Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami]

Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:43 am
[mod]Moving to inactive. Post in the link provided below to have these moved back to the right section.

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t9712-the-staff-request-thread-for-moves-archives-locking-or-whatever-else-you-need-staff-for[/mod]
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami]

Mon May 15, 2017 11:03 am
[adm]I'll be moving this back to approved! No need for a recheck, but I highly recommend that you update the app to fit the 2017 standards.[/adm]
JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20650/20000The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:33 pm

This member is currently marked as inactive. Therefore, this application is being moved to the archives.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:18 am
First thing's first: none of the pictures are working. Not for me, at least. I dunno.

Virus Creation: The ability and its parametres are fine, I just want to clarify the methods of infection. Death Smog was obvious, in that it's smog and requires inhalation for to induce its effects. Virus creation, I'm sure it also partially depends on what kind of virus he makes. I'm guessing with things like parasites, he needs to make contact with them? Or say airborne bacteria, he needs them to breath that stuff in as well? Just clarify these things in the application so there's no room for confusion or your opponent's rebuttal.

The Locusts: I'm going to need a proper range, more than "within a close distance of the man". Also, in general the locusts need some additional limitations to them. There's basically zero counter-play; the locusts are not only very durable, but can swallow up energy, fly at mach speed, very quickly suck out energy, make energy attacks nullified, and can be summoned en masse. I'd suggest lowering the rate of energy consumption and effectivity, at least making note that while they can leech energy, it'll take time to take foreign energy in. That, and probably lower their durability, if at least to physical attacks, as it does make sense for them to be resistant to energy-based attacks.

The First Key: Million is fine. Trillion is a lot, and by a lot I mean too much. Especially if the justification is explicitly "the millions of people the previous host of this body killed", as the numbers don't match up. That's the only issue with this ability. It's potentially super powerful, but also one of two sole techniques brought out by his Shikokai.

The Garden of Blight: I will approve this ability with the understanding that despite being one of his most powerful abilities accessible only in his Shikokai of all things, it's balanced by the range, as well as the fact that there is valid counter-play, and not just in terms of being out of its range, though I won't spell it out for people in case he actually uses this ability in thread and they're looking for ways to avoid its effects. That said, I at least need you to change its ineffectiveness to humans on initial infection to just "sentient people" in general. Of course, this also means to change the fact that the second infection also effects sentient people as a whole, not just humans. That way, there's no confusion for people. Furthermore, if you could specify which layer of hell, that'd be great, so I could mark it down in the Rakshasa Layer List so that someone doesn't claim it. It'd be real awkward if there was a Rakshasa in charge of Wolf's layer...

All in all, Wolf's zanpakuto abilities are all very generalised, so while it doesn't specify a lot of points, since there aren't a lot of points covered, there's not much to contest. I'm fine with them mostly on a trust basis, as in if I get word of their abuse and absurd usage, like all things approved, we'll just come back and review them once more, that time around probably adding more limitations and requiring more variables defined.

Rock Solid Defense: Change this to "he wouldn't be able to push past an Elite level of durability with this technique."

Trace Metal Manipulation: Establish a way this ability can activate. Does he just look at someone and use this ability (I hope not)? I'm assuming it requires the interaction of his energy on the person? If that's the case, that's fine, just put that in the ability.

Killer Intent: How is this stronger, the higher the target's mental deduction is? What makes it so that it's higher mental deduction that gets affected worse, not vise versa? I don't understand the explanation currently provided.

Air Play: The thing that confuses me is that he can cause massive weather movements, but his effective range is 50 metres. If you clarified that the only thing that went beyond 50 metres was that ability to manipulate the weather, that'd be fine, but it'd definitely take way more than just 2 posts to induce something as large as a hurricane, especially since it's off an ability that's in general considerably short ranged. If anything, this should be put as an entirely different ability, though it operates on similar principles.

Chamber of Blades: What's the incantation?

King's Blade: Since this is Wolf accessing his old Zanpakuto, it should therefore null Pestilence's zanpakuto abilities since it's specifically breaking down the soul of the blade and morphing it to something else. That said, there's not much wrong with this ability, I'd just say if the inorganic matter is say coated with a person's energy or something, or in some way similarly connected to their energy or soul, it wouldn't necessary also invalidate this ability, but at least drastically reduce its effectiveness. This is mostly because it wouldn't really be fair for him to be able to just auto-break someone's zanpakuto on mere contact, or an item equivalent.

Death Matter: I'd say that punches on the scale of smaller hydrogen bombs is fine, just not with every punch. He'd need to encase his fists in a considerable amount of death matter before that happens, but it's still within the realm of function for him.

Supreme Regeneration: I was really skeptical at first, but even though it's in most circumstances impossible to stop his regeneration, there's pretty good reason as to why by conventional means it's near impossible to kill him, and why his death matter interacts in a way that usually requires the 3-step process. The biggest reason I think this is fine is because it's technically not the only method of killing him, and you can still very well incapacitate him through other means as well, albeit fairly specific in their own right. That, and as it makes note, his energy isn't infinite so it's not like he'll indefinitely continue regenerating.

Breaker Core: I don't really get the premise of this ability, or how it actually sensibly functions. The ability's application and the limitations present are fine, I just need more justification and clarification on why this ability is a thing Wolf can do at all. It seems relatively uncharacteristic compared to the rest of his ability set.

The Matter Fuse: I'm assuming the specific example of him creating a zanpakuto and fusing the two different elements into it, doesn't actually mean he could straight up create a fully independently functioning zanpakuto as a whole just on the spot, right? Like, with the capacity to have a zanpakuto spirit manifest through it and everything? Since that might be problematic, but just him making like a zanpakuto physical weapon and form out of death matter, with comparable durability, etc.--that would be fine.

« Application Checklist »
  • Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]
  • Appearance Picture is Visible [X]
  • Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
  • 10 sentences for personality [X]
  • History is of appropriate length [X]
  • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [O]
  • Powers are described reasonably enough [O]
  • Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
  • Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]

• Comments/Notes: Also make sure that you move all his masters down to elite. Fix and address the issues brought up and things should be good to go.

Tier: TBD.

The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:24 am
King's Blade: There's no mention of it locking off the previous shikokai form abilities once entering this unique form.

Death Matter: Still need the "every punch being a small hydrogen bomb" to be changed.

Breaker Core: I don't really get the premise of this ability, or how it actually sensibly functions. The ability's application and the limitations present are fine, I just need more justification and clarification on why this ability is a thing Wolf can do at all. It seems relatively uncharacteristic compared to the rest of his ability set.

• Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]

• Comments/Notes: Everything else was fixed or removed; just need these few things addressed and we should be good to go. Thanks for working with me, and thank you especially for being patient; I know this review was long overdue.

Tier: TBD.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:31 am
  • Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]

Will Skills
  • Willpower/Determination: Grand Master
  • Mental Deduction: Advanced
  • Focus: Advanced

Code:
[b][u]Will Skills[/u][/b]
[list][*][b]Willpower/Determination:[/b] Grand Master
[*][b]Mental Deduction:[/b] Advanced
[*][b]Focus:[/b] Advanced
[/list]

• Comments/Notes: Weba, Lio. Approving Grand Master in Willpower due to him having had GM in Pain Endurance, as well as the things Wolf has done in the past warranting and being appropriately representative of a Grand Master in Willpower. Also, his Shikokai will be grandfathered in despite not being of the usual entrance tier to Shikokai.

Tier: 0-3-

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20650/20000The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:41 pm
[mod]Due to member inactivity, this character is being moved to the archives. If the member becomes active again in the future, they may be reinstated.[/mod]

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Catalyst Wolf Lionus [APPROVED, 0-3-; Shinigami] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:40 pm
[mod]Archiving for inactivity. Please speak to staff if you would like this unarchived.[/mod]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum