Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Starman Left_bar_bleue0/0Starman Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Starman Empty Starman

Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:09 am
Starman 241113

Minatumi Harbor. Judging by her stoic expression, it did not appear to be a place that held sacred familiarity nor fond memory to the crimson-haired woman entering the boundary of the city. In fact, she had hardly ever known about the harbor before she was unceremoniously forced into a coma. From her vantage point, locations within this area were still undergoing construction. As such, she felt she could move unhindered without too much focus being placed her way. Her clothing indicated such intent - as her clothes consisted of a black-leathered hoodie, a white tank top shirt, a steel-studded choker, jean shorts, and black-stripe thigh-high socks.

To some degree, it wasn’t a particularly amazing set of clothing and her appearance may have very well seemed archaic compared to the citizens of the town. Retro fashion was in her blood amongst other things, to say nothing of music.

Place a few songs on the radio from the ’80s and you'd catch the most heavenly glimpse of a smile on her face. Hell, throw a few games from Super Nintendo in her face and you would be her best friend. This, however, was not her beloved eighties. The modern world was not the same one she remembered that was on the cusp of major technological advancement - it had advanced far beyond that.

Centuries of coma-induced slumber had stifled any opportunity of truly exploring every vast corner of the world that existed but her familiarity would seemingly be enough to maintain clarity when undertaking such travels - that is until she stepped through the middle of a town that was clearly making transitions towards rebuilding the Harbor. A derisive smirk formed across her lips; Such was her awkward process of becoming reacquainted with a world she had been away from for years.

It was odd to be so unaccustomed to the current world events. According to her sister, the Karakura Defenders and Yuudeshi Network were no longer the only groups focused on the protection of earth. There were countless heroes across the realm and newly-formed organizations, collectives, and alliances. Lux Orior? Vastime? Guild of Heroes? There were so many things her mind needed to comprehend and yet time did not seem to be easily afforded to her. During her conversations with Midori, she had warned her that war would soon be approaching.

Midori knew her sister was well-equipped but would she have time to become familiar with her skill? It's execution? Magic was easy enough, Iori supposed. Plop open a book or go to your run-of-the-mill, creepy abandoned warehouse and draw magic circles, provide animal sacrifices, and you'd be fine in no time. Hubris aside, Iori knew she was easily capable of handling her significant array of spells but her body was the uncertainty that could spell her fall into the abyss. Missteps in the heat of battle often ended in death. Even for one moment, she had to humble herself and know that her recovery beyond the coma could theoretically take a long time, which meant she’d have to watch battles from the sideline.

In her eyes, it was like telling your star player on a sports team he’d have to watch all the big dogs play in an eventful game, forcing themselves to do nothing but cheer and support them from the sidelines. Brushing those thoughts aside, it was time to travel around and sate her curiosity. Her presence here was not merely to tour around the harbor. According to Midori, Ulv Auber was the mayor of this town. Iori was rarely invested in social interaction but it went against her code of honor to not properly thank someone for their own honorable act. Truth be told, that was the entire reason explaining her presence in this town.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:28 am; edited 6 times in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Starman Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Starman Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Starman Empty Re: Starman

Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:54 am

ULV AUBER | THE BURNING HEART

The city was a magnificent thing. As soon as Iori entered it's limits, she could feel an uplifting emotional feel in the very air, something strong and powerful that resonated with the flame in her heart that had ignited when Ulv raised her from that coma. A barely perceivable amber haze covered the place, and the buildings were more obviously amber coloured. Stare into their walls long enough, and you could even see a fire crackling from within the stone. This place was definitely more than just normal buildings. And any energy sensitive being could see even further than that, as the power signature of nearly every race imaginable was evident inside the Harbour. Clearly, this was a melding pot of every refugee that could make it here. The buildings rose taller into the sky than they should, the city was more vast than the landmass it covered, and it throbbed with a life as if it was going to uproot from the island and rush into the horizon in pursuit of some deeply held dream. But even then, to the person who felt such outside feelings to be cheating, for one who wished to rely on himself, and to know everything he did in life was his own, the great power of the city would be distant. Visible, notable, but effecting one as much as the gentle lapping waves of the Harbour effected The Sun.

As for Ulv, she was less than spectacular, as she was found in her house on the hill, door open and talking to a mad-scientist type guy. And a truly massive cow was in front of them, twice the size of a normal cow.
"Mayor Auber! I bring you my new invention. The mutant Super-Cow! It can run like a bolt of lightning, strike it's enemies with steel-hard horns, and it's muscles are bigger than a man is wide! It is truly a marvel to face on the battlefield! And with it's special Hetrodyne Gut, it needs half the fuel of a normal cow!" The man spoke with emphatic enthusiasm.
"Lovely. The problem is, I asked you to make this for the sake of food, not a Bovine WMD. So I am going to need you to remove the running, the steel horns, the massive muscles, and just have me a large cow we can eat" Ulv replied, her tone soft and somewhat amused.
"I....but...Mayor Auber.....can I at least show you the Cow's capabilities on this trespasser?" The scientist asked, pointing to Iori.
"Ohh, Hhy Iori. Do you want to fight a cow?" Ulv asked, giving her a coy grin.

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:02 am
Starman 241113

"Oi! Do I look like a trespasser to you!?" Iori exclaimed loudly, as she pointed her finger at the mad scientist Ulv was conversing with. The pleasant emotions she had felt as she traveled through the city were quickly forgotten about as she could not quite grasp the oddity of the situation. Her only desire was to formally meet the Mayor and now some scientist freak wanted her to engage in a contest of combat with a giant cow!? Oh, how a part of her desired to simply walk in the opposite direction and not be apart of this tomfoolery! An exasperated sigh had left her lips as she gazed upon the giant animal. Iori was not entirely fond of the thought of fighting a cow.

It made her feel somewhat like a test dummy but it seemed like it'd be a silly story to take home to her sister. Shrugging with casual indifference, she nodded assent, confirming that she would indeed fight this leviathan of a cow.

"I'll humor this scientist of yours and get this over with quick, so I can move on to more serious engagements - like having a conversation with you, Ulv. " Directing her attention to the mad scientist and the cow, she waited to see how the events of this day would unfold. At least it wouldn't be boring.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:39 am

Ulv looked Iori up and down for a few seconds before nodding her ascent.
"Yea, you do. Like some Super-Vintage Hooligan here to steal our cows" Ulv spoke, looking to the Scientist, who looked to Ulv. They both nodded and then stepped out of the way to let Iori fight the cow. The scientist wasn't exaggerating, as the cow took off with a shot, rapid Bovine Missile Attack charging towards Iori with such unexpected speed that one could easily be caught off guard. And were it to hit, the creature's immense bulk and great strength would ensure it was not an easy hit to talk.

"You know, there might be something to this Bovine Defence Force. Uma would certainly be interested if nothing else. Can you teach them to walk on their hind legs and wield halberds?" Ulv asked the scientist. Probably the wrong thing to ask because his eyes were aglow with passion and zeal for this new test and scurried off to start SCIENCE! in his lab.

"Cannan does find the strangest people...."

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:21 am
Starman 241113

Even though she was a magician who dabbled in the mystical, esoteric, and eldritch nature of the world ---In truth, none of it quite compared to fighting a cow! For Christ's sake, how unusual could this day get?!

What was meant to be a genuine visit and extending her gratitude to Ulv, was now a match between herself and a fierce bovine? Merely uttering the word fierce and bovine in the same sentence seemed to make this hysterical situation all the more surreal. Was she really about to engage in combat with a cow? Focused upon the cow, she assumed the horse stance, preparing herself for the oncoming engagement.

The horse stance was the lynchpin that constituted a variety of martial arts in China. It was a popular stance within her specific form of martial art prowess, Bājíquán. However, before she could properly settle into her stance, the mighty cow was off to the races.

Iori's eyes widened in shock as the bovine appeared before her eyes in a flash, taking off with immense speed. Within seconds, the cow was already smashing its body against Iori's tall frame. Iori held her arms up at the moment the cow slammed its immense bulk against Iori's body, sending her several meters backward.

There was no denying that underestimating this opponent would bear just as much promise as waiting for the lottery. He was no ordinary bovine, according to the mad scientist. Positioning her body into the dragon stance, Iori shuffled around the Cow, searching for an opening that would subdue this wild beast and allow her to continue her day unhindered.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:38 am; edited 4 times in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:12 am

It was a fast cow, and a strong cow. Wouldn't do much for high tier opponents, but that was why Ulv had Demonica, Mifune, and herself. Getting these cows out, maybe some Mil-Tac armour from Vastime or another source, and she'd have a good baseline defence force against human and near-human level invaders. Plus, they were cows, and who expected their assault force to get blitzed by a herd of cows? Still, Ulv kicked off after it blasted Iori some meters backwards, and landed on the Cow's back, channeling her Menacing Devil Arms to soothe it's temper and calm it down.

"Excellent! Your contribution to the Bovine Defence Force shall not be forgotten, Iori!" Ulv smiled and led the cow out of the door, it was smart enough to make it's own way back to the pastures. "So, you have come here for a reason other than testing the combat capabilities of a Super-Cow, yes?" Ulv asked, heading over to make the cups of tea while she waited for Iori to speak. It was not every day you got to fight with a giant super-cow capable of catching you off guard and knocking you on your ass. So it was a day for tea.

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:18 pm
Starman 241113

The unruly cow seemed as though it was preparing for another mighty charge until Ulv intervened, landing atop its back and soothing the beast through her supernatural technique. Iori turned her head, an embarrassed pout clear upon her face as she cursed the fact she couldn't finish that large bovine off with a single strike.

