Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Way With Knives [Private] Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Way With Knives [Private] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

A Way With Knives [Private] Empty A Way With Knives [Private]

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:48 am
This was wrong, so very wrong. It was supposed to be an easy mission to take out a couple of hollow that had somehow made their way into a Soul Society. It was a very rare incident, but there were a few times it did happen. Of course, the one time she had to take care of it was when their information was wrong. There were a few hollow, yes, but the fact that a low level arrancar was leading them had not been discovered. This felt like a case of arrogance on the Gotei's part. It should have been checked out much more thoroughly that it was. Either that, or the Arrancar was a lot more skilled than she was assuming. Either way, Malia was pretty badly injured.

Malia sat at the base of a thick tree, her back pressed against the trunk, and her hand applying pressure at her side to try and slow the bleeding. She could sense the Arrancar coming toward her, hearing it mock her. It knew where she was and she could tell as the bastard slowly moved in on her location. Still, she had to come up with some sort of plan. With her shikai already activated and having struck him in four different spots to create four separate targets, Malia was deriving her last plan. If this didn't work, she was dead. Luckily for her, she didn't plan on failing and wasn't going to die by the hand of a fucking Arrancar. With a flick of her wrists, she summoned six daggers, three between the fingers on each hand. She threw the first three away from her and away from her opponent before revealing herself. She hopped out into his sight, throwing the other three daggers at him.

"You're gonna die here!" she claimed as she charged him along with her thrown daggers. Their eyes met, two fierce fighters charging each other for one final chance at victory. He dodged all three of her daggers and swung his sword at her neck. Malia yelled at the top of her lungs as she ducked backwards to dodge, bending her body away as if she were playing limbo. The sword flew over her and at the same time, the first three daggers she threw shot over her as well, piercing the one mark she placed on his chest. The daggers vanished in a puff of black reiryoku and Malia continued bending back into a flip, landing on her feet. As she landed, her opponent yelled angrily and went to charge without thinking. His body weakened from the poison now coursing through him, he didn't sense the other three daggers having made their way back. One hit the back of his neck, the second the center of his back, and the final one struck the back of his upper right arm. His body terribly weakened, he was barely able to move.

"Oh look." Malia said through heavy breathing and wiping blood from her forehead, "I win." The Arrancar hissed angrily, "You stupid bitch! What sort of dirty trick is that?!" "There's no playing dirty in a fight to the death. My life over yours? Mine every day of the week, you insignificant scum." Malia smirked and laughed at him as he tried pushing himself to his feet for another attack. "No, you don't." Malia shunpo'd forward, pressing her foot into his chest and pinning him to the ground. Summoning a final dagger into her hand, she was about to stab when she saw his cocky smile. "What are you so happy about? You're gonna die." she asked, eyebrow raised. "Yeah, I know. Doesn't matter. You Shinigami... you'll fall soon enough. You have no idea what's coming your way." Malia scoffed at it and threw her dagger to the right. It went about twenty feet before turning back and flying into a mark she had put on his throat. As he disintegrated, Malia felt a tinge of regret.

"That... was stupid." she thought, but had little time to think on it. As the adrenaline of battle faded and she began to relax, the pain set in and she fell to one knee. She slid a summoned dagger back into her sheathe to seal her zanpakuto and held her side, trying to slow the blood again, but she could tell she had lot quite a bit. And that wasn't to mention the cut on her head, possibly fractured rib, and the stab wound in her right leg. "Sh-Shit." she muttered, forcing herself to her feet, fighting through the pain to get back to the Seireitei. "Something tells me.. I fucked up this time..."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Way With Knives [Private] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999A Way With Knives [Private] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

A Way With Knives [Private] Empty Re: A Way With Knives [Private]

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:42 pm

CAPTAIN OF THE STEALTH FORCE

HENREX ASTILLON

A Way With Knives [Private] 6EdIfMt

This was certainly a rare case. A group of hollows, lead by a lone, low-level Arrancar breaking into the Seireitei. It was something that had, until he had received the full information, remained unchecked -- something that gave the group enough of leeway to cause some minor havoc. Surprisingly, Henrex was not within his office when this news reached him. Rather, he was in the very epicenter of the conflict when he heard it.

Sitting in the forests of the Rukongai, the Captain of the Stealth Force was simply there for one reason -- to indulge more in the arts that he loved so very much. Thus, with a shakuhachi in hand, the male softly played the solemn, languid notes of Shika no Tone as he toned himself out to the physical world. But, it soon was able to bleed back into his senses as he felt the presence of the Arrancar begin to grow near.

But, even with his speed, he was still quite a distance away from where he was. Even for a low-level Arrancar, he was able to make his presence known.

'Obstinent.'

So, putting away the instrument and rising to his feet, the male disappeared in an instant, his body moving fluidly through the air around him as he moved, sliding around to avoid the various things that would halt him. As he traveled, his senses and energy reached out, able to ping back the two energy signatures that clashed in the far-ahead distance.

One of them was the Arrancar, but the other was...different. One that seemed familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it. But, this was enough incentive to keep moving. Now pushing himself to perform multiple flash steps to keep his speed up, Henrex began to move even faster, until he reached it. The movement instantly stopped, and Henrex watched as the final bits of their brawl occurred.

He watched the Arrancar disintegrate, and Henrex breathed a soft sigh of relief. But, his gaze soon turned to worry as he turned his head to the creature's opponent. He watched as she rose to her feet and began making her way back to the Seireitei. As he was about to turn around and return to where he came, he felt the presence of another. The rapidly approaching spiritual presence of a Hollow.

Turning around, he saw a flash of white speeding towards the injured girl, and Henrex immediately lept into action. His hand dropped to his sword and his body lurched forward, disappearing in a flash step and meeting the Hollow halfway. The blade clashed against the bone of its mask, and Henrex's other hand slowly rose from his side, reaching forward and pressing two fingers against the creature's forehead.

A flash of blue came from his hand, and a lightning bolt jettisoned from the tips of his fingers, giving the fallen spirit a massive jolt of electricity, before a swift cut was issued from his sword, cutting the Hollow down in the manner of moments. Quickly returning the sword to its sheath, Henrex then turned to face Malia, seeing her struggle just to stand, and the male stepped forward, softly putting a hand on her shoulder.

"You're hurt."

As he said this, the male's body would move to be in front of her, his hand moved to the wound on her head, his hand glowing with a golden light as the Seal of Heroism began to shine, coating Malia in a warm, golden light as her wounds would begin to heal while his hand also formed the hand sign for Sha, mentally speaking the command. As this was done, she would notice that the healing that her body would go under would be healing at an even faster rate.

"Let's get back to the Seireitei."

With that, Henrex would begin walking back to the Sereitei, more than likely keeping the girl stable, and on two feet, as they would begin their journey back to the Seireitei.

"Hey...you're the one who recently joined the Stealth Force, right? I'm the Captain, Henrex Astillon."

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Way With Knives [Private] Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Way With Knives [Private] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:22 pm
It was all calming down as the rush of battle faded away. She could only hear the slow breeze move rustling the leaves above. She did not sense the second enemy coming at her. The desire to make that journey home clouded her mind, along with the pain and blurry vision caused by the loss of blood. As she took a step forward, she finally sensed it there. It was right behind her and she did not have the strength to move. In that short bit of a second, she thought she was dead. The blow that was to end her life never came. Instead, there was a rush of familiar reiatsu clashing with the one that thirsted for her blood. She looked back at the scene as it ended. There had been a short battle behind her and her rescuer slaughtered the beast before she could even turn to look. Impressive timing and skill, but who was it that saved her life?

"It's you."

Malia gasped at the sight, muttering the two words under her breath. They hadn't seen each other in a very long while and she was now new to his Division. He didn't recognize her from way back then. Good. She'd rather keep that a secret for now. He came to her after sheathing his sword, setting a hand on her shoulder. She tensed, half from the pain and the other half from the surprise of learning the identity of her savior. There was an immediate trust in this moment as his hand traveled to her forehead and began glowing. She was surprised by the golden color of the energy he used, but was more surprised by the feeling she got moments later. Her labored breathing was able to calm, a warm numbness came over her as her body rapidly healed.

"Yes, of course. And thank you for both saving me and for whatever it was you just did. I'm already feeling much better, like I'm healing even faster than we Shinigami normally heal... That's an impressive skill you have."

Malia moved to follow him. Originally, she'd walk behind him, like a subordinate following her superior. That had been the intention too. However, her struggling to walk must have caught his attention again since he chose to keep her on her feet. She was silent, appreciative of his help. Every now and then, she'd glance over to him, wondering and thinking to herself. Did he recognize her? Should she say something? Why the hell was he even out here in the first place?! Her first question was answered when he spoke up, asking about her being a new addition to his Division. So, he really didn't recognize her. That was a relief. It was still her secret after all.

"I know that! I recognize you, of course, Captain! I did not know you were a healer as well as a combatant, though. That's an impressive feat. If you don't mind me asking, why were you out here? I'm glad you were since I am alive, but I would never have expected someone of your caliber to rescue me."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Way With Knives [Private] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999A Way With Knives [Private] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:43 pm

THE LIVING TEMPEST

HENREX ASTILLON

Silence engulfed the clearing, only the soft chirping of birds breaking it. Henrex's could feel his own rush from the fight die down as the grip on his weapon had loosened before the next events took place. As his weapon was put away, the ears of the avian picked up the softness of her voice, a small sense of familiarity and nostalgia picking at his mind, even from the inability to understand what she had said.

The man's hand would remain to hover over girl's head as they walked, smiling softly as she took notice of the abnormal level of mending that Henrex had performed on her. So, as a response to this, Henrex's hand would reach forward, moving so that it would now be within the girl's field of vision, before opening and revealing the palm of her hand, displaying the brilliant blue mark on his hand that gleamed in the morning sun, along with the golden energy that the Holy Essence within it gave off.

"It's a seal. A seal that allows me to live up to the oath I swore long ago to protect those I love."

His fingers slowly curled in, and his own brief glances would be had towards Malia. There was a strange sense of nostalgia in her presence. It interested him. There was something in the past that she reminded him of, but what? It was something that fueled his curiosity and made him take even more occasional glances at her, before facing forward.

"I have a habit of coming out here. I play my shakuhachi a lot, and I practice a lot out here."

Then, a half-smile, half-frown would play at Henrex's face, a hand rising to the back of his neck -- one of the habits that he had formed as a reaction to whenever he felt nervous, embarrassed, or unsure.

"Well...if I can't keep my squadmates safe, what kind of Captain am I?"

The hints of a frown soon faded, his smile now being full and genuine.

"How's your leg and side, uh...?"

And then, he mentally face-palmed. All of this, and he didn't even have one piece of information that he hadn't managed to get upon her joining the Stealth Force: her name! How that had managed to elude him, he had absolutely no idea. But, it was better to be late than never. So, the male turned his head to face Malia once more.

"Uh...s-sorry, I didn't get your name when you joined."

The Captain's face lightly blushed as he admitted the fact. How ironic that he had said that he cared deeply for his squad-mates, yet he didn't even know her name! So, as he stammered out his last lines, his hand would grip the back of his neck tighter, unable to truly think of anything else to say or do.

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:44 pm
Being in his presence was more natural than she expected it to be. Malia had assumed he'd be a bit of a hard-ass or more intimidating than he was. Malia was glad he wasn't what she thought, otherwise she'd feel too uncomfortable talking to him. And when he raised his hand, she'd probably have ducked away like he was going to strike her or something. She'd been hit before, so it wouldn't have surprised her. Instead, she was being shown a rather interesting mark, an ornate symbol that decorated the palm of his hand.

"That's pretty cool... An oath, you say? To protect those you love? I see...
You've got a softer heart than I thought you would. Family man, then?"

Malia smirked knowingly at him. He rescued her in the world of the living and again now, only to tell her that he had an oath to protect those he cares for? He was a good man. And a musician? She glanced away to remember what that particular instrument was. If she remembered correctly, it was some sort of wind instrument, similar to a flute. She was watching him closely, taking notes of certain behaviors and chosen words. She had a habit of trying to dissect what type of person someone was. It was a defense mechanism developed after years of being bullied and humiliated by other people in the Gotei United. She didn't do it on purpose, more of a reflex.

"Well, you'd still be a good Captain. Saving everyone is impossible, especially when you've got a few impulsive people under your ranks, and some who don't listen. However, it's honorable to say that's your desire. I say do what you can, accept what you can't, and become better every day so what you once couldn't do, you can do next time... But that's my sort of thing..."

Once his smile came on fully, she smiled right back. She even gave a thumbs up to add to it. And though she was being healed quicker than normal, Malia's injuries weren't going to vanish. She looked down to check them. Before she got a chance to answer, she looked back up to him and chuckled. She'd never expect a Captain to memorize every name in his Division.

"It's Malia. Malia Byrne. Don't worry about it; I don't expect you to memorize everyone in your squad, especially someone that just joined... As for my injuries, the bleeding stopped on my side and I'm sure something in my leg is torn. With your healing seal though, it's not feeling too horrible."

Malia was insisting on walking on her own. She began to sweat and was having a hard time seeing. It showed when she tripped over a tree root and went tumbling forward. Whether caught or not, she'd hop herself back to her feet and rub her side. She didn't move from there, waiting for the pain to subside and her vision to clear. It didn't and she realized something.

"I think I lost too much blood. I don't know if you're healing spell helps blood replenish, but I had lost enough to make most people pass out before you showed up. Do you mind if I take a rest? You don't have to stick around, but I think I need to relax for a bit and regain some of my strength."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:33 pm

THE LIVING TEMPEST

HENREX ASTILLON

Something felt so familiar about her. He could feel it. It was something that was still bothering him, even after such a moderate amount of time. So, Henrex's glances would become slightly less frequent as he briefly retreated to his mind with his thoughts. Taking a glance at his arm again, before turning back to Malia, a nostalgic look in his mismatched eyes as his smile faded by the slightest.

"I used to."

That would be his only reply to that. Thus, it would be up to Malia if she would question the briefness of his statement or the strange look in his eye and the slight change in his demeanor. But, this would soon be offset by the spreading of his smile at the next bit from her. He definitely knew some rather impulsive and rash members within his division, some of which were quite the hassle to keep under control.

"I understand that. It's...just a little painful to know that there are things that are out of your control. I feel like it's my job to keep everyone safe, and if I fail that...I'm not doing my job right."

Yet, Henrex's smile remained as he continued.

"But I know that I can at least do my best, and cultivate that, so I can make sure that I'm always doing better."

Soon after this, the girl stated her name. During that, there would be a moderate silence between them, with Henrex's mind hitting a realization from the block that had been occupying his mind. Like her, his next words would also be barely higher than a mumble.

"You...is it...?"

His eyes widened in revelation. The name was a fuzzy portion of what was once lost. Her appearance, combined with the revelation of her name was what caused his mind to spark with nostalgia, remembering who she was, and how she knew him -- not only has a captain. But, there were more important things that he needed to take care of for.

So, crouching down and lifting up Malia's legs, before quickly performing a flash step over to a nearby tree, setting her down underneath it as he quickly outstretched his hand, hovering the Seal of Heroism over her healing side.

"I'm not going anywhere with you in this condition. I don't have anywhere I need to be. Even if I did, I could just send a clone off to do it. I'm not leaving you here, still injured."

Therefore, Malia would feel the same warmth wash over her again as the Seal's Holy Essence -- mixed with Henrex's spiritual power -- would begin to use itself in order to speed up the natural regeneration that the body possessed. This would cause an immense drop in the amount of time that Malia would need in order to regenerate her blood cells.

However, this would cause an immense drain on Henrex's physical and spiritual capacity. Ergo, it would only take a short time before Henrex would be forced to stop the healing, as the precision and immense amount of energy that this required was not something that he was able to give in large quantities. So, Henrex's hands would soon fall to their sides.

"S-Sorry. Something as precise as blood cells are really hard to heal in large quantities. But...you said your name was Malia? Are you...the same Malia from three-hundred years ago?"

The question, finally laid out for them!

Henrex's mismatched eyes would burn a further sense of nostalgia into their receiver's, curiously gazing at her. It was a fuzzy picture of the past that would be embedded into his mind, attempting to put her in the place of what happened all that time ago. He could see her being there, but that wasn't enough. His own assumptions were not enough to lock in the truth.

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:40 pm
That was the first time Malia really noticed his eyes. She had been caught up in who had rescued her and he had a habit of hiding one with his hair, so she didn't notice it until now. There was something about his expression that made her not want to push further. If she hit a nerve, she'd feel guilty about it. Sadly for some, Malia wasn't one to hold back because of hurt feelings. She looked him directly in the eyes and asked about his answer anyway.

"Used to be? What happened?"

His smile returning a bit latter was what made her smile continue. He had a illogical outlook though, which actually made Malia worry about his mental state. If what he said was true, those thoughts of what he could not control and those he could not save would one day wear his mind down. It was sad to think about. At least he was one to strive to do his best. That's all anyone could ever ask of him, and all he should ask of himself. Do your best and allow time to help you advance. Her Captain was a good man. Thank god! If she had joined this Division only to find out he was a psychopath, it would have been insanely disappointing. Not every Captain was this kind.

"Hm? You're mumbling. What?"

Henrex had broken the silence with something that she couldn't make out. It only left her curious and she was going to press; she always pressed. The look on his face had her even more curious! What was going through his mind? Malia let out a girly squeak as she was suddenly lifted off her feet and somewhere else after his well-executed flash-step. There was a moment during that, where she clung to him for balance. Once they reappeared and she was set down, a light blush on her face, she looked at him funny. Her eyes narrowed and her lips pursed curiously, she watched him begin to heal her again. She didn't want him wasting his time with her. She'd get better.

"You don't have to do that, Captain. I know you're busy and have duties of your own, so once I've rested enough, I'll head back to the Seireitei."

When he began though, she quickly felt relaxed, almost tired. She leaned her back against the trunk of the tree and watched him calmly. He wouldn't stop healing her, which was extremely sweet and appreciated. Her body was feeling better, but fatigue was taking the place of the pain. When he stopped, she was close to falling sleep. It wasn't until he mentioned her three hundred years ago that her eyes snapped open to focus and she looked up to him.

"He... remembered me..."

Malia was originally going to keep it a secret. Part of her felt weird for pushing to be in his Division after meeting him three hundred years ago. At the time, she was a human and now she was a Shinigami. What would he think of her for that? She wasn't some stalker; she just appreciated what he had done for her and admired him for it. It took her a bit to admit it. She looked him straight in the eyes, not breaking eye contact as she thought on whether to keep it to herself or not. She did not feel right lying to him, so...

"I... uh... Yeah. That's... that was me."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:48 pm

THE LIVING TEMPEST

HENREX ASTILLON

With his family deceased, there was little reason as to why he could call himself a "family man". While he was widely considered to be practically everyone's big brother, it was hard for him to still call himself a "family man", as the literal sense was far from what he was. So, Henrex simply smiled as his head turned to the sky for a time, before his next actions took place.

Henrex shook his head as Malia spoke, wordlessly denying what she was saying -- even if he wasn't at liberty to do so. He wasn't going to leave a squadmate, injured, to heal up and get back to the Sereitei. He was going to make sure that she would be wholly and entirely up to snuff before she would even set a single foot in the Seireitei. So, Henrex's healing efforts would not be halted as these words reached his ears, and even after he stopped, he would not move a muscle.

"I'm not going anywhere until you are completely and fully up to snuff to be heading back to Seireitei. Until then, neither of us are getting so much as a foot in there."

But, her next words would actually put him into a shock. It was her. The same Malia Byrne that he had saved three long centuries ago. Henrex let out a mixture of a gasp and a laugh, unable to really believe that it was her. His head lowered to the ground, before rising and looking her over, letting out a soft exhale as he shook his head slightly.

"It's...really you."

Henrex softly chuckled as he blinked a few times. It had been so long since then -- even with Henrex's memory, he wasn't able to recognize her at a sight. After all, people still did change within that time frame. But, there was one thing that he could definitely say about her after such a long time.

"You've...grown."

A short pause, with Henrex softly rubbing the back of his neck as he blushed lightly.

"You've grown into...quite a fine young woman, Malia. It's nice to meet you...again. I would never have expected you to end up in my division, of all things."

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 pm
Being found out elicited a pleasant reaction from her Captain. There was no anger, shame, disgust, confusion or fear. He just smiled and laughed at it. Malia watched him with a calm smile on her lips. As he calmed down, her smile grew more. She looked away, blushing slightly.

"Yeah... Three hundred years will do that to you."

Malia turned back and playfully stuck her tongue out at him.

"Do you think that was an accident? I joined your Division on purpose, Captain. I didn't see any other way of thanking you, or getting the chance to pay you back for what you did that day. I can still remember it clearly, all the way up to when I blacked out. I woke up in the hospital and you weren't around, which was upsetting at the time, but I understood later. I just hated that I never got to thank you... So thank you for saving my life, again."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:53 am

THE LIVING TEMPEST

HENREX ASTILLON

She didn't seem bothered by the fact that she had been found out. Instead, she seemed more flustered when from his compliment. So, Henrex smiled and went to bring her face back to him, before she turned and stuck her tongue out at him, causing Henrex to sport a grin, before reaching forward and flicking her forehead.

"Be careful, you might snag a fly or two if you keep your tongue out like that~"

The young man chuckled at his rather childish retort before his body would shift, to move so that he could now sit down next to Malia, rather than be kneeling in front of her. He leaned back against the tree, feeling the sharp press of the bark against his spine, bringing a soft exhale from him as his head turned towards Malia.

His position would soon be offset by him moving to her, giving the pink-haired girl a tight hug. He felt guilty for just outright leaving her before. So, with a heavy sigh, Henrex's grip on the girl would tighten.

"...I'm sorry for leaving you like that."

Leaving the embrace, Henrex's eyes would lower to the ground, his interest now strangely directed towards the ground. The guilt ate at him like a lion, and it felt like he would never be able to repair that -- even with her thanks.

"You're very welcome, Malia. It's the least I could do. I won't let someone get hurt if I have any say in it. Also...don't call me Captain. Treat me like you would anyone else. Alright?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum