Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
[THEFROST]'S PROTIP TO HELP YOUR ROLE PLAYING MUSE GO FROM LAME TO CRIPSY Left_bar_bleue99999/99999[THEFROST]'S PROTIP TO HELP YOUR ROLE PLAYING MUSE GO FROM LAME TO CRIPSY Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

[THEFROST]'S PROTIP TO HELP YOUR ROLE PLAYING MUSE GO FROM LAME TO CRIPSY Empty [THEFROST]'S PROTIP TO HELP YOUR ROLE PLAYING MUSE GO FROM LAME TO CRIPSY

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:55 am
[THEFROST]'S PROTIP TO HELP YOUR ROLE PLAYING MUSE GO FROM LAME TO CRIPSY 1375913953367_zps4c3c315e
HOW TO GET OVER YOUR MUSE DRY SPELL AND ENJOY WRITING AGAIN

1) Put aside a small or big amount of time each day to write something. Rather it's writing a few paragraphs in your characters app, making a small 1-2K post or making some piece of equipment. Just write something. Don't want to commit every day? Too fucking bad. IMO, 1 hour a day, every day. Build up a daily routine and stick with it.

2)If you happen to sit down and nothing TRULY comes out, then fucking free-form write. Write down anything which happens comes into your head at that moment. I don't give two crispy fucks if it's not perfect, it's not deep, it's not sentimental or it doesn't feel "right"; just write it faget.

3) You do NOT have to edit as you write. Simply write until you are finished and make edits after the fact. Though, this part is semi-optional depending on your style.

4) Don't spend all of your time trying outline something. Such as when it comes to applications, apart of the reason why everyone gets stumped is because their trying to over complicate their characters history. Instead of doing those tiring mental gymnastics, simply feel your way through it, write a few paragraphs and you'll eventually feel a sense of accomplishment that you managed to get that much done. From there, you'll want to write more until you are done.

5) FUCKING READ, LISTEN TO MUSIC, WATCH ANIME, PLAY VIDYA GAMES; SIMPLY TAKE A BREAK EVERY NOW AND THEN TO FIND SOMETHING THAT GIVES YOU INSPIRATION. This is something that is rather important to myself and I feel will help with some people. Even if it doesn't interest you, just find something to stimulate your mind to want to produce content outside of just forcing yourself to write and then get back to work.

6) You do not role play just because you want to have ideas to express. You become a role player BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO WRITE AND HAVE FUN WITH OTHERS. If you focus on being "deep", "profound", "high-quality" and having "ideas" all of the time, you'll never go anywhere, you'll constantly hold yourself to an impossible standard and eventually burn out. It's fine to have standards, but don't over-do it people. Besides, in my case, I write some of my best stuff when I'm just writing with my own flow.

7) Somewhere on your computer, create a "do it later" folder. That means any ideas that come into your head that cannot be placed onto something you want now....well...simply save it for later. Rather these be character ideas, personality traits, powers, plans for the site or whatever else. If ANYTHING creative comes to mind, save it and store it.

8 ) WRITE EVERY FUCKING DAY. NO FUCKING EXCUSES.

SAVE THIS THREAD, RECORD IT AND READ IT WHENEVER YOU FEEL YOURSELF LOSING ENERGY! IF YOU STICK WITH IT, YE'S MUSE WILL RECOVER IN NO TIME!

[THEFROST]'S PROTIP TO HELP YOUR ROLE PLAYING MUSE GO FROM LAME TO CRIPSY WVMWLOu
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum