Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
From One Vizard to Another Left_bar_bleue0/0From One Vizard to Another Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

From One Vizard to Another Empty From One Vizard to Another

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Honorable Vizard

Laskt Matiche

Laskt raised his hand to rap on Ulv Auber’s door, only to halt his movement at the last second, unclenching his fist and stepping back a pace, doubt sinking it’s ever-present claws into him once more.

Since the encounter with the Quincy woman on the beach, Laskt had moved into the city proper, carefully examining it’s every facet in the slow, methodical way that suited him best. And, to be perfectly honest, what he had seen was impressive in the extreme. Refugees of almost every species imaginable lived and worked in the bustling city. Minatumi Harbour seemed very much a protected utopia, free from worry about the massive inter-dimensional war being waged across the Earth and beyond.

And then, of course, there was Ulv herself.

From the moment the reluctant Vizard had exited the Senkaimon, he had felt the woman’s ludicrous power pulse like the heartbeat of the city itself, nearly bringing the warrior to his knees several times due to it’s sheer breath and intensity. The Reiatsu he felt was almost ungodly in it’s raw power, matched only by the greatest of Gotei Captains that Laskt had encountered.

Perhaps that was what was making him so damn nervous.

Frowing, Laskt hesitated on the doorstep, re-examining his choices. He could leave right now, and nobody would ever know. He could train on his own, developing at a much slower pace to be sure, but at least he would have to deal with Ulv’s legendary eccentricity. The only issue was that, well, he might need another “Vizard’s” help in dealing with the demon within if it got out of hand, and if he practiced in the standard Fifth Division training hard, he doubted anyone there would be able to help him. Besides, perhaps Ulv knew of some way to suppress his inner demon, and that was a possibility he couldn't simply abandon

The warrior took a deep breath, fixed his wild hair, straightened his clothing, and slowly knocked three times on the door.

Last edited by Laskt on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
From One Vizard to Another Left_bar_bleue398349/999999From One Vizard to Another Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

From One Vizard to Another Empty Re: From One Vizard to Another

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:05 am

From One Vizard to Another 6EdIfMt

The Flame Of Hope

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

Ulv's City didn't just keep everyone passionate and energized to see their goals through. It also allowed Ulv to keep track of everyone in the city, who was entering and who was leaving. Focus hard enough, and there was an ever-present feeling of being watched by something out of sight. So when he finally came to Ulv's house, and paused, there was a feeling of his stuttering being observed, and eventually, his knock acknowledged as soon as it was done.
"Took you long enough. Do you delay this hard with everything you do, or just knocking on the door of beautiful women?" Ulv asked, having snuck up behind him while he hesitated.

The city being her broad and vast reiatsu as much as she herself was, made it hard to sense her coming or pinpoint her location. Like looking for hay in a haystack.
"So, what can I do for you, kiddo? Got something you want to ask? Something you want to get? Something you want to.." suddenly, she slid into his personal space, some exceptional footwork combined with a look as if as if she was sliding on ice rather than walking on the ground.

Once in his space, she pressed her breasts against his chest and smiled warmly, her eyelashes fluttering with a flirtatious heat and seeming more full and vibrant than they and been a second ago. The same was with her lips, as they glittered gently in the light, and looked more than they were.
"Do~?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
From One Vizard to Another Left_bar_bleue0/0From One Vizard to Another Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Honorable Vizard

Laskt Matiche

Laskt visibly started as a voice resounded from behind him, spinning on his heel and nearly drawing his Zanpaktou before registering the woman’s face as that of Ulv herself. The Shinigami frowned mentally, upset at himself that he had been so caught up in his doubts and fears that he had failed to register such a powerful being sneaking up behind him. While it was true that sheer size of Ulv’s power signature made it difficult for him to precisely pinpoint it anywhere within the city, he should have at least heard something!

As he opened his mouth to greet the woman, the Shinigami was caught off guard by the sheer boldness of her statements, sending his thoughts scattering for a moment before he regained his iron-clad control of himself. He coughed, “I apologize Miss Ulv, I didn’t mean to waste your time.” He said politely, inclining his head to her. “I just was unsure of whether I wanted to interrupt you during such a fine afternoon, you are quite busy by all accounts and I would hate to disturb you.” Laskt explained, trying his best to ignore the last half of her statement. The poor knight wasn’t exactly amazingly equipped for these kinds of social situations after all, and he thought it best to try and keep things on track.

