Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Styn
Styn
Established Member
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Waste of Time[PM to Join] Left_bar_bleue125/100Waste of Time[PM to Join] Empty_bar_bleue  (125/100)
Tiers:

Waste of Time[PM to Join] Empty Waste of Time[PM to Join]

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:40 am
"Look if you're not at least a human with special powers don't bother alright?" Styn said with an easy smile. With a sweeping gesture the demon indicated the multitude of prone bodies that surrounded them. Not a single death, aren't I just the pillar of restraint. "Think of one reason why you would fair better then your friends. I get it, I'm not welcome. Why not just let me leave?"

Styn stood not quite six feet tall, which put him in at a rather unremarkable height. His medium build accentuated his averageness, he wasn't quite slim, but fell short of heavily muscled. Dark green hair only an inch or so in length, could possibly be a dye job. Pale violet eyes, while a questionable fashion choice, were not outside cosmetic modification. Both ears came to slight point at the apex of their arc, something easily overlooked. His teeth might be a bit sharper then normal for a human, but they retained the same basic shape and placement. The demon's nails also came to a point and were thicker then common, but were by no means long talons or claws. All and all, discounting demonic presence which was naturally suppressed in this base form, Styn would go unremarked in most locations. Unchallenged was another story entirely.

The Knight of the First Circle sported a dark green business suit, almost black outside of direct light. The pale violet tie was clearly meant to bring out his eyes, which were somewhat concealed behind a pair of gunmetal gray glasses with translucent bottom rims. Black dress shoes capped out the attire, with especial detail paid so that the combat boot soles didn't look out of place. Still the effect lacked a certain something. First of all, his white button down shirt was untucked, which his unbuttoned dark green jacket didn't quite conceal. His tie was loosened at least an inch, and cocked slightly to the left. His pants looked a bit rumpled and his shoes were scuffed. In addition his eyes had heavy dark bags under them and his stare was half lidded, giving him the appearance of someone tired or sick.

By comparison, the bleach blond spiked mohawk of his foe was more of a fashion statement. With his black muscle shirt, and torn jeans, he looked the part of downtrodden punk. The only question was what era the young man was trying to emulate, and how the heavens he had gotten the inspiration. Styn got the reference, but his familiarity with human culture was about four hundred years out of date. Still, the kid was practically shaking in fear, surrounded by the barely conscious bodies of his friends. There were more important things then worrying about his look the demon supposed. Like, 'how can I avoid peeing my pants?'

The group of them stood in an abandoned lot, to both the left and the right were vacant buildings. The back of the lot was ringed by a chain link fence that was boarded from the other side. Styn actually wasn't sure what was on the back end of the lot, probably another set of broken structures. From what he could tell, this had once been an area for small businesses. Some sort of commercial district. Now it was just a hang out for thugs, exactly what the demon had come to find today. Ultimately his inquiries hadn't gained him any ground though. Those blessed Karakura Demons sure are lying low.

The young man came to a decision. With a roar he charged Styn. The First Circle Knight sighed, shaking his head slightly in disbelieve. How exactly did the kid think he was going to hurt him. The demon stood in a circle of not only fallen foes, but broken weapons. One of the punks had even had a gun, heavens only knew how they had managed that. This wasn't America after all, Japan wasn't nearly so forgiving. Then again it was the slums, about as lawless as you were going to get this close to Karakura Central. Kids got spunk I guess, that or he's baked out of his skull.

Styn didn't bother moving out of the way from the flashing blade. He had gotten a bit better at detecting reiatsu lately. At this range and for as long as the young man had been deliberating, it was obvious to the demon that there would be no hidden trick. The force the kid managed to bring to bear was actually a bit impressive though. Not because Styn was forced back or thrown of balance in any way, but because the blade of the knife actually snapped. Neat, I thought that only happened in movies.

A quick flickering snap of fingers grabbed the tumbling blade before it landed in the brown eyes of Morhawk, the bumbling knifer. This is why you can't have nice things. The youth's mouth dropped open in shock at the display. A flickering sigil blazed briefly on Styn's suit, Akuma Kyodo flaring to life at the impact. The strength left the kid's legs at the close call, a faint whiff of urine reached the demon's nostrils. There goes the pee, almost made it home with clean undies kid. Maybe next time.

"And now you have to change your pants. Ok ok, say no more, if you don't know, you don't know. I'm sorry to have bothered you." The demon waited a moment, foot tapping impatiently. Morhawk still seemed to be in shock. Jeez what a complete lack of manners, and self preservation instinct.

"Well?" Styn prompted.

"W-well wh-what?"

"Don't you think I deserve an apology? I mean you guys did try to kill me, and here I was being a nice guy the whole time."

"S-sorry?"

"Is that a question?" Styn asked teasingly.

"S-so sorry, please forgive us!" The young man exclaimed, scrambling to his knees and bowing his hands to the ground. His hands rested above his blond tresses flat on the ground. Wow they still do that? What a treat.

The demon laughed and turned to go. His business here would seem to be at an end. It would hardly be beneficial to let himself be discovered. There were a number of people he would rather not run into today. With a wave of his raised hand, back facing Morhawk, Styn began to walk out of the lot. He'd move into one of the near by buildings before opening a portal back to the demon realm, wouldn't do to show case any demonic talents if he didn't have to. I suppose it wasn't a complete waste, that last punk was pretty amusing.
killerants
killerants
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Waste of Time[PM to Join] Left_bar_bleue0/0Waste of Time[PM to Join] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Waste of Time[PM to Join] Empty Re: Waste of Time[PM to Join]

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:01 pm

The slums of karakura. An area that's has been forsaken by time. Most of the buildings were either destroyed or decayed. Only thugs and vacant buildings remained in this area. Why would anyone come here? Well it was a good place to find a fight. That's exactly what Zeus Yumichi was looking for.

Zeus has spiky blonde hair along with a pair of reddish eyes. Wearing a blue suit that resembled a school uniform. There is a sparkle in his eyes as he is walking towards the direction he is hearing a commotion from. "I hope there's a strong fighter over there." Zeus started walking faster. He was getting excited, especially when he started seeing a trail of unconscious bodies lying around.

"Whoa!" Zeus exclaimed as he entered the lot, and only saw two people left standing amongst a pile of more unconscious thugs. A guy with a Mohawk, and some dude in a dark green suit. Judging by the look of the Mohawk guy, Zeus assumed he was with the horde of guys on the ground. Did the man in the suit beat up all these guys? Zeus just watched as the thug charged at the man in the suit.

Zeus's eyes widened as he saw the blade come out, and then he knew this would probably be over quickly. Unexpectedly, the winner wasn't who Zeus thought it would be. What is this guy? He just broke a knife!

When he saw the man in the suit turn, Zeus yelled as loud as he could. Hey!!! What about me! Zeus stepped forward revealing himself. Then Zeus immediately chuckled as he saw the Mohawk dude's "accident". "I'm a fighter! You're a fighter! Let's fight!" To try and seem interesting Zeus activated his soul stage powers. As a yellow aura came around Zeus he jumped high. Clear above most of the buildings, and he landed right behind the man in the suit.

What do you say? I promise you wont regret it. Zeus said with confidence in his voice. He got into a boxing stance and waited. Zeus knew the man could just ignore him and leave, but he also knew this man was different. Zeus didn't know how he was different, but Zeus was prepared for anything.

template by JJ

Waste of Time[PM to Join] Rapid_Cero_Fire
Styn
Styn
Established Member
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Waste of Time[PM to Join] Left_bar_bleue125/100Waste of Time[PM to Join] Empty_bar_bleue  (125/100)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:40 am
Styn wasn't sure what to think about this most recent development. The affable young man before him clearly didn't mean him any serious harm. At the same time the demon didn't really want the kid following him around. It wouldn't do for the young man to see him do something obviously demonic. Styn had been lying low for a reason. In the end it was all a matter of what was easiest. His shifter appearance looked to be a an adult, but he knew that his mentality matched a younger person closer then his indicated age. I'm not sure if I should be irritated or intrigued. He doesn't seem like the gang banger type, so I won't find the information I want. At the same time I don't really know anything about the special students of Karakura Central.

"Sure," Styn said with a smile. "These guys don't belong here, but you...you look like you can handle yourself." The kid had jumped higher then a two story building before flipping to land behind him after all. The demon raised his left hand, cupping the side of his neck. A quick jerk of his head produced a low cracking sound. "The adult world is a stressful place kid, got to blow off steam when you can you know? Oh and you can call me Styn. Yeah, that will do for a name."

He was adopting a sort of persona. It wasn't so much that anything he said was false though. Shadow Fall worked him like a dog. Styn wasn't really the sort of person who enjoyed fighting though. Still, it was his experience that people were better able to understand motivations that they themselves were driven by. Young man walks into a bad part of town looking for a fight, finds someone else doing the same thing? No questions. And the less questions he asks, the better.

The demon wasn't a skilled fighter. Oh he was strong, and fast, but he wasn't trained. Reflexes, innate strength, speed, and power would get you pretty far in the demon world though. It wasn't that there weren't any demonic fighting arts, it was just that there weren't a terribly large amount of people who bothered with them. Styn thought that such things were fine though, he didn't underestimate Zeus's boxing stance just because he didn't have his own style. Instead the demon calmly attacked.

From the end of his speech several seconds passed, allowing for Zeus to make an introduction of his own or speak a comment of some kind. Styn did not attack the high school student by surprise, but he also didn't do it from a proper stance either. His legs were spread shoulder length by default. It was just how the demon stood, his weight evenly balanced, ready for anything. In that way it wasn't much of a stretch for him to lash out with a quick and stable low kick.

The blow was at about half the demon's regular speed and strength so the options Zeus would have in dealing with it were open ended. The kick was aimed at the outside of the young man's left knee, delivered with the top of Styn's right foot. The First Circle Knight was more then happy to keep things light, allowing his opponent the option to escalate at his leisure. Hands formerly resting at his sides raised up to about face level as Styn pivoted his body, hips turning to increase the effectiveness of the attack. Za Koa, the demon equivalent of spiritual pressure, did not rise by any great degree though. Let's start things nice an easy. Hopefully he gets bored before he gets serious.
killerants
killerants
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Waste of Time[PM to Join] Left_bar_bleue0/0Waste of Time[PM to Join] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:47 pm
Zeus cracked a huge smile. "I can do more than just handle myself." Zeus said seeming almost arrogant.

"The adult world is a stressful place kid, got to blow off steam when you can you know? Oh and you can call me Styn. Yeah that will do for a name."

"Yeah, you're right Mr. Styn, but high school isn't a picnic either. But that's not important right now. My name is Zeus Yumichi. I don't know if you heard but im kind of a big deal around here."

Zeus focused as Styn launched his attack. The man's attacked seemed to come out of nowhere. he didn't use a fighting stance or anything of the sort. This was new to Zeus, but surely wasn't going to stop him. Zeus quickly checked the kick by raising his left knee up and letting Styn's foot connect with his lower shin. is this guy serious? Styn only threw one attack. Zeus would make him pay for this mistake. He planted his foot and stepped forward to deliver a jab straight to Styn's jaw. Zeus held back, but used enough strength to let Styn know this is a challenge.

After the jab Zeus would follow up with an uppercut. Zeus was in pure offense mode. He was trying to leave little room for his opponent to counter. At the end of the uppercut Zeus decided to spice things up and release a kick of his own with his left leg. Aiming upward towards Styn's ribcage.

Zeus wasn't trying to incapacitate his opponent. He was gauging Styn. He was using enough force to let Styn know this isn't going to be easy. And he was paying close attention to Styn's reactions to the attacks, so he could get a sense of where Styn was fighting wise. Styn was definitely an unorthodox fighter, not using a fighting stance of any kind, but that didn't make Zeus hesitate at all.

Zeus was only getting more excited, as he could feel the adrenaline pumping through his body. Zeus enjoyed the thrill you can only get by fighting. It wasn't about winning or losing for Zeus. It was the joy of fighting a strong opponent, and Zeus was hoping that this fight would be full of this joy.

Styn
Styn
Established Member
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:28 pm
Zeus was clearly practiced in his fighting art, his movements were fluid and precise. As the top of Styn's foot came into contact with his opponents shin, the young human would have his first hint at the Akuma Kyodo that sheathed Styn's demonic form. While Zeus may not be able to identify exactly why, he couldn't help but notice that although in no danger of actually doing damage to his shin, the blow from Styn's kick was like being hit with a metal club attached to the end of the demon's leg.

A big deal indeed. Even in this area of highly developed spiritual might, there are probably only about ten percent of humans who could have blocked that strike.

For his part Styn would feel a quick surge of Za Koa through his body as his passive Akuma Kyodo neutralized the impact. At these speeds and levels of strength, the demon was in no threat of being even slightly injured. Things quickly escalated as the human moved on the offensive.

Styn had a very low aptitude at basic spiritual detection and evaluation. Just being exposed to someones reiatsu was not enough for the demon to judge the strength or caliber of his opponent. However, in the first exchange of blows he was able to determine several things. First, even though the human still seemed to be holding back, it was clear that Styn had an overall higher capacity. The difference would be enough to be clearly noticeable if the demon were to get serious and shift into his true form.

Sadly, as great as his current appearance was for stealth and energy efficiency, it lacked the ability to completely showcase his real potential. A fact that quickly became apparent as Styn was unable to fully keep up with the agile youth's series of attacks. The quick jab to his jaw was dodged with a slight shift of his head and body to the right. The demon's left hand reached up to grasp the offending arm as it zipped past, but missed his mark.

The slight turn that had slid him away from the jab moved him into the path of Zeus's next blow, a sharp uppercut that had Styn forced into a backward step. The air seemed to crackle viciously at the near miss, the human's golden aura flickering past in a blur of motion. This added just enough distance for the human's final strike, a brutal kick to the bottom of Styn's ribcage.

Each blow had come quicker then the one before, making it hard for Styn to grasp the timing of the strikes. In addition he had not gotten a chance to plant his feet and was slightly off balance. The best he could manage was the lowering of his right forearm to meet the kick and protect his more fragile mid section. The force of the blow was enough to push his right arm against his body.

To Zeus it would seem as though he struck a metal wall, even at his current strength the comparison would hold. Offensively Styn was reduced by not transforming, defensively the only parts of him that got harder were his hands and feet, which could become as honed as a Shinigami's blade upon shifting. What the human made of this was a matter for more calculating minds. At this point though it would be obvious that despite visual evidence to the contrary, Styn was clearly armored in some kind of powerful force.

Using the momentum from Zeus' strike, Styn danced backward slightly. During the brief interchange the bored look had faded to be replaced by one of concentration as he had tried to keep up with the human's attacks. Shaking his arm in a quick testing flick, Styn decided that there had been no real damage done. Things were going to have to heat up much farther before either of them were to the point where they were hurting each other.

The squirrelly little bastard is quicker then he looks. Not bad for a kid still in high school.

The rising tide of Za Koa within Styn hit its peak for his unreleased form in the exchange. Still his default speed seemed higher so they would most likely be moving at similar speeds. From the brief contact that Styn had made with the human's shin it would seem as though his baseline durability was also higher. This was further enhanced by his Akuma Kyodo, a skill set he had recently honed to a higher level.

Given the fact that he was fast enough to block, but not fast enough to dodge, and the fact that Zeus was a more skilled fighter, Styn decided to play to his strengths. The demon rushed forward again seeking to close the brief distance in an instant. An application of Shadow Movement was most apt for this strike.

The world was filled with shadows, so long as there was light. Even in the absence of light, a demon could work with the very fabric of the darkness to perform bursts of super human mobility. Although this was an increase in speed, in practical application it was very much like a short range teleportation. From his first step forward Styn's body began to blur as he connected to a nearby shadow and pulled himself to it. The flicker of motion would place the demon behind Zeus.

Styn was trying to grapple with his opponent, counting on his tough body to exhaust the human and end the fight quickly by choking the boy into unconsciousness. The demon's right arm moved as if in a hooking punch, but instead of trying to strike Zeus in the temple, he was instead aiming to wrap his forearm across the boy's throat. If successful he would pull the young man in close as his left arm snaked up to cradle the back of Zeus' head. This would effectively cut off the blood to the boy's brain resulting in a quick trip to lala land.

Granted, a quick end was an unlikely event, best case scenario even if the demon was feeling generous at his chances. Zeus simply had too much spunk at this point for the fight to be over so quickly. Styn's real strategy was a true showcase of his sturdy structure. In any meeting of fists that occurred from this point on, the demon would make no attempts at blocking or dodging. Instead Styn would attempt to strike while being struck in whatever manner was deemed most effective at the moment of contact. Punches would be met with punches, kicks with kicks where applicable, turning the future of this match into a no holds bared slug fest.

Last edited by Styn on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
killerants
killerants
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:59 pm
Is this guy made of metal? That was the only thing that Zeus could think of at the moment. Every time him and styn connected, Zeus felt the abnormal hardness of his opponent. Zeus then remembered the knife snapping when styn was attacked by the other guy earlier. It's almost like he was covered in armor. Zeus was confused y it, but now was not a time to be confused. Almost all of Zeus's attacks were brushed off. The kick connected, but it appeared ineffective against styn.
Zeus would attempt to formulate a plan to effectively attack styn, but he was interrupted when styn seemed to disappear for a split second. Next thing you know, styn was behind Zeus. Zeus had no time to react. He felt Styn's arm wrap around his neck, and starting to constrict.
Zeus was baffled. How did he get behind me so fast? Why does his body feel like it have armor around it? What is this guy? Those were all the questions going through Zeus's head. Zeus was beginning to doze off. He could feel his eyes slowly closing. He was a boxer not a wrestler. So he wasn't used to using grapples or escaping grapples. Zeus knew he had to do something quick or this fight would end way sooner too soon. Using his full strength, Zeus brings up his elbow and slams it down into the chest of styn.
With the small amount of space created by his elbow, Zeus pulls his chin up and slides down from Styn's clutches. Zeus then quickly rolls forward, making some space between the two. That was way too close. If he surprises me like that again, I don't know what will happen. This guy is just as fast as me, but his defense is like nothing I've ever seen. It's like I'm fighting a metal wall. Zeus was trying his hardest to figure something out. But it seemed like his only solution was to punch harder and faster.
Zeus gives styn a big smile and a thumbs up. "I'm going to break you now!" Zeus runs forward with immense speed and lets out a flurry of punches to styn. styn was obviously on defense, so Zeus had to give him the best offense he had. Zeus knew if he couldn't break Styn's incredible defense, he would be unable to win this fight.

Styn
Styn
Established Member
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:58 pm
A gasp of breath hissed out of Styn as a soft puff, as twin elbows dug into his sides. Once again, much of the physical force of the blow was turned aside by his Akuma Kyodo. The desperation induced attack was far more effective then anything Zeus had inflicted thus far and the young man was able to escape his grasp.

Damn it, I thought I had him there. My first impression was correct, definitely got some squirrelliness to him.

A tisk of irritation showed the demon's displeasure at his lack of success. There was little time to mourn the loss of positioning, as Zeus was quickly on the offensive again. A short declaration of intent followed another barrage of blows. This time Styn met the boy punch for punch.

At first the attacks were of little note, allowing Styn the opportunity to launch heavier counters. Effectively the demon was able to punch and kick right through the strikes. After a minute or so of this, with little time for either side to break away, Styn began to notice that his footwork was unsteady. Still this was more from the force of the attacks as opposed to some kind of build up of damage.

Another thirty seconds of more sloppy retaliatory strikes from Styn, and the demon began to feel a dull ache at several points in his body. This was now unmistakably damage. Unbelievably, Zeus was honing his blows against Styn like a blade against a whetstone. The young man's aura which was once a wild spray of gold sparks now formed around his fists like gloves.

It seemed like less of a new power or ability and more like intense aura concentration. Regardless five seconds later - even as Styn moved to dodge this particular punch - Zeus managed to finally land an armor piercing blow that rocked the demon's head back. For a moment his vision went dark as he stumbled several steps away, world spinning back into focus almost immediately.

Whether through some show of sportsmanship, or because he just wasn't ready for it, Zeus failed to capitalize on the opening. For Styn's part he was shocked to realize that the amount of Za Koa rushing through his body was far more then his shifter form was normally able to hold. A feeling of slight heaviness on his hands caused the demon risk a quick downward glance.

Oh great, there goes all my attempts at keeping my racial identity a secret.

White gloves now encased his loosely clenched fists. The pain and surprise had evidently caused him to transform into his true form. The idea was slightly off though. If his third eye had opened that surely the blond boy would be reacting with some kind of shock. Instead of a full transformation, Styn appeared to have undergone some kind of partial shift. He could instinctively tell that the normal limiter on his abilities was gone. However, without the full transformation, his ability to perceive the holes in space was not present.

Remarkable, to be pushed so hard by this man child. Not only that but it looks like the cat's not quite out of the bag yet. Still looks kinda like something a human could do.

Styn reached up to catch the blood dripping from his now bleeding nose, blinking away trace amounts of liquid that had pooled in his eyes. The demon inclined his head respectfully. "Not bad kid, not bad at all. It seems that you've managed to pull something out of me after all. Still this can't be the best that you've got right? You don't get this strong without some tricks to call your own. You've seen a few of mine yes? I think it's time to kick this up the next level."

Instead of rushing into his own attack, Styn patiently awaited the next wonder this Zeus Yumichi would display. The demon wasn't the sort to really enjoy a fight, but for whatever reason this felt more like a game to him. And games were always fun.
killerants
killerants
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:43 pm
A look of bewilderment spreads across Zeus's face. He was completely surprised he landed an effective blow. He had broken through Styn's inhuman defenses and now he was confident he could win. There was something off about styn though. He looked down at his hands for a moment. Zeus also took a glance and noticed Styn's hand was covered with something. "What is that?" Zeus then dismissed the thought. He didn't want to distract himself from what's really important. He knew how to hurt styn, so he has to follow up with something stronger. This was really starting to turn into a good fight. This could possibly be one of the best fights Zeus had ever been in. styn is a tough opponent, but that's what Zeus likes. Zeus tried his hardest to not crack a smile. Zeus listened to styn talk about kicking it up to the next level. It seemed styn was done playing around. "You're right. We're two adults. Enough child's play. I'll show you my chi powers." Zeus's eyes burned into a deep crimson color, and a red streak flowed down Zeus's hair. The aura around Zeus intensified. This is when Zeus is at his best. Two lights flashed at Zeus's hands, and then gold daggers made of pure chi appeared. "Is this what you wanted? Zeus charged towards styn at a high speed to catch him off guard. He was trying to slash styn with both daggers in a x formation. Zeus didn't intend to hurt styn, but rather it was a display of what he could do in this form. Zeus then asks "I showed you what I got. Now it's your turn. I know you have something up your sleeve. Your skin is harder than metal. So stop playing games, and show me what you can really do."

Styn
Styn
Established Member
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:06 pm
It was clear to Styn that the young man was enjoying the brawl so far. To be fair, it was still fairly innocent despite the flurry of blows the two had just exchanged. More so then an intent to kill, Styn sensed only the thrill of contest from Zeus. He wondered how long the young man would keep such elation while people around him were dying on the front lines. It wasn't because the demon Knight particularly wanted to inflict such mental anguish on the human, it was an honest curiosity. Would the young man be able to still find joy in combat with death exposed in all its ugly glory?

Styn didn't consider it his place to educate the youth of the human realm. Despite the fact that it seemed as though Zeus was ready to get a bit more serious, the demon felt no need to escalate the fight into a life and death battle. Instead, he carefully watched as Zeus' energy exploded with an even greater intensity. Visual effects aside the human was suddenly rushing him with weapons, and by the concentration of reiatsu in the knives, it was clear to Styn that they would be able to cut him. Fortunately they were matched in speed and the human wasn't using a particular movement art. In addition, this seemed to be more of a probing strike.

The demon was not without his own spiritually dense weapons. Raising his hands above his own head in a mirror to Zeus, Styn caught the dual strikes on the backs of his bone white gauntlets. There was a flash of reishi on impact as the cutting edge met and was halted by the gloves. The two of them were matched in strength however, Zeus would not be able to overpower the demon Knight with such a blow. Even as he was parrying the attack, Styn was working on his counter. If the young man hadn't been able to identify him as a demon yet that maybe it was time to play things a bit more openly. Besides, their current battle was sure to draw attention soon regardless, so time was already limited.

Things had been fairly tame so far, it had been a very low energy battle. Styn intended to change that. Gathering Za Koa at the front of his mouth the demon readied a high intensity black inferno blast. "HAAAAA!" Styn shouted as black energy coalesced into a fist sized orb of elemental corruption. The attack took several moments to fully materialize and the demon fully expected some sort of back pedaling from this opponent. Instead of firing it in a compact straight line, Styn bit down hard, directing the blast wave forward in a wide cone of intense heat.

The plume of flame was very similar to that of a flame thrower. If a traditional flame thrower could send out a wave of fire that was thirty feet tall. Styn would pivot his head to follow Zeus if he attempted to dodge. The attack itself would only be able to move fifty feet forward and the end of the plume would remain thirty feet in diameter. From above it would look like the area in front of Styn was suddenly a half sphere of fire. Zeus would most likely see it from the ground as a fast moving, and large wall of fire heading straight for him.

Although the heat was intense, Zeus was wrapped in the cloak of his own power. At most the young man would take minor burns from the initial strike, although the area around him would be reduced to slag. The real danger of this attack was that it was elemental corruption, and not true flame. Although the intensity of the burn might seem minor, it was in fact a poisonous parasite that would continue to eat away at Zeus' spiritual structure. This would be true even if only a small flicker of fire touched the young man. "Actually," Styn said as the flames burned themselves out an instant later. "I was thinking something more like that."
killerants
killerants
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:39 pm
All Zeus could see was a huge wall of fire. It was unlike anything he had ever seen. He could feel the heat and intensity heading towards him with each passing second. He was completely caught off guard. He drops his daggers and pushes his hands out. "Shield I need you!" You can hear him yell in desperation. In that moment, a shield the size of Zeus's upper body appeared. Styn's attack hit the shield head on. Zeus wasn't sure how long the shield could hold out. He didn't know what to do. He was backed into a fiery corner.

The shield he made was starting to lose color, as the fire attack struggled to break through. Cracks started forming on the shield. More and more of the cracks appeared as each second passed. Zeus finally gave in. He drops his shield and is immediately swallowed by the flames. A scream of anguish could be heard as Zeus felt the burning from the flames. When the flames dissipated, Zeus was on his knees. The area around him was scorched. His body was covered in scratches, bruises, and minor burns. If he had not been covered in his aura the damage could have been worse. Sweat was pouring down his face, and he was out of breath. Zeus panting heavily and obviously wasn't ready to continue this fight, but despite that he stood up. He conjured up his staff and made a dash for styn. Before he got anywhere near styn Zeus's staff faded and his around completely faded.

Zeus halted when this happened. He looked down at the ground. His power was getting weaker and he knew it.This fight had been lost. As much as Zeus would have loved to continue fighting, he knew it would be pointless. Zeus looks back up at styn and says "Alright styn, you win. There's no reason to prolong this fight." Zeus then walks up to styn and holds his hand for a hand shake. Good sportsmanship was a nice quality Zeus had."Do you want to tell me what that freaky power is you got?" Zeus smiles and grimaces as the pain from that last attack still lingered.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum