Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active]
Welcome to Bleach Platinum Hearts RP! This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2416, over 400 years away from the Original Bleach's timeline. It has elements of both canon and custom for a unique mixture of role playing never seen before on Bleach. To get started, please sign up and read our starter guide:

http://www.platinumhearts.net/t13634-bleach-platinum-hearts-starter-s-guide

And again, welcome to our Bleach RP.

Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active]

This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2417, over 400 years after the original Bleach Storyline. Join our Bleach RP today

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
'Yo, Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find an assortment of Site News. Happy Roleplaying! --- Veteran Member Of The Year: Owl (Cooking Spray) --- Newbie Member Of The Year: Rawk --- Staff Of The Year: Henrex --- Character Of The Year: Tsubaki Koezuka --- Fight Thread Of The Year: Peek-A-BOOM! [OPERATION NIGHTMARE] --- Social Thread Of The Year: Hum a Few Bars and I'll Fake It --- Story Arc Of The Year: Yaksha's Future for the Hollows ---
Latest topics
Top posters
THEFROST

JJ

Hydræ

Chao

Pockeh

Tsubine

Forsaken Crow

Henrex

Kade

Sᵃ ᶥ ᶦ ˣ ♚

Statistics
We have 2633 registered users
The newest registered user is Proto

Our users have posted a total of 124987 messages in 19079 subjects
Share | 

Harboring a Burning Passion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Absentee
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
101000/99999999  (101000/99999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 11PostSubject: Re: Harboring a Burning Passion   Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:45 pm

LAW

Artist: Nujabes/Idst - Song: BattleCry - Word Count: N/A

"Hmm"

Law couldn't say that he hadn't been hoping for more than that when the subject had first been brought up, but he also couldn't say that the notion hadn't been foolish from the start. Still, what she said did intrigue him, even if it wasn't as interesting as the name "Atlantis" had originally implied. Secret societies, that was always a good time. Before he got dragged too far down another rabbit hole he decided that he wanted to see what this fighting style was like for himself.

Based on the fact that he'd seen her walk into town with a large shark slung over her shoulder, the fact that she seemed fairly confident and acted like she could take care of herself, and because she was in charge here, Law assumed that if she didn't know the martial art herself, she at least could point him in the direction of someone who did. He didn't think that would be a problem though. He was fairly certain that he had this one pretty well pegged. This Zian-Zi shit was getting more and more interesting by the moment.

"Well, if it's a fighting style you must know it right? You're not just spinning me tales for the fuck of it, are you? I'd like to see how this legendary martial art works for myself. Now usually I don't like to hit ladies, but sometimes I do, and this is one of those times."

It was well known to Law that at times he could be somewhat ineloquent, but in the end he usually knew how far he was able to push his luck, and when it was best to conduct himself in a more cordial manner. He did not feel very pressured in this interaction, and because of that he gave little thought to how he was conveying himself. It was a bad habit that wasn't easily kicked. He'd certainly tried more than a few times.

Coding in Template By:
http://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
398349/999999  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 12PostSubject: Re: Harboring a Burning Passion   Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 am

The Flame Of Hope

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

Well, it was understandable, predictable even, that he was going to ask for her to teach the fighting style she described. Or at least show him it, which would be hard. She gave him a quick scan to see his soul and then shook her head. While innate durability wasn't controlled by one's soul - Henrex folded like wet paper despite his immense power - there was a limit to how strong the physical bits could get before you needed to add spiritual power to strengthen them. And he didn't have a lot of spiritual power. It would make a Tai Chi demonstration pretty dangerous for him.

"Hit away, you probably won't get very far" she told Law, taking a breath and then releasing the full might of her Reiatsu for a for seconds so he could get a clear picture of how much Ulv was packing behind those muscles. "I don't know how to show you something while also separating what is me from what is the Tai Chi. Even without it, when I move house, I literally move the house. I've got a few friends but they are all pretty high on the scale. I think the only Cultivator I know that is moderate level is Yoriko. I taught it to a few people but two have vanished, one has neglected it, one is a hybrid and Tai Chi doesn't play well with them, and one is not really anywhere remotely impressive. The only person that might possibly work is Evie, and she's like your house-keys. Impossible to find when you want her for something"

She then took a pondering look and bit her lip softly.
"I got one idea, but...Force can only be reduced so far. You are still gonna break, just not fatally so. If you are up for it"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Absentee
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
101000/99999999  (101000/99999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 13PostSubject: Re: Harboring a Burning Passion   Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 am

LAW

Artist: Nujabes/Idst - Song: BattleCry - Word Count: N/A

He looked Ulv up and down while she spoke. He'd already known she possessed a great amount of energy, but he hadn't realized just how much until she demonstrated it fully. Her output was actually a bit of a hindrance to him, but he didn't make that obvious. Still, it didn't change his mind in any way. He was a man who knew what he wanted, and what he wanted at the moment was to see exactly what sort of power she was packing. He understood what she meant when she said that it would be difficult to separate what was Tai Chi from her own power, but he was confident that he could do so if he analyzed her movements carefully. That was the kind of thing he was good at. Urahara had taught him well.

"I'm not worried about it, let's go."

Law took his sword from his waist and threw it on the bed. He figured if they were going to fight with martial arts then he wouldn't be using any Zanjutsu. That would definitely put him at an even greater disadvantage, especially considering the fact that he wasn't using any of his abilities. Oh well, kicks it would have to be. He put his hands in front of his face and took a stance which would enable him to kick effectively. He then extended one of his hands and gestured to Ulv with two fingers. Time to get down to business. He readied himself for what he was sure to come, tensing his legs and abdomen. If he was injured it wouldn't be the end of the world, his powers allowed him to easily heal himself quickly in his downtime. It wasn't much use in an actual fight, because it took an extended amount of time and required all of his effort, but in a spar it was an invaluable asset. He didn't think his normal power output would be sufficient here, but he'd been thinking it was time to push himself further lately, this would be the time to do so.

Coding in Template By:
http://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
398349/999999  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 14PostSubject: Re: Harboring a Burning Passion   Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:03 am

The Flame Of Hope

Artist: Hammerfall - Song: Hearts On Fire

Well, he was totally down for taking Ulv on despite everything, so she would just smile and nod, not one to get in the way of his ambition to see the style that Ulv spoke so highly of. Ulv could totally respect that desire to see a new form. It was what prompted Mirja to learn how to read - but not really speak - Chinese, so she could understand the book he read Tai Chi in. But then he started to get into a stance in the middle of the bloody building.
"What are you doing? We aren't going to have a fight in the Big Bed House!" she exclaimed, shooing him out so he would follow her to a nice open area designed for some sparring. It was a Tai Chi City after all.

There, Ulv donned her Devil Bonds and fed them to ensure her strength was low enough to not do any damage towards him. If she was going to be enhancing herself with Dantian techniques, she didn't need her strength to be on the level like normal. She needed it to be lower. And she let out her reiatsu so that Law would be able to sense she was weaker. And then, letting him take his stance before she took her own, she started slow. Channeling Shen to her feet and darting forward only to suddenly slip off to the side as if the ground was covered in ice, bringing her enhanced fingernails low to rake across his thigh. Circling Nine Cranes was a simple, but underestimated technique in Wulin.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Harboring a Burning Passion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2