Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
From One Vizard to Another - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0From One Vizard to Another - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

From One Vizard to Another - Page 2 Empty Re: From One Vizard to Another

Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:37 am

PREPARE TO ENTER THE VIZARD'S POST

Artist: Thomas Bergersen - Song: Illusions

Laskt would listen to Ulv’s explanation of what he needed to do next, his mouth rapidly drying and his palms growing sweaty. He had to…fight his Hollow? Fight a superior version of himself, and win, all the while it was taking control of his body? The former Knight had resigned himself to do whatever was necessary to gain control of Chikai no Uragiru, but fighting it head on was the one thing he had never considered. Laskt knew in the depths of his soul that he couldn’t defeat that deeply corrupted Reiatsu that dwelt within his Inner World, he wasn’t strong enough, he hadn’t had enough training! Laskt stared down at his open hand, then clenched it, his resolve overpowering his self-doubt. If this was what was necessary to prevent his inner darkness given form from killing those surrounding him, he would do it, no matter the cost or risk to himself. That was what he had sworn when he had resolved to come to this, and by his ancient oaths he would stick by it.

“I…I will do it Madame Ulv” He said, very obviously terrified at the thought of the next few minutes but trying his best to overcome it. “I trust you will prevent me from escaping, I doubt even my inner darkness can overcome you.” He said, a weak smile appearing on his face, “I will try what you say, but you must forgive me if my Hollow is….less zen receptive.” Laskt finished, staring Ulv in the eyes for a moment before lowering himself to the floor of the house, crossing his legs as he did so.

The Vizard drew his Zanpaktou, placing it lengthwise across his knees so that the tip rested on one and the hilt on the other. He then placed his palms on both ends of his blade, trying his best to breathe deeply, evenly. It had been so long since Laskt had tried to mediate into his inner world, he wasn’t even sure if he was capable of it any longer. The former knight inhaled deeply, then exhaled gustily trying his best to clear his mind of all lingering doubts. He could do this, he could win! He just had to be true to himself.

In Laskt’s Inner World.

The Vizard’s entrance to his inner world was heralded by a terrific peal of thunder, splitting the sky and revealing the looming form of a great castle high on a mountain, it’s rocky surface slick with the pouring rain. Laskt stood at the base of the structure, staring up at the titanic construction with consternation. When he had entered his Inner World before his Shame, he had appeared in the very throne room of the castle, not where we was now, so far below the castle’s high spires that they were barely visible! On top of that, the skies had been a clear azure blue, not dark with rain as they were now. But then again, it was not exactly like Laskt was confused as to the reason for the changes….

Tightening his cloak around him, Laskt hiking up the side of the mountain with his best possible speed, trying his best not to look at the skeletons of buildings burned to ash, nor the dark shapes that roamed in their ruins. Eventually the reluctant Vizard arrived at the entrance to the mighty castle, clambering over the long-fallen blocks of an ancient watchtower to do so. As another titanic crash of lightning tore the sky asunder, Laskt reached up with a trembling hand, pushing against the massive wooden door.

It didn’t budge.

Laskt, feeling a bit foolish now, tightened his cloak around himself to keep out the freezing rain and pushed hard against the oak door with both hands, only for the doors to, once again, barely move an inch. The Shinigami narrowed his eyes in annoyance,Truly? I can’t even open a single door! The Vizard, angered now at his weakness, practically ripped his blade from its sheath, launching a devastating slice at the infuriating obstacle.

Suddenly, as if by magic, the Vizard now stood on the wet grasses of the training field, Zanpaktou once again in its sheath. Laskt blinked a few times, staring around at his new surroundings, before returning his gaze back down to his empty hands. “Alright zen.” He muttered quietly under his breath. Apparently, his Hollow had developed a sense of humor in its long years of imprisonment, or maybe it simply liked messing with him.