It was unfortunate, then, when things quickly escalated.

Before Laskt could launch into the reason he was here, Ulv was already moving, invading his personal space like nobody had for centuries, and making her bold invitation very, very clear even to Laskt’s old-fashioned mindset. The Shinigami flushed to the roots of his hair, coughing a couple times before quickly taking a few steps backward, putting his back to the doorway of Ulv’s home, his mind racing desperately for way out of this situation that wasn’t there.

He stammered slightly, “Moi? J'ai besoin d'aide avec mon demon.” He said quickly, the syllables nearly incomprehensible.You are speaking French idiot. He cleared his throat and tried again, “I am sorry Miss Ulv. What I mean to say is..” He hesitated for a moment, “Do you know of any way of suppressing Hollows within a Shinigami?” He said in a rush, feeling the rush of shame overtake him as it had when he had first awoken from his two week coma so many years ago.
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
From One Vizard to Another Left_bar_bleue398349/999999From One Vizard to Another Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:10 am

ULV AUBER | THE BURNING HEART

"I've got more time than I can ever spend, it's yours your wasting. And when you are me, all afternoons are fine afternoons. If I don't like the weather, I just move the clouds" Ulv explained, stepping back from the stammering man and letting him stammer. He had the same habit as Ulv did, to speak her native tongue when riled or flatfooted emotionally. Still, Mirja had gone to France once and learned the language to flirt with the pretty french girls. Like Kaala, who she never saw again. And that was kind of sad, because Kaala was cute.

"S'agirait-il d'un vrai démon ou d'un démon perçu?" Ulv asked. Not the best accent but still grasping the fundamentals. And then she got the answer to that question in his next breath. And so Ulv just stared at him for a moment and then slapped him upside the head. Not enough to do any real damage but certainly enough for him to notice.

"You could try not thinking them as Demons. They have enough trouble with their innate nature towards darkened, and negative emotions. But imagine if you woke up in a world with no understanding of anything and the hatred of the only person you could ever interact with. Would you be something that is a delight to interact with them?"

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:51 pm

Honorable Vizard

Laskt Matiche

Laskt blinked once, then cocked his head at the woman as Ulv stated she could move the very clouds themselves if she wished it. He almost felt like she was joking with him, but there was no sign of lying in her voice. “You must be very strong zen Miss, I’ve never heard of anyone doing such a zing just because zey didn’t like ze weazer." Laskt said honestly, shuddering inwardly at the sheer power that such a feat would require. If what she was telling the truth, then the rumors passed around Soul Society over alcohol in the dead of night certainly had some validity to them, which was more then Laskt had dared hoped for, and dreaded in equal measure.

For the third time in a minute, Laskt was surprised once again as Ulv broke into his mother tongue, answering his request with a question of her own. He shuddered at the ancient memories of that horrible time when he had fist awoken from his infection, his Hollow driving him to kill, main, conquer! “Un vrai demon madame” He whispered, his voice and eyes haunted by long forgotten memories. The former knight hadn’t thought about those events in centuries, suppressing them much like he had his Hollow in order to keep both his sanity, and what small scraps of pride he had remaining, intact.

He barely reacted as Ulv slapped him upside his head, even when a bruise began to form due to her immense strength, even when holding back. The former Knight was far too distracted by her words rather then her actions. Almost without really thinking about it he began to speak quickly, everything pouring out in a flood. “Ze first time I regained consciousness after having been infected by my Hollow. he immediately tried to compel me to slaughter everyone in ze medical ward, as well as trying to take over my body.” Laskt continued in that same haunted, self-loathing tone his eyes far way, “I never got ze chance to do what you said, my choices were eizer to lock him away or be destroyed for all eternity.” He finished.

The Honorable Vizard wasn’t sure why he was spilling his guts to this woman after so many centuries of keeping this whole thing to himself. Perhaps it was the Hollow within tearing away at his subconscious, releasing memories long since suppressed. Maybe it was the relief at having someone to talk to who was experienced with such matters and wouldn’t avoid him out of fear of contamination. Perhaps it was Ulv’s challenge of his honor and character. Perhaps it was a combination of all three, or none of them Laskt wasn’t sure. After all, the Shinigami barely understood himself in this moment, his psyche so far removed from the controlled, self-contained mask he usually wore.

He looked pleadingly up at Ulv, “I’ve sacrificed everyzing to keep him suppressed, but he is breaking zrough. I don’t mean to beg madame but what do I do?” Laskt asked desperately.

Last edited by Laskt on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:23 am

Ulv listened to the man in front of her talking about his horribly evil Hollow. Which, Ulv couldn't refute. At birth they were beings of pure negativity, existing solely by what horrible shit it could dreg out of you. And that was going to be the shit that would crush the poor knight's ego and self-worth, wasn't it?
"Thing with Hollows is, they don't do anything you aren't already capable of. Don't say anything you weren't already thinking. They are exaggerated beings of emotion, but nothing they ever say or do is a fabrication. You want to do it, deep down. It's basically all your darkest thoughts and emotions come to life to torment you into acting upon them.

Because at birth, that is all they are. A mass of emotion and instinct. It doesn't know what it is doing any more than you know how to pump blood through your body. Plus it's really going to be pissed you locked it in a cage for so long. There is a lot of work that goes into being a a Vizard who actually succeeds in life. You get a lot out of of being a successful Vizard. A great partner and powerful strength"

Ulv, who had been standing still, staring at him while she spoke, crossed her arms and shifted her gaze to be staring more into his soul.
"But if you can't handle the idea that you are less perfect and noble than you have had yourself believe, then I can help you be free of them"

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Honorable Vizard

Laskt Matiche

Raw emotion surged through Laskt’s psyche as he poured out his soul to this woman, long-suppressed fear and regret coming to the fore for the first time in centuries. This wasn’t what he intended, he had meant to come to simply ask Ulv if there were any alternatives to his situation, any newly discovered method or trick to lock Hollows deeper within himself were it couldn’t bother anyone. He needed more time! Laskt knew that he couldn’t beat his Inner Hollow as he was now, never mind permanently destroying it. But somehow, all of his self-control, all of his careful reserved nature had vanished the second Ulv had challenged the concept central to his life for the past several centuries, and the barriers between him and the outside world had come crashing down.

That was why, when Ulv began her explanation, Laskt simply listened numbly as each shock rolled over him. He felt chills run over his body as Ulv explained that rather then his Hollow being an external force planted within his soul, the Hollow had actually just been brought to the fore by that mysterious Arrancar’s actions, and it’s every desire dwelt deep within his own soul. “If what you say is true madame…..how, what am I supposed to do? I can’t trust myself with power if zose are my deepest darkest desires, but I can’t fight off mon demon if I am not strong enough!” He asked desperately, his mind running back through his every encounter with his Hollow at high speeds, remembering each pulse of hatred, each compulsion to slaughter until proven the strongest. Did he truly want such things, even unconsciously? Laskt had devoted his spiritual life to protecting others, even against his own Hollow, and he certainly never desired to slaughter innocents as his Hollow did!

The Shinigami, overwhelmed, bowed his head in shame. “..I had no choice but to lock it away, and if what you say is true madame, perhaps it was better zat I did so. Zat way it or I could not sow chaos.” Laskt felt waves of guilt crash over him as the full responsibility of the situation strike him. He had been right all along to isolate himself, though for different reasons then he had originally thought. His recklessness that fateful day had been ultimately meaningless, as the darkness within had posed almost as great a danger to others before the Hollow had formed.

Laskt would stare down at his feet, “If I did agree zat the Hollow needed to be removed, what would happen?" He asked softly.
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:49 pm

"People don't need Hollows to be vindictive, darling. 14,000 years of war without any Hollows in their souls tells you that just because your darker desires have a voice now, doesn't mean you'll automatically have to follow them. There are plenty of examples of stable Vizards who have friendships or at very least stable relationships with their Hollows. Pride, Fury, all the emotions that are called negative, are important parts of your life. For Pride and Fury, they are emotions that allows you to feel enjoyment in what you do, feel worth in what you have done, and to fuel the desire to press on even when there is no reason outside of your own desire to do so. It is only a bad thing when you lose control of it, allow it to call the shots and you simply along for the ride.

If your desires to protect people and that persona you have made for yourself is simply a facade too bolster your ego, then yes, you've got no chance with the Hollow and need it extracting. But if there is at all a chance you'll be able to live up to who you think you are and resist the knowledge that you are kind of an asshole like everyone else, then I shall teach you"

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:46 pm

Honorable Vizard

Laskt Matiche

“Zere may have been no Hollows in zier souls, but zere was certainly darkness within zem, which is much the same zing as you have told me Madame Ulv” Laskt pointed out, shaking with fear and almost hysterical self-blame. How could he have missed it for all this time? He wasn’t a some gallant knight, isolating himself for all eternity in order to prevent some mystical force from harming others, nor was he even a protector of the innocent. He was the one who thirsted for blood and conflict in the depths of his soul, not his Hollow. He was the one who was willing to slaughter innocents in pursuit of a goal, not some outside force that was implanted into him by the mysterious Arrancar.

It was him, and him alone.

In this swirling tempest of emotions and self-recrimination, Laskt would simply shake his head at Ulv as she explained how many Vizard were able to control their Hollows, and form powerful bonds with their inner demons. “I…I cannot Madame Ulv. I am not strong enough. I cannot let it out or it will consume me, utilizing my own hands to maim and slaughter, my greatest nightmare.” He stated, doggedly refusing to listen to the more reasonable voice in his head that told him the opposite. Within the less emotional side of his brain, he knew that he could do this, but the emphatic half of him was too caught up in his own storm of guilt to listen

What Ulv said next seemed to shock him out of his funk, at least for a moment. A flash of determination appeared in his eyes, “My desire to protect is not a manifestation of my ego, it is what I truly want. What good is power if you cannot use it to ensure ozers live fulfilled and safe lives. Power for power’s sake is not strength. It is selfishness of ze highest caliber.” Laskt’s voice caught on the last word, his momentary burst of determination fading rapidly. Despite his inner turmoil, or, perhaps because of it, the Shinigami knew that these were the truest words he had ever spoken.

Laskt hesitated on his next words, unsure of whether to commit to them. He nodded to himself once, then slowly raised his head, staring Ulv Auber in the eyes. “Neverzeless, knowing what I know now, I must keep my Hollow. If it is truly my darkest self, it is my responsibility to contain and control, not someone else’s.” He said, each word measured, each word honest.“If it escaped, and if it killed even a single person, it will be as if I killed zat being. I cannot allow zat.” He would finish, a flare of determination once again appearing in his eyes. The last few moments had been a storm of emotions, but one thing was still crystal clear to the ancient warrior. He would not allow even the smallest fraction of himself to violate his long-sworn oaths.

Even if the thought of training with it scared the hell out of him
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:25 am

He was certainly a fun rollercoaster to be on, wasn't he? Edgelording like a young Henrex and then blazing with passion and determination to see out the path and the sorta falling somewhere between the two. Well, at least he had got in his feet now, which was good. Still, she wondered if, having locked the Hollow away for so long, he even subdued it in the first place? That was a question to ask. And, having locked it away for some hundred years, he probably needed to do it again when it was released, so far out of synchronicity as he was.

"So. Every Vizard has to go through a process where they initally subdue their Hollow to gain control of their powers. Everything grows out from there, and you can't do anything until you do that. It will suck, because it's a fight with a being that has all your powers and somehow even more. It's rare to beat a Hollow in a head on fight, you gotta be intelligent. Or get some help. I shall be here watching your body and making sure you don't hurt anyone while rampaging. Trust me, you aint getting through these walls"

Ulv snapped her fingers and the walls blazed with an amber light, raging with seemingly impenetrable potency.
"So, go beat Hollow. And when you do, remember they are living beings. Treat them as you'd wish to be treated. Never forget they are dangerous, as you never forget the sword with which you save a hundred lives with, is dangerous. But treat them with respect, with dignity, with honour. Teach them that their views on the world are not all there is, and that you can exist in perfect harmony because the circumstances of your birth are irrelevant. It's what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are"

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum