Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Sound Of Silence Left_bar_bleue419100/999999The Sound Of Silence Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

The Sound Of Silence Empty The Sound Of Silence

Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:06 pm

Photobucket
Henrex Astillon

The Broken Raven
Descend Into Darkness

The Sound Of Silence 6EdIfMt

It was....quiet. Not a single sound came from the isolated area that the male lay in. Staring at the sky of the zone of the Demon World known as The Outlands, the male could feel a strange sense that he had not felt for a long time. Ever since Antarctica, he hadn't felt it. The sensation of feeling cold traveled across his skin, into his nervous system, which was sending shivers up and down his spine and arms. A small gasp came as his mind became aware of the need to breathe, and his body forced itself to take a breath.

"Cold....I feel....cold...." The male whispered, his glazed, black eye still gazing at the sky above him, while his long, raven black hair sprawled out on the ground beneath him, before two blinks came from him. His kimono lay parted open, revealing the scars, burns, and various wounds on his body. The black scarf that lay around his neck fluttered gently within the wind, covering his bottom lip as he lay there. His hand slowly went from his side, before reaching to the sky, then falling to his side quickly.

His head turned to the side, before turning to the other side, staring at the very bland and drab colors around him. Grey. There was a lot of it. A small sigh left him as his gaze turned back to the sky. A calm, but quiet voice echoed throughout his mind as it spoke, the spirit in question forming itself to appear next to Henrex, his knees drawn close to his chest, and his arms wrapped around them, his chin resting on the center-point of his knees. "....Why here, Henrex...?" The spirit asked, to which Henrex did not respond to at first. In all honesty, he hadn't even realized his Zanpakutō spirit's presence.

"....I...don't know...Chiya...." Henrex responded, his eye not leaving the sky. "Why...are you so interested...in looking at the sky...?" Chiya questioned again, to which a small sigh left Henrex again as his right arm lazily rose from his side, before pressing against his forehead and eyes, covering them. "....I don't feel like doing anything else....I just want....to lay here...." He whispered, the words feeling like the weight of the world to say.

Chiya's lips let out a sigh, before allowing his knees to stretch out, and he too lay his back against the rocky surface of the zone that he and his master occupied. His arms went behind his head, using them to prop his head up, and the spirit's blue eyes turned to look at Henrex, before gently rocking his head back and forth. Sitting up soon after, his pale hands gently pressed against his temples, rubbing them slowly. Another small sigh came out of him. "I don't understand how you could enjoy this...." The spirit remarked, and Henrex's head turned towards him. "I don't really enjoy it....I just kind of...do it...I guess..." He said, before shrugging lightly.

The spirit's body soon dissipated, the being returning to the sword that it came from. The sound of silence once again engulfed these lands that were on the edge of the Demon World.

SoullessSingularity
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Sound Of Silence Left_bar_bleue66000/99999The Sound Of Silence Empty_bar_bleue  (66000/99999)
Tiers:

The Sound Of Silence Empty Re: The Sound Of Silence

Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:06 pm

Rodolfo,

unfortunately awake

Rodolfo was not one for being awake at this moment, and yet here he was. Perhaps Rudi was just so frightened of his previous experience in the Demon World that it was only natural he would bring Rodolfo out. Regardless of what it was, Rodolfo was far more suitable for this land than his child farce. At the very least, he was more or less impervious to all the frightening things and scary people here. His own power, well-hidden and controlled, was also nothing to scoff at.

He wandered the Outlands. Wandering was normal to him. He had wandered for centuries, seeking food, seeking shelter. It helped him think through Rudi's memories, rooting them out and slowly relishing the times of joy, the times of play and aimless relative bliss to his own existence. Most of all, walking helped him think through all he was and all he desired to be. Rudi had been getting up on many adventures, making friends. It was a wonder, if any of them had genuinely good intentions for the child. Rodolfo didn't think so. He didn't think particularly well of anyone.

There was someone laying down. At first, Rodolfo had thought the figure was a corpse. However, he spotted the figure talking with a spirit that had come out of his blade. Perhaps a shinigami or a vizard. Or one of the other myriad of races in this universe. Rodolfo would need to approach with caution. He gently removed the mask from his pocket and place it atop his face. It was always a queer feeling, the sensation of the bone fusing to his flesh, such that the mask became his face.

Delicious irony.

Rodolfo made no move to be stealthy as he approached. Instead, he walked with a certain confident nonchalance, a way to show he was not interested in fighting and openly dared the man on the floor to make the first move if indeed he wanted to fight.

He eventually moved to sit down beside the man, far enough away as to avoid entering personal bubble space, and also to avoid accidentally stepping on the long, dark hair.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Rodolfo's voice was soothing to listen to, almost honey-smooth and with a depth that reverberated through the chest.

Coding By: [THEFROST]
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Sound Of Silence Left_bar_bleue419100/999999The Sound Of Silence Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:25 pm

THE ONE TRUE PATH

HENREX ASTILLON

Song: Cold | Artist: FlyntOfRWBYNation | Word Count: N/A

Perhaps one of the most soothing parts of this experience in the Outlands was the fact that there was no one there. No one ever came to these lands nowadays, now did they? They were called such for a reason, were they not? But, the name spoke true to what it was. There was nothing really here. That could be a warrant to stay away. But, for the ones with trouble and conflict in their hearts, it was a place where they could find refuge against the world, where people simply told them to move on. After all, many seemed to follow this simple quote:

"Only children cry. Men and women endure."

As his mind traversed the subject of this, Henrex could find himself tearing up by the slightest. To which, he wiped his eyes, and shook his head temporarily free of those thoughts. A quiet sigh left him as his head gently tilted to the side once more, staring at the crimson sky above. But, it had turned out that there were still people who intended on wandering through these abandoned lands. The sound of approaching footsteps caused Henrex's head to gently tilt backwards, and stare in the direction that the sound had come from.

A skeletal looking man stood there, with horns atop his head. He seemed fairly well-dressed, unlike Henrex, who simple wore a pitch black kimono that had small tears all over it, as well as being due for a much needed wash.

"A penny for my...?" He started, confused briefly from the statement. What did that mean again? He briefly traveled into his mind, searching for what this phrase meant. After a quick bit of digging, he soon found himself remembering what it meant. It was a slightly cryptic statement, but it was something that was used to ask someone what they were thinking about. So, the boy slowly rose from his position, and turned around to face the man who stood before him now.

"Do -- you really want to know what I'm thinking about?"

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s
SoullessSingularity
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Sound Of Silence Left_bar_bleue66000/99999The Sound Of Silence Empty_bar_bleue  (66000/99999)
Tiers:

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Rodolfo,

unfortunately awake

The stranger, whoever he was, didn't even seem to unnderstand what the man had said. Well, that is fair enough. Pennies haven't been in circulation for a century or more, and the exact colloquialism had died long ago. The term was no less antiquated than 'groovy' nowadays, despite the long lifespan of several races, including his own.

Ah, but Rodolfo was always a man directed towards his past, and the aging language allowed him to appear at least mature and well-wandered, as he was. He was perfectly capable of picking up modern slang, same as any of the other long-lived creatures.

Rodolfo's dark red eyes examined the man's clothes. Tattered and dirty, but still a black kimono nonetheless. He'd need to operate carefully. He began to walk, slowly, but walk indeed in circles around Henrex, his hands firmly at his sides to prevent him from looking as if he was reaching for a weapon. It was dangerous, after all, to trust strangers. Better not to look as if onesself was threatening.

"Well of course I do. You look like you have mant thoughts- anyone who wanders a space like this tend to. It's a good place to be alone with them, be consumed by them." He nodded, and tapped at the snout of his bone mask the same way a person might tap their nose or chin in contemplation. Closely observing Henrex, deriving ideas on who he was and why he was here.

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:03 pm

THE ONE TRUE PATH

HENREX ASTILLON

Song: Cold | Artist: RWBY OST | Word Count: N/A

The term that he had used before was most certainly a strange one to use of this day and age. There were thousands of phrases and sayings that humankind, as well as other races had altered and created throughout time as it had gone on. While it was a little nice to see that someone else respected the old ways, it was a little unexpected to see it. The skeletal stranger was, well, strange. Their dark red dots for eyes would always stare into him, examining him and studying him down to the roots of his essence.

It was a little bit unsettling, but it wasn't something that would scare him away, not like much would. As Rudolfo would pace around Henrex, his arms pinned to his sides, Henrex's eyes and body could be seen following him as well, turning his body in small, brief intervals to keep up with the circles that the Arrancar continued to make around Henrex while he paced. As this occurred, Henrex's hand would gently brush over the hilt of his weapon, a cold rush cycling up his nerves as he grew ever more unsettled from the Arrancar's mostly silent pacing.

As he spoke, and the sound of bone tapping against bone echoed in the desolate outlands, Henrex's eyes would lower slowly, before his hands would move themselves to his lap, a tinge of sadness streaming into his mismatched eyes. The half-breed took in a breath, before sighing softly. He had already hinted on two of the reasons why he was here, but there was so much more that he most likely could see from the demeanor and body language that the boy possessed.

"I just really came out here to..."

As he went to explain his reasoning for being here, and for being so far out in these lands, he found his tongue tied. His words stuck in his throat. Or, as some people said it: "A cat had his tongue". His head lowered, and for once, his mind began to fail him. All words, and all future words left him. His hand slowly rose from his side, and pressed against the side of his head, burying his pale fingers with the raven black locks of his hair. He shook his head gently, trying to think of something to say, but there was nothing. He opened his mouth to speak, and then, like a miracle, he found his thoughts returning.

"...To -- deal with my thoughts...alone."

That was a way of putting it mildly. Henrex was out here to do that, yes, but it was mainly because of what he wanted to deal with alone. These emotions were what was causing him to feel all this conflict. A sigh left him, and his body shuffled around slightly, before looking up at Rodolfo.

"Just thoughts that are making me not feel...normal."

SoullessSingularity
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Rodolfo, awake,

and very, very curious

Rodolfo was no fool, and watching Henrex brush his hand against his own weapon caused the arrancar to show his own weapon, stowed against his hip, noticeably. His hand brushed the handle of his zanpakuto, a noise almost like ripping as his silken gloves ran over the sandpaper-rough handle. No damage to his clothing could be seen, however.

As Henrex struggled to speak, the arrancar stopped walking to watch him, his other hand scraping his silken glove against the ridge-nose of his mask in deep thought. What a strange boy- and he indeed looked like a young lad, but looks were decieving in this land. It was stranger still that Henrex decided to be here, alone, in hell. Perhaps the stranger was even a demon? He couldn't tell.

Luckily for him, the man seemed not at all interested in knowing his name or identity. Rodolfo was, of course, equally uninterested. It wasn't as if either of them seemed to be the kind to share their personhoods so easily, after all. Rodolfo knew full well what it was like to need to sit, and allow onesself to be swallowed by whatever things their mind brought up.

And yet, something about Henrex struck him as someone to reach out to. Perhaps a sense of kindred spirithood, or perhaps he was being pitiful. This was hard to discern, given Rodolfo's mask gave away nothing to his actual emotions within. The arrancar tilted his head up, looking to the sky, and then back to Henrex.

"Abnormal thoughts. I know all about those. Why not tell me a few? Sometimes it's easier to understand them when you have someone else to tell them to." Of course, this would imply that Rodolfo is someone worth trusting, and this may not necessarily be the case. However, given his outward politeness and his lack of combat right off the cuff, it may be the case he didn't mean harm at all.

Regardless, and perhaps to show he wanted to remain peaceful, Rodolfo stopped pacing and instead extended his gloved hand to shake. "If you would be so kind as to indulge me, of course It is all too easy to forget that time passes when one's conflicts consume them, and then they lose more than they ever gained in their loneliness."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:44 pm

A MOST MELANCHOLIC RAVEN

HENREX ASTILLON

Song: Cold | Artist: RWBY OST | Word Count: N/A

It had seemed that the gentle touch against his weapon was a bad idea, no matter how brief or how non-threateningly is was. So, his eyes widened by the slightest as he watched the end of the skeletal man's own sword poked out from his side, and the sound of silk meeting sandpaper erupted into his ears, causing his body to scrunch up slightly as a reaction to such a sound shooting throughout his ears. But, the sound soon faded off into nothing, and Henrex was left with the man standing solitary, and he turned to face him, looking up into the two dots for his eyes.

He didn't seem to be interested in finding out about him, and to be frankly honest, Henrex wasn't really wanting to find out about him too much either. Not really because he didn't care about his personal details, but more of that he didn't want to cause him to get bored of him or anything of the sort. So, he refrained from asking him about himself. But, he did appreciate one thing about him. He listened to him. Unlike some people he had met, they tended to ignore most of what he said. However, this skeletal man did not. It was a breath of fresh air, and was something that made him a bit happier than what he currently was.

And then, he tilted his head upward, then returned his gaze to him. Asking him if he would share a few of his abnormal thoughts with him, and that he had his fair share of experience with those. It wasn't that surprising, hearing that. Didn't everyone have their fair share of abnormal thoughts? But, what he said next was something that was even more relieving. It probably was a lot easier to understand these feelings when you conversed with them to someone else. So, a small tinge of hope lit up in the boy's eyes. As he reached his arm out to shake, Henrex quickly rose to his feet, shakily reaching his own arm out and gripping Rudolfo's hand, and shaking it firmly.

"T..Thank you, sir. I-I hope you don't mind me calling you that."

After saying this, Henrex would return his arm to his side, and take in a deep breath. The weapon that had been at his side vanished into a flash of purple and black smoke, and Henrex's body trembled slightly.

"I just feel...really sad sometimes. I think it's because of my Zanpakuto, Chiya. He's -- the darkest parts of my heart and soul. We technically share a mind. And today I just feel -- lazy. I don't really feel like doing anything. It's -- strange. Everything just feels like a giant waste of time. I don't really know...what to make of it."

SoullessSingularity
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:06 pm

Rodolfo, awake,

and very, very curious

This stranger spoke of a kind of grayness of the universe Rodolfo knew well. Before, when he was still in the throes of a deep grief for his lost mentor, who he himself had eaten and consumed with the blank hunger cursed to all hollow, he had reached an apex of despair that colored the world a deep blackness, an abyss in which all things felt equally worthless.

Rodolfo's eyes strayed from Henrex to Henrex's blade, then back at the man. The express was hard to read, but there was something about Rodolfo's glowing eyes that read something more than intimidating, or analyzing. There was a softer glow, something to indicate some kind of emotion- perhaps pity, or empathy. In practice, the two emotions were more or less the same.

He nodded at Henrex regardless, listening to him with a relative silence that gave away no judgement or questioning. Rodolfo acted the man who understood exactly what Henrex was talking about, or at least was willing to listen to the man talking about how he felt about it. At the end of this, he cleared his throat to bring attention to himself, with an assumption that Henrex was likely to be lost in his own thoughts if allowed to linger too long.

"I am about to ask you something, perhaps very difficult." He spoke, and then stepped closer, until they were nearly touching. Face to face. Rodolfo reached up, and with great deliberation, moved to gently touch Henrex's shoulder. Hold it. His glove gave no warmth, as if he was dead- which he was, of course. Still, it might've been surprising given his animated being.

His other hand lay still at his side, palm open to show that he was not preparing any attacks, or anything similar. It was still hell, after all. The two needed to watch each other like hawks. Finally, he spoke, his voice powerful and deep, and smooth all at once. Irresistible in its own respects.

"When was the last time you did something you truly believed in? When you believed in yourself, and your duty, and your ability to accomplish your goals- when you thought you had reachable hopes and dreams?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:04 pm

A MOST MELANCHOLIC RAVEN

HENREX ASTILLON

Song: Reign Of The Dark | Artist: Adrian von Zielger | Word Count: N/A

This person was very -- reserved. They tended to keep to themselves a lot. However, it seemed that there was something else that also rung out as very obvious, which would be that he listened without judging right away. It was something that Henrex was definitely not used to entirely, and was glad to know that there was someone that did that. There was one person in particular, or perhaps two that were the complete opposite of that. They were not the most pleasant people to be around. So, a small sigh left Henrex as his mind briefly came across that thought.

As he continued to listen to Henrex, and not emit a single word or sound in response, he could feel the burden that usually was piled on his heart beginning to lift. It seemed that the more that he talked about it, the easier it became, and the less burdened he felt by keeping everything so bottled up in him. So, as he finished, everything was encompassed by silence. As of such, Henrex had began to feel a lot more awkward and began to wonder if he had said anything wrong, and he would soon regret it. But, Rodolfo briefly cleared his throat...well, his possible non-existent one, before saying that he was about to ask him something, and that it might be difficult.

Henrex simply nodded in reply, and braced himself for the question. What would it be? Would it really be difficult to answer? The feeling of Rodolfo gently grasping his shoulder brought him out of his thoughts, the icy feeling of his cold hand traveling up and down his shoulder, arm, and spine. His eye darted downward to see an open hand, revealing that he was still not preparing an attack, or anything like that. His gaze soon left the other man's hand, and focused on practically everywhere else, scanning over him like a predator did before attacking it's prey. That soundless aura continued to echo throughout the area as Henrex waited, before he was finally spoken to.

"When was the last time you did something you truly believed in? When you believed in yourself, and your duty, and your ability to accomplish your goals- when you thought you had reachable hopes and dreams?"

When the question was first asked, Henrex thought he knew the answer. But, as his mind slowed down, and he began to give it more and more thought, the boy found himself unable to answer it right away. So this is what he meant by difficult. The last time he did something he truly believed in, when he believed in himself, his duty, and his ability to do so. Reachable hope and dreams was the real kicker. He couldn't really remember. So, the male gently pressed a hand against his head, and kept searching into the recesses of his mind to try and figure out an answer.

"I think it was -- when I was back home, and when I was a few hundred years younger. Back when I fought to bring Japan closer to where it is now. The Siege of Osaka, The Boshin War, and even some of General Oda Nobunaga's battles that I fought with him in...those were times I always believed. As of recently -- I really don't know. I suppose it would be when I helped repair the Moon when it was destroyed. I believed that I could do it, and that I would make sure that...her efforts were not in vain."

SoullessSingularity
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:48 pm

Rodolfo, awake,

and very, very curious

Ah. So that is what it was. Simple, and easily unthreaded.

Rodolfo watched as Henrex opened his mouth as if he knew the answer right away, and then paused when his thoughts unspooled. He watched the other dig into himself, opening mental cabinets, seeking something further and further back in memory. The length this took helped Rodolfo guess at his age. He was no mere child. Probably not directly mortal the way humans were. It was likely he had lived a long time, and, to his surprise, found less than he understood to motivate him.

This stranger had lived a long time with no real accomplishments. Centuries with only failure in their mind, inevitable loss, effort without reward. This made sense, then, why he would lay uselessly in the dirt and believe nothing was worth anything. He had been taught this by time. By life itself, he was taught futility. And now the habit of learning this futility was centuries deep, and Henrex was helpless but to obey the whims of his experience.

Rational as any other person should be in realizing that their existence was so without purpose. And yet still, Rodolfo listened, patient and quiet and watching. Henrex needed to talk. He needed to realize his own voice, and then slowly realize himself what had been missing- and why he was having abnormal thoughts. Currently, that mind was circling around the truth. Maybe because it was too painful to bear witness to it fully.

"So it has been a long time, centuries of life without a taste of accomplishment or passion. Perhaps you've forgotten how it felt." He suggested, before pausing again. Something was... yes. Henrex mentioned a person. A her. A desire to keep her memory alive. A lover- a sister? Maybe a friend? Rodolfo couldn't tell in this moment, but his shoulders bunched slightly, tensing, like a predator ready to pounce. In reality, he was merely announcing his continued investment through his body language.

"Her?" His question rolled smoothly from his tongue and throat, almost ending in a purring sound in the back of his mouth. A soft encouragement to have Henrex continue, diving into himself, pulling out all that had been left under the surface to mourn.

He moved to sit, and gently, gently, pushed Henrex down with him with his hand on Henrex's shoulder. A more friendly position.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum