Joined : 2011-06-30
Posts : 2284
Karma : 2
Age : 25
|Subject Post 1Subject: Mitsurugi Kenpachi [SHINIGAMI, 0-4++] Sat May 04, 2013 11:18 am|| |
-Insert Header Image Here-
• Name: Mitsurugi Kenpachi (born Mitsurugi Soan)
• Titles: Kenpachi
• Gender: Male
• Appearance Age: 46
• Age: 851
• Affiliation/Rank: Gotei Eleventh Division Captain
• Appearance Picture:
• Appearance Description:
Mitsurugi is a very tall and extremely muscular Shinigami, coming it at an incredible six foot six and a half inches, and weighing in at two hundred and thirteen pounds. Despite is pretty high weight, he has an extremely low amount of body fat, and a vast majority of it is pure muscle weight, which is clearly defined when you look at him. His appearance is pretty wild and untamed, especially his hair which is very wavy and free flowing. His facial hair consists of a goatee connected to his sideburns in the form of a beard, though it isn't long at all, and gives him a gruff appearance. Mitsurugi has bright green eyes, a characteristic common in the Soan family, and black hair. He also has scars of various sizes covering his entire body, with one of the larger ones being what seems to be a scar of a large stab wound where his shoulder meets the rest of his body. He also has various scars across his face. Something of note is that he doesn't have a single scar on his back, despite having been fighting for many centuries.
Mitsurugi very rarely wears the captain's haori of his division, as he doesn't see the point in it. What he usually wears is the standard shinigami outfit, except with a few personal touches. Along each pant leg on the outside are white flames that extend from the torn up bottoms of his pants to about mid-thigh. His pants also have a greenish tint to them. On his upper body his shirt is primarily black and red instead of the normal black and white, and the outside of his sleeves are white with intricate designs on them. The sash around his waist is green as well. Also, he wears massive prayer beads around his neck that sometimes fall over one of his shoulders. Also, very rarely is his entire torso covered as he usually has one of his sleeves off and loose, giving his right arm more leeway, and his left arm is usually tucked inside his shirt instead of his shirt, which means both of his sleeves are empty. When combat begins to get serious, Mitsurugi will usually drop his left sleeve as well, exposing his entire torso, and giving him the maximum amount of movement he can get.
Mitsurugi, at first glance, is extremely brutal. In combat, he is completely ruthless, attacking enemies ferociously. However, he is not without a certain code of ethics. He never attacks an opponent with a surprise attack, as in he only fights in face to face battles where he can see his opponent's eyes. However, he doesn't mind if his opponents fights with special abilities, though if they are primarily magic users he tends to insult them and berate them for fighting in such a "bitchy way". Also, if his opponent tells him there is a way for them to get more powerful, but they would need a second or two for preparation, he is likely to sit by and allow it to happen, though if it takes a while he would probably get annoyed, and likely tell the person to hurry up. This could be considered bad, as he is susceptible to allowing an opponent to get more powerful than himself, and thus end up losing the fight.
The reason why he allows opponents to get more powerful is because he absolutely loves fighting. Possibly the only thing in the entire world he does love, combat is as dear to him as a loved one is to anybody else. This aspect of his personality is probably the most obvious, as during combat he usually has a huge smile across his face, and even occasionally announces his feelings towards fighting. His wanting to fight is symbolized in his Zanpakutō, which restricts his power so he can fight weaker opponents, but also raises his power so he can fight stronger opponents as well. Despite being such a fierce warrior, Mitsurugi very rarely kills his opponents as he would doesn't care about it, and doesn't consider people too weak to fight back to be worth his time. However, if they attack him again, he doesn't hesitate in cutting them down for good, because he doesn't like being annoyed by "shitty weaklings who can't even fight anymore".
It should also be noted that if he doesn't consider an opponent to be worth his time from the very beginning, he tends to cut them down with a single blow to spare himself the boredom. This goes double for people that attack him first, as he considers them to be cocky and arrogant. Mitsurugi has only a single objective, which is to perpetually fight stronger and stronger opponents, and so he has great respect for people that can defeat him. If he were to see someone who has defeated him lose a fight, he is likely to berate them and even physically assault them because he thinks it makes himself look weak when they lose. Also, because Mitsurugi believes in the philosophy of the true strength lies within a person and not from their weapon, he has refused to train or communicate with his Zanpakutō, which is the reason that despite being an extremely powerful captain, he doesn't have access to Bankai. This explains why when he sees an opponent rely too much on their ability, no matter how powerful the ability is, he'll them weak and trash. Also, he wouldn't hesitate to cut down and kill people who interrupts his fights, including allies and family.
Outside of combat, Mitsurugi maintains his confrontational personality, and displays it whenever speaking to most other captains, especially those he considers to be trash. He also doesn't consider his captaincy to be an actual job, so he very rarely does what he is told, and instead opts to just do whatever will allow him to fight more. Also, despite his fierceness, Mitsurugi seems to actually care for his subordinates and his family, though he wouldn't protect them in a fight because he sees it as weakness. Mitsurugi also happens to have a terrible sense of time, at one point he thought it was noon, despite the moon being in the sky and it being dark out. Also, while he does enjoy sake as much as the next guy, he very rarely drinks during a battle because he believes it takes some of the fun away; however, at the same time, he may drink alcohol just to dull his senses so he is weaker in combat, or drink alcohol so he can fight longer than normal.
• Likes: Fighting
• Dislikes: Everything else
Mitsurugi was born on the eight of June in 1564, in Bizen, Japan. However, because he is a spirit, Mitsurugi remembers absolutely nothing of his life as a human. The first thing he remembers is being in one of the more.....dangerous sections of Rukongai, specifically a sector numbered in the seventies. Because of this, he grew up constantly having to worry about his own life, and thus always fought against robbers, murderers, crooks, and other untouchables in order to survive. However, he wasn't the only person stuck in this situation. When he was eleven years old, he ended up meeting another person similar to himself: Yi Soan, a green-eyed kid with a bright attitude, who was also older than Mitsurugi. The opposite of Mitsurugi in every way.
However, Mitsurugi and Yi immediately hit it off, quickly becoming as close as brothers could possibly be, despite not actually being brothers (however, it should be noted that there is a saying that goes like this: "Not even death can keep Soans apart, or break a Soan bond"). Mitsurugi and Yi were in constant competition with each other, both trying to outdo the other, especially when it came to power. Mitsurugi, seeing physical strength as the ultimate way to get more powerful, constantly trained his body, despite Yi telling him he needed to become more skillful. Years went on like this, with them constantly ending their battles in draws because they were of equal strength.....however, that began to chance. As time went on, Yi began outdoing Mitsurugi, consistently defeating him in battle, as well as being much more skillful than him as a swordsman. This caused Mitsurugi to come to respect Yi greatly, seeing him as someone to eventually defeat in battle.
After finally getting out of the shithole that was the Rukongai district they lived in, the levels of power possessed by the two, who called themselves brothers by this point, was absolutely tremendous. They already possessed the power of captains, despite the fact that they were only a couple decades old. It was at this point that they separated for the first time. Yi went to join the Gotei Thirteen, while Mitsurugi just began travelling, looking for other potential opponents to battle. Decades went on like this, then centuries. Mitsurugi eventually found out Yi had become a Gotei Captain, but ended up going missing somewhere on Earth. Wanting to fight him again after growing for nearly three centuries, Mitsurugi travelled to Earth and searched for Yi, however they wouldn't end up crossing swords for another two hundred years, for Mitsurugi's search was in vain.
Eventually, when Mitsurugi was about five hundred years old, he ended up being confronted by Yi. This caught him off guard, especially because his brother had changed so drastically; he was now extremely serious, and possessed an air of superiority.....with what seemed like desperation mixed in with it. This time when they fought, Mitsurugi was able to push Yi to his very limits, and their battle ended up being finished in a draw. This caused Yi to ask Mitsurugi what had changed that allowed him to tie with the elder Soan. Mitsurugi responded by saying, simply: "You." This was the last time Mitsurugi had seen his brother, and to this day he hasn't discovered what happened to him after that battle.
It was about this point when Mitsurugi was confronted by Stefan Soan, his nephew. Stefan, looking for answers about his father, tried to force information from the elder Soan, but ended up getting royally stomped by his unforgiving uncle. However, Mitsurugi saw potential in his nephew, so he began training him after Stefan asked him to. Being the non-sentimental type, the only reason he agreed to it was because he thought Stefan could eventually provide a legitimate challenge in combat. This lasted for a few decades before the two parted ways, Stefan having won zero fights against his uncle by this time. Mitsurugi ended up returning to Soul Society in order to search for powerful enemies, and regularly fought against various Gotei captains, much to their annoyance. They didn't want someone so powerful casually strolling around Soul Society, and so regularly tried assassinating him. Obviously none of the attempts succeeded.
After Zaraki Kenpachi left the Gotei thirteen for whatever reason, the Central Fourth Six group ended up demanding the Gotei recruit Mitsurugi to be his replacement due to their power and personality similarities. The only reason why he complied with this request was because he saw it as a chance to fight more powerful enemies, and so he joined the ranks of the Gotei, and quickly became the most feared captain in the entire organization, something that seemed to regularly occur with Kenpachis. Since joining, Mitsurugi has only been trying to get more powerful and find stronger opponents to fight, though he does wish to find Yi again....granted, he only wants to find him so they can fight again.
• Reiatsu Color: Dark Green
• Zanpakutô Spirit Name: Muichimonji (though Mitsurugi doesn't know this)
• Zanpakutô Spirit Appearance: N/A
• Inner World: N/A
• Sealed Zanpakutô Appearance : N/A
• Sealed Zanpakutô Abilities:
Vast Spiritual Power: Even when compared to other Gotei captains, Mitsurugi has a monstrous amount of spiritual power. His spiritual power is so vast that he cannot consciously control and/or restrict it very well at all, meaning he is constantly stuck at a high level of power. Even without using his full power, he has been known to be able to fight at least on-par with Bankai-level opponents. It should be noted that while his Zanpakutō boosts his power considerably, Mitsurugi is still capable of fighting captain-level of opponents using their Bankai before his Zanpakutō's ability has a chance to come into effect. Mitsurugi's spiritual pressure can have a harmful effect on the environment around him, such as making stone crumble, and pull objects to the ground. Weak people should avoid nearing him, because even lieutenant-levels can be suffocated from his power. It should also be noted that due to Mitsurugi's vast, uncontrolled reitsu, he, like Ichigo Kurosaki and Zaraki Kenpachi, has forced his Zanpakutō into a permanent-Shikai state, meaning his weapon does not revert nor start at its base, sealed form.
- Reitsu Hardening: Similar to Arrancar and the way their Hierro works, Mitsurugi's vast spiritual power and reitsu can act as armor for his entire body, preventing weak opponents from even damaging him, and making it rather difficult for those even only slightly below his level of power to injure him. This seems to get even stronger as his reitsu grows, or releases itself, in combat, and so while an opponent may be able to harm him in the beginning of a fight, that might soon change. This armor helps to protect Mitsurugi against any and all kinds of attacks, including energy-based attacks, such as Kidō spells and Cero/Bala techniques.
- Visible Reitsu: Mitsurugi's spiritual pressure and power has been known to become visible while in combat, in a specific way. If he is particularly riled up, or he has been fighting for a while, what seems to be a giant, skeletal being that represents his power will appear behind him, though because it is just a representation of his reitsu, it doesn't actually injure people. This skeletal visage also occasionally appears when Mitsurugi uses kendo, or when he attacks particularly powerfully, as a skeletal arm, hand, and sword. This usually frightens even some of the most apathetic opponents, and Mitsurugi himself is unaware of this happening. This is the same color as his spiritual energy, dark green.
- Increased Cutting Power: Mitsurugi's sheer cutting power also happens to be directly effected by his cutting power. This is due to the already-dangerous effects his reitsu has, as well as the fact that his reiryoku is so vast. Mitsurugi subconsciously uses his reitsu to do much more damage than most opponents could do with basic slashes of his Zanpakutō, and so when his overall energy and reitsu rises due to either him going full power or his Zanpakutō effecting him, his sword swings do much more damage than they may have done just a minute previously. This is something other fighters may consciously do, but Mitsurugi doesn't even think about it and it occurs.
- Power Knock back: When Mitsurugi releases more of his power, either because he was holding back or because he feels rejuvenated, a massive burst of reitsu usually results from such an action. This burst is easily enough to send physical objects flying away, create powerful winds with him at the center, and knock back opponents that are even on his level of power, and usually does. Opponents unprepared for such a burst will usually find themselves either thrown backwards, or brought down to the ground due to the immensity of it.
Highly Skilled Swordsman: From a young age, Mitsurugi has constantly been fighting opponents day in and day out, and as such has had centuries to hone his skill with the blade. While not necessarily learnt in specific styles, Kenpachi is still a very dangerous swordsman due to his berserker fighting style, which involves using tremendous force behind his blows to fight overpower opponents. A requirement for the 11th division is to be a skillful swordsman, and this is particularly necessary to be captain, which alone proves his skill, making him, easily, one of the most proficient swordsman in all of Soul Society and the Gotei 13. Mitsurugi's skill and power with the sword is great enough to combat Bankai-level opponents and their abilities, using just a single sword and his basic attributes. Mitsurugi's raw physical power and surprising attentiveness allows him to quickly and repeatedly outmaneuver opponents, as well as switch from stance to stance easily. He also has a basic understanding a few advanced power-based techniques.
- Agitowari (顎割, "Chin/Jaw Splitting"): A sword technique where a single sword attack cuts an opponent in half from the jaw down the length of the body until the target is bi-sectioned. This technique is only used by Mitsurugi when he is fighting an opponent he knows wouldn't give him a good challenge, so he ends the fight quickly.
- Hitotsume: Nadegiri (撫で斬り, "The First: Killing Stroke"): A precision cut of extreme force and speed. It can casually slice through large, multi-story high opponents protected by steel skin. The opponent can be killed with one swift slash so precise, they are not even aware of it until after it has taken place. Unlike Agitowari, this technique can allow an opponent to survive by not cutting straight through them, and only inflicting a severe laceration upon the opponent to disable them and end combat.
- Ryōdan (両断, "Bisection"): A two-handed Kendo technique that has the practitioner bring the sword down with enough force that it can cut an opponent in half right down the middle. This is perhaps Mitsurugi's most powerful technique due to it using the full raw physical power of both of his arms in order to inflict severe damage upon the intended target. This technique can shred through an Arrancar's Hierro like paper, or a hot knife through butter. However, it is very rarely used due to Mitsurugi usually keeping one arm tucked inside his shirt, leaving only one arm available for combat.
Hakuda Skill: Though by no means a specialist, Mitsurugi is at least somewhat skillful in hand to hand combat, though truthfully he relies more on instinct and reflexes to fight opponents this way instead of using a specific style. Utilizing his immense physical power to its fullest, Mitsurugi primarily fights using powerful kicks or throws to knock back his opponent so he can follow up with some zanjutsu, and commonly blocks an opponent's weapon(s) with his bare hands.
Kidō: Not only does Mitsurugi have absolutely no skill with shinigami magic, but he also has absolutely no interest in learning about it. He cannot, and certainly does not, even use extremely low level spells, such as Hadō or Bakudo 1. However, this applies to all forms of Kidō, including, and especially, healing spells, and anything of that sort. Mitsurugi looks down on Kidō as a form of combat, and dislikes fighting opponents who use Kidō a lot because he gets the most enjoyment out of close quarters combat where he may be maimed by an opponent's sword.
Perceptive and Instinctual Combatant: Though by no means an intellectual genius, Mitsurugi is actually rather intelligent when it comes to combat, though it could just be attributed to his natural superiority in combat and his sheer amount of experience. Unless his opponent is using an ability to fight him, Kenpachi relies on instinct and natural reflex to fight opponents, preferring to revel in the insanity and chaos of the battle, something that seems to have been passed down to his nephew, Stefan. However, also like Stefan, Mitsurugi can be extremely perfective and analytical during combat as well, allowing him to skillfully counter an opponent's special ability with just zanjutsu combat and his basic attributes, allowing him to fight people who have Kidō-type Zanpakutō. It should be noted, however, that when he fights like this, he doesn't necessarily use what would be considered the "best" or "safest" routes in combat, and he usually ends up hurting himself as well when he does this, though that probably just stems from his berserker mindset.
Immense Physical Strength: There are a few factors that have influenced Mitsurugi's growth as a raw physical powerhouse. One factor is the fact that it runs in his family. His brother is a physical powerhouse, and so is his nephew. This could be the "berserker" mentality that is passed down from generation to generation in the Soan family, but it could just be hereditary in and of itself. However, even if the strength is hereditary, the berserker mindset still plays a major role, as all Mitsurugi cares about is charging head-first into combat, so he has to be powerful. Having done nothing but fight since he was extremely young, as well as having no interest in ranged or Kidō-based combat, Mitsurugi has honed his physical strength to a very high level, with his raw power being his very best trait. Using overwhelming force alone, Mitsurugi can fight opponents in higher stats of release rather easily, and never seems to be overpowered by Bankai, Ressureccion, or anything of the like. Kenpachi can easily deflect Cero techniques with his bare hands, cut straight through massive opponents, and destroy buildings without even trying. He has been known to lift and throw opponents many times his size and weight with little effort, as well. Mitsurugi's cutting power is legendary, and next to nothing is capable of blocking his attacks without some sort of assistance, and his overall power is further enhanced by his overwhelming reitsu.
Immense Speed: Mitsurugi has absolutely no skill in the use of shunpo. That's right, none whatsoever, nor is he interested in learning about it. This is because Mitsurugi would much rather focus on training his swordsmanship and becoming stronger as a whole, and doesn't see a need in understanding specific skills or techniques. Despite this, Mitsurugi can still keep up with most opponents. That is because his body is so physically powerful, and his legs are so strong, that he is actually able to keep up with opponents that use shunpo and sonido, with just his raw speed. While he is by no means a speed specialist, his physical power allows him to keep up with most people he encounters. When he moves quickly, he seems to disappear from sight, similar to shunpo and sonido, simply due to his incredible basic movement speeds. Mitsurugi's sword strikes are also extremely quick, and very difficult to keep up with both visibly and reactively.
Immense Endurance: Perhaps the most terrifying aspect of Mitsurugi is his sheer endurance, which balances itself with his speed and strength. As a berserker type combatant, Mitsurugi not only ignores essentially all damage he received, he also revels in it, enjoying being bloodied during combat. This is reflected in his Zanpakutō, which actually allows him to keep fighting despite receiving damage that would be fatal to almost any other fighter. What is so frightening about this, you may ask? Well, when an enemy deals him a potentially-fatal wound and expects to defeat him, he would not only get right back up and act as though he was still fine, but he would attack with even more ferocity than he did before. With a pain resilience as high as his, as well as a Zanpakutō like his, Mitsurugi can only be taken down by killing him, or by completely paralyzing his body, which in itself is difficult to do. He can also fight for extended periods of time without noticeable exhaustion, and can go from fight to fight without slowing down or weakening.
Immense Durability and Defense: As difficult as it is to finally take Mitsurugi down thanks to his incredible endurance, it is just as difficult to actually damage him in the first place. Thanks to centuries of training his body endlessly, as well as countless battles, Mitsurugi's basic defenses are extremely high, however thanks to his uncompressed, wild, vast spiritual power and reitsu, Mitsurugi's skin is extraordinarily difficult to cut through to the point where attackers are very likely to damage themselves before him. However, this also applies to blunt force trauma as well, as Mitsurugi is able to take powerful blows from massive opponents, and then walk it off as though it never took place. Crushing him is very difficult due to this, and so is attempting to fight him with close quarters hakuda, as his Hierro-like skin can cause an opponent's bones to break if he is punched or kicked.
• Release: N/A
• Shikai Description: Mitsurugi's Zanpakutō is unlike many others, though it shares some similarities with Ichigo Kurosaki's Zangetsu and Zaraki Kenpachi's unnamed Zanpakutō. Essentially, Mitsurugi's Zanpakutō is always in its released state, and even when he is knocked unconscious it remains in this form indefinitely. Kenpachi's Zanpakutō seems to be a normal katana in appearance, except larger in every way. The hilt is much longer and thicker than an average katana's, the blade is much longer (measuring in at nearly four feet long), and is also larger in every aspect as well. Because of this, the weapon seems to be a thicker-than-normal nodachi. The hilt has a dark green wrapping, and the sheathe is a very dark almost blackish green in color. The tsuba is octogonal in shape.
• Shikai Special Ability: Mitsurugi's Shikai, and Zanpakutō as a whole, only grants him one special ability, and even then it is only a passive power, not something he can actively use, such as Ichigo Kurosaki's Getsuga Tensho. It should also be noted that this passive ability is completely useless in some fights, so while it may be powerful, it has limited usefulness. This ability works on the simple concept of "Higher Input equals Higher Output". Now, time to actually explain that. Normally when a fighter takes damage, they begin to weaken as their body would have difficulty keeping them up and running, especially as they get damaged even more. This ability sort of steps on that rule, and crushes it out of existence.
When Mitsurugi takes damage, such as a cut on his body or blunt force trauma, his Zanpakutō emits a higher amount of energy than it had previously, and sends this power to Mitsurugi without him even knowing. This increases his overall power by quite a bit. However, the power boost has a direct positive correlation to the amount of damage he receives. If he were to get a thin cut across his chest, he would only become slightly stronger, perhaps not even to a noticeable degree; now if he were to get a potentially fatal wound across his chest, he would gain a massive power boost to the point of being much stronger than before. Because this boosts his spiritual pressure and power significantly during combat, what may have injured him early on in the fight wouldn't be enough to do so later, because his natural reitsu armor would become more durable. This also increases his physical strength, which then, logically, makes him able to move even faster than before.
This ability seemed to have come about because of Mitsurugi's berserker mindset, and as such matches his fighting style perfectly. This ability is "limitless" in that it continuously makes him stronger as he receives damage until either A. He is knocked unconscious, or B. He dies. However, after every fight, it resets because he as he is healed, his power is brought back down to its normal limits. The primary downside to this ability is pretty obvious: he needs to take significant damage before this ability makes him significantly more powerful. However, it also has another significant downside. When he is fully healed and has not sustained damage yet, he is actually weaker than normal as a good portion of his energy and power is sealed by his Zanpakutō so he doesn't over exert himself. This means there are three significant levels of power for Mitsurugi: Healthy, which is weaker than normal; Normal, which is his actual power level; and Unleashed, which is when he is significantly damaged, and thus significantly more powerful. During combat the opponent would definitely be able to notice the differences between these stages.
• Bankai Description: (You may fill out your Bankai Description, but unless you get staff permission, you may not use your Bankai right off the bat. There are expectations, however.) • Bankai Abilities: (You may fill out your Bankai Powers, but unless you get staff permission, you may not use your Bankai right off the bat. There are expectations, however.)
• PhatomTech: (Does your character have a PhatomTech brain installed? If so, you'll be able to qualify for upgrade at the Cybermind or add other Cybernetic parts to your character to make them stronger. Click here for more information about Phantom Tech)
• Phantom Tech Abilities: (What can your character do with his or her's add-ons? This applies to any upgrades your character has gotten from places like The Cybermind as well.)
• Phantom Tech Powers: (This refers to things outside of Add-ons unlike Abilities. What Phantom Tech Powers are, in a sense, is basically what kind of power did your character gain from having a Cyberbrain? For example, Shadin Yuudeshi gained Imaginary Computation with his Cybernetic upgrades and has the ability to bring tangible things into existence with his computers Quantum Calculations.)
- Durability: Elite
- General Speed: Elite
- Strength: Elite
- Weapon Skill: Elite
- Hoho: N/A
- Kidō: N/A
- Zanjutsu: Elite
- Hakuda: Adept
- Willpower: Elite
- Mental Deduction: Beginner
- Focus: Advanced
• Roleplay Sample: (Please show us how you role play by either posting a previous post from another site or creating a new one. We do this so we know your RP skill. If you already have an accepted, you need not do another RP sample)
Last edited by Gin on Tue May 07, 2019 8:57 pm; edited 20 times in total