As she expected, her body was still not quite yet accustomed to combat. Her inflictions and injuries were completely healed but familiarity with combat was shoddy at best.

Even though she was hardly fond of being used as a temporary test-subject, there was some sliver of humor to be found in the end. Ulv let the cow outside of the door, where he would return to his own pasture to eat whatever mutated crap made it gigantic in the first place.

She had lived through countless time periods but rarely ever seen a bovine that humongous. Turning her focus towards Ulv, she nodded as she gazed at the mighty woman preparing tea. Warm tea wasn't her first beverage that came to mind, but it was a familiar one. Recalling memories of how her father would teach her how to prepare tea during the short-lived normalcy of her life in 1940's Japan made the crimson-haired woman sigh softly as she waited for the tea to be finished. In the meantime, she would provide an explanation. Nothing too extravagant, truth be told.

"I wished to become more familiar with you and fully extend my gratitude for not only resuscitating my body from its coma but extending mercy to my sister. As a woman who wears honor wholly upon her sleeves, I am not one to let such kindness go unrepaid. "

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:32 pm

"As a woman who has a goal like mine, foolish and impossible though that goal may be, I am not one to ask for reparations for my deeds. They are done because they need to be done, and no other reason. Midori needed help, not punishment, and you were the best one to do it. Though I am sure Shadin is well capable of giving you the best housing Karakura has to offer, you are always welcome to come here if you want some time away from anything" Ulv told Iori, handing over the cup of tea and necking her own with a long swing. She then tossed it over her shoulder, but rather than the thing clatter to the floor and break, it seemed to catch an updraft of wind and gently float to the sink.

Ulv then clicked on a pair of amber manacles and the oppressive might she had was dropped radically, becoming little more than a normal human being's output.
"Midori tells me you are quite skilled at the art of fighting. I'm going to go out on some roadwork myself, there is something I am chasing that requires a lot of work put into it. And Ursa Takkeyeon is hell on legs that aren't kept up to spec"

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:16 am
Starman 241113

Ulv prepared the tea as she spoke to Iori, of how she needed no reparations for her kindness and did it precisely because it was the correct course of action to take, as this war did not need any casualties between its heroes. To Iori, even though she hardly doubted her sister's skills as a warrior, against someone of Ulv's caliber and with her weakened mind, she would've stood no chance.

If the crimson-haired sovereign had to compare the two through strength of mind, it was as if Ulv was a grand mountain towering over Midori, who felt like a pebble before Ulv's willpower - in fact, her sister even noted how envious she was of people like Ulv and herself who could stand in the face of adverse condition and spit right in its eye.

To wit, Iori solemnly agreed with the notion. Midori would learn in time... how to develop that strength. Iori believed she certainly could with enough practice and a little more backbone.

The amber-haired woman handed Iori her cup of tea as she sat down. Iori held the cup before her nostrils, breathing in the aromatic scent of the tea as she relaxed her muscles. Tea was nostalgic for many reasons - some she wished to forget and others held in fond memory. An inquisitive smirk formed upon her face as she gazed in Ulv's direction.

"She likewise told me the same of you and how you dominated her during your spar. I'm fairly proficient in a multitude of martial disciplines... but Bājíquán and Wing-Chun are two who hold a fair amount of favoritism within my heart. Come to think of it, even though I'm somewhat advised not too, familiarizing myself with my fighting technique, physical movement, and reflexive physiology would do wonders in a spar. In other words, I accept. Fellow martial artists are difficult to come by nowadays. " Iori was correct. As she was one born in an era where supernatural combat was not yet prevalent, she had trained herself in more than the mystical arts.

She had never mastered an artform but became a versatile practitioner of many. Her philosophy on martial arts systems had been adopted from Bruce Lee. She never met the man in person but studied him and his approach. To cast away what is useless and use only what is necessary.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:56 am

"Ahh, Bājíquán. Never looked to Wing Chun, it didn't have what fit my style. But Bājíquán, Changquan, and Muay Thai and a few others I cant remember off of my head all got put into Wolf-Fu, Mirja's unique fighting style. She took bits that she wanted out of a lot of combat styles and then compressed it into something that fit her. And from that style I took what suited me and added it to Ssamsu Takkeyeon, which ultimately leads to my style. Ursa Takkeyeon. Reinforced by the Dragon Tiger Gate stance from old Wulin, and I do pretty well on the fighting front" Ulv explained, the lengthy history of her current state of combat being told before heading to the door.

"I've got a nice beach front if you feel you can go for a good jog. Not sure about Wing Chun, but Bājíquán requires a good lower body strength to be able to put all the step-in force into the shoulders and elbows. Bo-Bup would probably also be good for a blow, if you can make sure they won't move or take advantage of your moving" Ulv told Iori, pulling open the massively heavy door and gesturing with her head.

RESOLVE FLAME | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum