Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Empty New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine]

Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:26 am

TEN THOUSAND SWORDS

ERIKA MASAMUNE

New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] 6EdIfMt

So many boxes. The room was littered with recently moved boxes from the Vanguard base but in terms of whether they were orderly or not was an entirely different thing. The past few days had involved moving boxes and taking up yet another residence which was still in Sukai Karakura. Erika was just pleased to be out of the Vanguard Base, she didn't like living there for more than one reason and to be free made the aching in her back and arms worth it.

The day was her's but she'd not been out much in the last few weeks. Aside from running into the pink haired boy she had only been out a handful of times when it was necessary. Her routine was very simple: wake up, make breakfast, train, sleep with not much in between. She spent most of her time moping around the place and even when her mother was around and not busy she'd prefer to avoid her at times by pretending to be asleep.

"I'm so bored... I can't keep doing this forever. I just sit around and do nothing all day while I wait for her but there's nothing to do here. This place sucks, why did we have to come here?"

An almost whiny tone slide into her words which saddened her. This attitude wasn't something she liked and hated, despite that she didn't want to speak to the therapist. More often than not it just had her sitting there silently or answering basic questions with equally as basic responses with pauses until she could leave again.

"I should get up now... She's probably gone to work anyway so I don't need to make breakfast."

She took a moment to organise her thoughts into a plan before rolling off the makeshift Futon which she had been roughly made out of preference as opposed to sleeping on the available bed provided. Getting half-dressed into her standard attire. Working on closing up the front of her dress as she left her room with a yawn. Working on her hair by the time she sat down and quickly tossed it into her standard style.

"I wonder when Mum is going to sort out all these boxes? What even is most of this stuff?"

In the same way that curiosity killed the cat she had never actually cared enough to investigate what was in the boxes that had caused the ache in her arms and back from moving them and she'd put down her meal to begin rummaging through a nearby box as a means to pass time and actually satiate this sudden interest towards them.

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

Last edited by Gamma on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Gamma_Signature
New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] CHARACTER_LISTNew Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] GRAPHICS_THREADNew Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] TIMELINE_THREAD
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Left_bar_bleue7380/100New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Empty Re: New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine]

Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Tsubaki Koezuka

This had been perhaps the worst moving experience Tsubaki had encountered. First, the apartment wasn't ready despite her agent saying it was. This put off their moving in by weeks. Next, Tsubaki had to go through two moving companies because they never showed up on time. Finally, and most damningly, they had messed up. Erika had wanted a futon. She didn't want an actual bed. Lo and behold, Erika had a twin bed waiting for her. Tsubaki was furious for a few days while the furniture company tried to sort out what went wrong. Couple all of that with a Warden leaving, Tsubaki was at her wit's end.

So she called out today.

When Erika walked out of her room, Tsubaki was sitting half-dressed, hair still in morning frizzles, looking at an array of ingredients. Her expression seemed to ask "what should I mix these into, or should I even bother with the effort?" to no one in particular. There was a weariness about her face that hinted Tsubaki was more tired than her skin gave away. She noticed her daughter awake and smiled. Most of the tired posture swept away in an instant. "Mooorning," she called out in a half-groggy tone. Her eyes still had hints of dark bags. She hadn't been sleeping much due to all of the stress. "Are you hungry?" Tsubaki rose, stretching. "What do you want to eat? ...I... actually don't know what all we have so we'll have to improvise most likely."

Tsubaki began digging in some of the various boxes strewn around the kitchen. She looked for specific pots and pans. Silverware had already been unpacked thankfully, but that was about the only thing beside the food that had a proper home now. It had been a while since they had both been awake and around at the same time. "...I don't remember, do you like coffee? Tea?" Tsubaki sounded embarrassed not remembering that about her own daughter... but she'd rather be safe than sorry.

Tsubine's Character List
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Empty Re: New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine]

Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:53 pm

TEN THOUSAND SWORDS

ERIKA MASAMUNE

"...You're here?"

Erika's didn't realise she said it aloud. It was a comment of surprise more than anything. She wasn't expecting this at all which prompted her to have to think of why she was still here and on top of that why she wasn't dressed. It wasn't that late into the morning as far as she knew but if she was dressed before her mother was then something must've been wrong. She was just glad that she had decided to get dressed today as opposed to lazily getting about in her underwear. It was easier sometimes instead of getting her minute amount of clothes dirty unnecessarily.

"Huh... oh. Good Morning."

In her daze she had almost ignored Tsubaki's comment completely and so it would be a little late. The bags under her eyes were somewhat noticeable, she knew she had her own set as well from some nights filled with insomnia which gave her the appearance as if someone gave her two black eyes at times, she wanted to make them disappear but she was too prideful to try make-up, however she had gotten a surprisingly good night of sleep last night but it didn't shake the usual sleepy feeling that lingered.

"I'm not very hungry... I can make something for you if you want."

As rude as it would probably be Erika knew her mother wasn't the best cook when it came down to it although she'd eat it if she insisted it would just be easier for her to make something for the woman who was yet to bother getting dressed.

Why can't she be dressed yet?

A small tinge of envy pulled at Erika's mind, she always envied Tsubaki for her looks and height. Harbouring a disdain for her own smaller and less appealing features in her mind and while the woman's attire was prerogative in anyway it emphasised it for her enough to make it noticeable.

Looking towards a window she took a moment to enjoy the view before it became apparent in the reflection that her hair was a mess despite having been tied back with stray ends everywhere from a lack of brushing or maintenance which would prompt a swift release of her hair to let it fall back to her shoulders which was a rare sight to see while she tried to fix it with her fingers as a make-shift brush.

"Could I have coffee.... strong coffee..."

In truth Erika never found coffee appealing, she preferred tea but she had found that using a strong dose of caffeine was one of the few ways she could shake the tiredness from her mind if only temporarily.

New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] CHARACTER_LISTNew Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] GRAPHICS_THREADNew Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] TIMELINE_THREAD
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Left_bar_bleue7380/100New Clothes? Aren't these ones fine? [PRIVATE | Tsubine] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Tsubaki Koezuka

"Oh, I'm fine. A little nibbling hunger... but it's like I don't know if I'm actually hungry or if my body just wants something to do." Tsubaki didn't take it as rude. If neither of them were hungry, neither were hungry. She didn't get the underlying meaning to Erika's words. She stopped digging in the boxes and began to put the strewn ingredients back into their places. It'd be some time before the cabinets were fully stocked. Right now, there was the skeleton of an organized system. Until there was enough to actually need sorting however, there would basically be nothing now.

Tsubaki started to dig around to find what coffee they had. She hadn't had time to fix any at home, so the most she had was... well, she didn't remember when or where she bought it. It was still within the expiration date, and that was the only thing that mattered. She held the can of grounds a bit hesitantly. "Hmm... I don't know how strong it is, but I can make you some anyway." When she opened it up, Tsubaki's mouth drew into a line. "I think we're gonna pass on the morning coffee..."

Tsubaki threw out the obviously-expired coffee (it may have expired the same year of last century) and sighed. She looked at the bare cabinets, hands on her hips. "You know what?" Tsubaki spoke out suddenly, turning towards Erika. "Go put on something nicer and I'll get dressed. We're going to get some groceries. Proper food, not this 'let's mix it all up and see how it turns out' stuff we've been relegated to doing." Tsubaki was going to make the best of today, even though it was a relaxation day for her.

Tsubine's Character List
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:55 am

TEN THOUSAND SWORDS

ERIKA MASAMUNE

The blonde's figure slid down until she was laying on her back and slumped over the sofa. Watching the silver haired woman's back as she looked through the cabinets. The news of having to pass on the coffee did disappoint her a bit. She'd live without it though. The thought of coffee left her mind anyway as she kept her gaze focused on her mother. She wanted to be closer, be it walking up to hug her or even just to stand next to her. There were previous opportunities which she had rejected at the time by avoiding her by pretending to be asleep when she was around.

Erika's eyes gave away the gloom she was feeling, whether her mother noticed it or not was another thing. She didn't think her eyes betrayed her anyway. For a moment when Tsubaki turned to her and broke her train of thought by asking her a question she didn't know the answer to. Given she was basically daydreaming and ignorant to reality for a short time it wouldn't be a surprise if there was a genuine answer expected until Tsubaki continued.

"Something nicer? I don't have anything nicer, my other one has a hole in it. I'll just stay here and wait for you since it would be easier, I'd probably just get in the way if I came along."

She rolled over as she said it. It was an action to obscure her face and make it harder for her mother to see the disappointed look on it. She rarely was ever seen in public with the other woman anyway, and it wasn't really situations that would make a person think they had a bond of some sort anyway. The only real public thing she could recall was just captain and subordinate in the Seireitei so she just came to the conclusion in her mind that Tsubaki didn't want people to associate them as mother and daughter.

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:22 am

Tsubaki Koezuka

"...Oh." Tsubaki froze. She didn't realize that, but now that Erika had mentioned it, she had seen that same hole multiple times. In fact, too many times. Tsubaki realized that either meant Erika had too few clothes or that other one was a favorite. Or perhaps it was both? She had no idea, but the reason wasn't what mattered fully. Erika needed new clothes. The next thing Tsubaki knew, she was grabbing Erika's arm and attempting to drag her off of the sofa. "C'mon Erika. We're going to do something I don't think we've ever done..." There was a playful gleam in her eye. "I'm going to take you clothes shopping. You and I are going to have ourselves one of those mother-daughter outings I've seen on the television." Tsubaki would not take no for an answer.

It was about an hour before they left for the shopping district. Well one of them anyway. Tsubaki was more conservatively dressed—jeans and a somewhat-baggy drab sweater. In fact, she was quite plain if you ignored her hair. If she had black hair, she'd blend in quite easily. And whether she was being dragged by hand or not, Erika was in tow beside her mother. Tsubaki had more of an actual happy expression rather than before. She was going to enjoy this time with Erika.

"Okay, so I probably am not the most fashionable." Tsubaki spoke up first as they neared some storefronts. "But we're going to get us both some nice clothes." Tsubaki turned her head to Erika. "And from now on, please don't be afraid to tell me if you have holes or anything in your clothes. I'm not, as they say, strapped for cash. I can afford to bring out all of your beauty." She gave her daughter a warm, heartfelt smile. After all, Erika was beautiful to Tsubaki. The young woman might have some personality problems, but Erika was far from unattractive. Anyone who said that would get a kick to the genitals.

Tsubine's Character List
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:51 am

TEN THOUSAND SWORDS

ERIKA MASAMUNE

"What's wrong?"

There was a hint of concern in Erika's voice as Tsubaki approached her quickly and even as she spoke and basically yanked the girl's small frame right off the couch and falling down onto her buttocks with a groan of protest.

"Wait... clothes shopping!? Please n-"

She looked at her and stopped mid-sentence, her face turning into one of defeat as she saw the look in her mother's eye. It was one she was well aware of and that meant that no matter what Erika did she was going to go clothes shopping with her mother even if it meant being dragged around by the ear.

It wouldn't be long before she was walking down the street next to Tsubaki, a small shadow to her while she listened to her mother explain how she wasn't the most fashionable woman out there and Erika felt the same. She hated the idea of clothes shopping, it was so girly and boring. What could be fun about looking at and then buying clothes. She was embarrassed that she was doing this kind of activity and with her mother of all people. There was a reason she mainly wore the Shihakusho when she was in the Gotei.

"What's wrong with the clothes I have now?'

She sounded irritated when she said it. It was obvious she only agreed so easily due to being deprived of her mother's attention and the fact she struggled to say no to her. So she was along for the ride this time. The comment though about bringing out her beauty caused her to stumble and almost fall which brought a small blush to her cheeks.

"Mum... I'm fine with basic things. I don't need all that kind of stuff. Also it's not like I am trying to avoid taking from you... you've just been too busy for me to have a chance to bring it up."

She did think that meant make-up and flashy things but Erika didn't want any of that stuff. She was to prideful to get involved in the things she defined as "too girly". Quickly moving back to stand by Tsubaki's side she silently resumed her stride.

"Where are we going? and I want final say on all my clothes."

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Tsubaki Koezuka

No.

That was not going to be acceptable as an answer. Tsubaki needed clothes and apparently Erika did too. This was killing two... no, three... okay, an entire flock of birds with one stone. The more Tsubaki thought about this as she readied herself, the more excited she got. It was like traveling back in time. She was like a young woman again rather than—Tsubaki shook her head to get the O-word out. It was a word Erika knew not to use, and it was one Tsubaki had an almost-allergic reaction to. Keeping it out of her mind, the leader of the Vanguard rushed out of her room, towing her daughter out of the door.

Tsubaki could tell Erika was embarrassed somewhat, but she knew that it'd be for the best in the end. There was a shadow over Erika's face, something Tsubaki was ignoring right now. Defeat was inevitable for her daughter—so Tsubaki was going to make sure that this defeat was a fun one. "Erika, besides the one with a hole in it, you just need more. And not the same thing either. If I need you to accompany me to a fancy dinner, you can't wear something like that." Tsubaki paused, then spoke through almost-clenched teeth. "And when you finally start dating," the word was forced from her mouth, "I'd rather you look beautiful and wow the person you're with."

Tsubaki worried about Erika sometimes, but she knew her daughter could get ahead in the world. There were just more steps than she realized five years ago. And although Tsubaki was speaking with a smile—a genuine one—there was forced chipperness within her step. She wanted to bring Erika's mood up while they spent time together. Erika, too, seemed to have noticed the sparsity of their seeing one another. Tsubaki's smile thinned. "...I know, sweetie..." She reached over, patting Erika's back twice in a comforting gesture. "I have been rather... busy as of late, and I know it's a lot of change for both of us in a really, really short timeframe. That's part of why I want to do this. e... no, I haven't had the time to do much of anything with you. We barely see each other in passing, and that's just not right. I know you're basically grown now, but you're still my little girl, and I want to spend more time with you while I can."

Tsubaki thought over Erika's words, then proposed an alternative. "Compromise. If you don't like something I pick out, you can say no. And I'll only restrict my 'no' to things that are too revealing." Tsubaki muttered the next sentence to herself, barely loud enough for Erika to hear. "You're not going to go around looking like one of those islanders." She gave her daughter a reassuring nod. "Don't worry. I know your tastes aren't the same as mine, and I think I understand about what you like... so I don't think we'll have much conflict."

"And we are going to start... here." Tsubaki turned the duo into a clothes shop—one with quite a few "Buy One Get One [insert various %off]" signs in the window. It seemed that she was still trying to be frugal, despite her earlier statement. It was thankfully early enough that most people weren't out and about—added to the fact it was a weekday as well. "Okay, you go pick out some clothes and we'll start from there." Tsubaki wanted to see if she could guess Erika correctly...

Tsubine's Character List
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:05 pm

TEN THOUSAND SWORDS

ERIKA MASAMUNE

Erika trudged along beside her mother and yawned before stretching as she kept pace. She wanted to argue it. For her it was not so much having to get new clothes but the fact she had to make a day out of clothes shopping (of all things) when she'd rather do almost anything else with Tsubaki. In her mind there was the association of "fancy dinner" with something like a Vanguard formal event which at present time she had zero interest in going to anything of the sort.

"I d-..."

Before she could really respond there was the comment about dating and her cheeks held their rosy colouring and she went quiet for a moment.

"I don't want to date.. ever. I don't want to fall in love or anything like that and I never want to... and I don't want to go to big fancy dinners."

Her tone was one of irritation but a hesitant one as well. She didn't want to make Tsubaki angry or upset by the comment that she didn't want to go to whatever formal events the woman meant. She still felt glum while she walked around and distracted herself with the surroundings but she was aware of her mother's demeanour which contrasted quite a lot with her own since she held a smile and had a spring in her step. Erika's face was her usual one which was expressionless for the most part but gave her an slightly unhappy appearance.

She forced a smile for the woman when she felt the comforting gesture on her back although it was very clearly forced and her smile was only really a small lift of the corner of her mouth. For Erika to smile recently was rare and for Tsubaki to have been around the odd occasion that she smiled was incredibly unlikely.

".... Fine. Do I get to say no to your choices too? Huh... here?"

Her golden eyes shifted to look at the store, it looked very cheap which was contrary to what she said only a short while ago, the blonde wouldn't complain though as she quickly made her way into the store and looked around for a bit without touching or showing interest in anything. It would appear to be a miss until she walked around again and grabbed a t-shirt and held it against her chest to gauge it's length to slightly above her mid-thigh and then selected all seven of the available ones before taking two more of the other colour begrudgingly. Once this was done she'd take another set of nine with a few sets of tracksuit pants and shorts but no dresses or skirts until she came back to Tsubaki with the pile of clothes. None of which looked very fashionable or even something that would probably work for even casual wear.

"Nothing else here interests me."

Last edited by Gamma on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Tsubaki Koezuka

Tsubaki noticed the hint of red on her daughter's cheeks. Combined that with her tone, she knew not to press further. Erika probably thought that dating was just a gateway to leaving people. It wasn't, but she had every right to think of it that way. Tsubaki would just have to show her the errors in that line of thinking—eventually. So she spoke on the second half of Erika's response. "I don't want to go to those dinners either. That's why I need someone to go with me that I can complain about them with." Tsubaki gave her daughter a playful wink.

As the conversation turned serious, Tsubaki began to think more. This probably would end up becoming one of the few times in the current climate they could spend together. Tsubaki needed to make more time for Erika but she needed to replace the many vacant Warden positions now. She had an idea on what to do about this after reading recent reports on the allies, but that would be a very, very, very drastic change. Tsubaki shook her thoughts away from the Vanguard and onto her daughter. "I'll consider your input, but I'm the one with the wallet." Tsubaki wasn't going to pick out anything outlandish, but she wanted to look nice.

The two split and Tsubaki was immediately disappointed in the selection. Few things were actually... good. She passed odd shirts with "QUICK" "BUSTER" or "ARTS" on them, but they were not her taste. She picked up a pair of jeans and slid into the fitting rooms. They fit, thankfully, and she picked out a green fur-hooded jacket and a white T-shirt. It was nothing special, but it was comfortable. Tsubaki looked around and saw something—a purple-ish jacket too small for herself, but it might just fit Erika. She was about to search for Erika when her daughter arrived with a pile of sameish clothes. "...I'm beginning to regret my compromise." Tsubaki sighed as she went through the outfits.

"Just know that the more of stuff like that you pick out, the more I'm going to find for you. Like this jacket. Try it on." Tsubaki handed Erika the jacket, and it seemed like it would fit fine to Tsubaki's eyes. Whether or not Erika liked the jacket, Tsubaki pointed to the pile of clothes. "I'll buy those, but that's not what we're out here to buy for you. Next time we spend time together, I don't want it to look like you're about to hit the gym or you just came out of a historical reenactment." She wanted Erika to look casual, and that was something the young girl had trouble with.

"I had hoped to get here before the good stuff was gone." With a sigh, Tsubaki put the outfits on the coutner for checkout—and was glad Erika did her bulk shopping here. "Ok, the next shop is a little pricier... but I'd like you to at least try on some of the stuff I pick out." While the first store was a bargain bin, this next one was nothing but designer. It was quite the difference, and Tsubaki mentally calculated her finances. She'd be fine—so long as Erika didn't like everything she saw.

The first thing that caught Tsubaki's eye was a pair of mannequins wearing shoulderless long sweaters and dark leggings as pants. She dragged her daughter over to that section and began to rifle through colors and sizes. Eventually, she found a pink one in about Erika's size. "Go try this on while I," Tsubaki pulled out a red sweater of matching design, "try this one. We'll match, see?" She was really enthusiastic about them having one matching outfit.

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum