Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down

Make a choice

5 - 45%
6 - 55%

Total Votes: 11

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:47 pm

«SHOULD WE BRING BACK SOTM'S?»

I'm gonna make this quick: the reason why this thread is being made is so the community can decide whether or not to bring back SOTM. I got a private message from someone today that got my ol' noggin thinking about this subject.

Feel free to drop your feedback and opinions below so we can better evalute things.

Last edited by [THEFROST] on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] WVMWLOu
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:51 pm
With enough staff to allow for a proper contest, I feel it will be good to have it back.

Albiet a contest super bias because Frost is going to win all of them.
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:52 pm
I vote no. There is the reason that it removes the staff from member of the month, it doesn't seem necessary to make STOM since you can just nominate them as Members of the Month and it doesn't segregate them. I remember a while back last year I wanted to nominate Blade as MOTM for his activity and all the Azure stuff leading up to the Moon Massacre and during it but I couldn't since he was Staff, it splits them up and makes me feel you have to nominate a staff member for the staff duties they do, like being on the ball with modding stuff and not their actual site influence as a Role-playing member of the community.

Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Gamma_Signature
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] CHARACTER_LISTShould We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] GRAPHICS_THREADShould We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] TIMELINE_THREAD
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:53 pm
Honestly? Yeah, I think they should. This gives staff more of an incentive to be helpful and make a name for themselves through community and work. I understand that at one point there weren't enough staff to warrant it, but it's getting back to numbers I feel as though that these could be run without an automatic winner declared every month.

Tsubine's Character List
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:54 pm
Mirja Eeola wrote:With enough staff to allow for a proper contest, I feel it will be good to have it back.

Albiet a contest super bias because Frost is going to win all of them.

I'm not able to be voted for in the SOTM.

Gamma wrote:I vote no. There is the reason that it removes the staff from member of the month, it doesn't seem necessary to make STOM since you can just nominate them as Members of the Month and it doesn't segregate them. I remember a while back last year I wanted to nominate Blade as MOTM for his activity and all the Azure stuff leading up to the Moon Massacre and during it but I couldn't since he was Staff, it splits them up and makes me feel you have to nominate a staff member for the staff duties they do, like being on the ball with modding stuff and not their actual site influence as a Role-playing member of the community.

What do you mean you couldn't because he was staff? That doesn't make sense sicne you could have just voted for him in SOTM instead of MOTM.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:55 pm
Well then I change my vote!
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:55 pm
I'm voting yes.

Having only been back a short time, there are things I've noticed with staff that is bothersome. I believe that bring back the SoTM will aid in making staff members realize that doing all of that work can be rewarded and push them to doing the work without having FCs and Apps sitting there for days. Right now, it's nothing more than "I do all of this work without pay." Everyone who does a good job should be acknowledged. Even if there aren't 10 staff members to choose from, those who are working for us deserve some sort of recognition.

However, I do not like the rule that if they are staff, they're not allowed to be voted for the MoTM. The reward for SoTM should be for staff work and aiding members, while MoTM should be character creation, role play, and having a strong presence among your peers. If there is an issue with someone winning SoTM and MoTM, there shouldn't be. If someone is working their ass of AND being a damn good member of the community, they deserve the extra reward.
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:58 pm
I could've nominated him for SOTM but it could just be me but that just makes it sound like it is for staff work and not actually because of his RPing. As Serenity just said:

I do not like the rule that if they are staff, they're not allowed to be voted for the MoTM. The reward for SoTM should be for staff work and aiding members, while MoTM should be character creation, role play, and having a strong presence among your peers.

When you say STOM I think of someone who has been busy keeping characters modded, things approved and making the site run smooth instead of their actual content and Role-Play on the site.

Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Gamma_Signature
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] CHARACTER_LISTShould We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] GRAPHICS_THREADShould We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] TIMELINE_THREAD
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:01 pm
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Viinte

If people want 'em able to be voted for both, I can make that happen. That's not a problem.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:30 pm
incentive and recognition works in contrast. "You didn't do well enough so fuck you, you're not getting a vote." Of course it's not that serious because presumably staff is (and should) be more mature than to work for the sake of recognition and get butthurt when there isnt verbal acknowledgement in public standing. It works on a larger scale like with the other OTMs but that's because the pool of eligibility taken from is so large that the converse (being lack of recognition) is diluted significantly, and the nominees is simply exceptionally outstanding, as opposed to just doing their job appropriately with the rest failing to. After all, staff is a voluntary resoonsibility. Recognition and reward is encouraging, even if you're obligated to and expected to commit to staff work considering you joined staff, but with the small demographic it seems too disproportionate.

That and, how much incentive will it actually even bring? OTMs double as being a cool little event somewhat at the end of the month and encouraging people to play a part in the community instead of focusing solely on their plots and causing subgroups and tight circles in the scope of PH, staff being inevitably the biggest representation of this. That in kind, to go as far as to focus on this subgroup and start analysing the work distribution isn't only unnecessary, since again its pretty friggin small to be picking potentially 3 people out of 7 total, it as afofementioned does a lot to also pick out those who apparently aren't doing enough, which for a voluntary job such as staffing seems more disencouraging than incentivising. 60 hours nonstop acitivity and consciousness so I might not be writing things as coherently as I think. xd

Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month] 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum