Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
MWD
MWD
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Left_bar_bleue115400/99999New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Empty_bar_bleue  (115400/99999)
Tiers:

New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Empty New Genin: Yoriko Morri!

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:35 pm

The Wandering Genin

Yoriko Morri

New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Watch?v=-5qhNRmMilI

Song: Beautiful Chinese Music - Bamboo Flute | Artist: NA | Word Count: N/A
The public training grounds of the Seireitei.

Many people have come and gone from this place. It has been subject to all kinds of abilities born from the souls of many Shinigami (and on the rare occasion, from those who weren't Shinigami). Ranging from the divine to the humble. Powers that could shake the heaven or just kick up the dust from the road. Swings of blades that could tear even space or some so dull it couldn't even cut half-melted butter.

In the path to reach the pinnacle, many Shinigami have come here to hone themselves. Despite the fact that there was a trend where the truly strong had a trend of attaining their level of power in private, there were also those who obtained precious experience or enlightenment in a public area. Right now, a single Shinigami was strolling through the field in an attempt to do that.

Twin braids of black hair, brown eyes, a young but somewhat feminine figure and a single sword at her waist. She looked like a teenager to others, but still commanded some level of respect. She was the Third Seat of the Fifth Division, so she at least possessed the lowest level of authority. Not that she needed it, but it made people less likely to refuse her.

Which was good, because she was trying to train with others. Whenever she came across someone she visualized herself fighting that person. Then, she would ask to train with that person. Sparring over and over, she tried to see through the minds of those around her. She tried to see how they developed.

This girl knew that what she lacked the most was 'a route of development'. She wanted to improve her skills at Hakuda, so she kept on fighting them with her hands and legs. She was not in a hurry, but she was not in high spirits either, having spent such a long time without obtaining an answer.

Taking care not to get in the way of anybody's training, the girl, Yoriko Morri, searched for anybody who stood out.

What kind of person would come today?
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Left_bar_bleue419100/999999New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Empty Re: New Genin: Yoriko Morri!

Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:41 pm

CAPTAIN OF THE STEALTH FORCE

HENREX ASTILLON

New Genin: Yoriko Morri! 6EdIfMt

The Seiretei's public training grounds, a place where many Shinigami would find as a relaxing place to indulge in the many forms of training that Shinigami could go under. Jinzen, sword training, hand-to-hand combat training, Kido, the list could go on forever. But today, there was a certain person there that Henrex was more than excited to meet.

A new member of the Stealth Force!

Yoriko Morri was her name, and Henrex was excited to meet his new member. After all, he was always excited to meet someone new, especially in his division. Well, his and Kuro's, but that was beside the point.

Setting down his pen and exhaling softly, Henrex rose from his chair and stepped towards the door, snapping his fingers and causing his Zanpakuto to disappear, rematerializing at the back of his waist. Stepping out of his quarters and into the sunlight of the early morning. The male's body flickered around the Covert Operations barracks as he moved fluidly around the Seireitei.

The male eventually found himself standing in the midst of the training grounds, with many Shinigami stopping to watch as the Captain of the Stealth Force silently made his way through the masses, his eyes flickering from side to side as he looked for the girl.

Passing over her for a moment, then turning his gaze back to her, the male smiled softly as he walked over to her, extending a hand down to her as he stood above her. Recalling on some basic information that he had obtained from her sign-up to the Gotei, as well as a small bit of information from the Academy, Henrex's words would not be said through his normal speech of English or Japanese -- but rather, Chinese.

"Hey there. I'm your Captain, Henrex." He said. "Judging from your attire, you must be the new member of the Stealth Force."

If Yoriko took his hand, the male would pull the girl to her feet, and scan her up and down, before giving a subtle nod. He could tell that she was definitely a member of the Stealth Force. But, there was something else that was bugging him that was also because of the attire. Was she a ninja as well? She certainly dressed for it and possibly could be interested in it. Thus, it would drive Henrex to his question:

"Are you a ninja as well?"

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s
MWD
MWD
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Left_bar_bleue115400/99999New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Empty_bar_bleue  (115400/99999)
Tiers:

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:36 pm

The Wandering Genin

Yoriko Morri

Yoriko, as a general rule, hid her emotions. She figured they were information she'd rather not hand over and so at all times her face was blank. But today was different. She was once a young shinigami looking to make ends meet too meeting her captain for the very first time and excitement poured out her like sunshine through fine white linen; she glowed from the inside out. The smile that cracked her face hadn't been seen since childhood.

The black-haired stranger introduced himself as her "captain" of the stealth division, this immediate revelation made butterflies flutter all over her stomach she immediately bowed to show respect to her commanding officer before answering his question with that same smile.

Yep! I am a ninja, although I was born in Hong Kong my father was of Japanese heritage. He gave me vast knowledge of the ways of ninjutsu, code of honor, and even their lifestyle.

Soon he extended his hand and of course she reached out and grabbed it now standing tall and proud, she didn't want too act too excited otherwise she'd give the impression of a child. So she stood firmly with a blank look on her face, trying to resist smiling once more; did she made a good impression? Only time will tell

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Left_bar_bleue419100/999999New Genin: Yoriko Morri! Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:28 pm

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

HENREX ASTILLON

Henrex's face flushed red as he saw the revelation in her eyes at his note of him being the Captain of the Stealth Force, causing a hand to raise and rub the back of his neck softly as she bowed to him before Henrex managed to regain his composure and he exhaled softly, shaking his head lightly at her attempt to show him respect. If there was one thing that Henrex didn't feel people needed to give him, it was respect for him being the Captain.

Thus, the male reached down and softly grabbed Yoriko's shoulders, pulling the girl up from her bow and softly shaking his head.

"Don't bow. I know that it's how people respect their superiors, but I don't want you to do that." He said. "Just treat me like a regular person. I don't deserve to be put on an almighty pedestal."

Then came the excitement of youth.

Seeing that girl light up, leap up, and grab his hand with so much enthusiasm caused the Captain of the Stealth Force to lighten up with a smile, remaining even as the girl stared at him blankly. He could see that she was excited, but for some reason, wasn't smiling. Therefore, the male softly put a hand on her shoulder as his head rose to meet her eyes.

"You don't have to stay all blank and emotionless, you know." He said, lowering his voice so that no one else would hear him.

After saying this, Henrex's hand fell to his side.

"I'm a bit different." He said. "I was born and raised in Japan, trained as a samurai and ninja."

Henrex figured that Yoriko would end up making the same statement that everyone who heard this would say. The statement that samurai and ninja were enemies and that they could never coexist in harmony. But, this would soon be explained.

"Now, I know you're probably going to say that samurai and ninja are enemies." He said. "But, there was a lesson that my master taught me: A single tree doesn't make a forest."

The male gestured to the various people training for a moment before his hand soon moved and rested over where his heart would be.

"The shinobi are not the heartless killers that the samurai think they are, and the samurai are not the ruthless brutes that the ninja think they are." He said.

Suddenly, an idea came to mind!

"How would you like to learn the arts of the ninja that I've acquired from my time with the shinobi?"

MWD
MWD
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:00 pm

The Wandering Genin

Yoriko Morri

"My apologizes Henrex, it won't ever happen again"

Yoriko was a bit confused that Henrex didn't like the idea of being bowed and wanted to be treated as a normal person, isn't that what most high ranking members expect from a new recruit? Maybe it worked differently in his time.

A samurai and a ninja....was that even physically possible?? She wanted to scream too the top of her lungs in excitement this was like a revelation too her, not only is her Captain a Samurai and Ninja two different warriors with different cultural views on the world but also a Stealth Division leader. This was a girl's dream come true!

She thought about what Henrex said regarding the quote his master said too him, and she understood the meaning. And it's that one person alone cannot accomplish as much as many working together, and it symbolized well as she saw the group of shinigami train with one another instead of seeing a one by their lonesome.  

Plus the comparison between ninja and samurai were right on target, despite them having differences they can learn to appreciate one another beyond the surface.

"Captain Henrex, I was wondering if you can teach me the basics and advanced ways of Hensōjutsu and Shurikenjutsu. Can i, can I?"
Yoriko couldn't help but jump up and down in front of Henrex knowing that she was ready to begin the training with a mix of squeals and quiet shouting.

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:20 pm

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

HENREX ASTILLON

"There's no need to apologize, Yoriko."

Henrex gave a warm smile after he spoke, before rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry, I just...never really found myself very comfortable being called 'Captain'. Formalities just kinda make my name sound weird."

Quickly seeing her excitement build up again as a result of his revelation of him being a samurai and ninja, Henrex softly put a hand on her head, ruffling the girl's hair as he could see that she just wanted to jump up and down from all that was being built up. But, the two arts that she wished to be trained in were two of both the simplest, yet also the hardest.

Shurikenjutsu and Hensojutsu -- the art of throwing weapons and the art of disguises -- were some of the easiest to learn and practice, but yet some of the hardest to master. This was due to some of the more advanced techniques and applications of the two skills being extremely tricky to pull off without weeks, months, or even potential years of practice.

Yet, there was a lot of hope currently placed in Yoriko. So, Henrex would have little problem with accepting this request. But, there was one problem that would be found within this. There were too many people here for maximum efficiency with this type of training. If he was to remain here with Yoriko, he knew that there would be a high chance of other people getting hurt.

Thus, Henrex would quickly pick up Yoriko, before disappearing in a burst of natural speed and Shunpo, reappearing in the small training field behind the Stealth Force and setting Yoriko down.

"I brought us here so that we could minimalize injuries to other people."

Next, he would flick his wrist and causes a handful of metal throwing stars would slide from his sleeve, and he would hold them out to the other ninja.

"We'll start with shurikenjutsu. You know the basics of what shurikenjutsu in ninjutsu entails, right?"

Flicking his wrist again, causing two more throwing stars to slide from his sleeve, Henrex would pick one of them up with his other hand and hold it out to her to show her.

"When it comes to shuriken, the aim is one of the hardest things to control. This can mean a lot of things, but, since I'll stick to the basics, for now, let's just try and make it go forward, and impale that target."

Allowing the metal star to rest on his fingers, Henrex pressed his thumb to one of the pointed ends.

"When you're throwing a shuriken, you want to make sure that it slides from your hand, so the aim feels flowing and natural."

Releasing his stance and turning to the ninja, Henrex nodded to her.

"Go ahead and try it."

As he said this, Henrex would scan over the ninja girl, a soft smile coming to his face as stole his glance to her, a hand raising over his heart for a moment, before lowering back to his side.

MWD
MWD
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 am

WANDERING GENIN

YORIKO MORRI

It was a pretty interesting chemistry these two had she was an upbeat girl ready to take on whatever challenge is in front of her while Henrex is the quiet but wise master who would one day see his pupil grow up into a wonderful shinobi. Yoriko was a bit confused about the ruffling of her hair but it was his way of showing affection which she didn't mind at all. Before being brought to what appeared to be a training field with no other people around except the two of them, of course it was obvious considering she was a beginner at this and she wouldn't wanna be responsible for poking someone's eye out.

The gleaming shine and color of those shuriken was amazing, it felt like one simple poke was enough to make a finger bleed, but she couldn't be mesmarized by their beauty for now it was time to begin the first lesson of her training.

Yoriko looked at the target and took a deep breath got into the traditional stance...since she was right handed she'd held the shuriken in her right hand, making sure to bend her arm at a 90 degree angle and layed her arm across her stomach so that her forearm touches her stomach and her hand is on the left side of her body.

While flicking the end of her wrist would allow more external force it's very difficult especially for a beginner such as herself, so Yoriko decided it'd be best to not to think about flicking her wrist since she wasn't used to the idea of throwing a shuriken.

"Ha!

Then she kept her elbow where it is and quickly extended her arm out to the front and released as her arm come out in front of her hitting the target.

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:15 pm

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

HENREX ASTILLON

The art of shurikenjutsu was one that Henrex took a lot of time into teaching. It was one that he observed with careful amounts of precision, and a lot of practice to even master some of the basics, much less something like ikki gokken, the "Five Blades in One Breath" technique. Thus, there would be subtle details that Henrex would be able to pick up as he observed.

He could tell that she was right-handed and that she knew the traditional stance. This allowed him to deduce the fact of her knowledge of the basics -- as the position of her arm gave that away, earning a subtle nod from the male as he watched her. However, his gaze turned puzzled as he saw her hand turn outward, while her wrist and the rest of her body remained in the same position.

Tilting his head to the side as he watched this, Henrex quickly flicked his wrist, causing more shuriken to slide into his hand, before parting them.

"Not bad, but you looked a bit too...rigid."

Handing three more to her before getting more for himself, Henrex drew his arm to the opposing side, before his arm moved within the span of a second, the throwing star sliding cleanly off his hand, expertly piercing the center of the target as his arm fell back to his side and into his poncho.

"While rigid movements can be good when it comes to ensuring accuracy, throwing speed and the ability to do this in rapid succession is the core points of shurikenjutsu."

Ergo, he pointed to a new target, one that hung from a tree, tilted a bit to the side.

"Try and hit that one."

MWD
MWD
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

WANDERING GENIN

YORIKO MORRI

Yoriko looked at Henrex as he critiqued her overall throwing ability and the handling of the shuriken, while he was impressed that she was able to pull it off he was concerned about the stiff movements. She was going for accuracy rather then rapid-fire besides isn't it better to ensure that the opponent or in this case a target dummy was taken down without having your shurikens hit nothing?

However it was ridiculous to disobey a master's advice so she silently obliged and tried again.

"I understand Henrex.." she said before positioning her body to the same stance she did earlier and decided to take Henrex's advice by relaxing her body this time. The throwing would be more supple compared to earlier as she threw the three shuriken at the training dummy

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:02 am

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

HENREX ASTILLON

Bending a shuriken was a rather difficult thing to grasp for those who were learning ninjutsu for the first time, and often something that required a large deal of practice, eventually leading someone to perform ikki-goken -- five blades in one breath. Pulling another set of throwing knives out, Henrex spread the weapons apart, showing the multitude.

"When it comes to using multiple shurikens at once, you'll want to focus more on speed, rather than accuracy."

Stepping forward and looking at the three that Yoriko had thrown, he pointed to the closeness of them, before gesturing to his own shuriken.

"With a large amount of shuriken, you need to be able to get them out quickly. Since it doesn't matter if they're accurate or not, you know that at least one should hit its target."

Another lesson he recalled from Soke, during his times in the Iga Mountains. A somber look passed over his face as he silently appreciated his teacher's lessons, hoping that he would be proud of him, teaching the ways of the ninja and preventing it from dying. Thus, brandishing a single shuriken, the male went silent and quietly exhaled as he faced another target before his arm shot outward, impaling the target mercilessly.

"However, singular shuriken should be saved for stealth missions, as the accuracy can ensure a hit or a quick kill."

Then, Henrex turned to his student, letting his arm fall to his side as he smiled warmly.

"See what I mean, Yoriko?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum