Joined : 2011-01-07
¥ Yen : 175518843
Posts : 1331
Karma : 10
Location : Corruption CIty
|Subject Post 1Subject: Tessa Morrowend[shinigami, 2-1] Tue May 21, 2013 7:33 am|| |
-Insert Header Image Here-
• Name: Tessa Morrowend
• Titles: Dragon girl
• Gender: Female
• Appearance Age: 20
• Age: 716
• Affiliation/Rank: squad 6 of the gotei 13
• Appearance Picture:
For the most part, she looks exactly as the picture, except for her hair is a bright red. She wears a standard shinigami with a dragon emblem embroidered on to it in red on the left side of her chest.
- timid: Tessa is extremely shy and easily frightened, getting scared from somebody sneaking up and saying hi. She has a weak confidence, having a hard time convincing herwelf she can do something right when off the battlefield.
- Draconic battle instinct: An inheritance from her draconic side, whenever she is fighting another, she can understand the style of another on instinct. In addition, if she fights on instinct, her fighting style changes rapidly, becoming many times more dangerous.
- Extremely loyal: She is extremely loyal to those who she calls a friend. She will do anything they ask, even if it means betraying the gotei. However, she will not do something for one friend if it threatens another of her friends.
- Egotistical: She believes herself to be a higher type of being then other shinigami, due to her draconic origin. She tries not to show this in front of her friends out of respect for them.
- Paranoid: She is constantly looking over her shoulder and mistrusting others. For the few she makes friends, she loses her paranoia, and becomes extremely friendly. In battle, this paranoia may cause her to attack otherwise allied beings, seeing them as enemies in addition to her real enemies. However, she always listens to her friends, and thus will not attack allied beings if her friends tell her not to.
- Erotophobia: Early in her life, Tessa's mother told her lots of horrifying stories involving rape, and sometimes other sorts of sexual abuse. This caused her to develop a strong fear of anything sexual, whether it be a comment, a wrong touch, or even staring at her breast.
• Likes: Fire, fighting, reading (especially fantasy novels), her friends
• Dislikes: Ice cream, snow, brutes, bullies, anyone who is not her friend
• History: Tessa never knew her father, she was raised by her mother. Her mother had once been a loving, caring woman. Her body was always beautiful, but one fateful day changed all that. Her mother had been out along in a wooded area when a huge beast lunged at her. Large bat like wings, huge claws, and red scales, it was a dragon. Tessa's mother could not defend herself, and she curled up in fright. However, the dragon did not intend to hurt her. It scooped her up, then ran off to a cave, where her mother's life changed forever. Pinning her mother up against the wall, the dragon raped her, despite her desperate pleas. Then the dragon flew her back to town before vanishing. Her mother, believing that because they were two different types of beings they could not have a child, went about her daily life like nothing had happened. Unfortunately, the beast's nature allowed it to have a child with any species, and soon her mother realized she was pregnant. After nine agonizing month, in a small town in the middle of the rukongai, Tessa Morrowend was born.
From her birth, her heritage was painfully obvious. Red scales covered certain areas of her body, along with a lizard like tail and red bat like wings that sprouted from her shoulders. Every time her mother looked at Tessa, she could see fear and sadness well up in her mother. At night her mother would always tell her a story, however, these stories were not the kind fairy tails others might hear. The were stories of evil monsters who raped and otherwise sexually hurt people. Told in the scariest way possible, they left little Tessa having nightmares over and over. Her mother wouldn't stop, even when she got sick when little Tessa was seven years old. As Tessa continued to grow over the next five years, the stories were told to her again and again, promoting a huge fear of anything sexual within Tessa. Then, when she was 13 years of age, her mother passed away, leaving her all alone in the world.
After the death of her mother, Tessa wandered around, taken in by friendly families, spending a couple of years with each one, then moving on. She wasn't sure why she should live, what drove her to survive, but knew something was. Something pushed her inside to continue going, to live on despite the hardships. One day when she was 50, while walking down a road, a couple of local bullies surrounded her, demanding she give them all her possessions. Quickly, she whirled the walking stiff she had, knocking them all off of their feet. She then moved on. Her actions only brought other bullies to her. As she moved around for the next 50 years, gang members followed her, trying to capture her. Each time they came she defeated them, learning a bit more about fighting whenever she did. They didn't end, kept coming, until one day she had had enough. She found the leader of the gang, surrounded by minions, and killed them all with nothing but the walking stick.
When she turned 100, she heard about a fighting tournament, hidden from shinigami view so that others could fight in order to determine their worth. Curious, she entered herself, and there was also a cash prize to motivate her which grabbed her attention. It was a small amount, but it would help her get through her lonely life. There were only 8 other participants, as the tournament hadn't been that well publicized. They were divided in to four fights in the first round, winner advancing. She would be fighting first, and her first opponent was a huge, muscular man. He attempted to punch down at her, but she dodged easily, then flew upwards, knocking him out with a single punch to the head. Luckily for her the tournament was being held out in an open area, or she probably couldn't have used her wings to fly. After her fight ended, she sat down, watching the next fights closely. She tried to find the weaknesses of each person's fighting style. When her next fight came, this analysis helped her immensely. The person had extremely quick punches, but she knew he could not throw low or high punches. Flying upward, she grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up, dropping him from fifty feet up, knocking him out. Her next fight was more difficult, this man could see her punches coming, dodging each of them. He managed to get a good punch to her jaw, and she fell to the ground. Watching as he approached, she aimed a quick kick at his groin, then at his head, knocking him out to win the tournament.
Her win at the tournament earned her some money, and gave the tournament a large amount of publicity. She came to the next tournament, winning again with a little bit more difficulty. She continued coming to each tournament, held every 3 years, winning more money as the tournament became more popular with each one. For 300 hears she went to each and every tournament, and then she stopped going, disappearing from the arena. Tessa had left the tournament seen because the competition had become extremely weak compared to her in the more recent ones, and the crowd and competition always seemed to have a sexual edge to it. Having already won a large sum of money, she decided to pick up and move on, living the next hundred years with little incident, beating up a gang every so often, breaking up a street brawl sometimes, but never going near the ring again.
One day when she was in a pub, she saw five shinigami snickering as they drank their ale. Looking over at them, she overheard them laughing about how they had pushed an elderly woman over and demanded her money, which they had then used to pay for their ale. In frustration, she mumbled something about stupid bullying twits. The shinigami heard her comment though, and stormed over. Surrounding her, they demanded she apologize, and one gave her a slight touch to her breasts. She lunged out, attempted to punch the man, but totally missed. Laughing, they all drew their blades, one proclaiming to be the 4th seat of squad 11, to which the owner reacted in extreme fear. They slashed at her, and she attempted to block with the scaled areas of her arm. They keep pushing her back, until she hit the wall. Grinning down at her, they prepared to strike. Her instinct took over, her spiritual energy skyrocketing towards that of a vice captain, or perhaps a captain. Her movements were extremely fast, and not how one would expect a human to move. With one burst of speed, she stood behind them, holding the leader's swords in her left hand as their heads fell to the ground, cut clean off.
When she looked behind her and saw what she had done, fear filled her. She ran out of the pub, tears flowing from her eyes. What had she done? How had that happened? After a few minutes curled up in a dark alley, she calmed down. Realizing that she couldn't control such a power, she swore to herself that she would not ever allow herself to lose control like that. Returning to the pub she payed for her drink, only to be confronted by a shinigami who was investigating the incident. Scared of killing another man, she admitted to it, and the shinigami told her if she went to the soul academy she could learn to control her powers. She had to wait 15 years, training herself as best she could, until the day of the next entrance exam came.
At the entrance exam, she felt she was doing well until it came time to partner up for a sparring match. Somehow she got paired up with an eight year old, and she felt pretty confident as they moved to their places. Once it started though, all confidence left her. The boy lunged at her, stabbing towards her neck. Moving to the side, she widened her eyes as she noticed his wooden sword was aimed to pierce her wing. Pivoting, she barely had time to push his sword away, saving her wing. The assault continued as the boy sent a barrage of blow after blow at her, each time she had barely enough time to block his attacks. Continually he pushed her back until she felt herself bump against a wall. The child then ran towards her, sword raised for a stab that would ultimately be the end for her if done correctly. At the very last minute, the child tripped on a rock sticking up from the ground. His sword lowering, Tessa took her chance, leaping upwards. Her wings beat behind her, pulling her further in to the sky as she landed a soft kick to the boy's back to knock him to the ground. Landing next to him, she pointed her wooden sword down to him, getting declared the winner.
In the soul academy, she was placed in the advanced class, having excelled at both Kidō and sparring. The boy she had sparred with was also in the advanced class for swordplay, but not Kidō. Tessa was a shy loner, and while most of the class was one big group of friends, Tessa never tried to go near them. The other boy seemed to not have any friends, but she didn't put much thought to it. He seemed to ask her to spar with him a lot, but she always turned him down with a shy voice. She did have to spar during some classes, and there were a few times where she almost hurt someone because her instinct kicked in at the wrong time.
Finally, after several times of turning the boy down, Tessa took pity on him during the second half of their first year. She told him to meet her outside in a wooded area and she would spar with him. When they started, as his first strike came, her instincts took over. Her wooden sword swung out, knocking the boy back, and almost making him loose his blade. Without giving him time to rest she pushed in, slamming her sword downward, he managed to block it at the last second. She continued her attacks, and this time it was the boy who found himself forced on to the defensive, Tessa overpowering him. For a few minutes it went on like this, and just when it seemed the boy would snap, she awakened, her blade dropping to the floor as she took a heavy breath. As she stopped, the boy pushed in, bopping her lightly on the head and declaring himself the winner. Tessa dropped to the ground, shivering in fear. Her instinct had awakened, and she had nearly killed a student. However, the boy seemed to be upset that she wasn't getting up for more, and she looked at him curiously. When she explained her situation to him, he assured her he wouldn't tell anyone, he just wanted someone to train with. He told her his name was Nickcca, and she gave him hers. They trained together, Tessa slowly learning to use the style she used when her instincts came out while Nickcca bettered himself. They were great friends, but also rivals, always attempting to one up each other in a friendly sort of way.
Nickcca managed to graduate from the academy two years ahead of Tessa, and she trained herself extremely hard in those last two years to get out as soon as possible. When she finally joined the gotei 13, she joined the same squad as Nickcca, following him to whichever squad he went to. When Nickcca was put on leave due to some issues he was having, Tessa started jumping from squad to squad. Unable to stay in a single squad more then ten to twenty five years, she moved on every so often. She visited Nickcca often, listening to his frustration. Worried, she has just heard that Nickcca might be coming back soon, it gave her strength, and allowed her to make her years while in sixth squad more easily.
• Reiatsu Color: Flame like coloring
• Natural Attributes:
Draconic Instint: Tessa has a huge amount of spiritual energy compared to those of her tier. Around two hundred years ago when she first let loose all of her spiritual energy, it was around the level of a vice captain or possibly a captain. However, she has not been able to consciously use even half of that, and her fear of the strength she released that day has limited her further.
Fire Resistance: Due to her draconic origins, fire and heat based abilities are less affective against her, being only 50% as effective as normal. However, any fire or heat based abilities with a duration of at least 3 posts and for which she is affected has its duration extended by one fourth the original duration (minimum one additional post).
Ice weakness: As her draconic origin is that of a fire dragon, she has inherited their weakness against cold and water based attacks. Water and cold based abilities are more affective against her, affecting her 50% more then normal. However, any water or cold based abilities with a duration of at least 3 posts and for which she is affected has its duration decreased by one fourth the original duration (minimum one less post).
Fire Breath: Tessa can let loose a cone of flames from her mouth by charging her mouth with spiritual energy while she breathes out. The cone spreads out at a 15 degree angle from the center, and can extend up to 50 meters plus an additional 10 meters for every rank of her Kidō skill from her mouth. The temperature of the flames is approximately 5505 degrees Celsius at the point closest to her mouth, and get cooler as they get further from her mouth, only having a temperature of 1060 degrees Celsius at the furthest they can extend to.
Flame Creation: She can create a ball of flames in her hand, having a radius of 3 inches. The heat of these flames is 750 degrees Celsius. Once the flames leave the hand that created them, their heat drops by 25 degrees Celsius each post.
Flame Manipulation: Tessa can manipulate flames that she has created, that are from a mundane source, or that she has been given permission from the one who created the flames to be able to manipulate them. When manipulating flames, she can move the flames, change their course, as well as increase or decrease their heat. She can increase or decrease the heat of the flames by 20 degrees Celsius in a single post. She mentally control them, moving them at a rate of 70 miles per hour or if they were moving when she gained control of them, the speed at which they were moving then, whichever is greater. Manipulating flames constantly drains a small amount of energy from her so long as she continues to control them.
• Zanpakutô Spirit Name: Gladius scientia
• Zanpakutô Spirit Appearance:
• Inner World: Her Inner world is one huge room. A library, the walls surrounded by bookcases, and more book cases stand in the middle of the room, forming aisles to walk down. Each book case is filled to the brim with book, huge bound volumes of ancient age. At the front of the room there is a large desk, books piled up on both sides of it and covering almost the entire surface. To one side of the desk, a door stands, barred so that no one could get in. In the other direction, the only window is set in to the wall, bright light pouring in to the room.
• Sealed Zanpakutô Apperance :
• Release: Speak the truth, Gladius scientia!
• Shikai Description:
• Shikai Abilities:
The seven runes of knowledge:While in shikai, there are seven runes etched in to the blade. Whenever she casts a Kidō, she can choose to store it within the blade instead of having it be cast as normal. If she chooses to store it within the blade, the Kidō will seem to fail, and a number of runes on the blade will light up depending on the power of the Kidō. For Kidō 1 to 33, one rune will light up. For Kidō 34 to 65, two runes will light up. For Kidō higher then 65, 3 runes will light up. Once all seven runes are lit, she can not store any more Kidō within the sword. When she calls the command "scientia improbos", all the Kidō stored within the sword will be released, causing them to all be cast at once.
• Bankai Description: (You may fill out your Bankai Description, but unless you get staff permission, you may not use your Bankai right off the bat. There are expectations, however.) • Bankai Abilities: (You may fill out your Bankai Powers, but unless you get staff permission, you may not use your Bankai right off the bat. There are expectations, however.)
- Durability: Adept
- General Speed: Adept
- Strength: Advance
- Weapon Skill: Adept
- Hoho: Advance
- Kidō: Advance
- Zanjutsu: Adept
- Hakuda: Beginner
- Willpower/Determination: Adept
- Mental Deduction: Adept
- Pain Endurance: Adept
- Focus: Adept
__________________"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.""Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"
Last edited by tina on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:15 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : skills)