» Name Of Character:
Laskt » Link To Character: http://www.platinumhearts.net/t19882-laskt-matiche-vizard-4-4-d-hazard» Upgrading:
- Willpower to Advanced
- Durability to Advanced
- Focus to Adept
Additionally, just a small edit on my Sealed from power, changing them from the volume of a large room to building, to reflect his increased power
As Laskt’s connection with his Zanpaktou is still relatively weak, these flames have several major weaknesses. The Vizard can only create a limited amount of these flames, about the size of a large building in volume, at a time.
In addition, rapid use of these flames is extremely exhausting on the Vizard’s energy reserves, as well as being difficult for Laskt to precisely control. Despite these weaknesses, the Flame of Tar Valon is an extremely useful ability for the swordsman, and is a good starting point for additional abilities.
As well as » Shikai Release Phrase:
Protect them all, Seinaru Jūjigun!» Shikai Appearance:
Laskt’s Zanpaktou begins to glow a deep blue, the light growing brighter and brighter until it is difficult to look at the sword, or, indeed, Laskt himself. The incandescent blade shifts, morphing into a long halberd. The shaft of the weapon is crafted simply, formed out of blued steel without any excessive ornamentation. The haft of the weapon ends in a long, needle-sharp point, with curved crescent blades extending from either side of the end of the weapon. Laskt’s clothes change as well, morphing from his usual black cloak to a thick gambeson, sturdy leather boots and breeches. These clothes, like the armor pieces to follow, are far from pristine, torn, worn and splattered with dried blood in places
» Shikai Abilities: Journey of the Knight:
- Shikai Appearance :
Laskt’s Shikai is very unusual, in that, upon its activation, it gives no real benefits to him other than the shift of his weapon’s form. The Shikai requires time to “warm-up”, symbolizing one’s journey from trainee to full knighthood. Upon each post that passes, Laskt gains a single Honor Stack, which in turns allows him to access more and more of his Shikai’s powers as more armor manifests upon him.Enhanced Spiritual Power:
As one would expect from a release form, activating Laskt's shikai leads to more of his power being drawn out. However, this increase in power does not manifest immediately, in accordance with his Shikai's structure. However, as more and more armor arrives, Laskt's spiritual power rapidly increases in potency.Armor of the Paladin:
Laskt’s armor is not merely decorative or a power indicator but provides him powerful defensive enhancements. For every two armor pieces that he manifests, all incoming physical damage is reduced by 10 percent before striking Laskt himself (4 pieces 20%, 6 piece 30% etc). If the opponent is more then two tiers above him however, this bonus is cut in half. Laws of Honor:
In addition to his gain of one Honor stack per turn, Laskt also can also gain honor stacks if certain rules are broken within his general vicinity (same thread), usually across a local combat zone. If Laskt himself breaks any of these rules, he loses one honor stack, possibly losing armor pieces as well Said rules include:
Branch 1: Lower Body–
- To protect the weak and defenseless. For every innocent person killed within Laskt’s vicinity, he gains one honor stack. Innocents are defined as individuals who are unable to defend themselves and have not killed out of malice.
- Never to refuse a challenge from an equal. For every person who refuses to fight Laskt that is within his tier, that is reasonably able to engage him, Laskt gains an honor stack.
- Never to turn the back upon a foe. If anyone attempts to flee from a battle Laskt is participating in, Laskt gains an honor stack
- To eschew unfairness, meanness and deceit. If anyone attempts to lie or unfairly deceive an opponent within a battle Laskt is participating in, he gains an Honor stack. Lying extends to illusions an opponent is using to deceive another, but Laskt only gains one per illusion.
This level consists of armor protecting Laskt’s lower body, including greaves, poeyns and cuisses.Enhanced Speed –
This armor section grants Laskt a significant increase in raw speed, allowing him to move at and react to speeds much higher than what he is normally capable of. This boost is roughly a tier in magnitude up until Elite, after which it boosts speed by a decent amount, but not by a full tier.Hold Fast –
This ability represents Laskt’s refusal to run, and how this example can lead others to gain honor in standing their ground. The ability functions as an area of effect buff to his allies, working as a limited defense against outside influences such as fear amplification and emotional manipulation. The effectiveness of this bulwark varies depending on Laskt’s tier when compared with the opponent’s, as well as their willpower rank. If the opponent is more than two levels of willpower above Laskt, then the ability will be limited in effectiveness.Branch 2: Left Arm of the Defender –
This level consists of armor encasing Laskt’s left arm, including the vambrace, couter and rerebrace.Mirrorwall Bastion:
Upon gaining this armor piece, Laskt materializes a mirrored shield on his left arm. This shield grants Laskt the capability to 'expend' a stack of Honor to 'store' an attack based on it's destructive power. For every Honor Stack Laskt expends, he can store up to 30% of an incoming attack’s force if the opponent is within the same tier as him. If the opponent is a tier below him, he can store 40% of the attack, and if the opponent is a tier above him, 20%. The Bastion can store up to five hostile attacks before becoming saturated. Attacks released from the Mirrorwall act at the same potency as when they were released and cannot be altered, diminished or otherwise enhanced by Laskt. The remainder of the attack hits Laskt’s armor and then is calculated as normal.» Why: http://www.platinumhearts.net/t20800-into-the-parlor-madness-rising-splithttp://www.platinumhearts.net/t20754-ancient-protections-against-the-raving-dead-madness-capital-dead-rising
To go upgrade by upgrade:
- Willpower - Even though he was insane and half hollowfied, Laskt was able to at least somewhat keep fighting Reina and his inner world, and kept driving himself forward. In addition, he took an insane amount of abuse throughout the fight, and managed to stay conscious as the wounds mounted.
- Durability See above. He got the absolute shit beaten out of him and didn't die. Several severe burns, broken leg, wrenched arm and survived the blowback of a couple sword clashes and got chucked through a few buildings
- Focus Laskt was able to keep up with Reina's superior speed for a minute or two despite the aforementioned insanity and half-hollowfication
- Tier Aside from the inherent bonus he got from going insane like JJ said in the main event thread, he did manage to keep up with a 2-4 for a few seconds, as well as having the energy to nuke a sizable chunk of the zombies and fight off his more powerful Inner Hollow
The Shikai is more me running this through the approval process in advance. Laskt still has to go through a lot of shit to get his shikai. I realize that this is a bit strong perhaps for a Beginner Shikai, and I am more then willing to make changes and nerfs according to staff guidance! This is my first release form on site after all lol.