Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Reyla
Reyla
Starter Member

Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex Empty Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:24 pm
Reyla looked down at the slip of paper in her hands as she walked down one of the many corridors of the fifth division's barracks, the clacking of her sandals against the wooden flooring mixing with the intermittent shuffling of the sliding doors that lined the walls as members of the fifth flitted about, doing things that only they knew about.

Probably paperwork.

As she walked down the corridor Reyla was checking the small plaques on the doors she passed. She had a very specific goal in mind, admittedly it wasn't one she was expecting to be going towards when she first started asking around about who might be willing to help her develop further as a Shinigami.

But shockingly she had been lead to the barracks in search of none other than the captain of the Stealth Corps in her constant search for self improvement, and speaking of...

Reyla came to a halt in front of one of the doors, slightly larger than the others and bearing a plaque that clearly stated that it was the office of Henrex Astillon. Others in her position might have hesitated or even turned back, after all what right did someone like her have seeking out a Captain to seek personal training? Reyla however didn't hesitate and reached out, knocking on the wooden frame of the door with three sharp raps before settling back into an attentive stance to wait for a response.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex Empty Re: Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex JCRrxmK

STEALTH FORCE CAPTAIN

Artist: Pokemon D/P - Song: Professor Rowan's Lab

Golden light poured into the rather drab office of one of the Stealth Force's Captains, causing him to wince as he set down his pen. The last bit of paperwork done for now, finishing off the report of what was requested of him by Magnolia in the mission she called "Operation: War Dogs". Scout out Shadow Fall bases, gather as much information as he could, and disable what he could -- all of that, done. The paperwork was finished, and now there was one less thing on his mind. Well, all but one...

It was quiet.

Not anything that was really different from normal, but it was...much more noticeable. It was almost eerie as the Captain slowly and silently rocked back and forth in his chair, not even his breathing making so much as a hint of sound as he took in air, closing his eyes as he rested his arms on his desk, finally releasing the breath as his eyes slid partly open.

The sudden, soft knocking on the door brought him back to reality as his head immediately rose and faced the doorway, softly waving his hand and briefly tapping into his influence over the air in order to cause the door to open seemingly by itself as Henrex rose from his chair, a warm smile spreading across his face as his deafened steps made their way to the door.

Leaning on his side as he rested on the interior of the doorway, he reached up and brushed some hair from his face, further revealing his crimson eyes and warm smile, with an almost familial sense of welcoming as his deep, yet quiet voice broke the silence:

"Good morning. How can I help you?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Reyla
Reyla
Starter Member

Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex Empty Re: Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:55 pm
It looked like Reyla was in luck, she had managed to show up at a time when her target was actually in the office rather than pursuing duties elsewhere. She had briefly taken notice of the fact that the door had clearly opened before Henrex had physically gotten to it, but since she herself had some telekinetic ability she didn't let it phase her.

Before answering him Reyla took a brief instant to actually take a look at Henrex. The man was actually a bit shorter than Reyla herself, and was possessed of a similar hair color and complexion as she was, though his hair seemed to be a bit messier. The most striking feature was in fact his red eyes, unsurprising really, but even that wasn't that unusual given the number of various physical features that could be found on beings with no truly physical form.

Her observation over almost as soon as it had begun Reyla offered Henrex a small bow, "Henrex Astillon? My name is Reyla Natori, and if you'd be willing I'd like to discuss some things with you."
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Have you met the Herald's mage? Closed, Henrex Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:25 am

STEALTH FORCE CAPTAIN

Artist: Anselm Japan - Song: Memory

Through the brief moment of silence, the Captain took this time for himself to also scan over the woman in front of him, noting the differences and similarities between them as she did a small bow, causing the young man to wave his hand, laughing nervously as his face flushed at the notion of respect.

"Y-You don't need to do that, you know. I'm not some prim and proper aristocrat. I'm...just a person, not someone special and royal, like Lord Kuchiki."

A soft smile spread across his face as a hand bashfully rubbed the back of his neck. While not responding to her question, a hand rose from his side as he lightly gestured her inside, sliding the door shut behind him. A memory briefly raced across the Captain's mind as he took Reyla's introduction to memory. How long ago had it been since he himself had performed that kind of action toward a superior?

He let out a quiet chuckle before he quietly made his way back to his desk, sitting down and once again gesturing for Reyla to do the same. He took a brief glance down at his desk, before taking in a deep breath and returning his gaze toward the unexpected visitor, his gentle smile returning as if it had never left, and his voice soft as the fall breeze.

"What can I do for you, Reyla?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Reyla
Reyla
Starter Member

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:36 pm
He didn't want her to show him the respect he was due? How odd, and utterly against Reyla's own position if she were to be in his shoes, or at least insofar as she'd at least like some acknowledgement of respect before allowing informality into the conversation. Regardless though, she wasn't here to discuss personal feelings as to subordinate actions, so with a nod of acknowledgement she found her own seat on the other side of Henrex's desk.

"In all honesty I have a somewhat selfish request. I've heard rumors that you will sometimes take on students in one form or another, and I was hoping that you might be willing to do so with me. As for my motivation, well to be blunt I'm much weaker than I feel is appropriate for myself, especially as I've recently accepted a position that will have me in the living world for large periods of time."

It almost physically pained Reyla to admit to her own inferiority but she'd never been one to shy away from the truth, at least not with herself, otherwise how could she improve?

"With a slight grimace she continued, "I am by no means the weakest among my peers, but I am no where near to being in a place where I'd be... well comfortable's not the right word as I don't plan to stop trying to improve myself at any point, but I'm sure you get the general idea."
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:26 pm

STEALTH FORCE CAPTAIN

Artist: Deltarune - Song: Field of Hopes and Dreams

Getting her sat down and sitting down himself, Henrex was quick to indulge in what Reyla wanted from him, something that he already had a small hint of. As the Captain of a division in the Gotei, it wasn't hard for him to assume that, with the mild track record he had of training others so they could improve for the coming conflict, and the future ahead.

A small, yet gentle smile spread across the Captain's face as Reyla began to speak, confirming his suspicions and nodded in acknowledgment. It wasn't exactly a secret that he had been taking on students, in a sense. Most of them had been members of his squad, people he had happened to encounter while he was in Soul Society, friends, or even people he just knew through the various connections that he had. But, he had no trouble accepting someone like, even if she was from an entirely different squad.

So, rising from his seat and opening a door at the back of the barracks, leading out to a training grounds, Henrex gestured for her to follow him.

"It's not a selfish request. It's natural to want to get stronger. But, I have no problems taking on another student. I'll try my best to work with you."

Stepping outside after Reyla already likely had, Henrex shut the door, taking a deep breath as he turned to her, resting a hand on his sword as his smile returned.

"So, let's start this off with your strengths and weaknesses. It'll help me organize this session better."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Reyla
Reyla
Starter Member

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:07 pm
Reyla followed behind Henrex as she considered his question, it wasn't unreasonable, but she had to consider how to answer it. She was well aware of her own flaws as well as where she shined, the trick was in phrasing them in such a way that didn't sound like bragging without disparaging her self to the point that Henrex wouldn't want to teach her.

"In all honesty I'd rate my speed, sword play, ability to keep going after being hit, and basic martial understanding to be above average, but nothing particularly stellar, as much as it might pain me to say so. I know I'm not the strongest physically, and I have next to no ability to fight hand to hand without a weapon or my Kido.

Where I shine however is with my Kido, though in my opinion I'm nowhere near where I want to be with it the fact remains that I've become almost as familiar with casting as I have with my own breathing and have even developed some spells on my own. I also am fairly adept at solving problems and piecing information, or more importantly dis-separate pieces of a spellform, into one coherent whole."

Having given a brief statement on her abilities Reyla decided to stay quiet, waiting for more questions.

For reference:

General Skills

Durability: Adept
General Speed: Adept
Strength: Beginner
Martial Skill: Adept

Shinigami Skills

Hoho: Adept
Kidō: Advanced
Zanjutsu: Adept
Hakuda: Untrained (originally beginner, sacrificing a level to boost kido with Frost's approval)

Will Skills

Willpower/Determination: Adept
Mental Deduction: Advanced
Pain Endurance: Adept
Focus: Advanced
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum