipping around her like the blue-green energy of Ryoko’s Inner World. She’d stand nearly a foot taller than Ryoko, with pale skin, blue eyes, and speaks with a velvety, alto voice.» Inner World:
Ryoko’s Inner world is that of a mirror copy of the world she’s in at the time, however one pulsing with a blue-green energy, with a constant, low hum of power around her. Within the realm, resides her Zanpakuto’s spirit, Seinshin Odoriko. When her emotions are different, the energies change to fit those, going from red for anger, black for grief, blue for guilt, yellow for fear, and so on.» Zanpakutô Appearance:
In its sealed form, Seinshin Odoriko’s appearance can be altered by Ryoko, and she normally goes with a small, concealable knife on her person, though on rare occasions she carries it as a full sized Zanpakuto with the appearance of a katana that is sheathed in a black saya, but wrapped in a blue-green Ito around it’s handle.
I. Shikai» Shikai Release Phrase:
Tear upon the threads of fate, Seinshin Odoriko!» Shikai Appearance:
When released, she appears to be completely unarmed. Though she has no bladed weapon in this form, her zanpakuto also manifests around her hands, as blue-green wrappings around her fists, wrists, and forearms. These she can use to block a zanpakuto as if she had a physical weapon, the wrappings a manifestation of her weapon. From these wrappings come nearly invisible to the eye threads, which she manipulates and wraps around the bare skin of her opponent in order to user her Shikai’s abilities. These threads are as sharp as a Zanpakuto, and used to cut the skin of her opponent. She can also keep these threads confined to the wraps around her fists and achieve the same effect as long as she manages to make them bleed and touch their skin.» Shikai Abilities:
Ryoko can only portray one emotion at a time, needing time to change between emotion types. The following are the effects of said emotions on an enemy (or ally) hit with said needles, and these effects last for approximately three minutes each, unless she strengthens the abilities. The more potent she laces the needles, the less time the effects last, with there being a medium potency (two minutes) and a strong potency (one minute). These abilities also get more extreme the more potent they are, to the point of potentially driving a target temporarily insane if she isn’t careful. The following are the emotions she’s able to manipulate and cause in others, depending upon mental fortitude.
- Rage: These needles can cause a fury or increase in rash decisions in combat (depending on the willpower of the opponent). Normally, they cause them to be more careless in combat against her and others, making them easier to hit, or taunt and allow for more openings in their defense.
- Fear: This manipulation causes irrational fear to rise in the victim, even causing hallucinations to frighten and make the victim afraid and on edge, lowering their defensive capabilities and rational thinking. If one’s mind is weak enough and the emotion potent enough, the fear can even be enough to kill someone.
- Guilt: This emotion causes an overwhelming sense of guilt over past actions, leaving a victim with skeletons in their closet and particular events in their past tearing them up in a state of hopelessness and despair, depending on mental fortitude.
- Agony: When she manipulates pain, she can either dull this emotion for others, or intensify it to make it difficult to concentrate or fight, so much so that with its highest potency against one with a weak mental fortitude could even cause them to pass out from imaginary intensified pain.
- Determination: Striking an ally with a Determination needle, willingly, will bolster an ally’s will to continue fighting, and allow those that even feel as if they’re too weak to carry on to get up the will to go on for just a bit longer (three minutes max, one minute minimum, as per potency allowances for emotional manipulation).
- Joy/Bliss: This emotional manipulation causes the one struck with it to be struck with a state of bliss and euphoria, strong enough to cause them to be ignorant of what goes on around them (the amount of which is dependent on their mental fortitude,being negated completely by those with a very strong mind). The more potent the emotion, the less the individual is aware to the point of even being unaware they’re even being hurt by someone. Another variant of Joy is one that causes irrational and unstoppable laughter, the strength of which can even kill if the emotion is potent enough and one’s will too weak to resist it.
I. Bankai» Bankai Release Phrase:
Break the bonds, Shinzui Seinshin Odoriko!» Bankai Appearance:
When her bankai is released, Ryoko is enveloped in a wave of blue-green energy, concealing her from her opponent until she’s released from it. Upon being released, the energy swirling around her and enveloping her very being is dependent on the emotion she chooses to embody, as well as her hair, attire, and eye color, even. In her bankai, she wields no weapon whatsoever, her hands and feet glowing and flowing with energy, appearing like thin threads coming from her.» Bankai Abilities:
In this form, her abilities rely on her attacking in hand-to-hand combat, using her embodiment states to enhance herself only, and apply a variety of effects on herself. She can change emotions that she embodies, and in Bankai, she does not need to wait to change the emotion that she embodies.
- Rage/Hatred (Red): With Rage, her attacks are far more powerful and brutal, usually used to end fights quickly, and violently. With the embodiment of rage, her attacks and speed are nearly three times as powerful and fast, though her defense is three times as weak, making her a glass cannon of sorts. In this state, she often fights by increasing her speed and striking before an enemy can, well aware of her weakness in this state.
- Bravery (Orange): This embodiment causes Ryoko to do the opposite of her fear manipulating ability in Shikai, bolstering of allies, and herself, and allowing them the confidence and bravery needed in order to face opponents that might otherwise have fearsome auras of their own or simply cause fear due to their power.
- Guilt (Blue): Taking on the form of Guilt itself, Ryoko’s aura can make an opponent feel physical pain for every wrong they’ve done to other people, whether emotional or physical. This is intensified for each strike she lands on them with her fists. Those with low mental fortitude can even lose all will to fight or live, due to this aura and attack combination. This effect lasts only as long as she’s in the Guilt Embodiment form and fades as soon as she switches emotions.
- Determination (Gold): Taking on the Embodiment of determination bolsters her will to fight and live tenfold. This ability weakens her attacks, but increases her defensive capabilities, making her golden aura like a shell of defense almost against attacks of others with power far weaker than her, though those close in power, equal to, or higher can still hit her through it if they can overcome it. This form also slowly regenerates physical wounds of her’s and any afflictions affecting her whether it be disease, poison, or other physical afflictions. However, it will not regenerate anyone else’s injuries, and it doesn’t restore used Reiatsu.
I. Skill Sheet[SKILL SHEETS ARE NOT TO BE FILLED OUT UNTIL AFTER A TIER IS GIVEN! WILL SKILLS WILL BE GIVEN BY THE STAFF MEMBER THAT GRADES YOUR APP! FOR MORE INFORMATION, LOOK AT THIS THREAD]
Additional Note: The skill sheets, as of Saturday, February 10, 2018, have had small additions. There are new skills, and Master has been renamed to "Elite". Furthermore, Master is now the bridge in-between Elite and Grand Master. For more information, and the rest of the skill sheets, READ THIS THREAD
- Durability: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Trained/Beginner/Untrained
- General Speed: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Strength: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Weapon Skill: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Hoho: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Zanjutsu: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Hakuda: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Willpower/Determination: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Mental Deduction: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Pain Endurance: Elite/Advanced//Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Focus: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
I. Role Play Sample» Roleplay Sample:
It was early in the morning that Ryoko found herself awakened in her quarters, by the very early cracks of light leaking through the blinds. She'd opened her eyes, and sat herself up, groggy from sleep, still. She ran a hand along her face, and looked around her room for a few minutes. With a yawn, Ryoko stood herself up and began to make herself food to break her fast, checking the paperwork she still had to do with a heavy sigh. There wasn't much; Ryoko was, at the very least, a very efficient and hardworking woman. While she waited for her food to finish cooking, she sat down and multi-tasked, and worked out a few pages before she needed to stop for food. She gathered up the cooked meal, and sat down, eating in silence.
Just before dawn, to Ryoko, was one of best times to think and plan for the day, the silence giving her time to contemplate many things, from her work to furthering her training to completely master her bankai. This time, it was pertaining to her training, with a glance towards her zanpakuto resting just beside her bed on a counter. She'd feel a small amount of movement in her lap, which drew her attention away from the sword to look at the dog resting in her lap. "Good morning, Seinshin Odoriko." she stated, to which a portrayal of gratitude washed over her mind, the dog's tail wagging briefly. "I was thinking we could work on Rage, today, yes? I'm still having issues controlling my speed in that form. There is
such a thing as too fast, at least, for now until I can control it." she comments, glancing downwards again before going back to eating her breakfast.