Regnun Caelorum et Gehanna
Joined : 2010-07-09
¥ Yen : 326276035
Posts : 2895
Karma : 25
Age : 22
Location : Somewhere
|Subject Post 1Subject: James Bond [Approved, 5-1] Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:49 pm|| |
- Name: Bond. James Bond.
- Titles: 007
- Age: 34
- Gender: Male
- Affiliation/Rank: MI6
- Appearance Description: Bond's physical description has generally been consistent: slim build; a three-inch long, thin vertical scar on his right cheek; blue-grey eyes; a "cruel" mouth; short hair, a comma of which falls on his forehead. Physically he is described as 183 centimetres (6 feet) in height and 76 kilograms (167 lb) in weight. Bond also had the faint scar of the Russian cyrillic letter "Ш" (SH) (for Shpion: "Spy") on the back of one of his hands
- Appearance Picture:
- Personality: Bond professes limited memories of his youth in Europe. He is not nostalgic, but lives firmly in the present. He has only vague notions or thoughts about old age and retirement, which he does not seem to think he will live to see. Bond does not fear death. Although he convincingly claims never to have contemplated suicide, Bond has a remarkable willingness to take near fatal risks.
Bond is solitary. He does not console himself by surrounding himself with others. His athletic pursuits tend to be solitary: running, skiing, hiking, swimming, diving, and most remarkably, climbing. During a stint at the University of Geneva under an exchange program with Fettes, Bond led an expedition to the very mountain where his parents had died. Bond climbed it with friends and apparently never told them of his personal and tragic link to the location.
Bond enjoys pushing himself to the limit, both mentally and physically. Bond’s stress levels actually drop when the stakes are higher. He is prone to boredom and mild depression when not challenged. Bond enjoys drinking and gambling, although the former seems to be a way for him to test his personal limits at times rather than a vice. Bond has been known to gamble more than he can afford to lose, although he always gambles with a plan and a clear understanding of the odds.
Bond has strong interpersonal skills. He can act comfortably in many situations, but does not seek out companionship except, most notably, for sexual recreation. Bond’s lone wolf personality-type tends to attract others.
Bond is goal-oriented, but he often seeks these goals in an indirect and secretive way. He has kept many areas of his life meticulously compartmentalized, never allowing the emotional issues from the loss of his family or from relationships to intrude on his professional life. Bond seems to have an emotional and mental need for multiple layers of reality. He thrives when not revealing all of himself, carefully organizing the aspects of his personality he reveals to others. Thus Bond is excellent as burying information he does not wish to reveal, making him a very good security risk if questioned under almost any circumstance.
Bond seeks structure in his life. He is a man of pattern and habit. He has acquired strong tastes. This is a potential security risk. Bond both thrives under structure yet finds subtle ways of rebelling against it. He is not self-destructive, but he can be a challenge to his superiors. Bond uses humor as a shield and a weapon. He is skilled at making cutting remarks that reveal insecurities of others or mock death, danger and risk.
Most importantly, Bond is deeply loyal to institutions. After his parents’ death, Bond embraced his British and Scottish roots. His concept of his nationality is a large part of his identity. This is reflected in some of his social attitudes, which seem to embrace a British identity of the not too distant past. When pressed, Bond seems to identify with the notion of helping to “protect the realm”, of “serving the monarch” and the ideals embodied in the mythic notion of St. George.
For his non-alcoholic drinks Bond eschews tea, calling it "mud" and blaming it for the downfall of the British Empire. He instead prefers to drink coffee. When in not on a mission, Bond dines simply on dishes such as grilled sole, oeufs en cocotte and cold roast beef with potato salad. When on a mission, however, Bond eats more extravagantly.
Bond is a heavy smoker, at one point smoking 70 cigarettes a day. Bond has his cigarettes custom-made by Morland of Grosvenor Street, mixing Balkan and Turkish tobacco and having a higher nicotine content than normal; the cigarettes have three gold bands on the filter. The three gold bands on the filter were added to mirror his naval Commander's rank. Bond carried his cigarettes in a wide gunmetal cigarette case which carried fifty; he also used a black oxidised Ronson lighter. On average, Bond smokes sixty cigarettes a day, although he cut back to around twenty five a day after his visit to a health farm.
Bond occasionally supplements his alcohol consumption with the use of other drugs, for both functional and recreational reasons: Bond consumes a quantity of the amphetamine benzedrine accompanied by champagne,before his bridge game with Sir Hugo Drax (also consuming a carafe of vintage Riga vodka and a vodka martini); he also uses the drug for stimulation on missions, such as swimming across Shark Bay, or remaining awake and alert when threatened in the Dreamy Pines Motor Court.
While the world is far from black and white to James Bond, he does tend to see it in stark terms of chaos and order, tradition and change. Bond has chosen to identify with order and tradition.
Soul Evolution Powers
- Natural Attributes:
- Master Marksman: Bond, as a 00 agent, is accurate shot to near-impossible distances, even with a handgun. This is because his entire body is trained to kill or to wound, depending on the situation. This also applies to knife-throwing.
- Hand-to-Hand Expert: Bond is an expert in MI6's own martial arts training program. It is much like the US Marine's own program, except MI6's is actually meant for any kind of clothing. It also, because of MI6's duties, is meant to use anything and everything Bond can get his hand on as well as the environment. This means everything from grabbing a broken pipe to knocking an opponent through a door to break a grapple.
- Expert Analyzer: Bond is no genius, but he does have above-average marks on being able to analyze codes and patterns. He has to think on a moment's notice as well, thanks to his job.
- Diving Expert: Being a former member of the Royal Navy, Bond is very talented in diving. He can hold his breath for an above-average ten minutes.
- Superhuman Endurance: Bond may not be able to run much faster than a normal human, but he can run farther. He can last in an endurance-style marathon, as well as long fights.
- Racial Powers: Bond only has one power, known as Master of Disguise. This allows him to take on one of six other appearances, vocal tones, and other quirks. This allows him to remain a vital threat against any who oppose MI6.
- Background: Andrew Bond of Scotland and Monique Delacroix-Bond of Switzerland were James Bond's parents. Not much is known and he rarely speaks on them. He had acquired a first-class command of the French and German languages during his early education, which he received entirely abroad. James' parents were tragically killed during a climbing accident in the French Alps when he was eleven. After the death of his parents, Bond goes to live with his aunt, Miss Charmian Bond, where he completes his early education. Later, he briefly attended Eton College at "12 or thereabouts", but is removed after two halves because of girl trouble with a maid. After being sent down from Eton, Bond was sent to Fettes College in Scotland, his father's school.
After leaving Fettes, Bond studied at Cambridge University. There, he achieved a first in Oriental languages. Bond briefly attended the University of Geneva, before being taught to ski in Kitzbühel. Following his graduation, Bond joined the Ministry of Defence and became a lieutenant in the Royal Naval Volunteer Reserves. He rose though the ranks to commander. Bond applied to M for a position within the "Secret Service", part of the Civil Service, and rose to the rank of principal officer. Bond gained his 00 status in Prague not long after.
In Prague, James Bond corners and kills corrupt MI6 section chief Dryden and his underworld contact, earning his double-O status. In his first mission as Agent 007, Bond pursues an international bomb-maker named Mollaka in Madagascar. After a parkour chase across the city to the Nambutu embassy, Bond killed his target... but blew up a part of the embassy to enable his escape.
He obtained Mollaka's mobile phone and discovers that it has received an SMS from Alex Dimitrios, an associate of Le Chiffre--an illegal banker--in the Bahamas. Bond travels there, wins Dimitrios's Aston Martin DB5, and seduced Dimitrios's wife, Solange Dimitrios, who revealed that her husband is flying to Miami on business. Bond followed him to Miami, where he killed Dimitrios, and observed Le Chiffre's henchman, Carlos, leaving for the Miami International Airport. There, Bond foiled Le Chiffre's plan to destroy the prototype Skyfleet airliner while managing to kill Carlos, leaving the banker with a major financial loss, since he had shorted and bought put options on Skyfleet stock, which then expired worthless.
Now under pressure to recoup his clients' money, Le Chiffre set up a high-stakes poker tournament at Casino Royale in Montenegro. Hoping that a defeat would force Le Chiffre to aid the British government in exchange for protection from his creditors, MI6 entered Bond into the tournament. He met up with René Mathis, his ally in Montenegro, and Vesper Lynd, a treasury agent, who is assigned to look after his handling of the government's $10 million buy-in. As the tournament progressed, Bond lost his initial stake and becomes enraged when Vesper refused to authorise him to buy back in because she considers his play reckless.
Distraught over his failure, Bond prepared to assassinate Le Chiffre when he is intercepted by one of the other players, who introduced himself as CIA officer Felix Leiter, who was also out to get Le Chiffre. Leiter believed Bond has the skill to beat Le Chiffre and offered to supply him with enough funds to re-enter the tournament in exchange for allowing the CIA custody of Le Chiffre. Back in the game, Bond rapidly recouped his losses. When Le Chiffre and his associates attempt to poison him, Bond narrowly survived due to Vesper's intervention. Bond won the tournament on a straight flush over a full house (aces full of kings). Following her celebratory dinner with Bond, Vesper is abducted by Le Chiffre, who used her to lure Bond into a near-fatal car chase and ultimate capture. Le Chiffre tortured Bond for the access code to the game's winnings and when it became clear that Bond will not yield, Le Chiffre prepared to castrate him. At that moment Mr. White entered and executed Le Chiffre and his associates for their failure. Bond and Vesper are left alive.
Bond awoke in a hospital on Lake Como and orders Mathis, whom Le Chiffre identified as a double agent working for him, arrested. Bond admitted his love for Vesper and vowed to quit the service before it stripped him of his humanity. Accordingly, he posted his resignation to M and went on a romantic holiday in Venice with Vesper. However, Bond soon learned that his poker winnings were never deposited into the Treasury's account.
Realizing that Vesper had stolen them, he pursued her as she met members of the organisation she is working for into a building under renovation. Bond shot the floatation devices supporting the structure to gain access to the building, but as he does so the foundation started to slowly collapse into the Grand Canal. After killing the henchmen in the building, Bond found Vesper imprisoned in an elevator. Apologising to him tearfully, she locked herself inside as the elevator plunged under the rising waters. Bond dove in, broke into the elevator and pulled Vesper onto the roof of the collapsed building. Despite his efforts to revive her, she has already drowned. Mr. White, watching from a balcony, walked away with the money.
M told Bond that Vesper had a French-Algerian boyfriend who was kidnapped and held for ransom by the organisation behind Le Chiffre and White. Bond learned that she agreed to deliver the ransom money (his winnings) only if they would consent to leave Bond, as well as her boyfriend, alive. He discovered that Vesper has left Mr. White's name and number in her mobile phone for Bond to find. Unfortunately, it was during this time that London (as well as the rest of Europe) was taken over. So, while Bond was out for personal revenge, his country fell. White, arriving at a palatial estate near Lake Como, received a phone call and is shot in the leg. Bond appears, with a UMP in hand, Mr White asked who he is, and Bond replied "The name's Bond. James Bond."
See Skill Sheet for More Information
- Durability: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- General Speed: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Strength: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Weapon Skill: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Willpower/Determination: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Mental Deduction: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Pain Endurance: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Focus: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
Human Skill Sheet
- Anima Stone Strength: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Soul Sorcery: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Soul Dash: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Soul Detection: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Geppo: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Vindeca: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Tekkai: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
- Yang Surge: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
Last edited by Tsubine on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Joined : 2010-11-07
¥ Yen : 444693330
Posts : 1533
Karma : 19
Age : 23
Location : New Zealand
|Subject Post 2Subject: Re: James Bond [Approved, 5-1] Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:37 am|| |
- Name [x]
- Appropriate Age [x]
- Gender [x]
- Appearance Present [x]
- Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [x]
- Appearance is Not Claimed [x]
- 10 sentences for personality [x]
- History is of appropriate length [x]
- Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [x]
- Powers are described reasonably enough [x]
- Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [x]
- Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[x]
- Willpower/Determination: Advanced
- Mental Deduction: Advanced
- Pain Endurance: Advanced
- Focus: Advanced
Comments/Notes: Any thug can kill. I need you to take your ego out of the equation.
Joined : 2011-05-31
¥ Yen : 515103371
Posts : 4234
Karma : 39
Age : 25
Location : in the woods
|Subject Post 3Subject: Re: James Bond [Approved, 5-1] Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 pm|| |
Cleaning this out! Feel free to pm me to move it back!Don't worry this isn't deleted! Your app is now in archives!