Joined : 2010-06-03
Posts : 17397
Karma : 216
Age : 27
Location : Purgatory
|Subject Post 1Subject: How To Create An Event On PH [PH Guide] Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:12 am|| |
«HOW TO MAKE AN EVENT ON PH»
You are gonna want to know where the event board is to begin with. And it should be easy enough to follow.
Step One: https://www.platinumhearts.net/f622-event-creation-center
^ You visit that link above.
^ You copy that template
If it's finished by the time you fill it out?
^ Place it here if it's finished.
If it's not finished and you want to work on it? Put it in WIP below
Ho'kay, now that we got that out of the way, I can say that anyone can make an event on the site. However, in order to get one approved, it will have to be reviewed by myself and staff. And while we do give experienced members chances to grand things, we expect you not to abuse or mess up this position if we approve it. As, if something should go wrong with this event or you abuse it, we will be more reluctant to give you more chances in the future.
The best way to get an event approve is to have some sort of theme, structure and purpose that involves the community in something engaging and some type of assurance that this will be managed well. Since, for instance, if you want to purpose this grand war -- and you are only posting a few times out of the month, I don't think we'll be inclined to approve that event as you won't be there to actively manage.
So, activity also plays into mind as we aren't trying to approve events for inactive members.
I'd also keep in mind that the more the event progresses other people's stories, the more likely it has a chance to be approved as we aren't trying to have an event where a single character is a sole focus unless it somehow is evolving the story of others who partake in it.
Since I can only speak for myself and the feedback I got from the member base, I will say that Cirno had her own event where she focused on utilizing her powers to enhance the abilities of other protag characters with her Hero Quest event. These were a series of stories where she got to know characters, find out why they are heroes and used those values to empower them with the way her magic worked. This was all done in an effort to produce more heroes on the site, create more bonds between protags and create an engaging way for members to feel included in something with a high tier character.
Additionally, you can also bring staff aside in a private group DM if you don't want all your business on front street, but make sure you still have all this information. Otherwise, we will deny it.
- This is the board for applying for your event: https://www.platinumhearts.net/f622-event-creation-center
- Be active on the site. If you aren't active, don't apply for an event if you aren't gonna manage it. Don't leave that burden on staff to do alone.
- If you fuck up with your event, we will be more recluant to give you more chances in the future.
- Make sure your event is somehow progressing the story of other characters for higher chances of approval.
- Make sure your event is engaging for further increased odds of being approved.
- Don't make your character the sole focus unless you have a damn good way to enhance people's stories. (i.e. Cirno helping to enhance the stories of other protag characters)