These thoughts were abruptly cut off as a metallic screech rang out across the courtyard, long-rusted chains shrilly protesting their abuse. Laskt turned, his hazel eyes desperately wanting to deny the reality of what they saw.
Spoiler:
A dark figure strode out of the darkness beyond the portcullis, clad in plate mail darker than the night itself. In its hand, a cruel sword, dripping slightly with an inky black substance Laskt didn’t care to identify. I suppose I should try to communicate with him, zat’s what Madam Ulv said to do. The Vizard gulped, clearing his throat several times (which suddenly seemed to be quite dry) then parted his lips.

“Hello?”

The dark figure tilted his head, regarding the shivering Laskt for a few moments, then raised its free hand.

Dark chains launched from it’s left gauntlet like bullets for a gun, moving so fast that it took all Laskt had to simply dodge them. And even then, the Vizard received several light cuts along his left side as the bladed chains snapped past. The former Knight’s expression hardened, Alright zen, guess zis is how zis is going to go. I must hold ze line. No matter how terrified he was, Laskt knew that this was his duty, and drew that fact around himself like a security blanket.

In an instant, Laskt vanished, flash stepping behind his foe and swinging a double handed blow, aiming to cut the Hollow’s left arm clean off! However, even as the blade swung down, the dark figure pivoted on his heel, bringing his cruel dark blade up in a vicious cut, intercepting the downward stroke. Laskt’s eyes widened as he felt the overwhelming, crushing force behind the stroke, sending him flying through a nearby glazed window, crashing into a heavy oak table in the large room beyond.

Groaning, Laskt slowly picked himself up, slowly extricating himself from the bed of shattered glass and splinters where he landed. So powerful! I knew my Hollow was terrifyingly strong, but zis is on a completely different level! The Knight of the Detention Unit thought desperately, his mind desperately trying to find a way out of this horrible situation. Unfortunately, as soon as the Vizard got to his feet, he was once again blown backward by a tremendous force as a magnificently powerful Cero simply leveled the wall between him and his Hollow.

Before he could be smashed to a pulp on the far stone wall however, dark chains ensnared his limbs and neck, capturing him and pulling him out of the ruins of the room, arcing high over the courtyard and smashing back down to the rain-soaked earth. The knight gritted his teeth as the pain shot through him like a hot knife, feeling several ribs break under the terrific force of the impact. Laskt spat blood into the churned mud, then placed one trembling hand into the dirt in preparation to rise, only for an armored boot to stomp down on his back, pressing him back down into the earth.

Negligently, the Hollow flicked his wrist, and the storm cut off like a faucet had been turned, although dark clouds still churned in the sky. Laskt longed to turn, to face his end with honor, but he simply couldn’t move. The demon’s power was simply too overwhelming, and it was all he could do to simply stay conscious.

“I’m apologize my dear friend, but did you truly believe zat zis was going to be a fight?” The Hollow questioned mockingly. Laskt started, he had never heard his Hollow speak before, and it sounded exactly like him! Only….. The Hollow sighed, the sound muffled by his visor"Yes you dimwitted fool, I sound exactly like you. Ze word you are looking for is honest, I don’t have any illusions, unlike you.” The being punctuated this sentence by summoning those chains once more, picking a barely conscious Laskt off the ground, holding him ensnared in mid-air.

The Hollow tilted his head, regarding the struggling Knight, “You deceive yourself, you vow to yourself zat you can restrain me, zat you can do better, be better, and one day I will serve you like you’ve seen other Vizards and zeir Hollows do.” The figure snorted, “Foolishness. I’ve waited ten centuries while you waffled in your pathetic self-blame, waited while you sacrificed your body and potential zat you didn’t deserve, all to lock me away. Waited, while you held yourself back with zat ridiculous moral code, watching fools and children and foolish children all surpass you. And for what? For honor? Because you feel responsible? Or is it just stubborn pride?”

The Hollow’s eyes flashed red under his visor, and a cold unlike anything Laskt had ever known washed over him, seeming to slice deep into his bones. Accompanying it was a wave of despair so overpowering that Laskt audibly slumped in his restraints, only managing to stay sane through sheer force of will. I….I was right. I can’t beat him, I never could! Laskt thought, his thoughts slurring together as he hovered on the edge of death itself. The Hollow smiled a dark, evil smile under it’s helmet, “So? Tell me. What is your answer.”

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
From One Vizard to Another - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999From One Vizard to Another - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:05 am

ULV AUBER | THE BURNING HEART

Taking a seat and calling in a book, she got to reading, because there wasn't much else to do while waiting for Laskt to finish, or fail. She had no real confidence one way or the other. A fight would never work with your Hollow. The fight was symbolic, you had to come to terms with it and understand what it was to truly beat it. Or have a maniac wolf girl zanpaktou offshoot tackle them.
'Yea! Iko is super happy to have tackled Hvit!' Iko exclaimed, before going off to tackle Hvit again. It made Ulv smile softly.

And then, Laskt started hollowfying, but it wasn't Ulv he was going to fight. As it charged her and threw a punch, the punch crashed against the skull-mask of Fenrir, the World-Swallowing Wolf. The massive paw swatted him off his feet like a cat playing with a ball of yarn, while Ulv, read her book.

"Don't kill him, Fenrir. That'll defeat the purpose"

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
From One Vizard to Another - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0From One Vizard to Another - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:07 pm

PREPARE TO ENTER THE VIZARD'S POST

FILLER TEXT HERE

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

As the Vizard bled into the churned mud of the training field, his muddled thoughts attained a strange kind of clarity even as his emotions slid into a resigned sort of terror. Laskt thought back on his life as a Shinigami, the sacrifices he made and the sorrows he endured all for the sole purpose of keeping this monster contained. Maybe his Inner Hollow was right, maybe he was just restraining his inner darkness just because of a stubborn refusal to come to terms with the consequences of his actions, like Ulv herself had said. Laskt wanted to sob but couldn’t: hundreds of years wasted out his own stubborn pride and pigheadedness when the only thing holding his Hollow back from easily overwhelming him was the Hollow’s desire to know the reason behind his stubbornness. It was almost laughable if it were indeed true, although with his enemy’s heavy boot on his back and his body crushed almost beyond the point of breaking, Laskt didn’t much feel like laughing.

Outer World:
As the dark plate of Chikai spread farther and farther across Laskt’s body as the Hollow wrested more and more control over his physical body, Ulv and any others watching would notice the Hollowfied Shinigami growing noticeably more violent and unstable as, deep within his own mind, the reluctant Vizard’s iron resolve begins to slowly waver. Granted, even with the gradual power increase, the Hollowfied warriors was naught but a newborn in front Fenrir, no matter how hard he slashed with his blackened Zanpaktou or struck the being with his full strength. Howling insanely, Laskt flash stepped backward, and a sickening violet light began to emanate from his blade as the Hollow charged an immense amount of energy within to reduce this annoyance to atoms….

Inner World:
The Vizard could barely breathe, barely think as the agony of his body screamed through every synapse and nerve. Laskt’s fingers trembled on the hilt of his sword, finding a moment’s solace in the cool smoothness of the hilt, before the blade slipped from his limp grip. The Hollow just laughed, “It is alright mon ami, I would not expect you be able to respond. In fact, I am highly impressed that you managed to survive zis long.” The dark figure said, his voice cruel but oddly complimentary. Laskt simply closed his eyes, his body felt so…heavy.

The clouds above rumbled, then the sky split asunder.

A column of air erupted from the storm, slamming down into the ground a few meters away from the pair with the insane shrieking of disturbed air. The Hollow was thrown backwards from his prey, bracing an armored arm against the air pressure, his hand scrabbling for his sword. Laskt himself began to drift backward like a limp doll before a hurricane, coming dangerously close to the cliff edge….

All at once the winds cut off, leaving a single solitary figure, standing regally where the tornado once was. Laskt gazed through pain-wracked eyes at the figure, noting the woman’s perfect, unearthly beauty and flawless figure. The Hollow, for his part, ripped his black sword from its sheath, metal scrapping against metal with a shrill scream of protest.

“WHO ARE YOU TO INTERFRERE?” Chikai no Uragiru boomed, the Hollow’s voice unnaturally augmented until it shook the very stones. The strange, beautiful woman gave the Hollow a glance, titling her head slightly. At once, Chikai collapsed to his knees shrieking so loudly that glass shattered across the courtyard. The Hollow’s armor cracked and splintered with several sections collapsing entirely, while the black sword fell into the grass at his knees as the Hollow continued to scream in agony.

The woman sniffed slightly, gracefully turning away from the sight and walking towards the broken Vizard. Laskt glanced up at the proffered hand, immaculate and smooth in it’s flawlessness. “Stand” She said simply, the word perfectly enunciated. Laskt raised a single trembling hand, wincing at the fresh pain the motion produced. The woman sniffed again, taking the Knight’s hand and hauling him to his feet like one might a disobedient child. “Foolish prideful boy, you restrained this rude soul for this long only to try and engage a foe that clearly outmatches you on your own? Pride is not solitary There is a reason a lion's pack is called such, because pride knows when to call for help. When one dies, they die, and no amount of pride, self-confidence or self-sacrifice will change a thing. You will be dead, your pride deemed foolish.” The woman lectured.

Laskt glanced at her, “I apologize for my foolishness Madame, but I could not bear exposing anyone else to zis threat. It is my burden, and shame.” The woman sighed, “Child, one does not atone by driving themselves to death. It is only when one truly acknowledges their faults and moves on regardless that one truly atones.” She pointed a finger at him, “I will not defeat this foe for you. That is your duty. But to truly extinguish this threat, you must draw upon your partner that slumbers within.” And, just like that, the beautiful figure vanished in an eyeblink.

The Vizard stared at the spot where the woman vanished for a few moments, deprived of speech. Laskt had no illusions about his own strength: he had been surpassed many a time. But for someone to nearly kill Chikai with a mere glance…..it was utterly terrifying to think about. Unfortunately, the thought seemed to remind his body of his wounds, and Laskt swayed, gritting his teeth against the pain, somehow managing to stoop down and retrieve his blade.

Unfortunately, the brief pause had given Chikai no Uragiru time to recover, and the Hollow creaked to his knees, wounds closing rapidly. Laskt thought the Hollow would launch into another one of his rants, but the beast simply growled, raising a hand. At once, the cold and overpowering despair returned as the Hollow summoned his powers, focusing the energy into three floating spears of pure ice. The Hollow grinned, his smile visible in his cracked helm.“I won’t kill you, but I will make you suffer for that!” It shouted, flicking his wrist and launching the spears. Laskt parried the first and batted the away the second with the flat of his blade. The third he barely managed to dodge, the tip grazing his side.

Laskt fell to one knee, using his blade to prop himself up. The Hollow sighed, “You still resist? You must realize such a thing is futile, yet you still waste energy that you should save for the coming days of pain.” The Hollow raised a hand almost negligently, summoning a blast of frost that was sure to end the Shinigami’s resistance, leaving his mind enslaved forever.

The Vizard stared down the oncoming doom and closed his eyes. The Vizard felt tears leak out from under his closed eyelids, his fingers biting into his palms and drawing blood. It was not his death that made him grieve so, but rather his failure. Blinded by pride, by shame and regret, he had locked away this thing for centuries, never trying to understand it past the fact that its presence was a threat. Maybe if he had tried to interact with Chikai other than smothering it in his spiritual energy, it would have not grown so hateful, so unbearably powerful. Laskt had created this demon, raised it in fear, so it was his duty to bear whatever punishments it saw fit. Finally, at peace, Laskt smiled as the Hollow unleashed his blast.

From the summit of the world, a fire alights.

A blast of flame exploded from Laskt’s body clashing with the chaotic ice, the two forces cancelling each other out on every conceivable level. The Vizard gasped as if awakening for the first time, feeling a new surge of energy arise from within, holy flames trailing from his fingers, his grip on his blade becoming sure once more.

Chikai stumbled backwards, utterly shocked at the new surge of power.“No….NO! I KILLED YOU!” It shrieked, flinging ice spears and blasts of icy wind at the burning Vizard, as well as launching another wave of despair, of hopelessness, of loss. Laskt got to his feet, undaunted by the assault, countering each assault with more of his holy flame bursting forth from within. The Hollow stumbled backwards, “What, what are you?” It asked softly. Laskt closed his eyes, then opened them, the irises shining with a burning inner flame. “What am I?” He asked softly, feeling his spirit and mind unite in answer, “I am a watcher upon ze rim.”

Speechless and enraged, Chikai summoned all of his remaining energy, concentrating it in a point, a Cero to wipe Laskt off the face of the earth. Impassively, Laskt watched the buildup, listening to the Hollow’s insane laughter and incoherent threats, only for the weakened castle wall behind the Hollow to crumble, and collapse under the pressure, entombing his foe in rock.

The Vizard limped over to the rubble as the dust settled, wincing at every step. Miraculously, and impossibly, Chikai had somehow managed to stay conscious, weakly attempting to pry the rubble off him. Laskt stopped where he stood, raising a trembling hand and summoning a sphere of white fire, the flames licking his fingers like the tongue of an eager dog. “I am sorry Hollow, for what I did to you, the centuries of imprisonment, the isolation, the denial of your goals. I see now that that was wrong.” He apologized quietly, knowing that the words meant nothing.

Chikai no Uragiru laughed, the sound a harsh and disillusioned one. “I believe we both know ze meaninglessness of those words. You cannot even claim to have won zis mandate fairly, you had to resort to methods zat shattered your precious honor to defeat me. You are no knight.” The Hollow spat. Surprisingly, Laskt nodded, “I know I have failed. But if that is what it takes to purge the world of your depravity, I will do it without hesitation. I may be responsible for your state, but zat only makes it my responsibility to fix it. If I must burn you out of my soul to do zis, I will do so, even if it means losing my powers. Zat is my resolve.”

The two stared each other down for several moments, the holy flame casting dancing shadows on their faces. Chikai no Uragiru growled, then bowed his head. “I submit, you win this contest. However, do not think me an ally. All you have proved is that you need assistance to beat my ideals, not the other way around.” Laskt said nothing, his face firm. He raised his hand to annihilate his Hollow, but something stopped him. Guided by some instinct, Laskt took the flames, and twisted them, manipulating them in a intricate pattern that he wasn’t even sure he would be able replicate. The wounded Hollow was bound in a cage of pure flame, imprisoning him….for the moment. Laskt nodded to himself once, then fainted.

Outer World:
As the dark figure swung down his sword to unleash his Cero blast, the Hollowfied Shinigami suddenly stopped, clutching at his head and roaring in agony. The dark armor shattered, revealing a swaying Laskt, who proceeded to do what he did best. Collapse.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Laskt on Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
From One Vizard to Another - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999From One Vizard to Another - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:33 am

ULV AUBER | THE BURNING HEART

Charging up a Cero, the wolf was not deterred and instead showcased the fact that it too, could Flash Step. Or, move so fast that the difference meant nothing in practice. And from there it would clamp it's jaws around the sword and, much like it's mythological counterpart, bite down on the sword. While not Supercharged towards Durability, Ulv's tulpa powers were such that it was still beyond what even a Hollowfied Laskt's Cero could do to it's internals. However, the contest was did not reach frutition, because after Ulv felt Hvit go off on a jaunt for a few moments, the hollowfication ceased, and Laskt collapsed from the ordeal.

"Fisticuffs, huh?" Ulv asked.
'Yep. Not that you were any better. Intelligent decisions are short in that area' Hvit replied.
"Pfft, I was kicking your ass, darling" Ulv's tone was a teasing one as she despawned the Wolf and moved to pick up Laskt.
'Ohh? I am open for any rematch you want to have' Hvit exclaimed, giving a haughty laugh.
Reign it in, girls. I will not have you breaking my inner world again boomed the thunderous voice of Beowulf, and that was the end of it. He was really big, after all.

So Ulv put Laskt to bed, and let him sleep off his fatigue. Tomorrow was another day.

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum