Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Empty Feedback On Dark Theme Needed

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:35 pm
Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  47f599040129f06b9a06eb2909ccd793-d5t0xgj

Need Feedback

'ight. I'm just using this as a thread to gather 'round opinions about the dark theme. This is all experimental so there may be bugs on the site since throughout the forums existence it has been catered towards a light theme. So don't be surprised if some stuff looks weird.

If you don't like the dark theme, you can always switch back to the light by pressing the "CHOOSE THEME HERE" button on the bottom left.

Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  W4aA2bs

Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  WVMWLOu
Ludalfa
Ludalfa
The Living Microwave
The Living Microwave

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Left_bar_bleue30/100Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)
Tiers:

Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Empty Re: Feedback On Dark Theme Needed

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:41 pm
so far my question is did this change the default color of posts? some posts that were written in black are now a light purple in the light theme. outside that no other notices outside people might want to be careful what colors they use when writing as some will be using dark (me) and others will be using light.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:43 pm
Ludalfa wrote:so far my question is did this change the default color of posts? some posts that were written in black are now a light purple in the light theme. outside that no other notices outside people might want to be careful what colors they use when writing as some will be using dark (me) and others will be using light.

Yes. I believe in the black theme that the default color will be the shade of purple that you see. While, on the light, it was black.

And yeah, people may have to adjust by making sure those simple templates are able to be used on both the light and dark theme.

Those with hardstyle templates are fine, though.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:44 pm
It's unique. And the dark theme makes the white chat box blinding in comparison. If you could find a way to change the color of the chatbox? Or make the dark slightly less dark.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:45 pm
Mirja Eeola wrote:It's unique. And the dark theme makes the white chat box blinding in comparison. If you could find a way to change the color of the chatbox? Or make the dark slightly less dark.

Chatbox? Are you talking about discord box?

Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Left_bar_bleue40300/10000Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:48 pm
I kind of like the dark theme, but as someone pointed out switching back to the light theme has caused some issues with post text color. For instance in a thread that I am in:

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t17901-a-heroes-purpose-shiosteiner?highlight=Heroes+purpose

Yak's post color is invisible and needs to be highlighted to work. Also...can we get a different text color than a lighter shade of purple. Maybe something brighter that stands out a bit more?

Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  OlBPPj4
Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  VewULRr
Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  AQodtc6
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:49 pm
No. The actual chatbox that you type everything in. The thing I am typing this in.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:53 pm
Steiner Franz wrote:I kind of like the dark theme, but as someone pointed out switching back to the light theme has caused some issues with post text color. For instance in a thread that I am in:

https://www.platinumhearts.net/t17901-a-heroes-purpose-shiosteiner?highlight=Heroes+purpose

Yak's post color is invisible and needs to be highlighted to work. Also...can we get a different text color than a lighter shade of purple. Maybe something brighter that stands out a bit more?

Yak's text looks purple and that may be a bug I need to fix. It shouldn't be invisible though. Can you give me a screenshot? And can you try refreshing?

Also, what color would you recommend?

Mirja Eeola wrote:No. The actual chatbox that you type everything in. The thing I am typing this in.

Ah. I'm uncertain if I can change that to fix both themes. I'll have to look into it.

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:03 pm
Mirja Eeola wrote:No. The actual chatbox that you type everything in. The thing I am typing this in.

Should be fixed now.

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Left_bar_bleue7380/100Feedback On Dark Theme Needed  Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:04 pm
The background color is nice. Much better to look at. My main complaint is with text colors. So many people have based templates and everything around a white background. Going against a deep purple makes a lot of things harder to read.
The standardized admin warning thing for example is almost impossible to read. The faceclaims are difficult to read, but I believe those are going to be updated either way. The default color could be different as well. Might I suggest CE81BC, D88BC6, or E295D0? And since that appears to be close to links, CF8297 might work for them.

Also, username colors should be double-checked if the dark theme is going to be the default. Henrex's, for example, is too dark. Some also just really clash with the colors, but those may be custom ones that wouldn't be fair to change.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum