Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Starter Member
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Fleeting Children Of Dust Left_bar_bleue10/100The Fleeting Children Of Dust Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)
Tiers:

The Fleeting Children Of Dust Empty The Fleeting Children Of Dust

Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:19 pm
Abstract was the name of a man I once new. Some called him Abby, and others still called him "Kaishi"

Some one you may have noticed one of my custom character nicknames is "Kai." Suppose it's my way of carrying on the legacy of this man whom brought me into RP and opened my mind so much as a writer. Anyway, I'd like to share this little freeverse thing you might call it he wrote long ago. The man has since retired from RP and now works on a novel. Feel free to give this a read, and comment if it means anything to you.

Fleeting Children of Dust, By Abby;

Envy we the fleeting children of the dust. We who let life flow through our veins like liquid fire, denying it nothing and gorging it on all the experiences, the feelings and passions, needs, and desires that we can muster until each day burns more brightly than one hundred thousand suns and the darkness of tomorrow shudders with our passing.

Envy we who by our own mortality are made immortal with every breath we take and every bold leap forward for it is that defiance unto the last breath, unique and untarnished by the corruption of repetition and the corrosion of time that makes us different, without equal. Our perfection is not the untainted dream, nor the lifeless ideal, instead it breaths, it lives because it is the imperfections. Our skin is slick with blemish flaws and pockmark faults, torn ribbons tattered, frayed, hung loose and threadbare, but it is because of this that we stand tall, our shoulders squared as we look out into that great abyss, that place that we can not clearly see where beginning meets end and all reason falls away.

Envy we children, fleeting and imperfect, because out time is now, is then and then forever more. It is what we make it to be, what we build with our sweat, our tears, fears, prayers and dreams. It is our imperfect perfection, our world that we have wrought with every gasping breath, every passing moment. All our deaths, our lives, our struggles, and our fails. They burn like beacons, bright, unrepentant, everlasting testaments to our lives; lived, proud and full.

Envy us because we only have to open our eyes to know that we are, and that that is enough.

"Everybody Lies"
The Fleeting Children Of Dust 71f

Nihility:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum