THE DEMON TEMPLATE
Traditional Demon Profile
I. Basic Information » Name:
Kū (空 Lit. Void. Eng lit. Emptiness.) » Titles:
Sora (空 Lit. Sky.) » Age:
Questionably nineteen » Gender:
Female, until petty. » Affiliation/Rank:
Rogue » Shifter Appearance Written:
Framed by an hourglass and standing with pride, Sora is blossomed five foot tall with a few inches to add, fair ivory complexation with an unearthly glow with glistening rosy lips and with ebony locks to compliment her mood let hues, ranging from crimson to brown. In spite of her curvaceous frame, she is slender and petite. Her facial features are sweet and gentle, opposing her seductive frame that invites sin, it is these facial features that allow her to express a range of emotions, even if she, herself, does not have them. Her imperfections lie in the scars upon her arms and ankles, such scarring being too deep to hide, no matter the form or shape she decides to take. » Shifter Appearance Picture: » True Appearance Written:
Standing five feet and nine inches tall(152cm), weighing one hundred and thirty pounds(58.9kg), Kū is considerably more lean than fragile in appearance, any superfluous fat she has are located within the important feminine places of her body. In her most opinion, she believes her figure and frame is above average when compared to other girls/women. Her figure is an hourglass, as her frame is full-bosomed, easily top heavy as bottom heavy with a smooth ivory complexion. The few imperfections she has are scars, which are her insecurities, lingering upon the flesh of her limbs, neck, wrists, and ankles are embedded scarring from bindings ropes.
Beyond her complexion, her fine silky hair has a gloss with its natural pigment being umber brown with piercing scarlet hues harboring slit pupils. Leading into her unique features, she has canine-like teeth in likeness to fangs located to the top and bottom, these fangs retract and tract themselves. On occasion, such as lust to feed or hatred fueled anger, she has grown two glistening horns upon her head. Nonetheless, compared to the standard demon, she is one of the most human appearing ones within her true form.
Glossing upon her attire, her fashion is characterized as ‘sparse’. » True Appearance Picture:
- Partial nudity:
- Partial nudity:
- Partial nudity:
I. Personality Traits » Personality:
As a first impression, Sora is overwhelmingly lightheartedly and cheerful with an optimistic attitude, which she does maintain within the grimmest of situations, which has led her into being called idiotic or naïve. Somewhat nonchalant, impulsive and dedicated, choosing negotiation over violence, she is compassionate in nature; sympathetic, befriending and beneficial to others. These quantities are fueled by desiring to understand motives and reasoning, as she, herself, lacks this. In result, this formulates her response to any situation, while she remains passive as an individual. Undoubtedly, forgiving and understanding.
Camouflaged through parties, riots, and gatherings called social celebrations, the protective wall ensures no hindrance, however adding the slightest pressure to it, will damper the illusion for a moment and behind this these bright smiles, these illusions are Kū. Selfishly indulging herself in the world around her, unhealthy engaging into social situations and sometimes worse, in false and desperate repentance for her past deeds with suicidal tendencies or quantities. It is these desperations these tendencies reveal themselves, forming into passive-aggression or straight up aggression.
Sinking deeper into this hole, peering in with true sight or breaking every wall down, this frivolous and whimsical demeanor will shatter and reveal Kū, the desolate hiding behind Sora, the prosperous. Once exposed, be it her slipping into her hunger, self-protection or worse, she is a being of little empathy with a weak conscience. She has limited emotions with a void located where her heart is supposed to be and, these restricted sensations tease her, force her to aim for more and to understand what her existence is. It could be her tainted nature as a demon or being a lost little lamb within a vast world too. Thus, it can be the smallest thing she can feel, the emotion and the sensations that circled her birth, her welcome into the world, a seed of crippling nothingness sown so deep with tangled roots to every fiber of her being, that cause this, this insatiable appetite, cannibalistic and misplaced nature to wander for answers. Among this desire to possess and devour, to breed cruelty, suffering, and hatred, despite her bearing nothingness than such emotions or feelings, with whatever little individuality she has to stop herself. Coming to believe the 'demon' way is to only cause torment and devastation, despite being emotional, cruel and selfish creatures that are the opposite of her, which is empty and lost and as such, any act of cruelty is for survival and attempting to keep to the natural order, thus making her conscience is questionable.
As numb or aloof she is, that is not her desire, it is these urges that she can't control causing her 'self-loathing' and 'self-destructive' quantities as her faulty conscience graces her with a line between right and wrong and maybe, she is a monster that does need to be put down.
I. Character History » History
— Once upon a time, was an ancient forest shrouded mystery, despair, and desolation, not abandoned or forsaken. It was home to a small colony of beings called demons, these demons were considerably docile, as it was their nature to keep in isolation, collecting knowledge rather than seeking dominance through aggression. Gathering together to witness and study the stages of conception, the fertilization of their species, through natural phenomena; the manifestation of life that sings a natural disaster forth or respectably, vice versa. On rare occasion, these natural phenoms birthed a demon with its elemental birthright, and it was this examination of research that turned into experimentation. Altering one of the three stages of conception by planting a gem within these natural phenomena, the fertilization happened within these gems, operating much like an egg, and through controlled experimentation, there was a significant increase in demons surviving and being born from and with the element from its natural phenomena. Among the success of these experiments, the desire to alter or change the result and outcome of these demons had formed, taking a fertilized gem from its originating environment and relocating it to another ceased the phenomena within that environment, causing another one in that environment and upon the birth, the creature possessed similar environmental and elemental traits from its current surroundings than its initial.
Among these stages of conception and alteration to their whims, there were a few fertilized gems that could not physically manifest through natural phenomena and thus required something vastly different for the manifestation. Within this frame of time, individuals were deciding to seek out aid from the knowledgeable power colonized within the accursed forest and with an opportunity, the colony bestowed those implanted gems to the individuals in need. It was not for betterment nor consideration, but instead, for curious experimentation of what results would such gems prove to offer? The bestowed gems, Kū was one that could not physically manifest through any of the natural phenomena within that forest. Engraving her jewel into a sword, it served as a medium for offensive purposes and the continuing the stages of conception.
Empowering the sword, it became somewhat sentient with an affinity for any vital liquid; albeit blood from a beast or human, to the life essence coursing the veins of a spiritual being. On occasion, the sword caused a phenomenon where it would beckon wandering essence previously from sentient beings and devour it.
» Conscious dream
Withheld for story sake.
Withheld for story sake.
Withheld for story sake.
Withheld for story sake.
I. Equipment » Equipment:
(輪廻転生, lit. "All Things Being in Flux Through the Endless Circle of Birth, Death, and Rebirth") — A heart? Everyone has one, in a literal sense and a physical sense, and Kū is no different. A physical object containing the essence of her life, the limitation of her presence, and where all begins, will be where everything will end. As the name suggests, the jewel that housed Kū is her heart, along with the capital of all that is her essence: the core of her life and limitation of it. It is the necessary object to abolish her existence, as well, as the essential element to establish a pact. A rin'netenshō will occupy the torso region of a manifested physical appearance, unto an established agreement, the rin'netenshō will keep itself in the ownership pact holder.
In importance to the jewel, due to it being the heart, the destruction of her physical manifestation will cause the soul to retreat, enabling her permanent death or another reformation. A rin'netenshō can be stolen or lost, without the destruction of her body and the recall of her soul, along with a pact could be enforced or control forced through cunning execution, resulting in the same. These pacts will often be weaker than a consensual one but have the potential to be equally as strong.
Upon stealing a rin'netenshō, Kū will have a limited function(Such as no possessive drive and limited spells), no ability to connect directly, and the rin'netenshō will not return to her, however, can direct herself to it. The leading reason for destroying the physical manifestation is significantly preferred then not if one is attempting to kill or capture.
I. Natural Abilities & Skills » Natural Abilities:
(If your demon has any natural or racial abilities/skills, put them here)
» Unusual physiology
— Unlike the normal physiology, spiritual or not, there is a distinctive difference in biology, along with functionality and transfiguration, and thus, enabling endless versatility. Caused by the natural phenomena embracing her creation, the first of these phenomena were the spirit and soul, individuality without physical substance, a born 'ghost' forced into being dormant within a jewel until the final step, the physical manifestation. Naturally, these phenomena occur spontaneously, the recent research and modification causing the separation of this, otherwise, instantaneous birth into three elongated stages of conception. It is these resulting circumstances that have altered the general physiology into something stranger than average.
What is Kū? She is a spiritual entity, a demon, yes, contained in a physical body, enabling her to interact with the lines and those between these lines: the tethered and untethered permitted to communicate with her as well. What is unusual about her physiology? Unlike the regular being, her physiology is optional and suggestive at most. For her to exist, she only requires a heart, the Rin'netenshō, while to live, a physical manifestation of sorts. And thus, this is where her physiology is unusual.
Kū is a creature that will imitate beings in her surroundings, picking and choosing traits to mimic enabling her to disguise herself among them. An example can be the ability to breathe by creating her own set of lungs, she imitated the ability to breathe like a human, thus experiencing this feature in life, in spite of not requiring oxygen to live. These abilities stem from her manipulation of ketsueki jisshitsu, the vital essence belonging to all creatures, that created her body. It is due to this same manipulation that she will evolve and as such, these abilities are weaponized.
In nature, Kū does not have any numerous weaknesses and in turn, no enormous advantages, and if we were to count? Here are brief points in abilities and limitations to her manipulation.
- Limitation — Core — At her base, at her core, Kū is an entity tethered to an object, her home, and heart, despite being tethered, she has the freedom to seek a physical manifestation. As a sentient being, these abilities to perceive is limited in supernatural touch or feel, a sensitive perception involving her environment, thus making her exceedingly attuned to her surroundings. As this entity, there is no perception of sight(to see) or sound(to hear), these functions are unrequired to live or to exist. Being a spiritual individual these limitations, which evolve, are equal benefits and detriments.
A natural phenomenon is when a dormant entity is born from a jewel, it is the physical manifestation of its birth, in the same sense, it is when 'spiritual' substances reconstruct physical substances, thus creating a physical form that houses the being. Based on the elemental or possessive abilities of the demon entity, the physical manifestation will share these features and express limitations. For Kū, she is a humanoid being, due to humans essence naturally being available at that time, forcing her default to be human. However, she does not have the same weakness as them, at her base, she is still an entity with a heart and only one perception. It is with her physical manifestation that she can evolve her senses, which are optional, into complexity or ignore them.
- Internal system — Organ — Straight to the point, there is only one actual organ, that is the Rin'netenshō, a vigorous stone symbolizing the heart and holding this single organ in mind, there are various imitating organs with no valid function, outside of being cosmetic. These cosmetic organs serve two proposes, the minimization energies, and essences, as well as the storage of these two elements. Essential for functionality to be human, these organs share the identical performance as regular organs within a human, the difference between these human and herself is the extraction of these organs. Removing one of these numerous ornamental organs is inconvenient at worst, it is not a hindrance as they are not important, especially to Kū; these decorative organs serve for the structural organization.
Unlike these cosmetic organs, the Rin'netenshō is critical and thus, necessary to exist. It is both an object or an item, as well as an organ. It is the core of her being, the collection of all that is her. Shall her physical body perish? Her spirit will rest within the Rin'netenshō. [Please see the equipment listing to learn more about the Rin'netenshō]
- Internal system — Bone — Ah, the skeletal structure is not as optional as her organ structure, it is necessary for a range of functions, however, it is as easily replaced as cosmetic organs. Each bone within the body is a collection of essence modified into a hard and physical structure. Unlike the storage or minimization of these essences, the bones belonging to her skeletal structure activated, trustworthy and available to be modified. The skeletal structure is the most dangerous due to the capability in transforming as a moments notice. Sadly, a skeletal structure is suggestive by triviality, thus not necessary to exist.
The manipulation of the skeletal structure is rather easy, like human breathing and the repair can be as simple as speaking, provided the energy.
- Okay, for the sake of everyone reading this profile and my exhaustion, I am breaking the fourth wall, sue me. From this point on, this bitch is about to be BRIEF as HELL. Fuck Grammar too.
- Internal system — Essence — Essence! The everything, the pinnacle, the CORE of her physical existence and arguably possessive drive, and we are not talking about blood cells. We are talking about everything that is her and the conversion process. So. Essence is a physical manifestation, as well as a spiritual manifestation. Crafted into the skeletal structure, organs, and internal system, produced from energies. Weaponized in nature, the formation it takes is considered a makeup or weapon, it will always remain one thing, and that is dangerous. Essence associates to anything spiritual or physical that hold life, the essence that moves within the body, arguably the blood in all entities. Yes? No? Kind of.
The essence of life can be found in all beings that exist, that is what essences are to her, that is what her body devours and creates. Its appearance, being cosmetic, appears at the essence that humans have, blood, while it is not actually blood, it is a container of energy waiting to be weaponized or employed.
Now, eating her or coming in contact with her. Ever drunk twenty energy drinks? No? Well, eat one of her internal organs. You'll love it. Moving on! In this sense, she is adaptable. Because you are what you eat. This will bring us to our next point.
- Internal system — Evolution — Devouring others is another way to gain knowledge, power, and weaponize, it isn't entirely for the sake of improving appearance, but adaptability to any condition. Arguably called evolution by devouring identical species or races, ties that may share the same capabilities, and a mutation will transpire. The requirements for these mutations are unsure, as it isn't clear by devouring individuals. As her first mutation, a human offered their base of existence for her to be birth from and thus, it may require offering. (Essentially, its the following point I want to update this bullshit, and with local plot supporting.)
- Internal system — Forms — I will with hold this for when I make a list of forms she can turn into. This is here as a place holder and plot advancement.
- Benefit — Regeneration — Ah, regeneration is interesting enough. By default, the physiology of Kū is suggestive, at its best, and thus, removing something is merely inconvenient. Upon removing a limb, an organ, and hell, even her head, the physical manifestation will return itself, while the removed part will form a crystallized layer with everything inside it liquifying into glistening crimson energies. This crystallization is for the convenience of consumption by others, which is a point we will gloss over for now.
So long as Kū has the energy, and the physical manifestation isn't obliterated into oblivion, she'll have the ability to regeneration. However, harming the rin'netenshō is a different subject. That being her heart, and upon being damaged, it requires manual and special healing(from another individual) or time to recover.
- Benefit — Immunity — Detriment — Sedatives — Clearly, as a parasite, Kū can undoubtedly identify what she needs and does not. Disease and illness are these things, in one way, she is immune to all formations of them because if they are made to harm her existence, they must go. The invading essence within will be devoured and the devouring scent will turn to oblivion. In this sense, there are a few things that can get inside her body and these are sedatives. Absolutely one thing she cannot positively counter are sleeping sedative, considering her functionality as a false human being, sleep is important and thus, that is one thing that is known to affect her.
- Benefit/Detriment — Sensibility — As a creature that weaponizes and adapts, quite a bit of sensitive comes with those terms, spiritually and physically. From the life flowing freely within creatures to the smallest change in temperature, she'll discern the difference. In the up and down, she has an extremely receptive to torment and pleasure, while illusions are less efficient in purpose, it is far from impossible to expose her to these elements. Including her taste, sight, touch, and hearing, which can confuse itself with instinct, she is increased in these as well.
» Observationist — Learning through observation, reading, writing, speaking and behaving were acquired through watching than trial and error. Now confused as an extremely intelligent, than one that improves, she can't comprehend everything, some things require proper guidance. Thus, she can transform and adaptive into something else, having the knowledge and not the experience. In this sense, Kū will observe in personal survival, then experiment due to curiosity.
» The hostess, escort and barista — It could be natural and be born with it, the excessive talent to sing, to act, to dance, to prepare, and to serve. Arguably, as an entertainer or a hostess, Kū is exceptionally skillful, such so, she is often an escort for hire, ranging from a dinner date for the lonesome to a conversationist, rarely a bed buddy. Her talent is a range from singing and dancing, to cooking, to hands-on care, rarely sexual, and in her opinion, she was born with these features, with her best being a barista. Not as a hostess, but as a barista, Kū has managed to lull various individuals without the need to extend herself out as anything more than a tea crafter.
I. Possesisve Powers » Possessive Powers:
(What is their possessive power? Please explain it and the abilities it has)Ketsueki jisshitsu
(血液実質. Lit. Dominion of essence life. Eng Lit. Blood substance) — Ah, the essence flowing within all creatures, the vitality belonging to all sentient beings, physical or spiritual, and it matters not as there are no exceptions between race or species. It is the essence dwelling, flowing within all creatures that entice Kū, and it is the smell, the scent that provokes her craze to taste, to devour, to claim and to control, however, it is not all insanity with such influential essence; beneficial or detrimental, be an opponent, an ally or a misfortunate soul. Invoking her rite, the connection between these essences are a familiarity, an affinity between it and herself, regardless of the differences among these essences, the act of possession is becoming one, to become one is to fill the nothingness, to experience wholeness, or an act of selfishness to create a personal dominion. Her chosen methods of domination are questionable, as there are as many applications, as there are advantages and abilities; her anatomy is one of the many examples. Tapping into her possessive talents, her devotion to seize command could be something as unique as exercising her seductive voice, something ingenious or sensual as touching and feeling, or something as shrewd as infection through vicious battle, or perchance, humbling mercy upon a misfortunate individual by remedying their affliction.
Floating throughout her body, these variations of essences dance, tangle and unite into one control, her endowment and scanning across these essences relating to others, here are her applications, abilities, and physiology; along with wondrous advantages and restraining disadvantages.
- Creation and manipulation —
- Possession —
- Restoration —
(感情物質. Lit. Dominion of emotional essence. Eng Lit. Emotional substance)
- Resistance — an apathetic creature by birth, along with her abilities to manipulate emotional responses, Kū is profoundly resistant to emotional manipulation. As stated by Kū, it is the desire to understand the emotional workings in beings that causes her to create her own emotions. An emotion is a suggestive thought than anything influential, no matter the weight or power. These limited emotional responses, created or generated to cause a struggle in her are also restricted in these same functions: suggestive thought or an opinion. All within her natural traits, and manipulation prowess.
- Camouflage —
- Creation and Manipulation —
I. Possessive Drive
Note: Demons can have anywhere from one to three Possessive Drive forms. So just repaste it if your demon has more than one. » Possessive Drive Appearance:
(What do they look like if there is any kind of stage? If they have stages, feel free to repeat as necessary. ) » Possessive Drive Benefits:
(Do they get any nifty powers, abilities, and things of this nature? Put all of that here in separate sections and feel free to repeat as necessary for other forms. And remember that Possessive Drive is all about being possessed by your demons possessive power. So bring that out with this release.)
I. Skill Sheet
(To Find Out about what these skills are for, please READ THIS THREAD
before you try doing anything to it. After you have read it, do not fill your skills out until a staff member has graded your thread. The staff member checking your app will also give you Will Skills in which you can add to your app when approved. Click the spoiler below to see what tier gets what kind of skills.)
6-Tier: Allowed all beginners.
5-Tier: Allowed all beginners.
4-Tier: Allowed 1 Adept, 3 Beginner
3-Tier: Allowed 3 Adept, 1 Beginner
2-Tier: Allowed 2 Advanced, 2 Adept
1-Tier: Allowed 1 Elite, 2 Advanced, 1 Adept
0-5 Tier: Allowed 1 Elite, 3 Advanced
NOTE: There can be exceptions you can discuss with staff if the character's themes and masteries etc are better suited to a different configuration. Let us know when after we approve your character if something along those lines is something you want for your character. e.g If your character isn't particularly quick but the force in their strikes are massive, so you could take a hit to their speed and drop it a level in exchange for raising your strength
- Durability: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Trained/Beginner/Untrained
- General Speed: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Strength: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Weapon Skill: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Za Koa Core: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Posessive Magic: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Possessive Augment: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Possessive Influence: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Willpower/Determination: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Mental Deduction: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Focus: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
I. Roleplay Sample » Role Play Sample:
(Show us what you got by posting a sample of how you roleplay. Any previous thread or new material is accepted!)