Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Pockeh
Pockeh
Metal as Fuck

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Left_bar_bleue44400/999999An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Empty_bar_bleue  (44400/999999)
Tiers:

An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Empty An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow]

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:34 pm
An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Ulquiorra_cifer

Ulquiorra Cifer

Ulquiorra had been traveling for.. he didn't know how long. He had been sonidoing from place to place in the desert, looking for the one who he was destined to face again. He was looking for the former sexta, the close-quarters master, he was looking for Grimmjow Jeagerjaquez.

Ulquiorra stopped, looking around himself. He saw rocks, but that was about it. This would be the perfect spot.

He called out, willing for his voice to carry over the endless desert, willing for it to reach the ears of the one he desired to see.

"Do you hear me, Grimmjow? You probably already know who this is by my voice. I wish to see you, right now. I do not think it necessary for us to fight, but it is inevitable." Ulquiorra finished, closing his eyes and awaiting the arrival of the sexta. This was an odd feeling Ulquiorra had. The last time he had seen Grimmjow, the sexta had locked him in a punishment dimension for underlings. He didn't harbor a grudge about that, it was a good move. An interesting choice of method for avoiding the fight.

Ulquiorra sighed, his pale skin reflecting the mid-day desert sun, there really was nothing to do now but wait..

I envy because of the heart.
I glutton because of the heart.
I covet because of the heart.
I am prideful because of the heart.
I sloth because of the heart.
I rage because of the heart.
Because of the heart...
I lust for everything about you.

------------------------------------
We Are Legion
Character Permissions
Communication Thread
Character Substitutions
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Left_bar_bleue0/0An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Empty Re: An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow]

Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:02 pm
An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Grimmjowunreleasedposti
------------

”Yo, Ulquiorra,”a familiar voice rang out from behind the former Cuatro Espada. Ulquiorra wasn’t the only one seeking someone; Grimmjow had, since his meeting with Careta and having learned of Ulquiorra’s return, been on the hunt for the Cuatro as much as Ulquiorra had been searching for him. Grimmjow stood on the rocky outcropping roughly twenty meters form where Ulquiorra stood. He regarded him for a few moments of silence.
”You’re not looking bad for a dead man,” he said, the all too familiar smirk from the old days on his face. As Ulquiorra had only recently rejoined the world, he looked no different from the last time Grimmjow had seen him and had locked him in a Caja Negacion so that he could have his bout with Kurosaki Ichigo.

He stepped down from the outcropping, his hands in his pockets.

”Don’t bullshit yourself or me, Ulquiorra. You say you don’t think it necessary for us to fight, and yet you called out the challenge.” he said as he stood there. Four hundred years of death hadn’t changed Ulquiorra in the slightest as far as Grimmjow had been able to discern thus far.
”You know I would have sought you out eventually,” Grimmjow concluded.

~We trip and stumble only so that we may stand back up...~

Genpaku's Cast of Misfits and Titans
[Character Thread]

Pockeh
Pockeh
Metal as Fuck

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Left_bar_bleue44400/999999An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Empty_bar_bleue  (44400/999999)
Tiers:

An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Empty Re: An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow]

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Ulquiorra Cifer

Ulquiorra turned his head, glancing at the former sexta in his peripheral vision before turning to face him. Grimmjow didn't look any different than he had four hundred years ago when Ulquiorra last saw him.

Ulquiorra tilted his head slowly, "I guess so, for being dead four hundred years, I seem to have taken care of myself nicely" Ulquiorra stated emotionlessly, looking into the sexta's blue eyes. He carried with him one emotion he never quite understood, but he knew what it was and why he felt it. Loathing, he harbored a deep resentment for the sexta, their differentiating ideals had been a main point of conflict during their years in the espada together.

Ulquiorra sighed, "I called out no challenge, I simply called for you. If you want to take it as a challenge, so be it. I was just curious as to whether or not you had been contacted, and if so, whether you were sympathetic to our cause or not." Ulquiorra glared, his features soft, at Grimmjow, his need for answers dominating his common sense.

Because of the heart...

We Are Legion
Character Permissions
Communication Thread
Character Substitutions
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Left_bar_bleue0/0An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:02 am
------------

Grimmjow’s smirk suddenly dropped, a surprisingly serious expression on the sexta’s face as Ulquiorra spoke; yep, death hadn’t changed the former Cuatro Espada.  Ulquiorra spoke how if Grimmjow wanted to take the call as a challenge he could, but that it had not been the intent.  He moved along to the question that seemed to be the motivating factor behind the man’s actions.
”You’re speaking of Careta, and the organization she seeks to forge.  An organization comprised of ten powerful arrancar with the intent of brining fear back into the hearts of Shinigami and the other races that have so brazenly disregarded our time in the four hundred years you’ve been absent,” Grimmjow said.

Then his face broke back into a small grin.

”Such an organization will attract only strong opposition.  I would not deny myself the chance to kick the asses of those would think themselves stronger,” he said simply.  There was more to Grimmjow’s motivation, and it could be seen behind his azure eyes; however, what those motivations and intentions were remained unclear.  One way or another, after his fight with Careta, he had decided that this group had at least something to offer.

However, that wasn’t what not interested him.  An old rival stood before him, and an old fight that had been put on hold for over 400 years after their last meeting stood to be resolved.

”Ulquiorra, we never had a proper fight did we?  In all those years, for a variety of reasons.  That’s a load of bullshit; and you saying you don’t want to fight me is as well.  We’re both hollows at our cores; we seek to prove our strength and destroy those that would stand in our way.  You can only deny your nature so long.  Let’s settle this now,” Grimmjow said.

And he didn’t give Ulquiorra time to argue with him about the idea.  Grimmjow was before the Cuatro in an instant, as he brought his full physical power down to bear on the arrancar.  Years before, Ulquiorra had stood on a higher plateau of power than Grimmjow.  However, 400 years had seen Grimmjow’s growth in power, while Ulquiorra remained at the same level.  How much of that would Ulquiorra anticipate?  Would he underestimate Grimmjow and believe that he had not grown in power at all since those times?  That would have to wait to be seen.

[Character Thread]

Pockeh
Pockeh
Metal as Fuck

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:40 am

Ulquiorra Cifer
"What is the heart?"

Ulquiorra nodded slowly, "Yes, I speak of Careta. I speak of her and her cause. The simple fact of the matter is, no matter how much our ideals differentiate, we will be in this together. I would appreciate if you and I could work together on this." Ulquiorra glanced up, sighing softly, "She made a very good point, in fact, when she spoke to me. She told me that if all of us Espada had worked together, instead of letting our different motivations and goals get in our way, we could have defeated any of the challenges that felled us."

Ulquiorra continued, oblivious of the grin on the sexta's face,
"Aaroniero
would not have fallen to the Kuchiki girl, Szayel could have bested the
twelfth captain, Zomarri would not have lost to the elder Kuchiki,
Nnoitra would not have been felled by the eleventh, Harribel could not
have been betrayed by Aizen, Baraggan would have bested the vizard who
used his own power against him, Starrk would have not lost Lillinette
and then fallen, and Yammy would not have been double-teamed and
destroyed."

Ulquiorra gazed back at Grimmjow, nodding as he knew
they must both have been thinking of the same thing, "And neither you
nor I would have fallen to Kurosaki Ichigo's blade."

Ulquiorra
thought about the Sexta's words. It was true they never did fight, they
had started to, but Grimmjow had opted to seal Ulquiorra in a
punishment dimension and fight Kurosaki instead. A decision that proved
fatal.

Before Ulquiorra could respond, the Sexta had attacked.
Moving at a speed Ulquiorra hadn't seen from Grimmjow before. Ulquiorra
reacted quickly, sonidoing a short distance away and staring at the
Sexta. Ulquiorra had been dead for four-hundred years, while Grimmjow
had been in the desert. Had Grimmjow trained? Had the former sexta, at
this point in time, become his equal, or maybe even his superior,
in power? Ulquiorra thought that it was more than likely, and willed
himself not to let his memory of the sexta's power be the judge of how
he fought. Ulquiorra was not going to underestimate his old rival.

Ulquiorra
retaliated in a blur of speed, sonidoing around Grimmjow to behind the
sexta before sonidoing directly above him. Left hand still in his
pocket, Ulquiorra turned on his side in the air, pulling his right hand
from its position and pointing his right index finger at Grimmjow's head
from above, charging a cero on the end of it. Ulquiorra felt an
overwhelming sense of nostalgia. Let's see, he thought, if Grimmjow
recognized the maneuver from their fight proceeding his sealing
four-hundred years ago...

Because of the heart...

We Are Legion
Character Permissions
Communication Thread
Character Substitutions
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:04 pm
------------

It seemed that Ulquiorra had picked up already on the fact that Grimmjow was different from the last time they had confronted eachother. He didn’t take a chance on outright blocking Grimmjow’s attack, opting to instead Sonido back and away to put distance. However, Ulquiorra charged forward, appearing first behind him and then above, as a bright green glow filled the area and power built. He remembered this scene all too well, and a smirk broke his features once more. His hand shot up to intercept the forming cero. Unlike last time, however, instead of simply waiting for Ulquiorra to detonate the cero in his hand, Grimmjow released his own power and formed a weak Cero to cause the explosion.

Before they had been in a building that had been destroyed, kicking up dust and debris when the top half was blow off. Now, they were in the middle of Hueco Mundo, the sprawling desert of white sand. As the explosion went off, dust and sand was thrown into the air from the force. Ulquiorra flew up into the air with the force of the explosion. Grimmjow did not miss this opportunity, and Sonido’d through the smoke and debris behind Ulquiorra, his hand bursting through the veil of dust as though to repeat the same action that had cut their fight short four hundred years before.

”Lets pick this up where we left off!”

However, that wasn’t his intention this time around. He sought to grab Ulquiorra’s shoulder, and pull the Cuatro into an oncoming punch with his right hand. If he missed, well, Grimmjow would simply follow it up by keeping the pressure on Ulquiorra by following the arrancar and launching more punches and kicks. His mind turned to what Ulquiorra had brought up; their defeats at the hands of Kurosaki Ichigo.
”She spoke of that too; we sought the same prey, however. It was only natural that we’d come into conflict!” he shouted to the cautro.

[Character Thread]

Pockeh
Pockeh
Metal as Fuck

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Ulquiorra Cifer
"What is the heart?"

Ulquiorra did not expect to get blasted back, nor did he expect Grimmjow to suddenly reach for him. Ulquiorra half expected Grimmjow to reach up and seal him in the punishment dimension again.

But of course, no. Ulquiorra knew that couldn't be the strategy, promptly turning in place and hardening his reiatsu under him, using it as a platform of sorts. Barely gaining footing before sonidoing back to solid ground.

He looked up, watching the sexta above him, Ulquiorra thought it pathetic, really, that Grimmjow craved a fight with him to this extent. Did the former sixth really have that much to prove?

Ulquiorra stood there, staring at the sexta and sighing softly. With one long, fluid motion, Ulquiorra drew his sword. This fight had to get serious, it was the only way Grimmjow would be content with it.

With that, Ulquiorra pulled his left hand out of his pocket, aiming his palm at grimmjow and slicing it slightly with his sword. He began charging his cero, the green energy quickly turning light blue, discharging energy wildly as it grew.

"Gran Rey Cero." Ulquiorra said, the large blast of blue energy hurtling directly for Grimmjow with enough force to possibly buy Ulquiorra some time to strategize.

Because of the heart...

We Are Legion
Character Permissions
Communication Thread
Character Substitutions
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:16 am
------------

Ulquiorra avoided the attack simply enough, using sonido to put distance between the two of them again. Grimmjow solidified a small platform of his won as the dust cleared, watching the cuatro as his hand moved to the hilt of his blade. He couldn’t help but smirk slightly; it seemed that Ulquiorra had decided to finally take this fight seriously. His own hand reached down and wrapped around the hilt of his own blade. He drew the blade, feeling its weight for a moment before he took up a stance once more. However, Ulquiorra seemed to want to have a little more time to think; the cuatro launched a Gran Rey Cero at him a moment later.

There was a spike in reiatsu, and Grimmjow stuck his hand out as his own cero formed, the crimson light spilling out against the encroaching blue. He released the attack as the Gran Rey Cero closed; the two attacks collided for only a few moments before Ulquiorra’s overcame his. Then again, his cero wasn’t meant to stop the attack; only to weaken it. Energy surrounded Grimmjow’s blade as it slammed into the cero, sparks flying as the two energies collided and fought for a few moments, showering the desert in light before the cero split in two, flying past Grimmjow and dissipating.

A weaker Grimmjow wouldn’t have been able to do such a thing; at least not without coming out far worse for wear. He vanished from the spot in the air a moment later; he appeared once more directly above Ulquiorra, his left hand outstretched towards the former Espada. Heralding his oncoming attack, only a few moments ahead, was a single drop of blood from Grimmjow’s hand.

”Gran Rey Cero!”
Two could play that game easily enough; his own azure blaze lit the sky as it rocketed down towards his opponent.

Grimmjow landed on the ground a moment later, waiting for the dust to clear and for Ulquiorra to show himself once more. This battle served more purpose than the cuatro might have guessed. Grimmjow had decided to stand with Careta, and to go with her new plan. He had done so for a variety of reason; however, if he was going to do this, he was going to make sure that those that stood with them could pull their weight. Hueco Mundo had no use for weak arrancar. He had never been given the chance to test himself against Ulquiorra during the time of the Winter War. Then, the cuatro’s power had dwarfed his own, as painful as it was to admit. Now though, how did he stack up? He had been defeated, same as himself, by Kurosaki Ichigo. What kind of power had that human been able to rise to after their battle that allowed him to defeat Ulquiorra?

That brought up another thought.

”Oi, Ulquiorra. I heard some interesting stories about you after the Winter War ya know? Something about you discovering a second release; a Segunda Etapa. Something that had been copied since. Just what kind of power is it?” he ask, his voice calm and serious. He stood there with his blade held firmly in his hand; he didn’t put it out of the realm of possibility to have Ulquiorra attack him then; it was something he would do, afterall.

[Character Thread]

Pockeh
Pockeh
Metal as Fuck

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 am

Ulquiorra Cifer
"What is the heart?"

Ulquiorra's eyes widened slightly, he had expected the sexta to dodge, or even block, his Gran Rey. What Ulquiorra definitely DIDN'T expect was for Grimmjow to fire one back.

Ulquiorra was hit by it, full force, and thrown back over a long stretch of desert. Pain.. this was the first time Ulquiorra had felt pain in quite a while. Pain like this.. he definitely did not miss the feeling. Ulquiorra finally stopped, hitting the desert floor and skidding to a stop in the sand. He slowly stood up, his hierro was burnt, badly. Not only that, but his clothes were mostly ash now.

Ulquiorra heard the sexta's comment, shaking his head softly, "What kind of power is the segunda? It is a power much stronger than the pathetic copy that you have attributed it with." Ulquiorra raised his blade, pointing it directly at Grimmjow from his position on the ground, a good distance away, "I see now, Grimmjow, that if I am to prove myself to you, I can not hold back. You have not yet proven yourself strong enough for me to release my Segunda. But I can give you a sample of the power you never saw."

Ulquiorra spoke then, the words that escaped his mouth would have put terror into the hearts of any who had faced him before. Grimmjow, he suspected, would not subject to that terror though. "Enclose, Murcielago." He said softly.

His sword unleashed a black burst of spiritual energy that
fell around Ulquiorra as green rain. When the rain, and the energy, both fade, Ulquiorra
has become bat-like in appearance. Him gaining large black
bat wings on his back, his hair becoming longer and wilder, and the
remains of his Hollow mask centering atop his head, with two large horns
extending outward to the sides towards the front. The lines on his face
become black, broader and more triangular and his fingernails lengthen.
His Arrancar attire becomes more form fitting and closed at the top,
becoming more like a robe towards the bottom.

Ulquiorra glared at Grimmjow, flexing his hand open as the familiar Acid Green lance of spiritual energy forms in his palm. He stares, thinking, for only a moment, before hurling the lance directly at the former sexta. With the speed and strength of an oncoming train, the lance flew towards it's target.

Last edited by Pockeh on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Because of the heart...

We Are Legion
Character Permissions
Communication Thread
Character Substitutions
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Grimmjow watched as his attack found its mark, as Ulquiorra was hurled away by the force of the blast. He started walking along the sandy dune as his opponent found his feet once more, rising up to face him. His attack had certainly left its mark on the Cuatro, but he seemed like he was a long way off from being finished with this fight; that was good, because he would have it no other way after waiting this long. He continued forward as Ulquiorra turned his attention to answering the question he had presented forward after his attack.

He gave pause though when Ulquiorra leveled his blade at him once more. He spoke of how Grimmjow had not proven himself strong enough to see the Segunda Etapa that he had discovered yet, but that he would reveal at least some of the power that Grimmjow had never gotten the chance to see before.

"Enclose, Murcielago."
With those words Ulquiorra’s power flooded the sky, almost as though it was raining in the eternal desert that was Hueco Mundo. Grimmjow stood there, taking the feel of the power in as it flooded about him, his gaze unwavering from where Ulquiorra stood. Any weak Hollows that had remained in the area to witness the battle now fled; to remain much longer posed the risk of being engulfed by the ensuing battle between two of the strongest Arrancar still alive.

Then his opponent was revealed, standing there was he glared at Grimmjow. There was a sudden acid green light that sprang up in Ulquiorra’s hand, and within a moment that lance of energy was rocketing towards Grimmjow. The motion was quicker than he had expected it to be; he reached out with his left hand to grasp the lance as it finished closing the distance. For a few moments, it looked as though he would overpower the attack; Grimmjow had underestimated the strength behind the Cuatro’s attack. The lance exploded, veiling Grimmjow from sight once more by a veil of destruction, debris, and sand; the area he had occupied was leveled. His left arm was badly burned, the rest of him slightly less so. He definitely saw now the difference in power that had existed all those years ago; and he now saw why Ulquiorra had been the Cuatro Espada.

Grimmjow’s laugh broke the silence that followed in the wake of the explosion.

”That’s good; that’s what I was looking for, Ulquiorra Cifer. That power, and those eyes,” he called out as the dust cleared. He stood there, a large grin on his face. He had been reckless once more; it had cost him, but it was a small cost in the long term. Now, it was time to get serious.
”You said I had proven myself strong enough to see this Segunda Etapa yet; let me remedy that situation!”
He brought his blade up, laying his left hand on it as it suddenly began to glow azure. A strong pressure suddenly began to build about the Sexta.
”Grind, PANTERA!”
An Old Rivalry [Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow] Grimmjowpostpicreleased

[Power to Strive - Shiro Sagisu]