Joined : 2012-11-20
Posts : 828
Karma : 8
Location : Never Land
|Subject Post 1Subject: The Maggot Nests Defence: AS OF 2222. Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:20 am|| |
NEST OF MAGGOTS 2222 DEFENCE
Ujimushi no Su
The Nest of Maggots is located in the most secluded part of the Second Division grounds. It’s located in the northwest section of their grounds and is accessible by a wooden bridge the leads toward the entrance. Over the past hundred years, countless individuals began escaping the Maggots Nest which allowed Central 46 to question the strength of the Gotei 13 and that of the jail. Accusations soon aroused that prisoners were being released so that they refrained from braking out thus not tarnishing the Goteis reputation but all of them were false. The numerous senile fools of Central 46 summoned the 13 Division Captains the moment the accusations had reached their chambers, but after extensive investigations nothing was proven and the Central 46 decided to leave the matter be!
Several years after another individual broke out which now screamed to the members of Central 46 that something had to be done otherwise the matter would un-willing fully be passed down to Division Zero, the messengers to the Soul King. They aimed for that not to happen and thus summoned the Captain Commander of the Gotei 13 into their court and instructed the individual to tighten the security of the Maggots Nest and if any more incidents took place then he would be personally held responsible and would potentially be stripped of his title as Captain Commander, simply for not maintaining order within his own organization!
The man then passed down instructions to the 9th Squad of the Gotei 13 who began renovating the compound with the aid of the Second Division in order to maximize its strength and efficiency thus minimizing the risk outbreaks that would further tarnish their reputation! Prior to this, the treatment of prisoners was rather lenient except for a few odd cases where the prisoner was to be locked away safely from the rest! From there forth changes began taking place and after two years of instantaneous renovation the prisoners were returned to the larger, stronger and more durable prison, from that day no records of out breaks had been recorded.
Measures Put In Place:
- Karu horō – Reapers Hollow: Reapers hollow is the name of the barrier that surrounds the facility. It may come to attention that the Second Division are hand to hand specialist but the individuals that have forged this barrier are among the 10 people that have transferred from the Kido Corps in order to uphold the barrier. These individuals were afraid of confrontation and feared for their lives while fighting in the open battlefields therefore the Gotei had no choice but to put their skills to better use. A combination of men and women consist of the 10 individuals all of whom are Masters at the Kido Arts and have applied certain functions to the barrier in order to maintain both the sanity of the prisoners and maintain the integrity of the barrier.
This barrier is unique as it works on rather complex principles. Firstly, it’s a three layer barrier. The first layer is on the inside of the Maggots Nest this layer absorbs the impact of attacks from the prisoners. For example if a prisoner begins to attack the wall in the hopes of escaping the barrier will receive the impact and equally distribute it across the first layer in order to minimize impact and in effect make their attack useless. The structure of this layer resembles that of a giant ionic lattice therefore it can divert a lot of pressure prior to breaking! Furthermore, the regulator is released through this layer of the barrier.
Layer Two: The second layer is located in the middle of the rock and reinforces the structure in so that if the first layer is eradicated the second can still receive impact without the jail collapsing in on itself! It essentially acts as a support for the first barrier, however the situation has never reached the point where the first barrier had been destroyed therefore its complete efficiency in support is unknown however it was tested and is guaranteed to be four times stronger than the first layer of the barrier.
Third Layer: The third layer is the strongest among the trio; it unlike the other layers receives a constant addition of power and was reinforced by a Kido from Ushoda Hachigen when the Vizard allied with the Gotei 13. This power is still intact and if anyone was to somehow reach the third barrier they would feel its almighty wrath! Once the first barrier is broken, the third enters the defensive mode therefore it begins to glow Azure blue while the barrier technicians gain insight into the facility in order to review the situation and call for back up depending on the threat at hand.
The third barrier unlike the others is located on the outside of the facility. So the first is on the inside, the second in the middle of the foundation while the third remains on the outside. Now, if by some miracle individual reaches that barrier and is still alive then the barrier will begin to fight back. Firstly, it will release a technique by the name of ‘Kin’; this technique will manifest itself from the barrier and restrain the opponent. It has been seen to restrain a lot of individuals in the past and is among the strongest Bakudo spell available. Now this power is rather strong when performed with one Kido Master however in this case it’s performed by 10 individuals who combine their power and enforce this technique upon the opponent. If they can still move after being restraint by the technique then their either some fucked up beast nevertheless the Kin technique has an emblem on it and upon contact with the opponent the emblem acts in the similar manner to Bakudo 9 Geki but on a larger and stronger scale.
The three barriers are rather powerful and since the facility drains power from the prisoners it would be extremely hard if not impossible for someone to reach Layer Two never mind escape. The system consists of three layers therefore when the first is destroyed the power that was distributed to it amplifies the second barrier and when the second is destroyed that power is used to up the strength of the third barrier thus if the individual suffered at the first barrier there would be little to no chance of him or her of escaping!
- Regyurētā – Regulator: The regulator is an artificial creation that manifests itself from a Kido. The spiritual powers of individuals that reside within the facility are naturally absorbed by the barriers so that the prisoners have little to no power to even attempt an uprising with. However there are cases where individual have a lot of spiritual pressure or are just foolish and attack the first barrier but upon attacking the first barrier the Regulator appears. This creation is 7 feet tall and consists of raw reishi as it manifest into a temperate being. The being has mainly two abilities, Kido and Hand to Hand combat; unlike Shinigami this thing doesn’t have a Zanpakutō as it hasn’t got a soul but its attacks consist of previous knowledge.
Previous knowledge is basically information created and stored by the Second Squad leaders. From a perspective, the regulator is almost a robot whose only memories are those of combat. The thing walks out from the barrier consisting of Reishi at which point it begins to be enveloped by black, the standard color of the shinigami attire. The only thing the regulator knows is the art of hand to hand and the Kido that have been pre-recorded and stored for his accessibility. With him being consisted of Reishi he has no face and simply has a mask encasing the area where an individual’s face would be.
Nonetheless it’s a formidable opponent that restrains the individuals attempting an uprising and drains them of a large majority of their pent up spiritual energy so they don’t get any ideas in the future. The interesting thing about him or it is that it’s made of sheer Reishi and thus has 360 degree vision. This in effect makes him the top artificial candidate to watch over the facility as he can relay signals directly to Squad two or the Barrier Enforcers if the situation escalates. In comparison to the Shinigami that reside within the Maggots Nest, this individual is a rather over powering, loyal and a trustworthy creation whose sole purpose is to serve the Gotei 13.
- Ken'o-sha no san-jō – Cube of Abomination: The Cube Of Abomination was created by the Crazy Squad 12 Captain Mayuri Kurotsuchi when instructed by the Captain Commander back in the time that the accusations of releasing prisoners first arose. Numerous versions of the cube were created but the once used on the prisoners is the perfected version! This cube is placed directly into the prisoner’s chest, it’s a painless technique where the hand of Kurotsuchi passes through the body and the cube is inserted. For the vast majority of this the prisoners are asleep however what the cube does is rather brutal.
The cube is artificially inserted into the prisoner and as it descends into the inner world it opens up and expands in size. It then moves at potent speeds in order to capture the Inner Spirit and ensnare them in the trap; after this, the cube begins to lock and once it locks it simply drops to the deepest part of the inner world where the Shinigami will have no access to his inner spiritual power and thus will lose all his power and compatibility with their Zanpakutō!
In the facility the only place where the Shinigami could attain spiritual power is their inner spirits releasing if they attained either Shikai or Bankai however with this in place they were restricted from communicating with their Zanpakutō Spirit and will have almost no power to revolt against the Gotei 13 or its officials but this in effect ruins their potential as Shinigami and metaphorically kills those who cherish their Zanpakutō!
- Maboroshi no seimei – Illusive Life: Due to the ever increasing cases of Insanity, this machine was created in order to allow the prisoners to feel more at peace. It increases the flow of oxygen while adding only a fraction of Nitrous Oxide into the air. The fraction added is immeasurable in comparison to the levels of oxygen however it seems to be key in keeping spirits up as the inmates tend to laugh a lot more often now and signs of depression have decreased. It in no way harms the inmates but simply entertains them easier as they tend to laugh more often.
This wasn’t something significant however the reason to why they implemented is apparent since the individuals that more often than not attempt to escape suffer from mental disorders and want to simply be free of the forsaken facility therefore attempt everything to free themselves.
- Tera faibu – The Temple Five: The name really says it all but to explain further consider the Gate Guardians and now think of one with weapon prowess, one with speed, one with Hakuda, one with Kido and one with raw strength. These five individuals serve under the second division’s head of Detention and are considered Captain Level though they have a special purpose which is solely to protect that area and are thus not specialised in anything other than their specified area. ((When the temple 5 NPC s will be made they will be linked below))
What if I attack the Maggots Nest from the outside? Or my friend breaks me out?
Attacking the Maggots nest is setting yourself up for failure. The first reason being is that you have to take on the Temple Five to begin with which is a rather hassle and eventually the other Captains will be informed and will aid the Temple Five in securing the attacker and maybe even trapping them in the Maggots Nest for their insolence. The second reason is that if you were to beat the Temple Five you would still be faced with the third barrier which would instantly seal your weakened character thus bringing an end to the attempt. But say by some method you passed the first and second barrier you would have to fight the regulator and with all the fatigue it would be rather futile.
What does this mean for my character?
This means that if your character gets locked up in Maggots Nest it will be hard if not impossible for the individual to escape no matter their strength. Some exceptions for overly powerful candidates can be made if the cube fails to trap their inner spirit and they surpass the three barriers. However, for those creating characters, if they claim to have escaped within the last 200 years then their escape wouldn’t turn out as well as the Maggots Nest has been especially reinforced to prevent such breakouts! However, you may be able to get permission to create a character that successfully escaped by either gaining permission from two moderators or an admin but you will have to state how they got out and information as to how they overcame each barrier and both the regulator and the Temple Five.