Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Empty Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja]

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:15 am
It had been a while since Shio had felt this simple pleasure; he walked down the hallways of the first division's barracks, head held high, hands in front of him.  He was being truly kinesthetic for the first time in a while, his entire body going into every step he took, every swing of his hips and every little hand motion.  One almost could've confused it for excitement or delight, if they didn't look too closely there.  His expression, oddly enough, was...blank, muted.  As if he were watching everything around him through a haze of drugs.  As if it were...all part of some dream, and not worthy of a real reaction.

His aura today was odder than usual, a scent that hit pleasantly against the back of the throat, but was hard to identify at first; it was something faintly earthy, appetizing in its simple savory and spiced aftertones.  There was the clear melange of searing fat surrounding him, but something -else- as well.  Some combination of spices and marinades that elevated the duck to a level beyond.  Everyone passing the shinigami today was intimately and almost painfully aware of how long it had been since they'd had a real, nourishing meal.

This is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've done in years.  Why are you making me do this?

Because there are things which need to be said.  Once you speak your mind, you'll be ready to listen.

I would feel a lot more confident about this if you -told me your name-!

I will not.  I don't share my name with caged songbirds.

He had memorized the layout of the barracks a long time ago, picking out the ideal times to go about his trainings, to avoid running into certain parties too frequently, to cultivate his interactions just so...

And now he was walking right up to a wild animal, and tugging its tail.  Definitely the dumbest thing he'd done in years.

His hand hovered just over the door, and he finally stepped a few inches back, folding them over his chest, and sighing.  If Mirja was in, then he would know soon enough.  She had a very...direct method of making her presence known.
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Empty Re: Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja]

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:46 am

Mirja, The Wolf of Eden

Mirja hung upside down in her room, dangling from the roof by her tail and grinning. It wasn't quite the prehensile tail that monkeys used, but reality got kicked in the crotch when it came to Mirja. And surprisingly, she was doing paperwork. It didn't seem like the Wolf would have the patience for that, but she was practicing in case Niflhiem or Ibiki needed a hand. She wanted to be more to them than just a pretty face. Doing it upside down was certainly interesting, but life was boring if you didn't spice it up occasionally.

And, talking of spice, she smelled someone coming. He was strange, smelling like dinner, somehow. And yet, to her nose at least, he still retained his normal smells. So she got up, and fled out of the window before he arrived. It would not do to be seen actually doing something like this. She had a reputation to uphold, after all.And so she circled around to the front entrance and then in through the corridor, sneaking up on Shio. Between her magnificent control of her own body, and her mastery of Reiki, she could make her footfalls as light as she wanted them to be, walking across a room of bubble-wrap without popping a single one. Add in a lack of Reiatsu and she was not easy to notice if she didn't want to be.

"So, What brings a little sheep to this door? I don't remember it being dinner time yet, and I am trying to watch my figure. Of course, you are you, so I can understand suicidal tendencies, and I do have a reputation for being clean with people I don't hate. So do tell, and I shall render until you what you require"

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Empty Re: Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja]

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:25 pm
Shio never twitched, never jumped, never let even a single iota of shock or surprise onto his face. Mirja was, above all else, a person who delighted in doing the unexpected. That meant this entire circumstance was one he had to play carefully, never overextending himself or allowing himself to speak too freely. He had to run every word through his head, making sure it wouldn't start her off on the wrong tangent. He turned to her, his professional mask perfectly slotted in place, his hands folded over his chest.

"Over the course of a routine patrol recently, I ran across an unexpectedly strong hollow. My report on the affair was submitted yesterday. In the process, I met a quincy and a human, ostensibly powerless. All the same, he had enough spiritual awareness to harm the hollow with a mundane blade, and he was able to kill it with surprising efficiency and speed. I was going to suggest he be evaluated for a position as a substitute shinigami, and given proper guidance and armaments, before he's approached by a rival faction."

He bowed forward, ever so slightly, allowing another faint waft of the savory smell surrounding him to be released along with the rush of air, and spoke with that same perfectly practiced "speaking to superiors" voice.

"I assumed, given your intimate understanding of the whims and interests of Captain Ibiki, you would be able to help me go through the formalities, and make sure this wasn't going to be a waste of her time."

Shio finished his statements, rising back to his full height, only to wince as he heard a sigh, loud enough to make his ears ring, go ripping through his form. His zanpakuto spirit's discontent was clear, and he had to clench his jaw, ever so slightly, to stop himself from saying something very reckless at a moment like this.

You don't honestly think you can reach your dreams if you don't spread your wings.

I -did- reach my dreams. I'm a shinigami. I'm a keeper of the balance. Leave me be. I'm the one doing the speaking here.
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Wolf Girls are Smokin' [Shio/Mirja] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Mirja, The Wolf of Eden

Blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah. Mirja's face made it clear that she was hearing Shio talk exactly like that rather than his words. And then he finished and she stared at him with such a bored expression she would make a great floor.
"Knowing you that's probably complete bullshit to draw whatever part you had to play in it. So, did you happen to get the names of these people, or were you to busy pretending to be an arse to bother with that?" she asked, leading him into her room and pulling out her Damos Rune to light the furnace. It was a brilliant bit of engineering, pilfered from Caanan and built by a friend persuaded to come down with a lot of money. It directed heat where ever she needed it, and right now, she needed it to go to the the kettle on for a cup of tea. She was an interesting little thing, could insult the crap out of a person with one hand, and give them tea and snacks with the other.

"Honestly, you have an entire rest of the Seireitei to go to for this, and you chose the one girl who's rarely even here? Plus the one who may pull your arms off and beat you to death with the sloppy end because you irritate me with your very presence. So, tell me the name of this Human and this Quincy, I'll go over some stuff, see how much bullshit you are spewing, and then make the decision. Because that's your thing, isn't it? You avoid responsibility, making decisions, bringing any degree of attention to yourself because of some guys that have recently been buried in someone's back garden and are now helping to grow their crops"

Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:18 pm
Shio's expression still never changed, but he settled into place just across from Mirja, where a guest would normally be expected to rest, and simply watched her movements. Within moments, he could already feel the bile beginning to rise. Not from the words she spoke, but from her honestly insulting methods of preparing tea, her preferences in water and her choice of brewing methods. He watched her silently, without speaking a word, as he withdrew a small pen, and began to write on it.

"Steiner and Ritsuko. The names are in my report. It's standard procedure to get positive identifications in circumstances like these. I can understand why you wouldn't know that, of course. I'm afraid I don't have any idea what you're talking about, otherwise. I came to you because you made it quite clear to me in our first interaction that Captain Ibiki holds you in high esteem, and entrusts you with a great degree of personal freedom, along with confiding a great deal of her personal wishes to you. It only seemed natural that I begin the process with you."

His expression still hadn't changed, not in the slightest, but the intensity of his gaze had changed, and there was -something- in his scent that was subtly starting to go; the fat was now darkening, as if left on the heat too long, and beginning to burn. The once pleasant smell was now gaining an undercurrent of something else, something far less enjoyable.

"I have performed my duties as they were explained to me on acceptance into the division. The role of a footsoldier is not to assume responsibility, nor to show initiative. I'm simply doing my part to keep the system running smoothly. I still don't comprehend what it is you think I'm doing, if not my job; I deliver my reports on time, I remain well within the quota, and I support my comrades ably. You're asking me to take on job duties that are unbefitting of an unseated shinigami."
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Mirja, The Wolf of Eden

The water boiled quickly, and Mirja rose to fill a pair of cups. Far from using bags, Mirja made the tea with loose leaves ground herself, mixed with revitalizing herbs that would return the vim and vigor of any man who drunk them. There were more like medicine than tea when she made it. The calming effects of tea mellowed the herbs to avoid the explosive release of energy that the herbs alone brought, and so it was a great thing for the long nights, or just getting off duty and needing a pick up to make dinner and not set the house on fire.

"Steiner and Ritsuko. Heh, I know those. The Hero and the youngling. Steiner is infectious in his motivation, and drive. I can imagine that it was a lot of fun to be with him, Shio. But, you seem to be under some sort of fallacy, my dear. Captain Ibiki holds everybody in high esteem, and everyone has a great deal of personal freedom. So long as you don't put the Seireitei in danger, and you do not neglect your Squad duties, I have no more freedom than you do. And Captain Ibiki is hardly subtle with her goals" She told him, fishing the spent leaves out of the cup and placing one in front of Shio.

"You put in a great deal of effort to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements and no more. You seem to think that I am some sort of pesudo-Captain from the way you talk to me, but in the new organization of Gotei, I am no higher than you are. You see the world black and white and that is that. No room for improvement, no room for ambition, no room for...anything. It clashes with my own persona so greatly I can barely stand to hear you talk"

Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:13 pm
"Would you like a list of the others who make no effort to perform above the bare minimum? It wouldn't take me long to provide. No, you wouldn't. Because you don't care about any of them. But you've taken an interest in me."

He tilted his head to the side, causing an almost painful-sounding crack as he did; still, his expression never changed from that neutral, almost drug-addled professional stance. It looked like he'd eaten a handful of medication so strong that his emotions were just...hidden behind a wall at this point. He spoke without inflection, as if this were all recorded messages.

"No, that's not quite right. Captain Ibiki took an interest in me. That's what you told me, wasn't it? That she sent you, specifically, to get me performing at acceptable levels again. That she was too nice, and you wouldn't let me take advantage of her kindness. You made it entirely clear that this was the will of forces beyond the control of either of ours. You spoke for Captain Ibiki, plain and simple. And now you speak for me."

He continued to watch her producing her tea, his eyes tracking the motions with surprising competence and quiet certainty, watching as she applied the boiling water first, then the leaves; a mistake, already. He allowed her to perform her work in silence, the same polite, silent professionalism as he waited for her response, and for the tea to be brought to him.

Listen to her, sweetling. She understands so little. You must make her see, can't you tell?

It would get me killed.

All the same. You once felt there were things worth dying for.

He inhaled slowly, his motions slow, almost with exaggerated care, as he stretched, allowing his robes to faintly rumple around him.

"What is it you think I am, Mirja? Some kind of...closet hero? That I put on a costume and run out into the night, leading a mundane life so I can hide my extracurricular activities? I'm a soldier, and nothing more. I don't know what it is you expect of me."
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Mirja, The Wolf of Eden

Mirja perked up at the idea that he had given. Maybe it was sarcastic, but still, she was interested in it.
"You know, that would actually be pretty helpful, Shio. Which, I am absolutely amazed you would even suggest. You are being helpful. Who'd thought. But I am trying to be more proactive in the Seireitei these days, and that list will provide just the means to do it" she told him, nodding dramatically. And then he brought up the whole Ibiki thing. Which, was interesting. He had a good memory, she had almost forgotten about that little thing.

"Ahh, that is because you were outstanding. Because you, were magnificent, little Shio. You shone like a brilliant light in the academy, and then that light, was snuffed out. And I came to find out why. Ibiki sent me because I am in her squad and have a certain way with people. That wasn't her trusting me above others, that was her using the right tool for the job. My speal was a bit of personal take on it, I was kind of...unbalanced. Unfortunate, but I deal wit hit as best I can and I don't let it rule my life, nor do I let it drag me down" she told him, taking a sip of her drink.

"Your mouth is shut so all I can hear is your heart, and that tells me little. I think you don't put on a costume, or run out into the night. You are better than you let on, better than you let yourself be, I can see it. I can smell it. When you are someone like me, it's nearly impossible to hide. What I expect of you is for you to stop holding yourself back. If not for yourself, then for the one you carry with you. How do you think your Spirit will feel if you never broach into what you can do? What if, due to willful ignorance and some sort of.....fear of progression, you never unlock your Shikai? How do you think it will make them feel to be hindered forever? How long before their irritation, turns to despair which turns to anger?"

Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:55 pm
Shio met the wolf-girl's eyes for the first time, still completely expressionless, his voice without any emotion, as he reached across the table, towards the tea she was preparing, and grabbing a cup; the scalding liquid burnt his hand, but he hardly seemed to notice as he cradled it in his hands, looking into the murky fluid, and finally speaking with a whimsical, far-off tone. It sounded like he was truly drugged now, hallucinating or even dreaming of something.

"I cheated, Mirja. That's the secret. I didn't deserve any of it. The accolades, the recognition, the attention. I found an anonymous associate, one who had a zanpakuto which specialized in creating disguises, and he took my examinations in my place. All of this is...just a waste of time. You're squeezing blood from a rock."

He shrugged faintly, downing the scalding fluids without a moment's hesitation, even as his eyes began to water just a bit from the pain...and the self-loathing at spewing this pathetic trite lie. He didn't expect Mirja to buy it, not for one second, but the habit was simply too ingrained to deny; he couldn't simply pull off a mask he'd been wearing for years. There was sticking, and there was chafing, and the face beneath was just too unfamiliar to him.

"I don't believe you for one second, Mirja. Not one word. I came here to discuss Steiner, not me. If you're going to continue turning this into a pep talk, then go right ahead. It won't matter. I want none of what you have to offer, and I care nothing for your attempts to read my heart. I've already gotten -everything- I want in the world. All I care about right now is helping someone else get what they wish for."
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Mirja, The Wolf of Eden

Mirja heard that he had cheated, and didn't believe him for a second. He was too sincere earlier about this whole thing for him to ever have actually never done it. But, she was going to call his bluff regardless. And make him Tsubasa's problem, kekekekek. That man had a way of drawing out the hidden potential in a sponge. So Shio, well, he would get along very well with the Unabara head.
"You lied? Well, I'll track down this man. Zanpaktou specializing in creating disguises shouldn't be hard to find. People have been keeping a very close eye on those kind of Zanpaktous since Aizen. And if you, as a student of Shin'o Academy, managed to act with such subtlety and subdefuge to trick everyone to this degree....well, that is interesting"

She drew up a piece of paper and started writing on it with a quick hand. It wasn't pristine, but strangely, was not overly messy either. it was a standard hand. Finishing in seconds, she blew on the ink to cool it, and then rolled it up.
"This is a transfer to the fifth division. Your talents are being wasted here, Shio. With a little bit of training you will be a magnificent in that place. I will also expect the list on my desk by the end of the week" She told him, heading to exit and go give the request to someone that could follow through on it. This was no bluff, she was honestly going to go through with it. "Unless, of course, you want to refuse. I mean, it's your choice but with your admission I would have to send you back to Shin'o Academy to redo the six years. And make sure that you were under guard all day so you don't repeat the same tricks you did last time"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum